Packetgate - Results
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 29 30 31
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-17 21:21:49  
Shichishito said: »
speaking of not playing, i frequently read the argument they don't/shouldn't ban cheaters cause dozens of their friends would consequently quit too.
now we have 42 official bans, anyone witnessing people quitting or considering quitting themself because one of their friends got hit?

People don't usually tell random people if and why they quit. You don't actually witness someone quit, they just don't turn up if you know them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 21:29:08  
DirectX said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
I don't know how it's so good Gil for them to be so blatant. 10m per char for 8 hrs to make 500 JP because they're slow as ***. Max 3 chars = 30m every 8 hours but completely afk I guess is not bad.

That would fall under merc-ing, instead of RMT. Real money was not traded in this scenario.
The people mercing sell Gil.... Let me explain this to you.

If people buy Gil, sellers need to make Gil. They makes Gil by selling CP. This is RMT activity, not mercing.

Merc play the game and spend Gil on their characters. These are pure Chinese RMT.

Mercing exists with and without RMT purchasing being used with the gil earned. The act of mercing in and of itself has nothing to do with RMT.
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 21:29:15  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
People don't usually tell random people if and why they quit. You don't actually witness someone quit, they just don't turn up if you know them.
randoms don't but maybe friends, ppl on discord or in LS chat.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 22:48:30  
I don't know how it's so good Gil for them to be so blatant. 10m per char for 8 hrs to make 500 JP because they're slow as ***. Max 3 chars = 30m every 8 hours but completely afk I guess is not bad.

That would fall under merc-ing, instead of RMT. Real money was not traded in this scenario.
The people mercing sell Gil.... Let me explain this to you.

If people buy Gil, sellers need to make Gil. They makes Gil by selling CP. This is RMT activity, not mercing.

Merc play the game and spend Gil on their characters. These are pure Chinese RMT.

Mercing exists with and without RMT purchasing being used with the gil earned. The act of mercing in and of itself has nothing to do with RMT.
When the sole purpose of these Gil sellers, who do not even play the game beyond making Gil to sell, is to make Gil to sell this specific mercing has everything to do with RMT. I don't know what you're struggling with here.

These characters and parties exist for the sole purpose of making and selling Gil, they are chinese RMT. If there were not Gil buyers, which the Gil sellers need to make Gil for to sell them, all of these Chinese RMT CP sellers would not be there. Before they appeared not even 1/5th the number of cp sellers existed so you are very wrong to assume buying Gil is not directly linked to this.

Assume we remove all the RMT in the game. The same exact thing would still occur. High end characters would just hold the exp areas to sell JP for gil. There is literally no difference here, and is one of the reasons endgame was largely hot garbage pre ToAU, and wasnt really even good until abyssea. Hell, entire sky god runs could be held up by one person camping diorite.

Not to mention this is literally only an issue on asura. Its not something that exists on any other server to any degree of hindrance.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-17 23:45:23  
maybe you're a visual learner:
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-18 10:37:10  
If there weren't entire zones full of CP mercs BEFORE the Chinese RMT gil sellers arrived, what is to say that there would be when they left? It simply wouldn't happen because non-RMTonly people like to actually play the game and not only afk CP 24/7.

That is pure speculation based on nothing.

You say that, but as we have seen in the past, that is purely not true. Anything you can do to control an entire area players will do. You had a handful of HNMLSs dominate the HNM scene, even if no one present even needed the drops, just because they could.

Youre also assuming for whatever reason everyone doing the CP for gil selling must be a chinese RMT bot. Not always the case. Especially since, remove the bot, and you just get another player doing the same ***, probably more expensively.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-18 10:52:29  
kireek said: »
People say this (people say a lot of things), they rarely mean it unless the friend is their best friend and they do almost everything together and most people who are friends they have on ffxi are not that. They are just people to do content with.

Them being banned won't change anything except look for new people.
pretty much my thoughts.
lots of ppl sadly put up with cheating scumbags in "elite" shells just to leech benefits and get content done. the cheaters thinking thats friendship are sorely mistaken, as long as their spot can be replaced no one will shed a single tear.

You say that, but as we have seen in the past, that is purely not true. Anything you can do to control an entire area players will do. You had a handful of HNMLSs dominate the HNM scene, even if no one present even needed the drops, just because they could.

Youre also assuming for whatever reason everyone doing the CP for gil selling must be a chinese RMT bot. Not always the case. Especially since, remove the bot, and you just get another player doing the same ***, probably more expensively.

once you take away shortcuts to resources and automation so players have to work for the gil they become more conscious on how to spend it. barely anyone would pay 40mil for job master if it takes a similar or even higher time investment on a arguably even more boring task to safe up those 40mil.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-18 12:25:44  
once you take away shortcuts to resources and automation so players have to work for the gil they become more conscious on how to spend it. barely anyone would pay 40mil for job master if it takes a similar or even higher time investment on a arguably even more boring task to safe up those 40mil.

Then the price for JPing will drop. Thats all that will lead to. And again, this is a first world asura problem, entirely because thats where most players in general are, and the server is overpopulated. Easily solved by not going to the worst server available currently.

And again, we still arent even talking about RMT services, as no real money has been traded.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-18 12:39:23  
There's multiple non-chinese CP bots. Hell I know some Canadians that bot CP.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-18 13:43:47  
Then the price for JPing will drop.
it would have to drop by a lot to be attractive again in that scenario and at some point a different activety becomes more attractive to farm gil.

you also have to consider that real players get tired and bored and if its not their job they will stop and do something else.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-18 13:46:32  
Then the price for JPing will drop.
it would have to drop by a lot to be attractive again in that scenario and at some point a different activety becomes more attractive to farm gil.

you also have to consider that real players get tired and bored and if its not their job they will stop and do something else.

Hard to get bored of something you can bot, or something that *** over other people. Again, diorite farming. People didnt "get bored", its easy to do absentmindedly and completely screws over pretty much every single other person on the server trying to do the same thing. Completely worth to some people.
 Asura.Aquatiq
サーバ: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-18 13:47:34  
feelings were hurt

the economy... not so much
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-18 13:54:53  
Economy was already ***, now it's just double ***.

Is there a difference... not really. Does that make it ok... also not really.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-18 13:55:38  
ban RMT bots.
Won't ever happen, you guys need to stop dreaming about this. Just like you'll never get to *** Marie Curie.
By Torzak 2019-11-18 13:59:46  
I don't understand some of the CP bot "monopoly" conversation here.

If you don't like the bots, then treat them as bots and go ruin their activities.

Most of the bots are not hard to get killed. They are really predictable and I've had a lot of fun killing them in various creative ways.

If I want to CP, I sure as hell am not letting a bot group mercing CP ruin the game for me.

Oh, and the amount of people I've seen signing up for these CP bot groups... y'all some lazy a** people who basically knowingly feed a chinese rmt activity. Without your RMT bought gil or hard earned gil, take your pick, the CP bots, by and large, wouldn't exist.

I can only hope that when I kill a bot group CPing, it affects the paying player's time, money, and expectations as much as it affected the botters themselves.

Play The Game

Edit: This is not a general distaste for buying services in the game. I approve your right to buy services or items or whatever you want to spend your gil on. The "Play The Game" comment is from the angle of despising automated play: bots.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-18 14:07:43  
Hard to get bored of something you can bot
my argument was to remove all shortcuts, not just RMT. i even drew you a chart man.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-18 14:09:22  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
ban RMT bots.
Won't ever happen, you guys need to stop dreaming about this. Just like you'll never get to *** Marie Curie.
Hey corpses count!
By Shichishito 2019-11-18 14:10:07  
Torzak said: »
If you don't like the bots, then treat them as bots and go ruin their activities.
there are reports of ppl doing exactly that and the RMT guy running the bots called a GM and the GM sided with the RMT and got the other guy jailed.

the guys serious about RMT boting have their PC linked to their mobile devices so you don't catch them afk.
By fonewear 2019-11-18 14:13:56  
If we get to page 11 we will get rid of all RMT/ bots just keep posting.
By Shichishito 2019-11-18 14:15:32  
fonewear said: »
If we get to page 11 we will get rid of all RMT/ bots just keep posting.
free campaign is over, nothing left to than argue with strangers on the internet.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-11-18 14:16:23  
Well just my .02 about this is I think it is more the fault of the playerbase then it is the RMT.

I just got back from asura, I was over there stocking up on items that we do not have here on Odin. Not knocking your server but holy *** man everyone pays someone else to do ***for them. You merc aeonics, cp, ambuscade, htbf you name it it is for sale. Obviously someone is going to come in and fill the void when there is a desire for the item/service. You cannot blame them for that. I was only there for 5 days and I was like holy ***whats the point of playing the game when you pay people to do everything. In relation to the dupe, people do not want to work for ***when there are easier methods to obtain it. Defeats the purpose of "playing" to me but ***, what do I know. Asura is going to feel it more mainly because you have more people. They follow the money.

We have one guy that sells cp on this server and it is kind of the like the server task to whenever you are in Doh ya mpk him real quick.

TL/DR: If there is a need someone will fill it, it is how the world works.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-18 14:16:57  
clearlyamule said: »
ban RMT bots.
Hey corpses count!
Dust at this point.

Torzak said: »
I don't understand some of the CP bot "monopoly" conversation here.

Most of the bots are not hard to get killed. They are really predictable and I've had a lot of fun killing them in various creative ways.

If I want to CP, I sure as hell am not letting a bot group mercing CP ruin the game for me.

Oh, and the amount of people I've seen signing up for these CP bot groups... y'all some lazy a** people who basically knowingly feed a chinese rmt activity. Without your RMT bought gil or hard earned gil, take your pick, the CP bots, by and large, wouldn't exist.

I can only hope that when I kill a bot group CPing, it affects the paying player's time, money, and expectations as much as it affected the botters themselves.

Play The Game

Edit: This is not a general distaste for buying services in the game. I approve your right to buy services or items or whatever you want to spend your gil on. The "Play The Game" comment is from the angle of despising automated play: bots.
Why do people pay bots/RMTs when there are luas that auto farm CPs for you for free?

Are people that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE on Asura?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-18 14:18:06  
Are people that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE on Asura?

I hope that was rhetorical
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 29 30 31