Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 129 130 131
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 12:52:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
People love to say "my right to do whatever the *** I want" "say whatever I want" "Everyone else be damned".

Just like you like to say, "I'm scared so no one else can live their life like they choose because outside is scary."
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 12:54:23  
If outside is scary (like it is right now) it's because there are stupid people on the loose

If there was a way to keep an idiot from infecting an non idiot, it would be different.

If you want to darwin yourself into the hospital, I'm 100% on your side. You do you. How do we keep people safe from you. And why is it fair for nurses and doctors to have to treat your stupid ***. If you knowingly risk infection, they should let you die.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 12:58:50  
Take personal responsibility maybe? Make your choices differently. Suck your thumb? Hide under the sheets? Walk around in a bubble for all i care. But you don't ever get to tell me how to live my life
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:01:09  
People have been telling you how to live your life, your entire life.

Try doing 100 on your local freeway. Try picking up food in a store and just eating it. Try robbing your neighbor.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:02:06  
If you knowingly risk infection, they should let you die.

And you're a piece of ***. You knowingly risk infection everytime you open your mail. This virus is never going to just go away. Or do you actually think it is?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:04:08  
None of the things you listed infringe on my rights.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:05:52  
Eboneezer said: »
None of the things you listed infringe on my rights.

I would be interested in just what exactly you think your rights are.

kireek said: »
If you knowingly risk infection, they should let you die.

Almost everyone risks their lives every day, as in the things I previously listed. oh, and others lives by their actions too.
You can't breathe in car accident. You can't breathe in assault rifle. You can't breathe in sweets.

A Pandemic is a biological weapon. Guess what, if you have HIV and you have sex with someone that's a crime.
Quote:
It is possible to be charged with attempted murder if you know that you have the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV, the virus that causes AIDS), but engage in unprotected sex without telling your partner.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 13:07:06  
Hey, you ever hear about Vaccines? They're this neat marvel of medical science that, while not eradicating a virus, can drastically improve your ability to fight it off.

We, currently, do not have one for Covid-19.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:08:53  
I would be interested in just what exactly you think your rights are.
Let's start with your fears dictating that I can't patronize businesses, or go to work at said businesses to provide for my family. Or I can't enjoy recreational activities because you're scared.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 13:09:25  
lol, you have to wonder where this *** that rural states aren't at the same risk as NYC is coming from. Um, yes they are. If anything, rural states are at a bigger risk because they have less resources to combat the virus. Fewer hospitals, fewer doctors, fewer medical supplies, fewer tests.

As we have seen in South Dakota, the coronavirus has shut down 2 meat processing plants and infected hundreds of workers. That is a huge risk to the entire country. Thats where our food comes from. If covid starts sweeping through the farmlands and shuts down our food sources, what then?
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:10:04  
Asura.Veikur said: »
Hey, you ever hear about Vaccines? They're this neat marvel of medical science that, while not eradicating a virus, can drastically improve your ability to fight it off.

Well then I guess we should just let the world collapse while we wait for one, huh? What good will it be for us then?
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 13:10:13  

inb4 the already debunked AIDS/SARS reference!

Edit- Damn! Too slow >.<

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-19 13:13:04  
Obviously, the source is garbage, but damn.

Quote:
COVID-19-related deaths rose Saturday by two, to 86, and confirmed coronavirus cases increased by 85 to 1,790. Kelly’s office said six deaths and 80 cases are tied to religious gatherings.

Talk about spiking. What percentage of a jump is that.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 13:13:52  
kireek said: »
Smoking is idiotic
Drinking is idiotic
Taking drugs is really idiotic
Overeating is idiotic
Drinking sugar drinks is idiotic (one democrat nominee wanted to ban them)
1. Yup and in some states the places you can publicly smoke are limited in a push to mitigate the effects of second hand smoke. Anecdotally, I don't know anyone who allows smoking within their house anymore.
2. Yup and public intoxication laws exist in an attempt to mitigate the effects of drunken decisions effecting people other than yourself.
3. Yup and laws exist to restrict access to them.
4. Yup, but basically only directly effects you.
5. Yup, but basically only directly effects you.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:14:04  
Viciouss said: »
Obviously, the source is garbage, but damn.

Quote:
COVID-19-related deaths rose Saturday by two, to 86, and confirmed coronavirus cases increased by 85 to 1,790. Kelly’s office said six deaths and 80 cases are tied to religious gatherings.

Talk about spiking. What percentage of a jump is that.

You're not allowed to use percentage that's dishonest.

Quote:
six deaths and 80 cases are tied to religious gatherings

Sounds like they're not social distancing like people seem to think they are.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 13:20:07  
Eboneezer said: »

Well then I guess we should just let the world collapse while we wait for one, huh? What good will it be for us then?
If our economy and society is so fragile that a few months of limited activity, because literally no one is suggesting a full shutdown for 18 months, causes it to collapse, it probably deserves to collapse.

I'd rather it not happen, to be clear, but I'm also not a fan of throwing the workforce into a viral cesspool and relying on thoughts and prayers to save them and their families.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-19 13:21:42  
I'd rather it not happen, to be clear, but I'm also not a fan of throwing the workforce into a viral cesspool and relying on thoughts and prayers to save them and their families.

Same.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:21:48  
Really should try a little harder to just ignore kireek. (self included)

It's all on purpose.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:24:46  
If our economy and society is so fragile that a few months of limited activity, because literally no one is suggesting a full shutdown for 18 months, causes it to collapse, it probably deserves to collapse.

It is.

Tell me your realistic idea of this shutdown. How long? How much spending to allow it? When do you allow it to end?

Do you believe this virus will go away with these measures? What's stopping it from coming right back at that point?

If i could click my heels and make it disappear, i would. We can't sustain like this much longer.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 13:27:31  
If everyone stayed home for 14 days it would've been over already.

But people insist on going to church and the beach and funerals and weddings and dinner parties.

You're only making it worse for yourselves.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 13:28:28  
If everyone stayed home for 14 days it would've been over already.

But people insist on going to church and the beach and funerals and weddings and dinner parties.

That is impossible to expect. People need food/water/medical/health supplies.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 129 130 131