First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 29 30 31
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 11:16:50  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
spengler said: »
The main mistake SE has made over the years is not sending a C&D to windower / ashita, both have crossed over the lines of 3rd party client pretty heavily.

All other games have exploits this big if not bigger, sometimes they go on forever, sometimes they don't. you generally don't hear about them because the people that find them are not potatoes. Windower/Ashita allow potatoes to find them.

Given even SE has used windower/ashita since they were made, why would they send a C&D? SE KNOWS the gaming experience is superior with them, and even other MMOs allow third party addons of some description for UI changes and the like.

Its not windower/ashita dev's job to fix poor FFXI coding, and as has been stated by others in this thread anyone who DOES make a proper report of any issue gets banned themselves, so literally no one has any reason to not exploit anything they find.
This right here is why so many people don't report the ***because SE is gonna ban you and anyone else more than likely even if it was a mistake. Talking pre medal ***. This is what the 4th time now its happen in this game at this point. Hell the item npc thing has been *** so many times its nuts. If chocobo blinkers were same as they were before the change everyone in the game would be capped gil.
By spengler 2019-11-17 11:21:57  
The main mistake SE has made over the years is not sending a C&D to windower / ashita, both have crossed over the lines of 3rd party client pretty heavily.

All other games have exploits this big if not bigger, sometimes they go on forever, sometimes they don't. you generally don't hear about them because the people that find them are not potatoes. Windower/Ashita allow potatoes to find them.

Given even SE has used windower/ashita since they were made, why would they send a C&D? SE KNOWS the gaming experience is superior with them, and even other MMOs allow third party addons of some description for UI changes and the like.

Its not windower/ashita dev's job to fix poor FFXI coding, and as has been stated by others in this thread anyone who DOES make a proper report of any issue gets banned themselves, so literally no one has any reason to not exploit anything they find.

This kind of delusion is honestly rampant in this community.

Obviously the vanilla client is terrible, obviously windower/ashita make the gaming experience on FFXI more enjoyable.

You mention other games but give 0 examples. Blizzard specifically has disallowed addons that don't even do a tenth of what some of the FFXI ones do. There's a pretty defined line between what a 3rd party client can do and what windower/ashita do.

Also what proof do you have that SE has used windower/ashita? The amount of people that want to flex and sound important on this 17 year old dying game is astounding.

If you're using the voidwatch addon, if you're using react, if you're using pouches, if you're using any of the addons to cash in sparks or accolades, if you're using anything even close to these, you've gone far beyond what a 3rd party client should be able to. The windower/ashita team not condoning such things and SE not sending them a C&D is an absolute mistake that will continue to haunt them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-17 11:32:48  
What exactly does flexing mean to you?

I don't think you have a very good comprehension of the word.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 12:07:16  

This kind of delusion is honestly rampant in this community.

Obviously the vanilla client is terrible, obviously windower/ashita make the gaming experience on FFXI more enjoyable.

You mention other games but give 0 examples. Blizzard specifically has disallowed addons that don't even do a tenth of what some of the FFXI ones do. There's a pretty defined line between what a 3rd party client can do and what windower/ashita do.

Also what proof do you have that SE has used windower/ashita? The amount of people that want to flex and sound important on this 17 year old dying game is astounding.

If you're using the voidwatch addon, if you're using react, if you're using pouches, if you're using any of the addons to cash in sparks or accolades, if you're using anything even close to these, you've gone far beyond what a 3rd party client should be able to. The windower/ashita team not condoning such things and SE not sending them a C&D is an absolute mistake that will continue to haunt them.

WoW literally added third party addons into the client itself. Thats how being able to move macro icon areas became a thing.

Elder Scrolls Online allows third party addons.

Equipsets and Lockstylesets in FFXI became a thing (after way too many years) because of, well, im sure you can guess.

Two easy examples.

And SE has literally done livestreams running windower/ashita. Sooooo.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-17 12:08:10  
DirectX said: »
What exactly does flexing mean to you?

I don't think you have a very good comprehension of the word.
I mean it in the exact same context which you do, I'm sure.

Aren't you just some guy who got the code off Elidyr and think you're a big man because you exploited some shitty old game?
Yeah, that's exactly who I am.

this is another attempt by you to flex, just fyi since you clearly still don'tn understand what "flex" means.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-17 12:09:49  
So who's sock do we think that is everyone?
By spengler 2019-11-17 12:11:18  
Blizzard specifically asked all authors of questhelper addons and DBM type addons to remove them from all repositories or be faced with a C&D.

Not quite sure if you meant to prove my point for me or if you're just uneducated
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 12:15:25  
Blizzard specifically asked all authors of questhelper addons and DBM type addons to remove them from all repositories or be faced with a C&D.

Not quite sure if you meant to prove my point for me or if you're just uneducated

And then proceeded to add most of them into the game itself.

They sent a C&D to WoW private servers too.... then added them to the game. Seems like the problem isnt third party things.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-17 12:26:50  
I don't see the relevance and as a retail player I'm guessing you wouldn't allow that same argument to be used for the FFXI private servers.

SE has tried to add things to the game as well. Mob indicator on distance, auto sorting, equip sets. They have made a ton of QOL changes.

Their problem was not shutting windower/ashita down when they basically became cheating platforms.

I use them the same way most people do, and I use addons that I don't think SE would approve but I'm not stupid enough to think that most addons are not a 3rd party cheat, and I'm definitely not stupid enough to think that if such things weren't so public people like elidyr would go off on their own and write 1200 lines of absolute garbage. Even something like pouches is very clearly circumventing an intended game mechanic. SE could have just given you 1 bead and 10 silt every time you killed a mob. They inserted a time gate, automating your use of the time gated items is cheating. Is it a good mechanic that SE put into the game? No. But that doesn't change this premise.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 12:27:07  
DirectX said: »
The amount of people that want to flex and sound important on this 17 year old dying game is astounding.
Says the guy trying to flex by saying everyone else is flexing.
Sadly I agree with this DB. You saying were trying to flex on a 17 year old game by trying to flex. All the games listed have allowed or sent c&d out just so they can put it's own system in place. Hell if you were in back in the day you couldn't see people tp. SE added it after an addon was out for years with it already. Like nyaarun said gearsets and ***were made because of windower.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 12:29:24  
I don't see the relevance and as a retail player I'm guessing you wouldn't allow that same argument to be used for the FFXI private servers.

SE has tried to add things to the game as well. Mob indicator on distance, auto sorting, equip sets. They have made a ton of QOL changes.

Their problem was not shutting windower/ashita down when they basically became cheating platforms.

I use them the same way most people do, and I use addons that I don't think SE would approve but I'm not stupid enough to think that most addons are not a 3rd party cheat, and I'm definitely not stupid enough to think that if such things weren't so public people like elidyr would go off on their own and write 1200 lines of absolute garbage.
How the hell are you complaining about this stuff but using it? If the game changes SE were so good why do you need to use these?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-17 12:40:08  
yikes, you're actually nuts aren't you?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-17 12:46:08  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

I use them the same way most people do, and I use addons that I don't think SE would approve but I'm not stupid enough to think that most addons are not a 3rd party cheat, and I'm definitely not stupid enough to think that if such things weren't so public people like elidyr would go off on their own and write 1200 lines of absolute garbage.
How the hell are you complaining about this stuff but using it? If the game changes SE were so good why do you need to use these?

Cause he's someone's sock on here trolling everyone.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-17 12:49:24  
Never regularly posted on FFXIAH in my life.

If you don't think that the openness of windower/ashita has led to 3rd party programs and or exploits you're delusional. Not sure why this is such a ground-breaking thought, I'm sure most of the windower/ashita team would agree with me.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 12:53:04  
Asura.Suteru said: »
The game started development 20 years ago. the current employees aren't the ones that wrote the code and fixed the duping exploits years ago.
thats what i expect but there should be notes or a briefing or something to capitalise on the previous employees experience. otherwise this will keep happening.
By fonewear 2019-11-17 13:02:13  
The investigation to ban those 45 players cost SE at least 3 million dollars...I mean three dollars !
[+]
 Bahamut.Hismena
By Bahamut.Hismena 2019-11-17 13:12:56  
Man, can we go two days without people tryna flex their e-peens? This is old news at this point, I'd much rather focus on the packet memes.
 Bahamut.Hismena
By Bahamut.Hismena 2019-11-17 13:16:08  
Asura.Saevel said: »
So who's sock do we think that is everyone?

I'm pretty sure that's Cannibal or Angmar's sock account (which really brings to question why he's not forum banned, come on, mods).
By Jetackuu 2019-11-17 13:45:04  
If chocobo blinkers were same as they were before the change everyone in the game would be capped gil.

Wasn't the rate on that a pale caparison to even shields?

(I missed that train at the time, so idk).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 13:55:46  
Jetackuu said: »
If chocobo blinkers were same as they were before the change everyone in the game would be capped gil.

Wasn't the rate on that a pale caparison to even shields?

(I missed that train at the time, so idk).
At the time people had alot of cruor. Today people are sitting on damn near 400 million cruor if they've been doing voidwatch and ***some have more than that I'm sure. The rate was lower than shield but spark is capped to 100k cruor isn't to my knowledge. I'd be capped gil at this point if I traded it in on the two characters I have.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 13:58:08  
i find it fascinating how quick and frequent the cry for mods and bans on this board are in contrast to how liberal the use of 3rd party tools are.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-17 14:04:54  
Meh it's two totally different things.

You're trying to keep ***on the down low on XI. On here if you're a *** everyone knows.

Difference between trying to make the game more enjoyable vs trying to bait/annoy someone.

And... sometimes mods actually do something, where as the enforces on the game have to be forced.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 14:12:42  
Honestly til now the STF has done nothing til the other day. Which is why I dot't have faith in them going through two years worth of logs. Not trying to flex but the ogs of this game know stf is basically useless. SE only reacts when the community complains about something not when its clearly a problem. I'm shocked the STF even cared about this as they've let so much ***go looking the other way.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 29 30 31