users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Returning Player
Returning Player
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-10-27 15:10:45  
Been gone a while and I am honestly wondering why I even came back. My old LS was still "active" but I was ignored and then kicked from the group cause I didn't have anything current done. So I was hoping to find an active Linkshell but from what I have seen in the last few days doesn't give me much hope.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-10-27 16:24:51  
Can I solo this Ambuscade? I was a decent DNC player before coming back after 6 years and from what I can tell I still am.
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-10-27 16:35:29  
Yes, you can solo Very Easy V2 ambuscade generally with entry level 117 ("sparks" gear), but the idea is to team up with others for higher rewards. I don't know how active Carbuncle (wow; I know it gets said a lot, but /that/ server still exists???) is, but just yell or ask for help here. Maybe get lucky, but few people want to carry others, however... you'll likely have some people needing to team up on Carbuncle anyway so... read this (the first part about getting started) and good luck.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
My old LS was still "active" but I was ignored and then kicked from the group cause I didn't have anything current done.

They broke your pearl because you didn't have anything current done or removed you from an event party because you didn't have access to whatever you were trying to join in on?

[+]
By Brynach 2019-10-27 17:07:22  
Were you kicked because you "have nothing to offer or weren't up on current content", or was it just because you were a person that had never been seen before? Perhaps at one time there was a different attitude towards new or returning players, but that may have changed.
I know that recently we see lots of returning players that log on, talk openly and passive-aggressively about current state and the Carbuncle server being dead and then go silent. A lot of the more tight-knit groups dont really have any place for that.
There are a couple ls groups that take in all the returning players because most of that group is comprised of returning players. Try Bteam or Worldmap. They may be able to assist with some of the easier, more returnee-friendly stuff.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-10-27 17:51:37  
They kicked me cause I wasn't geared to 2019 standards.....is what they said. I have good build for COR DNC and BLU from Adoulin near the end of 2014 with mostly 119 gear.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-10-27 18:07:50  
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
I wasn't geared to 2019 standards.....is what they said. I have good build for COR
COR is one of the easiest to get up to being "useable". A Regal necklace is an Idris for your rolls. A Fomalhaut lets you actually be good for more than rolls. Both are "free", just requiring others' time (which they also likely will get something they want/need).
And that assumes you didn't have a Armageddon or Death Penalty at 119 back in 2014.

A returning COR is usually highly valued. Even if they're just roll-only because it's so easy to get it up to snuff.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-10-27 18:51:09  
I best get started on Fomalhaut.......as soon as I begin RoV from start to end ><:
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-11-01 14:05:18  
kireek said: »
Asura is the big server these days, it's where most returnees or new players go since the population is like 2-3k instead of 300-500. If I was you I would get a server transfer to there.

Some guides:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

The main content you'll be doing is Ambuscade, which is a dungeon you do for points to get gear. It rotates monthly.
I made the transfer too Asura today cause I couldn't get any groups on Carby period. Also been soloing several of the Ambuscade on BLU and DNC and its helped me greatly.
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-01 14:16:43  
PM me if you need anything.
I'm on Asura, but EU time zone. If i'm not busy I'll help all I can.