New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Fast Recast Calculations
Fast Recast Calculations
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2020-03-12 03:03:05  
Was working on a weird idea for BLU and wanted to see what it would take to get to the 80% recast reduction (or close to it). So went and pulled up the formula for Spell Recast Reduction:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Spell_Recast

IE:
1 - (Equipment Haste + Magic Haste - Magic Slow) ÷ 100
1 - (Combined total Fast Cast ÷ 2, result rounded down) ÷ 100
1 - Job Abilities spell recast reduction ÷ 100

So went though and created a spreadsheet to replicate the example formula on the page and got it dialed in and then went to do some testing with my own variables... that's where everything went wrong.

While testing: 25 Gear haste, 30 Magic Haste (Erratic Flutter), 0% Slow, 64% Fast Cast, and no JA reductions should, by the formula, result in 13s recast for a 45s spell (Using Erratic Flutter as my test spell). Well, in game, it shows it at a 17s recast.

Tried again with Barrier Tusk: 60s recast. Formlua says 18s, but ingame, 23s.

Tried with a few other spells as well like Occulation. Formula says it would be 27s, in game it's 35s.

By the math, the formula is around 8%~ off each time. Not sure if I'm just flumxing my math or what is going on. Testing was in Adoulin but was not under the effect of Ionis. Only other Buff was Erratic Flutter and Signet (Which shouldn't affect anything over in Adoulin)

Fast Cast / Fast Recast set used:
Carmine Mask 12% FC / 8% Haste
Taeon Tabard 8% FC (+4 Augment) / 4% Haste
Leyline Gloves 8% FC / 5% Haste
Enif Cosciales 8% FC / 5% Haste
Herculean Boots 5% FC (Aug) / 4% Haste
Baetyl Pendant 4% FC
Witful Belt 3% FC / 3% Haste
Loquac. Earring 2% FC
Weatherspoon Ring 5% FC
Kishar Ring 4% FC
Swith Cape 3% FC

Formulas used in Spreadsheet: (Open Office)
=SUM((1-(Gear Haste+Spell Haste-Slow)/100))
((1-(25+30-0))=.45

=ROUNDUP(((1-(Fast Cast/2)/100));2)
(((1-(64/2)/100))Rounded to tenth = .68

=SUM(1-(JA Reduction/100))
(1-(0/100)) = 1

BLU/RDM (Fast Cast II via /RDM is greatest)

Any input on this would be wonderful as I'm banging my head against a wall here for several hours and cannot figure out if my math is wrong or there was some kind of a change to the formula that just went unnoticed, better the former somehow. ;.;
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-12 03:19:36  
Stupid thought: have you tried adding 1% more FC and 1% more gear haste?
Reason: approximation.

The game works with different numbers when it comes to % values, and what shows as 25, for instance, could actually be closer to 24.
If you overcap with slightly higher numbers, you'll be sure that you're covered.

This might not be the issue with your calculations, but it's worth trying to see if you get slightly closer numbers to what you expect.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2020-03-12 03:25:37  
Was a thought I had and tired making those adjustments and it causes the difference to become even greater. Even tried using some of the exact values like for Erratic Flutter (29.98) for example and it wasn't enough to make up the difference sadly. Thanks for the idea though.

On a funny note: Started playing with the numbers and dividing the Gear Haste by 2 actually got the number to hit exact for a 45s and 90s recast spell More then likely a mathematical coincidence. >.>;;
 Ragnarok.Hammerskin
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hammerskin 2020-03-12 06:40:19  
Not that it even close to solves the issue, but I’m only counting 62% FC in your gear set, and your formula doesn’t include FC 15% from (RDM sub Or FC III from erratic flutter and trait bonus II).

Are you confirming the recast via the menus or recast timers from addons? Could be a timers issue if the latter.
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2020-03-12 11:59:28  
Should of noted that; only have the first Trait bump so FC II is all I have at this point.

Also thought I wasn't going crazy on the 62%, so after Trait it would be 77% (Shows me for trying to do math half asleep and no coffee)

Only bad part is that pushes the deviation even higher it about 11.5% now. At first was using a recast plugin, but when I saw the variance, I started checking the in game recast timers.

Been talking with some fokes over on the BG Discord and they mentioned another formula so gonna check it out and see if that solves the problem.

EDIT: So turns out someone changed the formula on the BG page and now has been corrected by one of the moderators over there (Thank you, FaeQueenCory, BG Discord), so now I have to remember how to do floor integers to get everything working.

UPDATE: So after once again slamming my head into a wall, (Along with several of my LS mates) none of us can get the equation to work correctly. Guessing either (more then likely) we're just screwing it up, or there is some other variable that just isn't being accounted for. Think I'll have to come back to this later and just in the mean time, just keep cranking more FC for reduction and hope for magic haste. @.@;;;
By Mrxi 2020-03-24 05:56:44  
Which spell are you trying to reduce recast for as BLU to its Max? Possibly entomb if cleaving apex. I don't recall ever needing that. You will have diminishing returns because cant put as much skill or dt or sid in the set maybe.

Amusing fast casts "spell recast reduction" is on the mid cast.
By Mrxi 2020-03-24 06:00:40  
Stop banging head off wall over thinking it and just cleave.