Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-24 12:16:32  
Crossbones said: »
I've never known WAR to be an acc starved job in TP set, each core piece has at least 40-50 acc so should be fine offhanding TP bonus. Not being able to oddhand the magian axe seems like it would be more rare than not (so like wave 3 dyna, maybe some ambu).

There are 2-3 different TP sets based on weapons / buffs used. What really hurts is the accuracy in WS sets. The first hit of all WS's gets +100 accuracy, which usually isn't enough to compensate for the amount of acc that gets dumped in favor of WSD, especially with Odyssean / Valorous augments.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-24 12:31:00  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Crossbones said: »
I've never known WAR to be an acc starved job in TP set, each core piece has at least 40-50 acc so should be fine offhanding TP bonus. Not being able to oddhand the magian axe seems like it would be more rare than not (so like wave 3 dyna, maybe some ambu).

There are 2-3 different TP sets based on weapons / buffs used. What really hurts is the accuracy in WS sets. The first hit of all WS's gets +100 accuracy, which usually isn't enough to compensate for the amount of acc that gets dumped in favor of WSD, especially with Odyssean / Valorous augments.

I find that really hard to believe. 2 WSD pieces are relic head and af body. Relic head has pretty good accuracy and AF body has very high accuracy. Valorous feet has base 12acc and Odyssean hands has base 10 accuracy, so even without accuracy in augments, you are getting something. +100 accuracy should easily balance out the accuracy on first hit.

Also you have like 200 accuracy more in ilvl119 club than TP bonus offhand. If you have capped accuracy in TP set on TP bonus axe, you would need to drop 300 accuracy from TP set to WS set to have lower accuracy on first hit WS with club, than accuracy on TP bonus axe during TP phase.
By Spaitin 2020-08-24 13:27:26  
Aricomfy said: »
What's the best offhand right now for Loxotic Mace +1?
The best offhands for single hit WS that scale with TP

1. Fernagu (when acc allows, which is most of the time tbh, war does pretty well with fernagu)
2. Ternion Dagger +1 with augments
3. Barbarity
4 Sangarius.

DW war is SUPER fun at the moment. Loxotic is a sleeper. Extremely strong. Really easy to switch DPS style as well. War has a solid blunt slashing and an okay piercing DW build atm.

If you are going fencer, then the obvious blurred shield +1 is the way to go.

Aricomfy said: »
Fencer build is what I'm using right now with Blurred Shield +1 but I feel like /nin and dual wielding has potential to outshine fencer.
Fencer actually has a much higher potential DPS than DW. Just a bit harder to do since you are handcuffed to a DNC.

Lili said: »
And at that point Savage Blade sucks and Decimation is tons better, was my point
This isnt the thread for optimal DPS. this is the oddball strong DPS build thread. THey were asking about best KC offhand gearset for naegling. They didnt ask about decimation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-31 16:40:56  
I only use Ridill on BST, WAR has a disgusting amount of double attack and offhand options. Don't think it would make that huge of an impact in today's buff/stat heavy meta. In a way, they made "blurred" to basically replace Ridill/mercurial kris styled weapons given the high oat value on the weapon.

If they were to bring it back to something Ilvl, it would most likely get the soboro/norifusa treatment. Handful of base damage, high addition to accuracy/magic accuracy, random stat (stp or DW would be pretty unique)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-31 17:47:37  
Spaitin said: »
THey were asking about best KC offhand gearset for naegling.

There isn't one. It's the worst possible combination.

(okay, maybe not the worst.)

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-01 01:47:56  
Asura.Ajamu said: »
On the other hand you mentioned that you use ridill on bst and I didn't realize it still has uses today for bst (I don't even play bst so). That is interesting. So a potential ridill upgrade wouldn't be a bad thing then at least for bst.

It's basically my poor man's Kraken club, I wasn't promoting it besides to state that BST is probably the job that gets the most use out of an OAT offhand like that. If it came to ilvl, it would be another Blurred option with better ratio. It's probably not even much better than one of those and I'm just doing myself a disservice. A toy at best, nothing serious.
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-09-01 22:43:03  
Those decimation sets on front page up to date? Mainly curious about earring choice.
By Spaitin 2020-09-03 16:58:25  
Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
Those decimation sets on front page up to date? Mainly curious about earring choice.
THey seem to be. Here are my sets

Shadows up Decimation
ItemSet 367313

Shadows Down Decimation

ItemSet 367314

Mighty Strikes Decimation
ItemSet 375198

Shadows up set is really nice because a dead DPS is a bad DPS.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-03 17:30:50  
Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
THey seem to be. Here are my sets

Shadows up Decimation
ItemSet 367313

Shadows Down Decimation

ItemSet 367314

Mighty Strikes Decimation
ItemSet 375198

Shadows up set is really nice because a dead DPS is a bad DPS.

Is Brutal really more valuable over Lugra+1 R15 (night)?
By Spaitin 2020-09-03 17:44:06  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is Brutal really more valuable over Lugra+1 R15 (night)?
I made a mistake. It is lugra earring instead of cessance earring. Lugra earring beats cessance at all times.

Side note, brutal is about the same as lugra without bonus. behind with. Either way, none are a big change in DPS. This is assuming max unity buffs

** Edit *** i fixed it.
By Spaitin 2020-09-03 23:39:16  
The best offhands for single hit WS that scale with TP

1. Fernagu (when acc allows, which is most of the time tbh, war does pretty well with fernagu)
2. Ternion Dagger +1 with augments
3. Barbarity
4 Sangarius.
I forgot about loxotic in this post. Probably fits in there somewhere.
 Cerberus.Caius
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-09-04 18:38:26  
i see the +2 neck in most of the WS builds. Is theres a thresholds where the +2 becomes better than fotia? +2 is a bit out of reach atm for myself...

is it like +2 > +1 > Fotia > NQ? etc. or something of the like?
By Spaitin 2020-09-04 18:48:35  
Cerberus.Caius said: »
is it like +2 > +1 > Fotia > NQ? etc. or something of the like?
It is simpler and more complicated. Lets assume you have war beads +1. THen all WS that dont transfer FTP should use the war beads. If they do transfer FTP, then use the fotia.

Really just depends on the WS. reso decimation stardiver will awlays want fotia. Most the others will want war beads.

Probably some I am forgetting, war has a lot of WS.
[+]
 Asura.Mysticzero
user: Mysticboi
By Asura.Mysticzero 2020-09-14 13:59:00  
I know the game has a system of checks for Multi-hit/OA and I understand that if you have 100% DA the other checks get over written but something I am struggling to figure out is the system setup like this
-----Pictures are not to scale------ Just an Example--------
QA Check Gauge Chance No Proc/ Proc
<//// [4%] />
TA Check Gauge Chance No Proc/ Proc
<///////// [25%] />
DA Check Gauge Chance No Proc/ Proc
</////////////[70%] />
1Hit Check Gauge Chance No Proc/ Proc
<////////////////////>
O/A No Proc/ Proc
< >
------------------------------------------------------------
Or do you think the system is all check from 0%-100% on a shared check gauge where if it all shared then having to much DA or TA will makes certain pieces actually useless like a brutal earring would be better replaced with dedition earring as an example.

QA TA DA 1Hit OA (An w/e OA order is 1-3hits
</ 3% 10% 45% w/e% such and such% />

What are your thoughts on how this system works?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-14 14:01:53  
its separate checks, will look like this
Code
        if random() < self.qa_rate / 100:
            hit += 3
        elif random() < self.ta_rate / 100:
            hit += 2
        elif random() < self.da_rate / 100:
            hit += 1

if it weren't separate checks, you'd never see a DA if you have higher TA rate than DA rate and that obviously doesn't happen.
 Asura.Mysticzero
user: Mysticboi
By Asura.Mysticzero 2020-09-14 14:35:29  
ItemSet 375298
This set has 25% TA and 72%ish DA and 6% QA. i just wanted to make sure if this set was buffed with fighters then TA would still go through and not be over written by DA if left just below 100%. Idk first time running into a problem with DA being capped while having a nice amount of TA i guess. Thoughts, Suggestions?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-14 14:36:33  
priority check is qa > ta > da > oax/am3 + fua, having 100% DA will not prevent TA from proccing
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2020-10-18 19:12:12  
I broke out the Cataclysm War for ambu today for shits and giggs. I kinda wish I had the Ambu staff could try using it to cleave Wave 1 fodder in Dyna since I think that's the only scenario where it might come close to FC. Noone ever rocks a cloudsplitter set up but I'm here to stir the pot. Any other reason to pursue magical WS builds?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-12 07:27:15  
Asura.Bladework said: »
I broke out the Cataclysm War for ambu today for shits and giggs. I kinda wish I had the Ambu staff could try using it to cleave Wave 1 fodder in Dyna since I think that's the only scenario where it might come close to FC. Noone ever rocks a cloudsplitter set up but I'm here to stir the pot. Any other reason to pursue magical WS builds?

Hello! I built a rank15 farsha and cloudsplitter setup.

ItemSet 372902

Full magic buffs on wave1 boss and it was ony doing 20-30k per WS.
[+]
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-11-12 07:33:35  
Where are our Tatenashi gearsets?! :P

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-11-14 18:42:19  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Asura.Datsik said: »
Where are our Tatenashi gearsets?! :P
There is a set 6 posts back.
Yeah, but is it worth using tatenashi legs/feet over pumm +3 or relic +3 legs?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-11-14 21:48:38  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Asura.Bladework said: »

Hello! I built a rank15 farsha and cloudsplitter setup.

ItemSet 372902

Full magic buffs on wave1 boss and it was ony doing 20-30k per WS.

I finished my Farsha and R15'ed it this week. The magical build is not great even when buffed but the white damage build is really fun with Farsha. You are kinda reliant on getting punched in the face to proc Retaliation to make the build shine but I'm enjoying it so far. +50 STR is nice for Mistral Axe, although I'm not sure what the ideal TP to hold to is, since the WS doesn't scale much after 2K TP.

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-11-20 17:10:11  
War TP sets. Work for Fencer, h2h and 2hand builds. THe NQ sets are pretty close to the HQ sets and fairly easy to make. There are some substitutions you can make.

ItemSet 375440
ItemSet 375415
ItemSet 367125
ItemSet 375308

if no buffs

ItemSet 375439
for DT
ItemSet 367123
ItemSet 375441

Fighters hybrid has a lot of wiggle room.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17