Boshi said: »
‘Solo-multibox’
one human - solo
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-08 23:35:28  
If 6-boxing is now called soloing, then I don't know what to think anything anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-08 23:44:09  
Is FF12 multiplayer? If you jerk off with both hands is it a threesome?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/solo
a performance in which the performer has no partner or associate
without a companion
accommodating one person
to perform by oneself

one player with 6 "props". Jeff Dunham isn't a comedic group, solo comedian with multiple props.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-09 00:00:51  
Bit of a grey area there Eiryl when he's using 5 other characters that are typically player controlled. That 'solo' is done by 6 paid accounts.

If you use 2 other people's hands to jack yourself off, would that not be considered a threesome? By your definition, that would not be because he's controlling the hands of the other 2 involved.

edit: Those Dunham props would be trusts in this scenario.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-09 00:03:21  
No grey area. Other people are other people. Other things you control are not people.

One person. Singular.

Trusts are the same thing as multibox, they're just "free"
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-09 00:10:48  
That's fine that you consider 6-boxing soloing. When my trusts can place proper buffs with their Idris, give me Honor March, roll appropriately for the current battle, and not have the WHM run into an AoE fight because their AI decides it wants to, then we can talk about trusts being the same thing as multiboxing.
[+]
By soralin 2020-09-09 01:31:42  
Multibox-solo seems pretty easy to understand as far as I see.

Its important to note "These 6 people are all me", as opposed to just a video of lillith dying to 6 PCs without indication of who was piloting what.

Multibox still is solo, and you can have multibox non solo (I sometimes have my partner pilot 1 or 2 of my characters for example while I take the rest in more choreographed fights)

Major props to choreographing that fight, there's a lot of positionals you have to keep in mind at once and keeping that entire dance of positionals on point for the whole fight, is exceptionally impressive.

Lots of interesting approaches I hadn't considered, I liked how you thought out of the box.
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-09 01:52:48  
I also solo (multiboxing) even tho technically is not, using trusts is not solo either.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-09 01:57:24  
Its redundant saying multiboxing then solo tbf. Just misleading as ***, because solo is solely used for a very handicapped fight, while the multiboxer rarely is handcapped (though the playing itself is handicapped).

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Is FF12 multiplayer? If you jerk off with both hands is it a threesome?

This was the greatest comment i ever see from you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-09 02:00:44  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
That's fine that you consider 6-boxing soloing. When my trusts can place proper buffs with their Idris, give me Honor March, roll appropriately for the current battle, and not have the WHM run into an AoE fight because their AI decides it wants to, then we can talk about trusts being the same thing as multiboxing.

There is big difference in Solo-multibox, solo or solo with trusts.

That big difference is that you have words added to explain what you are doing solo. None said he was soloing Lilith. It was said he is solo multiboxing Lilith.

If he would be doing something with other player, both of them using one char, it would be duo. If both of them would use more than one char it would be duo-multiboxing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-09 02:15:11  
Just as everything is "situational". Everything you say requires a qualifier.

1 minute fight (after buffs)
"no tools" (except windower and gearswap and tako and ja0)
easy to do (for me)
solo (with trust)
truesolo (with outside buffs)
"worth it" (objectively)
_______ is better (because my friend outparsed everyone on/with it)
[+]
By soralin 2020-09-09 02:19:42  
Crazy as it sounds, you are allowed to apply more than one adjective to a noun to further refine its description. Its a common grammatical mistake that many people seem to believe, that nouns are only allowed one adjective each and applying more than one is a heinous crime, because to these individuals, it gets really confusing, trying to track more than one word at once.

What, are you telling me this table is both oak AND handmade? At the same time? How can it be both?

Look I get its a lot to keep track of folks, and we are living the day and age where content creators have to big big giant red arrows and big red circles on anything of interest in their videos for the consumers to grasp what they need to be looking at.

So I can get when a content creator who put a ***tonne of work into putting up a high definition, pretty decent quality piece of footage that details step by step how they downed a very difficult fight, that the fact they deigned to use not just one, but two adjectives to describe their process, its enough to call out and ***on.

But you know.

You could also just not say anything.
[+]
By Ashleyz 2020-09-09 04:55:57  
Seriously, people are going to discount what ONE person did with solo-multiple accounts. Trust me, solo-multiple accounts is not as easy as it sound when you factor in the difficulty of the content. Grow a pair, quit being a jealous baby, and do the content yourself in the same manor.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-09 09:10:02  
Just clarifying what some people think constitutes a solo.

Making sure that if 1 person automates 17 characters, that some people will call that a solo.

SimonSes said: »
It was said he is solo multiboxing Lilith.

This is an oxymoron.

soralin said: »
What, are you telling me this table is both oak AND handmade? At the same time? How can it be both?

If it wasn't handmade or machined, it would be still be a tree. This is a silly statement.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-09-09 09:13:34  
finally got all my gear off this stingy ***.

all VE with either thf or mnk with a friend on thief...
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-09 09:38:01  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
If 6-boxing is now called soloing, then I don't know what to think anything anymore.

and here silly me thought Solo meant 1 character, no trusts.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-09 09:44:00  
As long as people mention the details what does it matter what they call it. They aren't trying to fool anyone.
By ryukin182 2020-09-09 09:49:40  
If you use trusts thats 100% not solo. End of story. There is no real solo this stage of ffxi life, it doesnt matter how much you kick and scream flailing your arms. You play war/sam, and you get cured by a trust, you just had an action cast on you that you couldnt ever possibly do by yourself. Which brings to the point of srguing of multiboxing being solo to a pointless argument.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-09 09:55:23  
There are plenty of solos in FFXI still, the heck are you talking about?
 Fairy.Trig
サーバ: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-09-09 09:57:53  
Don't ruin it for him, he needs this.
By Mrxi 2020-09-09 10:15:51  
solo-multibox + multiple addons to automate. React Ja0wait Autotank. But not clipper or anchor, Hmm.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-09 10:23:13  
Mrxi said: »
Autotank

Is this a lua? haven't heard of it before.
By Prong 2020-09-09 10:45:11  
Historically on FFXI, when people claimed they "soloed" something, it was understood that meant one character, one player...going back to when the game didn't have trusts and basically nobody was doing multi-box. When everyone was flipping out over Avesta RDM videos "soloing" sky gods, it was because they were sincerely soloing.

Now, people have just lazy-morphed the intent of the word "soloing" into, "Well...it's still soloing if I'm the only person in the room....running 6 accounts with 5 different add-ons to automate 5 of them." That's a disingenuous description of "soloing" at best, flat out BS at worst. Not really important either way, but you can't just adjust words to fit your "new meaning" when it suits.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-09 10:52:54  
Would've been objectively more "impressive" if he was able to do it with 2 rdms at the same time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-09 11:11:19  
Prong said: »
Historically on FFXI, when people claimed they "soloed" something, it was understood that meant one character, one player...going back to when the game didn't have trusts and basically nobody was doing multi-box. When everyone was flipping out over Avesta RDM videos "soloing" sky gods, it was because they were sincerely soloing.

Now, people have just lazy-morphed the intent of the word "soloing" into, "Well...it's still soloing if I'm the only person in the room....running 6 accounts with 5 different add-ons to automate 5 of them." That's a disingenuous description of "soloing" at best, flat out BS at worst. Not really important either way, but you can't just adjust words to fit your "new meaning" when it suits.

All of this is correct, but let's be honest here: a "solo" is just another player constructed term we use to boast about being able to do something. The idea that "I didn't need any other humans" seems to add legitimacy to the challenge, even though there's about a dozen other qualifiers that we ignore. The only purpose behind saying you "solo" something vs any other method is just for small amounts of ego, myself included.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-09 11:16:59  
It's also been used as a way to portray how difficult a monster is to kill, especially back when there was much less online documentation and rigid ilvls. For example, if you were looking up a CoP mission back in 2005 and wanted to know if you needed to put a group together, someone saying they solo'd the mission NM as a level 60 WAR with difficulty gives you an idea on what you need.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-09 12:07:25  
'Solo-multibox' might be a very slightly arrogant way to phrase it, but it's not anywhere near the people who say 'solo' with no qualifiers and leave it up for debate. You're nitpicking someone's word choice at this point.

It's not the first, or even close to the first. You can debate until the end of time about whether it's meaningful when it's propped up by so many scripts. Regardless, they were very clear about what they were talking about and I don't see why we need a whole page arguing about it because they used the term 'solo' in a manner that completely illustrated what they meant anyway.
[+]
By Izanami 2020-09-09 13:02:19  
soralin said: »
Also to note Im only interested in defeating her in under 6 minutes, ideally.

How long does the magic burst helix strat take to down her on E?

Here is what I did for Lilith E SCH/RDM solo.
110 seconds to summon 5 trusts and apply buffs, 120-150 seconds to get the win after buffing. In and out in about 4 minutes.

Trusts:
Amchuchu, Brygid, Iroha, Yoran-Oran (UC), Moogle in that order.

Engage just beyond the center of the arena so trusts don't settle on the Gyves and die. Run to the side after Amchuchu gets hate and cast each of these debuffs once: Dia2, Frazzle, Slow, and Blind. When Iroha has 450-550 TP (this may happen before you cast Blind), create a Fusion skillchain with Fire+Ionohelix. Ebullience a PyrohelixII off that Fusion and immediately start casting Fire5 and Fire4 as Iroha will have closed Light by the time Fire5 goes off if you timed your Fusion correctly.

After this first skillchain, wait until Iroha has about 750 TP or more, then cast an Immanence Fire. She'll close Fusion. Burst off of these until Lilith dies. Between each Fusion you'll need to wait for Iroha to get TP. Use this time to make sure Lilith has Dia, Frazzle, Slow, and Blind up. These debuffs help keep Amchuchu alive as well as reduce the chance she erases Pyrohelix and they usually land in one or two casts with a decent magic accuracy set.

If Iroha doesn't get her TP capped at 1000 from one of Lilith's TP moves, then she'll start her own 4-step Light (Liquifaction -> Fusion -> Light -> Light) at 1750 TP immediately after she uses Meditate. Make sure not to waste a strategem if she already has 1500+ TP or she will use all of her TP to simply close Fusion.

Amchuchu can ruin skillchains, but if you remember which weapon skill she uses, you can simply burst off of those as well.

It took me 309 Lilith E to get 5/5 Malignance doing this. I had TH4 for all of them except about 30, which I had a THF bring TH10+ and get me my Malignance Boots. Here is a recording I made in case I took a break before getting 5/5 Malignance and forgot how to do the fight. I didn't properly time the first Fusion, but it was still a 4 minute kill due to some quick magic procs.
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-09 13:16:35  
^
A proper answer on this forum? someone pinch me.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 47 48 49