Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac Is Extra

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
Random Politics & Religion #39: Guac is extra
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49
By Eboneezer 2019-10-28 15:23:50  
Viciouss said: »
Its a great thing that a newspaper has nothing to do with the Dems in Congress

Who do you think their "anonymous sources" are?
By Eboneezer 2019-10-28 15:25:35  
nevermind, i'm two pages too late.
By Nausi 2019-10-28 15:32:02  
Lol Pelosi introducing resolution affirming their INPEACH investigation this week.

Delicious word salad but another nothing burger, and bot a formal house vote to open impeachment hearings.

How can lefties be so dumb as to fall for how they are getting played?
By Viciouss 2019-10-28 15:35:03  
Eboneezer said: »
Viciouss said: »
Its a great thing that a newspaper has nothing to do with the Dems in Congress

Who do you think their "anonymous sources" are?

Don't care, it's been 2 pages and not a shred of evidence that Congressional Democrats are in charge of the WaPo, despite conspiracy theories that claim they are.
By Viciouss 2019-10-28 15:36:37  
Nausi said: »
Lol Pelosi introducing resolution affirming their impeach investigation this week.

Yep, there goes that debunked Republican talking point.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-28 15:44:10  
Yep that stuff I've been saying all along about how they need to do a formal vote to make everything public and official, well looks like their doing it.

Quote:
This resolution establishes the procedure for hearings that are open to the American people, authorizes the disclosure of deposition transcripts, outlines procedures to transfer evidence to the Judiciary Committee as it considers potential articles of impeachment, and sets forth due process rights for the president and his counsel,

From the ladies own mouth, exactly what I said and all the sheep here disagreed with. That makes things open, instead of Schiff and Nadler doing shady stuff by holding secret gestapo style meetings.

My thoughts is this latest fiasco where the President was able to get the top two heads of ISIS, then say he didn't tell congress because he didn't want to endanger American lives by Peloski or Schiff leaking the information, was too much for the Democrats to take. It's painted them in an incredibly bad light and in order to fight that she needs to legitimize what they are doing. He's stonewalled their opposition research attempts by making it policy that the US Government won't honor subpoenas that it considers illegitimate. As the head of the executive branch and empowered by the Constitution to run said branch, there's nothing Congress can do about it but send a mean letter to him, especially with the Senate supporting him. The Supreme Court is the only group that could over rule the President's Executive privilege and the Democrats arguments are quite weak if they refuse to hold at least hold a vote on the matter.

So yeah, the Democrats continue to win the 2020 Presidential election for Trump.
By Viciouss 2019-10-28 15:52:27  
Saevel with the hilarious fantasy that the ISIS raid has anything to do with the Pelosi's move, because there is no way she had this planned out to announce on Monday when they went back to work. Its just a kneejerk reaction based on what happened yesterday. That or Saevel is just wrong again.

Also, there are still going to be a lot of closed door testimonies this week and next, things will go public when the investigation has concluded. None of Saevel's conspiracies have been accurate.
By Viciouss 2019-10-28 15:59:47  
Asura.Saevel said: »
He's stonewalled their opposition research attempts by making it policy that the US Government won't honor subpoenas that it considers illegitimate. As the head of the executive branch and empowered by the Constitution to run said branch, there's nothing Congress can do about it but send a mean letter to him, especially with the Senate supporting him. The Supreme Court is the only group that could over rule the President's Executive privilege and the Democrats arguments are quite weak if they refuse to hold at least hold a vote on the matter.

Also, this has already been debunked by a simple judge's ruling that the House impeachment inquiry is completely legit and does not require any kind of a vote. The pathetic WH argument that the inquiry required a vote to be legit cannot be found anywhere in the Constitution, hence the loss in court. Saevel continues to just make ***up and hide from people that can easily debunk him. Such a fun day.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-10-28 16:52:34  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Whoosh.
it wasn't a woosh, the argument was just very weak.

me rambling for 1000 words and you taking out one sentence to focus on by quoting that exact sentence I wrote

is nothing like

you changing all the words in my post to create a personal attack.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 17:02:01  
The impeachment vote is on Halloween, can't wait to see all the Trumpkin memes. :D
By Josiahafk 2019-10-28 17:12:59  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
ORANGE MAN BAD!

That’s how.
it's too bad that the president of your country doesn't speak more often, so people can gauge how they feel about him based on his own words and actions.

instead of blindly saying, "orange man good" or "orange man bad" regardless of what he does.
This, is so telling. The guy talks every day. He sends out maybe a dozen or two tweets every Single day. they is no “i wish he would say more”, he constantly says things. They are coherent, measured, and outline any number of progress on the various issues he’s successfully addressing in his presidency.
the italicized font was supposed to be conveyed as sarcasm, since it's plainly clear that he gives the world enough dialogue to form their own opinions etc.

I bet none of the lefties here follow him and I doubt any of them would even be willing to follow him with the objective of rounding out their perspective on the guy.
I cant speak for any lefties or righties but I dont follow him on twitter no. But that's not his fault, I dont follow anyone on there; Tend to avoid most social media when I can.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-28 17:55:11  
Whoosh.

me rambling for 1000 words and you taking out one sentence to focus on by quoting that exact sentence I wrote

is nothing like

You haven't been paying attention to how he has been using his quote modifications. He's not always singling out sentences, he's purposefully removing words to make it look like someone said something they didn't. As long as he keeps it up, I will be amping up the retaliation. Knowing him, he'll just double down and do it more like a petulant child, but oh well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-10-28 18:03:23  
Whoosh.

is nothing like

You haven't been paying attention to how he has been using his quote modifications. He's not always singling out sentences, he's purposefully removing words to make it look like someone said something they didn't. As long as he keeps it up, I will be amping up the retaliation. Knowing him, he'll just double down and do it more like a petulant child, but oh well.
"he is doing something I don't like. so I am going to resort to escalation. and if he in turn resorts to escalation as well, he must be a petulant child."

how is this kind of reasoning even remotely logical?
Can't blame you for not liking the behavior for sure, it's a mocking pettiness. but has this kind of escalation ever worked out well for you before? you've seen this kind of mocking pettiness from nearly everyone here daily.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-28 18:05:33  
Whoosh.

is nothing like

"he is doing something I don't like. so I am going to resort to escalation. and if he in turn resorts to escalation as well, he must be a petulant child."

Can't blame you for not liking the behavior for sure, it's a mocking pettiness. but has this kind of escalation ever worked out well for you before? you've seen this kind of mocking pettiness from nearly everyone here daily.

I'm not here to change the world, I'm here because it's entertaining. So yes, it has worked well for me before.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 18:12:06  
Whoosh.

is nothing like

You haven't been paying attention to how he has been using his quote modifications. He's not always singling out sentences, he's purposefully removing words to make it look like someone said something they didn't.

Not the same thing...I removed the part of your quote that was basically name calling. Not the same as editing quotes to say something entirely different.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-10-28 18:19:10  
Whoosh.

is nothing like

I'm not here to change the world, I'm here because it's entertaining. So yes, it has worked well for me before.
I can't argue that point, fair enough and I'll leave you two to your exchange

If one poster uses mocking pettiness and the response is escalation repeatedly, I think most readers here will agree with you at the exchange being entertaining.

Hillary is a nasty feckless *** who yucked it up when she killed ghadafi.

WaPo reports his death in somber tone. How *** evil are these lefties?

Which is the outrage? the somberness or the laughing at death reporting
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 18:33:13  
Whoosh.

is nothing like

I am happy with that, glad I can be so entertaining. I will continue to entertain you throughout this thread. :D
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-28 18:35:57  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Whoosh.

is nothing like

You haven't been paying attention to how he has been using his quote modifications. He's not always singling out sentences, he's purposefully removing words to make it look like someone said something they didn't.

Not the same thing...I removed the part of your quote that was basically name calling. Not the same as editing quotes to say something entirely different.

Except that's not what you've been doing. You have been removing key portions that you're afraid to address because they make you look bad. Selectively removing portions of quote chains changes the meaning of the posts, because varies points build on each other to create a collective argument. If you're going to address something specific, you should break the chain by quoting only key portions.

On a side note, if you can't handle people mocking you, you probably shouldn't be mocking everyone else. It goes full circle in here.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 18:49:46  
Whoosh.

is nothing like

Except that's not what you've been doing. You have been removing key portions that you're afraid to address because they make you look bad. Selectively removing portions of quote chains changes the meaning of the posts, because varies points build on each other to create a collective argument. If you're going to address something specific, you should break the chain by quoting only key portions.

100% false. I edit out the extraneous junk, name-calling, conspiracy theories, and will continue to do so. :)

On a side note, if you can't handle people mocking you, you probably shouldn't be mocking everyone else. It goes full circle in here.

I wasn't complaining, just pointing out your false statements.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 19:05:21  

Are you perhaps referring to the quotes below?

Not nearly as disappointed as you guys were with Mueller, and not nearly as disappointed as you'll be when impeachment fails to remove Trump from office. We know to keep our expectations low. After all, Democrats get away with everything.

We know to keep our expectations low. After all, Democrats get away with everything.

You are correct, I removed the conspiracy theory portion of your comment. So tell me, how did that alter the meaning of the shortened version?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-28 19:10:01  

Not nearly as disappointed as you guys were with Mueller, and not nearly as disappointed as you'll be when impeachment fails to remove Trump from office. We know to keep our expectations low. After all, Democrats get away with everything.

We know to keep our expectations low. After all, Democrats get away with everything.

You are correct, I removed the conspiracy theory portion of your comment. So tell me, how did that alter the meaning of the shortened version?

Well, we'll get to that once you figure out what a conspiracy theory is. In the meantime, I'll add that to the list of phrases to disregard because you don't have a clue what they mean.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 19:12:43  

Well, we'll get to that once you figure out what a conspiracy theory is. In the meantime, I'll add that to the list of phrases to disregard because you don't have a clue what they mean.

How about you show an example of what you are referring to when you say I alter posts to change their meaning? I'll wait (as usual).
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-28 19:21:47  
Last page, Nausi's post that you shortened. That doesn't free you from the burden of figuring out what a conspiracy theory is because you weren't even close.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-28 19:27:50  
Rav, I edit out parts of quotes all the time. I do use ellipses though.

Oz, use ellipses and do try not to get sucked into pointless arguments.

Also, if you two were children you would both be in time out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-28 19:59:40  
Last page, Nausi's post that you shortened. That doesn't free you from the burden of figuring out what a conspiracy theory is because you weren't even close.

Like that? lol...

Rava, nothing on the last page. Stop digressing. Put up or shut up. :)
By Nausi 2019-10-28 20:11:34  
Jesus you guys are insufferable sometimes.

There is no problem with celebrating the demise of your enemy. The fake outrage of “Trump is too unpolished to be president” is ***, celebrating this stuff is done by everyone. If you don’t remember, then you’re a literal pawn of the liberal media.

The whole reason that meme was funny was because Hillary’s cackle is so maniacal that overdoes it as an answer to the question. (In case you meed me to explain that to you too)
By Nausi 2019-10-28 20:14:14  
Everything I dont like is a conspiracy theory.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-28 20:17:11  
lol, love nausi claiming other people as insufferable.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2019-10-28 21:24:35  
Jesus you guys are insufferable sometimes.

There is no problem with celebrating the demise of your enemy. The fake outrage of “Trump is too unpolished to be president” is ***, celebrating this stuff is done by everyone. If you don’t remember, then you’re a literal pawn of the liberal media.

The whole reason that meme was funny was because Hillary’s cackle is so maniacal that overdoes it as an answer to the question. (In case you meed me to explain that to you too)
trump is unrelated to my point of two instances which occured without him that I quoted you regarding.

And as for the bolded, that is a statement which has become widely known for a lot of reasons when it comes to his behavior, but I never claimed he was unfit purely for the example you stated here of "celebrating this stuff"

I think he is "too unpolished" to be president basely solely on his poor behavior in general. at this point you sound exactly like the same "orange man good" blind sentiment, where none of his behavior and dialogue seems to be able to change your opinion of him.

The fake outrage of “Trump is too unpolished to be president” is ***, celebrating this stuff is done by everyone.
if this point is referencing a source you saw recently that claimed only trump revels in victories that occur, and I had claimed that source didn't exist or something, you'd have a point sure and yeah that blind behavior would be insufferable as ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-28 22:25:25  
YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49