Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
not to stand around town in shinies

If you made a Nagi, you pretty much did >.>;
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-07 12:39:11  
Its just funny people ask for R15 for job points... but you know whats funnier? The people defending them and asking how they are belittling others while stroking their ego about killing apex mobs while saying he doesn't need job points in a thread were a guy is trying to master his job...
 Asura.Pusheen
サーバ: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-07 12:43:19  
Before I make my comment I just want to echo the positive thoughts throughout the thread. You don't need rema, Find a playgroup that suits your playstyle.

Comment 1) PUGs are cancer on Asura and unless you actually know the person shouting, either don't join or have the lowest expectations imaginable. (THE LOWEST EXPECTATIONS >IMAGINABLE<)

Comment 2) You can make an AG3 Relic for under 100m and in less than 8 hours.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-07 12:51:16  
The hardest job of all is GEO you got to cast a bubble. And then you go AFK.

It is pretty intense.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-07 13:09:02  
and they expect you to keep those bubbles up when you're not even in the room!
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-07 13:38:26  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I will cede this point: 8-10 years ago this game was built much more around leveling and meripo than it is today. XP was a legitimate in-game activity that you often committed months at 3-4 hours/day in order to have your job hit 75 and get merits.

Nowadays the game is built almost exclusively around events and fights, and leveling up jobs is merely an ugly necessity to be powered thru, or even purchased these days.

You'd need to go back a bit further than that, I think, for the ol' XP statics and so on to be relevant. Abyssea came out 9 years ago, and that turned XP/merit progression its head. Even prior to that, some were doing SMN burns.

Plus, it's really not just XP. Basic spells/gear used to be more of an investment. Getting through missions took more effort.
It's just the general way that MMOs tend to operate. Early on, XP and basic gear/etc progression can take longer because there's little else to do. The older they get, and more content there is to work through, the more that early content tends to get compressed.

Modern FFXI isn't just based around a few events, but other grinds, be it Job Points, building/augmenting REMAs, or whatever else.

I'd tend to agree though, the point of playing the game is to play the game. A core part of that is using what you have to do what you can in order to improve. It's fundamentally the same experience whether you're grinding out level 15 for the first time, or rank 15 on a REMA. Might as well enjoy the journey, 'cause that's literally all it's good for in the long run.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-07 13:49:05  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Its just funny people ask for R15 for job points... but you know whats funnier? The people defending them and asking how they are belittling others while stroking their ego about killing apex mobs while saying he doesn't need job points in a thread were a guy is trying to master his job...

The comedy you see in someone asking for an r15 DD for job points, at some point, has to be recognized as personal flavor or opinion.

The only defense I'm saying is that people will naturally want to group with people that bring a similar performance to the table. You often don't see just how much so, because they are all doing things with their LS. I don't see the point in disrespecting or ridiculing someone who does find themselves shouting for that last slot of an r15 DD. On Asura, that r15 DD spot will be filled pretty fast more times than not.

I wasn't stroking any ego. I mentioned joining CP parties on a mastered r15 job and other people benefiting from my doing so to contrast it to the occasion that if I were so inclined to push toward mastering another job with an r15 weapon, I should be able to ask for whatever I want without being looked down upon. You can't expect top tier players to always accept playing outside of their performance tier. When they allow lowered tiered players or go out of their way to help lower tiered players, you should be thankful.

The natural tendency to segregate ourselves by performance is there. If you don't see it, you're blind.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 13:52:53  
The funny part isn't segregation by performance, it's that your skillchain is going to kill the mob whether you're mastered with a R15 RMEA or a basic 99 in passable gear. The benefits are negligible, it's far better described as 'exclusion on the basis of faux superiority'.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-07 13:57:00  
Alternatively you get the r15 rema with a set of bis gear, but only that set and little to no skill in said weapon, so they might not even hit the sc, let alone kill with it
By Torzak 2019-11-07 14:06:08  
Your argument is pretty garbage mode. Some people just wanna get stuff knocked out and done. People tending to group with their performance tier shouldn't make for any automatic implications of "faux superiority". That's just dumb.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 14:08:28  
Excluding someone who wouldn't slow your group by any measurable amount because they don't have a fancy weapon and you do have a fancy weapon is exclusion on the basis of faux superiority.

Having a R15 RMEA does not make you hot ***. Sorry not sorry.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-07 14:11:26  
thanks for the timeline correction, Isi. I'm gettin old. Ok, we're all gettin old I just have a bad memory :)
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-07 14:12:20  
No one said it made you "hot ***". You're confusing elitism in with your argument.

Elitism would be those who do nothing and want nothing to do with those beneath them. That's not what we're talking about here.

There are many of us who do a LOT to help those who've progresses significantly less than ourselves, but who also find ourselves wanting to get something particular knocked out as fast as possible with no slow downs. That's not wrong. That's not something to be looked down upon.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 14:19:46  
You can not and should not measure a players capability by the weapon they wield.

Autists and Elites have equal ability to own glowies.
[+]
By Torzak 2019-11-07 14:33:24  
I'm in no way insinuating that you should judge a capability by the weapon they wield.

Most people keep a decent running memory of those they've grouped with in the past: those that were top performers regardless of their gear.

When you need to pug for a 6th person for a CP group, you can bet your rear end that running memory comes into play where available based on what people send you tells for that position. If someone you've grouped with in the past and has already proven themselves before to you, you're probably gonna invite that person over the other tells you received.

Edit: I've personally invited people with less than what I was yelling for based on that past experience. And those individuals probably sent me a /tell knowing full well they didn't meet the requirements I was asking for knowing they had a shoe in the door based on that past.
[+]
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-07 14:34:44  
People have gotten job master without remas, people have gotten remas without remas.

I understand both points honestly. I personally don't shout for just about anything, and if I make a group for something like CP, the main group I play with are all "decked out." So I probably am biased to that playstyle intentional or not.

Now if one of those people bring a shitty mule or have a gimpy friend who wants to come or leech, I doubt I would say no.

In the end Asura is cancer and the only reason ppl play there is bc of the population; even if the population is 80% trolls.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-09 09:41:24  
Its because there is a large number of players who have rema already that youre competing against people who already have rema.

Im pretty sure you can do all content on whm with only 119 Eburs and a light staff, and some misc AH gear for the rest, no swaps. But if theres an excess of players with yag, +3 af/relic, inyang+2 and the whole 9 yards with niche single spell gear and everything and thats all youve known to clear the content with... Thats all youll see asked for. Doesnt matter if you know you can do the job with less and/or are skilled enough to do so, someone looks better and knowing nothing else, assume theyre better, and eventually the baseline increases.

Basically; asura is the silver spoon of ffxi. People go there assuming they can get group ***done and realize the base over there is over saturated and they cant compete for the limited slot availability.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-09 10:04:43  
Well, this is like entry level job offering that require 2 years of relevant experience and a master degree.

The job actually needs no experience and the master degree doesn't help for anything.

Why do people ask for that?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-09 10:12:44  
Jobs ask for it because they want people who have experience without paying for said experience. All things considered, similar to what you see in game. Need rema to CP, need CP to get rema.
[+]
By ashcrow 2019-11-09 10:17:18  
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
I just recently moved server from Carby to Asura and I have noticed one thing, when was it a requirement to have a REMA weapon just to do a leveling group? I have come across many that want BiS REMA people to go get merits/CP with but then again such people wouldn't really need to do suc h things cause they are most likely capped on everything. So why are people wanting the best of the best when most do not have such.

Asura is a plague.
By ashcrow 2019-11-09 10:19:03  
Torzak said: »
Your argument is pretty garbage mode. Some people just wanna get stuff knocked out and done. People tending to group with their performance tier shouldn't make for any automatic implications of "faux superiority". That's just dumb.
his argument is not garbage, Asura is the kind of server that forces you to bott to get things done because of setting things too high for new people.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-11-09 10:23:35  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Well, this is like entry level job offering that require 2 years of relevant experience and a master degree.

The job actually needs no experience and the master degree doesn't help for anything.

Why do people ask for that?

Markets crash, people lose jobs they need money etc.

Hiring managers start thinking that the oversupply of candidates means their dream of million dollar service on a 10 cent budget can come true.

People short themselves out of desperation.

It’s a vicious cycle.

I’m sure you see the parallels.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 11:17:05  
Do what I do, set up your own events. If I can do it on a server averaging 200-300 at any given time (at least half are mules), anyone can do it on Asura. Just have some patience, or set up a time a few days in advance and ask around.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Excluding someone who wouldn't slow your group by any measurable amount because they don't have a fancy weapon and you do have a fancy weapon is exclusion on the basis of faux superiority.

Having a R15 RMEA does not make you hot ***. Sorry not sorry.

Sure I said something like this on the last page. Having R15 RMEA means nothing sometimes, as it can all be bought and doesn't require skill or good gearsets.
By Torzak 2019-11-09 11:37:03  
ashcrow said: »
his argument is not garbage, Asura is the kind of server that forces you to bott to get things done because of setting things too high for new people.

Another garbage argument.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-09 11:46:43  
I haven't seen anyone on Asura asking for R15 DD's for CP parties.... most of the shouts are for mercs doing bats. Not saying it doesn't happen but it must be in the minority.

that being said, having done enough actual CP (no AFK botting) to cause most of you to commit suicide, many PUG players are complete crap. I have to as for stuff like if they bothered to get a Dunna, or the three song item for Bard, or if the healer even has multiple gear sets. And then the DD's, OMG how terribad most of them are, rarely having multiple weapon types, weapon skills or even gearsets. Apex mobs are best killed with SC's, meaning everyone needs different WS options so the group can be flexible with it's setup. I've actually sped up CP significantly by telling one of the other DD's to go sit on their hands because they couldn't grasp how to coordinate multiple WS's.

The only reason Asura gets brought into this is that it's the largest and therefor the largest concentration of noobs and those putting in the absolute minimal amount of effort. Those bothering to create actual CP parties wan't some guarantee that they won't waste the next 1~2 hours of their time by bringing a GEO that goes afk in the first five minutes.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-09 12:40:47  
Thats still a higher bar than CP actually requires. CP is really the first actual party content new players will be a part of. If theyre lacking things like dunna, then theyre newer players. I dont know how the market is on asura, but for an oboro weapon youre looking at up to 700k ish, which is a lot to a new player... Assuming they even have the reqs to make it.

Likewise, they likely wont understand SCing yet. Its not exactly stated how to do so anywhere, and even if they understand it, they likely wont know every SC possible.

Realistically, all you need to CP is entry ambu gear. As long as you can hit the mob, you can CP. Might mean your more veteran players need to be more flexible and understanding, but that is the baseline to CP.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 12:55:54  
***/naneko are/were pretty famous for shouting R15 but ive had them blisted for so long im not even sure theyre still active.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-09 14:13:48  
1M isn't a lot even for a new player, it's 1 sparks dump, some time in dynamis or salvage.
I'd expect them to have full 109 AF/Relic/Empy gear (-useless pieces) by the time they are ready to CP as well as an ambu+1 set.
By ashcrow 2019-11-09 15:19:19  
Torzak said: »
ashcrow said: »

Another garbage argument.

i have been denied on doing Ambuscade Vd's that i already farmed on RDM just because i dont have a murgelis/new sword even tho i am at 600 enfeebling magic skill mastered and +2 neck, Yea Asura is great.
By Draylo 2019-11-09 15:24:38  
I didn't think new players even exist, mostly returning players and new mules. So many people multi boxing these days, I'd feel sorry for any new player. Most of the returning players just end up quitting so its a hard effort to help them when your time is usually wasted.
[+]