Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-11 20:19:44  
The Run Away method still works, even in a PUG, but good luck orchestrating that. The line right now is too long for me to spam it, but I just went 1/1 trying it. 10 min fight if no deaths, but expect at least your DD to die once so probably closer to 15 if you're not good at running away. I assume people will skip this month if they can't get a SMN burn, but will list out the deets anyways.

DD - MNK is what I prefer for this (explained below), but any works. DRK with Apoc prob works just fine, SAM is good.
RDM - Enfeebles and Heals, Bind is the key
BRD
(Rest dont matter, we used 2 COR and GEO)

MNK pulls to starting corner, Penance helps reduce TP moves. RDM enfeebles. MNK swings around facing wall corner, moogle in between and fights it. Use Mantra, as it helps a little. GEO throws out a Frailty or Fury bubble on the Mob/Monk and runs to other corner, only returning to recall a luopan. Sidestep the Steward if it pops. RDM stands closer to center of battlefield. Sabo debuffs/dispels etc, heal MNK, and wait for SPs. MNK disengages at 85%, RDM Binds. Both run to the OPPOSITE diagonal corner of the battlefield to avoid the aura and stay there for about a minute. MNK has the longer distance to run, so save Chakra for the trek back. Monk has about a good 10 seconds from full health before he dies, which is doable without Chakra, which is why MNK is what I prefer for the high HP bonus. But any DD works. RDM can wait for him and throw him a heal halfway through if it gets rough. Run back in and repeat process for 65%, 45%, 25%, 10%. Benediction allows the full party to run in and fight until the next HP% threshold. Only real danger is getting hit with Terror move, which the RDM can stand facing away from the Moogle to avoid it.

It's such a dps light fight, the only block is the aura, so there's no need to have 6 people in range eating aura dmg. One is more than enough, is safer, but takes a bit longer. Moogle will resist Silence after a few casts, but Bind was never resisted so it seems like a fairly straightforward method. A broken bind is basically a wipe unless you run to the Moogles for regen.
[+]
By Lordtrey 2021-12-11 20:20:56  
Quote:
Shameless plug of the SMN burn method.

Grats on the easy win, but it makes me cringe when I see a dia2 on a mob and a cor not make it dia3 or 4.
By macsdf1 2021-12-11 21:28:19  
We just beat it up to before threshholds, waited for a moogle to move and followed it. then once it stops we beat up the big moogle till next threshold and stop, till moogle moves again and repeat till dead.

rdm no problems debuffing it, makes it very tame. just don't gravity 2 it haha

maybe if dps good enough can push it past 2 thresholds tho
anyway to block the amensia aura? would be trivial if possible
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-11 21:51:06  
macsdf1 said: »
anyway to block the amensia aura

I only saw an amnesia aura once, and I don't recall which SP it was during. Maybe Chainspell at the 65% mark? When I attempted last night doing melee burn strat, I did not get hit with Amnesia aura at 85% during Hundred Fists.

Going-to-the-Regen-Moogle-Method is definitely a lot faster if everyone is coordinated and knows what to do. But since this isn't a tank and spank ambu, it's a mess doing as a PUG.
 Asura.Cambion
サーバ: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-12-11 22:27:43  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I only saw an amnesia aura once

Weird, as a Dancer, I feel very confident in saying, it happens every SP.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-11 22:28:34  
It does happen every SP. But it is caused by the little moogles so if you're never by them, you never see it.
By Seun 2021-12-11 23:47:42  
Asura.Cambion said: »
Weird, as a Dancer, I feel very confident in saying, it happens every SP.

This is correct. The little moogles are there to protect you from the aura the boss gains during SP, but it comes at the cost of using your abilities.

86% and halt damage >
Let moogles move and come to a stop before you pop the SP >
push the boss to SP / quickly use abilities accordingly >
move to stack on the moogle and push toward 66%>
repeat @ step 2
By Veydal1 2021-12-12 01:05:56  
The Run Away method still works, even in a PUG, but good luck orchestrating that. The line right now is too long for me to spam it, but I just went 1/1 trying it. 10 min fight if no deaths, but expect at least your DD to die once so probably closer to 15 if you're not good at running away. I assume people will skip this month if they can't get a SMN burn, but will list out the deets anyways.

DD - MNK is what I prefer for this (explained below), but any works. DRK with Apoc prob works just fine, SAM is good.
RDM - Enfeebles and Heals, Bind is the key
BRD
(Rest dont matter, we used 2 COR and GEO)

MNK pulls to starting corner, Penance helps reduce TP moves. RDM enfeebles. MNK swings around facing wall corner, moogle in between and fights it. Use Mantra, as it helps a little. GEO throws out a Frailty or Fury bubble on the Mob/Monk and runs to other corner, only returning to recall a luopan. Sidestep the Steward if it pops. RDM stands closer to center of battlefield. Sabo debuffs/dispels etc, heal MNK, and wait for SPs. MNK disengages at 85%, RDM Binds. Both run to the OPPOSITE diagonal corner of the battlefield to avoid the aura and stay there for about a minute. MNK has the longer distance to run, so save Chakra for the trek back. Monk has about a good 10 seconds from full health before he dies, which is doable without Chakra, which is why MNK is what I prefer for the high HP bonus. But any DD works. RDM can wait for him and throw him a heal halfway through if it gets rough. Run back in and repeat process for 65%, 45%, 25%, 10%. Benediction allows the full party to run in and fight until the next HP% threshold. Only real danger is getting hit with Terror move, which the RDM can stand facing away from the Moogle to avoid it.

It's such a dps light fight, the only block is the aura, so there's no need to have 6 people in range eating aura dmg. One is more than enough, is safer, but takes a bit longer. Moogle will resist Silence after a few casts, but Bind was never resisted so it seems like a fairly straightforward method. A broken bind is basically a wipe unless you run to the Moogles for regen.

Great points all around. Finding Apoc DRK really useful with the ability to get anywhere from 5-8k HP from bursted Drain III. Can just keep going through the SP aura by staying AWAY from the Moogle adds that would otherwise give you amnesia. As long as you keep your HP bonus up from Drain III & don't get unlucky with a poorly timed terror, you should be safe.

I was able to dbox DRK + BRD on VD to 50% > Benediction > 25% and then got taken out by an unlucky terror right before SP around the 14 minute remaining mark. SP aura seems to do 1k HP per tick. I also want to stress how light the DD requirement is on this. I was multi-stepping Cata > Cross Reaper > Cata over and over, re-applying Armor Break as needed, using Wind Threnody II to help reduce resists. The only danger in this fight is the SP aura being handled properly.

Edit: I should mention Perfect Dodge, Invincible obviously hurt this approach. If you're really coordinated enough, you could position yourself between the Boss and your support, who are on one of the roaming moogles. That way if you do get unlucky with terror or Invincible / Perfect Dodge, your support can keep you alive. Not easy to pull off though unless everyone has a good understanding of the mechanics.

Definitely think the reliable non-burn (melee or SMN) method, is what some other have mentioned, take it down to each SP threshold and bind it and wait it out. Whether by stacking on a Moogle, or fighting at the entrance and then running to the opposite corner while it's bound during SP. Important to reiterate that you can't just /follow a Moogle or lock onto it with autorun, because ping / latency won't register you as being in range and you will die. You need to run ahead of it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-12 08:32:46  
i noticed it does take about 50-60% reduction from Light SC. Didn't check darkness, but something to keep in mind

I haven't seen the Moogle use invincible either. Perfect Dodge, Mighty Strikes, Manafont, Chainspell, and Benediction are the five SPs I've encountered.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-12 09:12:13  
Just the original 6 jobs sps it's in the op

Bene specifically isn't used on VE/E not sure about N
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-12 09:18:04  
Oh, And Hundred fists, which I mentioned in an earlier post.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-12-12 10:28:51  
Another quick melee clear vid with some different jobs.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Tathamet 2021-12-12 16:20:03  
Does Volt Strike's stun effect land vs the moogle? I don't think I've seen a spell interruption yet during all these AFAC barrages.

If stun doesn't work, why does Ramuh tend to be preferred over Siren and her similar damage with added drain effects (edit: and the option to Lunatic Voice for silence)?
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-12-12 18:06:48  
Tathamet said: »
Does Volt Strike's stun effect land vs the moogle? I don't think I've seen a spell interruption yet during all these AFAC barrages.

If stun doesn't work, why does Ramuh tend to be preferred over Siren and her similar damage with added drain effects?

Immune to stun.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-12 19:42:46  
Red Mage can solo on VD using bind strats during SP, but damage output is low, and if it benedictions at lower than 85% you're going to time out.
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2021-12-13 10:07:11  
Tried out something similar to the video above.

I’m not considering this a viable strategy but our LS pulled a win last night by just zerging with SP’s. Everyone died pretty much the same time as the boss. It was extremely close even with everyone having almost absolute BiS gear.

WAR WAR WAR RDM COR GEO

RDM can open with Dia, Silence, etc. but needs to get some WS’s off as well. COR does usual Crooked Chaos and Sam rolls and upgrades Dia after pull. GEO does indi-haste which caps everyone easily with Haste2 from RDM and geo-frailty on boss. Entrust Fury.

Things I’m conflicted about to make this smoother:

Can’t decide if we should have done Armor Break or not. WAR’s all did Savage Blade spam. You might could also dust off your Ragnarok’s and do resolution. Since time is so critical one person could sub DNC for haste samba. Probably something else I’m not thinking of here but open to suggestions. I’m not positive we were attack capped either with all the nerfs to geo lately.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-13 11:01:12  
Asura.Bladework said: »
RDM can open with Dia, Silence, etc. but needs to get some WS’s off as well. COR does usual Crooked Chaos and Sam rolls and upgrades Dia after pull. GEO does indi-haste which caps everyone easily with Haste2 from RDM and geo-frailty on boss. Entrust Fury.

if RDM is Haste IIing everyone, you should only need an entrust Haste to cap. So you can use Fury/Frailty. If the first SP is Perfect Dodge, the fight is over btw, which is why bringing a THF to Larceny is ideal. You can swap a warrior out for a monk to use Mantra (and has a last-minute save in Inner Strength), and he can open with Shell Crusher if you really want the defense down. One person subbing dnc, the THF if you choose.

As a piggy-back off Geriond's comment about RDM soloing, a duo is much more manageable on VD. BRD+RDM can effectively handle this fight with relative ease, so long as nobody gets slept or terrored at the wrong time and can't make it to a moogle. With a late Benediction, fight can take close to 20min with no deaths, and as quickly as 8-9 minutes with no deaths and no Benediction. It's actually a fun Ambu to lowman, as it is both gimmicky and extremely predictable. Reminds me of the Mamool Ja Mage one we got recently.
By SimonSes 2021-12-13 19:42:28  
Asura.Bladework said: »
Tried out something similar to the video above.

I’m not considering this a viable strategy but our LS pulled a win last night by just zerging with SP’s. Everyone died pretty much the same time as the boss. It was extremely close even with everyone having almost absolute BiS gear.

WAR WAR WAR RDM COR GEO

Things I’m conflicted about to make this smoother:

Can’t decide if we should have done Armor Break or not. WAR’s all did Savage Blade spam. You might could also dust off your Ragnarok’s and do resolution. Since time is so critical one person could sub DNC for haste samba. Probably something else I’m not thinking of here but open to suggestions. I’m not positive we were attack capped either with all the nerfs to geo lately.

I dont think Kaggra's group even used SPs, but in their group they have everyone (beside geo) do some damage. Also MNK is doing the most damage in that group by far, but you need at least one WAR for Warcry. Also their run is without even buffing before fight. They start the fight asap and buff during fight. It's a show of. If you buff before, it should be much easier.
By Harribelle 2021-12-14 02:51:25  
I think kaggra is addleing the moogle to make the kaustra cast go slower, if people weren't trying that as a component of copying the strat maybe it makes a difference.

At least that's my interpretation of events and the description. They talk about trying to match the timings of the moogles moves to gain time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-14 03:14:35  
Kaustra is an aura. Addle has no effect on it, just makes the moogle take longer to get his spells off, which is a quite lengthy if you stack it with Nocturne.
By SimonSes 2021-12-14 03:39:57  
Nocturne.

AFAIK you cant stack addle and nocturne.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-14 11:04:18  
Which one overwrites the other? I was in a group with a RDM who opened with Addle2 and I was using Nocturne right afterwards. Didn't see it day no effect, but it's possible I missed it.
By SimonSes 2021-12-14 11:49:33  
Which one overwrites the other? I was in a group with a RDM who opened with Addle2 and I was using Nocturne right afterwards. Didn't see it day no effect, but it's possible I missed it.

Addle overwrites Nocturne I think.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 15:57:09  
It's kind of inaccurate, it's about 30 seconds after the first one. not duration. Obviously larceny jp would break it.

Not sure of the exact details but using that seems accurate. Look at your time stamps, it should be more or less 30 seconds.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 16:10:55  
Bene might be able to be used a little faster, luck based

Got the time stamps from the wins? Assume you don't kill it in 17 seconds normally.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 16:20:19  
They could have hard coded it to bene second if larceny in an attempt to stop zergs but it should just be random

Post deleted by User.