Dem Dems aiming at 2020
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 58 59 60
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-11 16:19:42  
Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Rush Limbaugh getting the medal of freedom was a giant slap in the face to anyone that doesn't have their head up their ***.

I’m not sure why you think that. Obama handed them out like candy. I’d say the only award that still carries massive significance is the Medal of Honor.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:19:56  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Vic, do I have your permission to truncate some of our replies to each other?

Uh, yes.
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:21:05  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Rush Limbaugh getting the medal of freedom was a giant slap in the face to anyone that doesn't have their head up their ***.

I’m not sure why you think that. Obama handed them out like candy. I’d say the only award that still carries massive significance is the Medal of Honor.

Maybe because Rush had made his career out of denigrating African Ameri, specifically, black athletes?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:22:51  
As for Betos Spanish, I let it go, as I said yesterday, they will say anything to get votes. Beto wasn't bad, but Buttigieg was better, and there was only room for one of them.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:23:31  
My phone is being stupid, sorry for so many typos.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 16:26:15  
Viciouss said: »
As for Betos Spanish, I let it go, as I said yesterday, they will say anything to get votes. Beto wasn't bad, but Buttigieg was better, and there was only room for one of them.
I don't want anyone speaking Spanish at me to get my vote. It feels as if they are crouching down to speak to a toddler on their level. I felt patronized.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 16:27:37  
Vic, do I have your permission to truncate some of our replies to each other?

Uh, yes.
I'm tired and too lazy to continue that list of replies, but good stuff. I will remember you granted me permission to make replies shorter.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:29:50  
I don't want anyone speaking Spanish at me to get my vote. It feels as if they are crouching down to speak to a toddler on their level. I felt patronized.

Like I said I let it go, I wasn't big on Beto, then the El Paso shooting happened, it didn't feel like that moment, which only happened the once, really mattered that much.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-11 16:30:13  

Maybe because Rush had made his career out of denigrating African Ameri, specifically, black athletes?

That’s a stretch. But if we’re going down that route, it’s not like controversial people never win awards.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-11 16:33:41  

Can’t forget the femi-nazi’s. He couldn’t stop talking about them during the 90’s.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:34:04  

That’s a stretch. But if we’re going down that route, it’s not like controversial people never win awards.

Not much of a stretch he has said terrible things about NBA players over the last few decades.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 16:39:44  
I don't know enough about Rush to have an opinion. Like I don't listen to him. I know he is a male, probably older than me, probably white. /shrug

Like I said I let it go, I wasn't big on Beto, then the El Paso shooting happened, it didn't feel like that moment, which only happened the once, really mattered that much.
Ohhh, did Buttigieg speak spanish too? Or was that Sparticus himself that did it! I think it was Corey Booker spoke spanish too? IIRC, he TRASHED IT. Rosario Dawson is too good for him. -_-
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-02-11 16:41:59  
Russian Collusion. The Mueller Report found nothing on it.

While it did not prove that Trump orchestrated the collusion, it did conclude that Russia did influence the election, and that Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation:

Quote:
page 157

"Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations.

The incidents were often carried out through one-on-one meetings in which the President sought to use his official power outside of usual channels. These actions ranged from efforts to remove the Special Counsel and to reverse the effect of the Attorney General' s recusal; to the attempted use of official power to limit the scope of the investigation; to direct and indirect contacts with witnesses with the potential to influence their testimony."

Page 8 Paragraph 3 & Page 182, paragraph 1 (CONCLUSION)

" if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

((( B )))-----Mueller did not indict Chump because of DOJ policy of not indicting a president and said accusing Chump of committing a crime would place burdens on his ability to carry out his Constitutional duties.------

Page 1, Paragraph 4:

"We first describe the considerations that guided our obstruction-of-justice investigation...:

The Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) has issued an opinion finding that "the indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions " in violation of "the constitutional separation of powers." ... this Office accepted OLC ' s legal conclusion for the purpose of exercising prosecutorial jurisdiction.

And....we recognized that a federal criminal accusation against a sitting President would place burdens on the President's capacity to govern and potentially preempt constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct. "

Volume II, Page 15, Paragraph 2

"Consistent with our jurisdiction to investigate federal obstruction crimes, we gathered evidence that is relevant to the elements of those crimes and analyzed them...while refraining from reaching ultimate conclusions about whether crimes were committed,..."

((( C )))----Mueller said Congress should apply the laws to his findings because no one is above the law.----------------

Page 8, Paragraph 2

"....we concluded that in the rare case in which a criminal investigation of the President' s conduct is justified, inquiries to determine whether the President acted for a corrupt motive should not impermissibly chill his performance of his constitutionally assigned duties. The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law."

The investigation also led to the following:

Quote:
Stone was found guilty in November of lying to Congress and obstructing the Russia investigation to protect Trump and his presidential campaign. He's scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 20.

His convictions stem from his actions in 2016, when he sought to create back-channel communications with WikiLeaks to find out about stolen emails that were damaging to then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and to push for their release.

Stone repeatedly lied to the House Intelligence Committee about his efforts, falsely denying that he talked to the Trump campaign about them. He also urged a possible congressional witness to either lie or scuttle his testimony. The committee at that time was investigating Russia's election interference.

Five other former Trump campaign aides and allies pleaded guilty or were convicted as a result of the Mueller investigation.

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements to investigators about his contacts with a Russian ambassador. But Flynn has since withdrawn his guilty plea, accusing prosecutors of forcing the former Army general to admit to crimes he didn't commit.

Prosecutors have asked that Flynn be sentenced to up to six months in prison, though in court filings Wednesday they said they're also open to probation.

Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, is serving more than seven years in prison after he was convicted of several charges, including fraud.

Michael Cohen, Trump's former personal attorney, is serving three years in prison for lying to Congress and other crimes.

Former campaign aide Rick Gates was sentenced to 45 days in jail, which he can serve intermittently over three years while he's on probation.

Former campaign adviser George Papadopoulous served a two-week sentence for lying to investigators about his contacts with Russians.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-02-11 16:47:08  

The only ones Obama handed out that I believe are undeserved are the ones he gave to Buffet, Clinton and Biden.
None of those people even come close to the raging racist shitstain that is Limbaugh.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 16:54:55  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
While it did not prove that Trump orchestrated the collusion, it did conclude that Russia did influence the election, and that Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation:
Not disputing that. The point was, that one side can investigate the other, and it's all ok. When the other side does it back, it's the second coming of Hitler.

My point is, like here, there are two sets of rules. Rules that one side can break time and again, without repercussions, and rules for the other side, that if you step out of line, BAM! repercussions.

Is asking for the same standard and rules to be applied to all sides, so wrong?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 16:57:32  
Thats not what I said tho. I said Trump is fabricating a Biden scandal, which he is. Joe Biden isn't being investigated by anyone, has done nothing wrong, nor has any evidence of wrongdoing been brought forth. Trump is just inventing a scandal out of thin air. The same cannot be said about all of his scandals.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 16:59:28  
Thats not what I said tho. I said Trump is fabricating a Biden scandal, which he is. Joe Biden isn't being investigated by anyone, has done nothing wrong, nor has any evidence of wrongdoing been brought forth. Trump is just inventing a scandal out of thin air. The same cannot be said about all of his scandals.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, I believed you were infiring that Trump was making up the Hunter Biden thing to hurt Biden.

What did you mean then?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-11 17:10:38  

The only ones Obama handed out that I believe are undeserved are the ones he gave to Buffet, Clinton and Biden.
None of those people even come close to the raging racist shitstain that is Limbaugh.

Yeah, given how loosely that term had been thrown around for the past several years, I’m going to take the racism claims with a grain of salt. I’m not a huge talk radio guy, but I do listen on occasion when I’m bored at work and have never heard Rush say anything racist.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 17:12:21  
Yeah, given how loosely that term had been thrown around for the past several years, I’m going to take the racism claims with a grain of salt.
Which is quite sad really.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 17:14:05  
Rush wants to rename the NBA to the TBA, Thug Basketball League. He also said the NFL is a bunch of gangs wearing not uniforms but gang colors, similar to the Bloods and Crips, without weapons. Just two. Its a pretty long list. They aren't "claims" either, he is a racist.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-11 17:18:06  
Rush wants to rename the NBA to the TBA, Thug Basketball League. He also said the NFL is a bunch of gangs wearing not uniforms but gang colors, similar to the Bloods and Crips, without weapons. Just two. Its a pretty long list. They aren't "claims" either, he is a racist.

Yeah, no thanks. I’ll go find his actual quotes. Nothing there is any more racist than things Bloomberg has said and he isn’t a pariah.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-11 17:19:24  
What I gathered from this page is:

Feelings towards a likeable Politician before they attempted to speak Spanish: “Lo Que Siento”

Feelings towards a likeable Politician after they butcher it: “Bossa no Sé”

Also Limbaugh apparently not a racist especially not when he convinced Conservative White America that he was going to award Black America reparations. That ***was horrible yet hilarious.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-11 17:20:06  
He being Obama...damn phone.
By Viciouss 2020-02-11 17:20:34  
Have at it. Like I said, decades of attacks on black athletes have given us plenty of fodder. I think there was a time when ESPN inexplicably gave him a job as an analyst and he was out by Week 4 for attacking Donovan McNabb because he was black.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 17:21:51  

Yeah, no thanks. I’ll go find his actual quotes. Nothing there is any more racist than things Bloomberg has said and he isn’t a pariah.
Speaking of Mr Stop n Frisk. He implemented it and defended Stop n Frisk right?
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-02-11 17:25:12  
Bloomberg is likeable?

Mother *** is known as “Doomberg” with anybody born after 75’ for a reason.

If you really think the majority of the left likes him your Intel is suspect at best.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-02-11 17:31:10  
LIVE STUFFS!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/new-hampshire-primary-live-results-democrats-make-final-push-n1134096/ncrd1135266#liveBlogHeader
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-02-11 17:41:49  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Not disputing that. The point was, that one side can investigate the other, and it's all ok. When the other side does it back, it's the second coming of Hitler.

My point is, like here, there are two sets of rules. Rules that one side can break time and again, without repercussions, and rules for the other side, that if you step out of line, BAM! repercussions.

Is asking for the same standard and rules to be applied to all sides, so wrong?

I definitely believe that anyone should be investigated, regardless of political affiliation. Are you referring to the Hunter Biden thing?

The last defense from the Trump Team was basically that "Yes, Trump did withhold aid in exchange for dirt on a political opponent, but it was because Trump believed his re-election was in the best interest of the country."

If either of the Bidens did anything wrong then there should definitely be an investigation...but by the US, not a foreign government.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-02-11 18:06:27  
Have at it. Like I said, decades of attacks on black athletes have given us plenty of fodder. I think there was a time when ESPN inexplicably gave him a job as an analyst and he was out by Week 4 for attacking Donovan McNabb because he was black.

Um, no, he wasn't attacking McNabb for being black. His exact words were, “I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern from the NFL; I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.” In other words, he thought the decision to start McNabb was influenced by him being black, not that McNabb shouldn't start because he was black.

Swing and a miss.

Seriously, this is how it usually goes with these claims of racism. Someone supposedly says something super duper racist, and it ends up only being racist if you assume that the person saying it had ulterior motives. Rush has been on the air for decades, talking upwards of 15 hours a week. Surely you can do better than a handful of statements from way back when that only sound bad out of context. A "raging racist" should be giving you fodder every day.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 58 59 60