2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » NANI!?
NANI!?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 19:03:26  
Don't be toxic, I used to do these videos a long time ago. It has nothing to do with soloing x NM. We're talking the overall capability of a job at max level and the OP was the one who put this video as an example because people don't know unless its put infront of their faces what a job can do.

Why do people constantly resort to personal attacks? 3 years ago people got all riled up about BLU but when you do the same about another job they get their panties in a twist. lol

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 19:23:09  
Are you trolling or are you serious right now? lol

"look at the damage and all the utility spells they have. AOE nuke much?"

Means jack ***these days. I'll just give you an example, MNK with various low man fights. You are better off using a MNK than a BLU with all those professed "utility spells" because they simply do not matter. RDM has far more utility these days than a BLU. AOE nukes dont mean anything, they are mostly for fodder mobs. Multiple jobs can achieve the same thing with AOE ws like Aeolian edge or a BST with aoe etc.

AOE heals are mostly unimportant when you consider how much better a WHM can handle it.

RDM has unlimited MP too.

You are just comparing silly things just to lash out on my opinion. RDM is not OP simply because of this video which I said multiple times.

Go take a RDM with support into somewhere like Dyna D. Take a Crocea Mors and Daybreak into anything with that support really. You'll see what I'm talking about lol.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 19:34:45  
Yes I am salty because there is not good job balance at the moment and my favorite job has fallen behind. That is why I think people need to ask for an update to BLU because it deserves one right now. I rarely advocate for nerfs because I like variety. However, that doesn't mean you should critique my opinion simply because I have a preferred job. You should care about balance too, unless youre a RDM who is enjoying their OPness atm.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 19:50:15  
I compare them because historically they were mostly on par with their utility and RDM was more of a support option. Now, the utility is far skewed towards RDM and they even have become a powerhouse DD at this point. If you compare the two jobs you will see BLU is lacking in literally every area, even in AOE where a RDM has so much potential with Aeolian Edge. I honestly can't think of many scenarios where you would want a BLU over a RDM at this time post Crocea/Daybreak metas.
By Shichishito 2020-05-29 20:27:13  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2020-05-29 20:32:06  
Doesn't even fully showcase what its capable of. You can bring it into Dyna D, that afania loves to reference, doing 99k Seraph blades/sanguine, 50k+ aeolian edges. Escha, just demolish anything with similar numbers with those WS. When you compare it overall to other jobs, it just isn't fair. COR can also achieve similar feats but imo it isn't as shocking as RDM.

Rua even said himself in one of his videos that it was OP, yet he never enters these debates or anyone that all the villagers drool over their videos. I'm guessing they don't want the public to turn on them or because its me putting the debate out there, they don't enter.
By Shichishito 2020-05-29 20:37:47  

the omen collection:

Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-05-30 00:06:07  
Draylo said: »
Cant compete with "heavy dd"? Obviously has not seen what rdm can do lol.

hmmmm. Back at 75 I was that RDM that would have Nidhogg unable to attack for 2 straight minutes because of max potency Slow and Para procs and I was one of the first RDM Tanks before SE completely buried Mage Tanking. Today I'm the RDM in maxed gear that had to shift WS sets and weapons several times during the Velkk Ambuscade because I kept accidentally breaking 45k with Savage Blade. As DPS goes mine is about as strong as they come barring DM augments so I'm ignoring that. I'm also the BLU that enjoys beating "Heavy DDs" whenever someone gets way too into the "BLU's too weak" debate in events or town shouts.

In terms of DPS, RDM cannot fight with BLU unless it's magical and it DEFINITELY cannot fight with the primary DDs if they are equally geared. Super powerful in Dynamis, not so much everywhere else unless you bring SCH and have the GEO use Magic Bubbles. And all that really highlights is that you can use any damage type you want if you prep for it.

Don't be toxic, I used to do these videos a long time ago. It has nothing to do with soloing x NM. We're talking the overall capability of a job at max level and the OP was the one who put this video as an example because people don't know unless its put infront of their faces what a job can do.

Why do people constantly resort to personal attacks? 3 years ago people got all riled up about BLU but when you do the same about another job they get their panties in a twist. lol

Actually, you are the same person saying you were losing parses to Savage Blade CORs on your BLU when we discussed at length that it simply isn't possible so I'm wondering if the one that doesnt understand a job's potential might be yourself?. We agree on a great many fronts that BLU's "Exclusion Nerf" is getting way out of hand and in need of QoL updates because 90 second spells is just wtf. But when you constantly go around trying to call one of the strongest jobs in the game weak, we have issue with that. Literally every job discussion that comes up you somehow turn it against BLU and it's annoying honestly.

But I digress, RDM is strong solo. Always has been, it soloing WoC raised some brows but as already stated, its very old content and was bound to happen eventually. If SE makes an NM very single-target exclusive and not super spammy (Fii Pexu the Eternal), RDM will eventually eat it. RDM fits well in groups but not remotely so well that any sane person would pass up a BRD or COR for it without a good reason.

It is what it is.

Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
BLU is the most OP and need a nerf
No thanks lol. BLU is indeed powerful but needs to focus all/most of it's efforts to be exceptional at things. And I think SE is "Okay" with that.

Oh, and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, I love RDM. It was my first job and I love that it's getting good attention I really am. It's a beautiful thing. I just don't care for talks about it, or any job really, being OP because if such complaints come around enough is when we see Nerfs. I don't want what happened to BLU to happen to RDM or any other jobs is why I posted at all. So unless someone brings up points that actually make the job OP or broken? I wont post on it any more.

I apologize for the lengthy response.
By Draylo 2020-05-30 00:56:24  
Quote:
In terms of DPS, RDM cannot fight with BLU unless it's magical and it DEFINITELY cannot fight with the primary DDs if they are equally geared. Super powerful in Dynamis, not so much everywhere else unless you bring SCH and have the GEO use Magic Bubbles. And all that really highlights is that you can use any damage type you want if you prep for it.

Wrong. I never said it it completely shadows BLU or heavy DD, it can compete was what was said. I have both very well geared and know what they are capable of if that is what you're implying.

Also super powerful if you bring a GEO? Like every established group has lol. Also Dyna D is one of the top tier content in the game in terms of battle performance, alongside master trials (which RDM also shines in.) Nobody said anything damage types, we're specifically talking about certain jobs and how they compare.

Quote:
Actually, you are the same person saying you were losing parses to Savage Blade CORs on your BLU when we discussed at length that it simply isn't possible so I'm wondering if the one that doesnt understand a job's potential might be yourself?.

Never once said I lost parses to CORs, it is something you're pulling out of your *** to try and invalidate my opinon. It might actually be you who has been wrong on quite a few occassions.

Quote:
We agree on a great many fronts that BLU's "Exclusion Nerf" is getting way out of hand and in need of QoL updates because 90 second spells is just wtf. But when you constantly go around trying to call one of the strongest jobs in the game weak, we have issue with that. Literally every job discussion that comes up you somehow turn it against BLU and it's annoying honestly.

I don't give a ***if you find my opinions annoying, use the block feature then. This thread wasn't even started by me, I just put my opinion like everyone else. You just took it upon yourself to respond and trying to invalidate my opinion by putting words in my mouth and insinuating I don't know how to play the jobs or gear them properly lol. Never once said BLU was weak either.

Quote:
But I digress, RDM is strong solo. Always has been, it soloing WoC raised some brows but as already stated, its very old content and was bound to happen eventually. If SE makes an NM very single-target exclusive and not super spammy (Fii Pexu the Eternal), RDM will eventually eat it. RDM fits well in groups but not remotely so well that any sane person would pass up a BRD or COR for it without a good reason.

Um okay?

Quote:
Oh, and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, I love RDM. It was my first job and I love that it's getting good attention I really am. It's a beautiful thing. I just don't care for talks about it, or any job really, being OP because if such complaints come around enough is when we see Nerfs. I don't want what happened to BLU to happen to RDM or any other jobs is why I posted at all. So unless someone brings up points that actually make the job OP or broken? I wont post on it any more.

Too bad, you'll have to deal with it just like I did when people constantly complained about BLU. We already brought up several points but go ahead and don't post on it anymore because you really aren't contributing anything.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-05-30 01:33:39  
But RDM cannot compete with heavy DDs in zerg/super-buff situations. It's behind by 30-45%. The only content where RDM is super strong is Dyna-D and that's as a result of magical WS, especially dark-based, being so powerful there. Pure physical the heavies romp all over RDM. We can bust out huge numbers every few seconds and at extreme attack too versus RDM pissant Savage Blades.

Stop whining about blue mage. It's pathetic. BLU is really good as a starter job or for cleaving. That's a nice niche. If you're going to be BLU at endgame then set your expectations accordingly. And I say that as a R15 Tizona BLU.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-30 01:38:15  
I can whine about whatever I want, I don't care if youre a bandwagon BLU with a Tizona like everyone has lol. I came into the thread to comment about RDM and I was comparing it to other jobs that people are playing. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so if you don't like mine feel free to block me. Imagine how I felt seeing Afania and the same gang coming into every thread (even creating threads) asking for BLU to be nerfed. BLU isnt a starting job, and just like other jobs were in a ditch during the time people were complaining, its now in a ditch. It just needs an update.

Quote:
But RDM cannot compete with heavy DDs in zerg/super-buff situations. It's behind by 30-45%. The only content where RDM is super strong is Dyna-D and that's as a result of magical WS, especially dark-based, being so powerful there. Pure physical the heavies romp all over RDM. We can bust out huge numbers every few seconds and at extreme attack too versus RDM pissant Savage Blades.

What situations are these? Most content these days boils down to Ambuscade, Omen, Dynamis D and Master trials. You can apply that same buffing for magical damage in Dynamis D, to almost all content now. One posted above just showed you a video of doing it in Escha. Where are people using super buffed DD where RDM doesn't have a place at all? We are comparing jobs overall and seeing how in quite a few scenarios, RDM is coming ahead in terms of damage, utility and overall use.

What content are you even talking about?
By Draylo 2020-05-30 01:56:09  
Also, people keep mentioning cleaving as if thats something noteworthy. There are tons of jobs in the game that are capable of cleaving trash mobs... AOE is not something exclusive to BLU and it isn't something they are far ahead of other jobs either.
By missdivine 2020-05-30 05:24:43  
Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
It isn't solely based on the fact they can do x solo. It is the overall picture when you analyze a jobs capability.
Salty because BLU couldn't do the same. You don't see this guy talk ***about BLU but always some other job.

On second thought, maybe he's not skilled enough to do so...
Draylo always will complain about other jobs that solo better than blu, he did the same on bst and pup forums years ago, now on mnk and rdm topics.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-30 07:03:19  
He edit his post!!! You know its true, Latifah. We need that BLU update
By Pantafernando 2020-05-30 07:11:16  
This is like the poor being jelly of rich.

Then his "solution" is to make the rich poor instead of working to make the poor rich.
By Draylo 2020-05-30 07:14:02  
Not at all, I have said since the beginning that I prefer buffs and have said in what way. I always advocate for buffs over nerfs at this point in the game.
 Fenrir.Puciato
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-05-30 07:24:17  

What exactly do you want BLU to have? Sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-30 07:27:35  
I want conduit to last a full 1 min and that SE get rid of the consecultive BP nerf.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-30 07:29:20  
Posting a single video of a solo, when this guy earlier posted like 6+ of NMs people use groups for being soloed by RDM. We are talking overall picture here, not some solo video you can find to somehow think that BLU is in an ok position. FYI, RDM can solo that one too.

You need to compare what the job is capable of at max level in comparison to other jobs. You don't need a video or some guy in a video explaining that for you, you can see it easily on paper.

It is just hilarious how this exact argument played out those years ago when people were on the hatewagon against BLU. I literally sat here posting "It doesn't need a nerf, other jobs just need a buff" and you had people foaming at the mouth saying "NO IT NEEDS ADJUSTMENTS ITS NOT FAIR OR BALANCED!" yet they say nothing when RDM completely surpasses what they were complaining about with BLU. Just on this page you have people saying "no, i dont like nerfs! just adjust jobs" and it mirrors what I was saying then. Funny how it works like that.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-30 07:36:25  
BLU is perfectly fine as it is. The only thing it's lacking is buff duration gear.

Stop thinking it's supposed to be a sword warrior.
 Fenrir.Puciato
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-05-30 07:37:43  
That video is a solo if you remove the other five members of the party.

It just sounds like you're salty about what the job looks like on paper rather than actually going out and doing something worthwhile with it. The Meta shifts, so people level other jobs and play them

Also Drk can solo Omen bosses too so? Not sure of your point.

People complaining about RDM being over powered, is this 2006?
By Draylo 2020-05-30 07:40:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
BLU is perfectly fine as it is. The only thing it's lacking is buff duration gear.

Stop thinking it's supposed to be a sword warrior.

No it isn't perfectly fine. None of its "utility" is needed in todays FFXI nor is it up to standard with other options. List to me what you think BLU excels at in any form and I can offer you a counter opinion as to why it has fallen behind in comparison to other jobs it was typically on par with. The definition of "perfectly fine" keeps getting thrown around in these debates and of course it always comes from biased viewpoints.

It isn't suppose to be a "sword warrior" yet 90% of BLUs don't even cast Blue Magic outside of self-buffs. Is that good design to you? Where the majority of our utility spells are completely useless in the face of things like penance, super buffed enfeebles etc? Cmon now. Even something like DEF down has fall behind when you have options from RUN, WAR, etc via the breaks.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-30 07:40:42  
Doesn't matter if it's "not useful to the meta" not everything has to be meta.

You abused it when it was (the most) broken and now you pay the consequences.
By Draylo 2020-05-30 07:43:22  
Fenrir.Puciato said: »
That video is a solo if you remove the other five members of the party.

It just sounds like you're salty about what the job looks like on paper rather than actually going out and doing something worthwhile with it. The Meta shifts, so people level other jobs and play them

Also Drk can solo Omen bosses too so? Not sure of your point.

People complaining about RDM being over powered, is this 2006?

I never said anything about a solo being a qualifier as to why a job was OP. Once again, since I keep repeating myself, the OP showed some solo videos because people don't understand stuff unless you explain it in a YouTube video apparently. I had no involvement in his posts or opinion.

Yeah of course meta shifts, so asking for buffs to BLU shouldn't bother people nor should pointing out facts of what the current meta is. When BLU was popular and bandwagoned, maybe you weren't around, everyone was on the hate to get it nerfed and it succeeded by keeping the job off a lot of decent gear. A lot of people aren't aware of the current meta's in the game with various jobs. You had people continuously asking "WHY R PPL BUYING KRAKEN CLUB" the masses don't understand the facts on paper, they need pretty YouTube videos to show it.
By Draylo 2020-05-30 07:47:32  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Doesn't matter if it's "not useful to the meta" not everything has to be meta.

You abused it when it was (the most) broken and now you pay the consequences.

I've been on BLU since day 1 lol. There is a difference between wanting buffs for a job, pointing out current meta and OPness of certain jobs and discussing possible ways SE can fix it. I have stated multiple times my ideas for buffs to BLU and it isn't just a duration increase that's needed. We don't need to be a powerhouse DD but right now our utility means ***and it was something that made the job unique and has fallen behind with all the gear/mechanical updates to various jobs.
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-05-30 10:53:33  
WAR could use its WS to debuff mobs long before BLU was a job. RDM could get 12-15 min self buffs since BLU was a or around BLU's inception as a job. Nothing has changed with the exception of moving away from crit based ws spam (CDC mostly) to WS that scale with TP more, as TP speed and stats have inflated. BLU has some very strong buffs as it is even doubling them all and letting them keep MG or something on a pt full time should happen I'll give you that for sure, but what would be enough? 8 min haste 2? 2 min caccon? 25 shadows for 15 min?

Saboteur is great for rdm it's good for the job and something it was sorely needed. A way to see what a mob was debuffed with would be great for all jobs but at this point I doubt we will ever see it lol. I just don't see anything that would case some massive shift. At the end of the day make all jobs stronger, make ws like cdc and uf matter and be useful for all jobs again, would be nice to see them as go to options again.
[+]