フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Aquatiq
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-09-21 10:13:58  
SE dips their toes back into creating a game mechanic you don't get an insta-answer for when you search online, and people freak the *** out. They really don't know their audience.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-21 12:30:41  
We really need an ilevel Bahamut fight. But that would most likely end up being the next master trial rather than an HTBF.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-21 18:26:10  
Lilith's first form has an Ahriman-style Magic Barrier for dark element enfeebles and Drains.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-21 18:58:16  
Maybe for Lilith's case in phase 1 she absorbs times X a lot to dark damage but low resistance to dark element but heavily resists Light element. /drk sub absorbs spells worked on her. Blank gaze resisted alot. Flash gets resisted. Geist Wall works well. But for phase two, just flip it the other way

Anyways, I've never thought Reaving Wind actually worked well to keep her from using tp moves for VE/E mode after you get a tp sponge fetter
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-21 19:07:07  
I don't know; On he first form, Absorbs failed even with Dark Seal despite her low Dark Resistance, and Drains got a "Resists the Effects" message, not even a normal resist.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2019-09-21 22:34:13  
Asura.Dexterm said: »
I’m just curious and thought it was odd. That her first form seems dark based but dispel and dark shot both work, but finale does not.
My alt was only able to finale dread spikes after he elemental sealed. I believe I was on Normal too.
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-21 23:28:19  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
SE dips their toes back into creating a game mechanic you don't get an insta-answer for when you search online, and people freak the *** out. They really don't know their audience.
Pretty much this.

I tried to get a video done of a method which could give people an idea of what to do to get this done in groups, alleviating the waiting time issues... only to be met with a 30-40 page wait because people are spamming VE-E solo/lowman rather than engage with and defeat mechanics.

It's also down to SE's bad foresight. They release a great armor set which has a very bad drop rate outside a gimmick but allow it to drop regardless of the difficulty setting, which disincentivises people to forego forming groups; which in turn makes everyone suffer when they have to wait 30-45 minutes for x1 run of the content.

Anything that disincentivises people to form groups in an MMO is fundamentally bad design.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-21 23:35:39  
The weekends are typically the absolute worst time for the waits, predictably enough. Either do chores in between your waits or find something else to do in the weekend because the wait time just transferred from ambuscade to HTBF.

The sad thing is, I've gotten more drops (3) solo on VE than I've seen in groups of diff/vd (2), though I've done considerably more solo than group. Add the competition aspect to lot each piece of gear and you can see why it was not implemented properly. Doing dozens of VEs solo just trades higher drop rate on difficult settings with the advantage of zero competition. The added drop gimmick just made it even less enticing to try in groups; I've talked to plenty of people by now who are 4/5 on the set and are just about done, and got all of it soloing.

I think they could have split up the HTBF somewhere else
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-21 23:55:43  
Can confirm, been soloing VE.

About 30 runs total, got body + club + earring so far.

Did 4 E runs as a duo, and got another earring and staff.

No reason at all to do D/VD and split drops 6 ways.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-21 23:59:29  
Just kinda repeating the same old things you should have already had beaten into your head by now.

Square *** up, like always. Bad design, flaw, stupid, lack of foresight - pick your poison.
Better to solo than group up (IN AN MMO!) No rewards for group play only punishments.
The gimmick is pointless.
Queue too long. Never do on the weekend. Never try to do the first week etc.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-22 00:37:49  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just kinda repeating the same old things you should have already had beaten into your head by now.

Square *** up, like always. Bad design, flaw, stupid, lack of foresight - pick your poison.
Better to solo than group up (IN AN MMO!) No rewards for group play only punishments.
The gimmick is pointless.
Queue too long. Never do on the weekend. Never try to do the first week etc.

Ironically, the first week was actually less congested than now because people hadn't figured out the mechanics yet and weren't solo spamming VE/E.
By Kwech 2019-09-22 20:07:47  
Couple of observations doing this battle over the weekend.

While doing VD with some ls members, we had her spawn her 5th gyve on her second form and as usual she wasn’t taking damage from us. However some kind of DoT was working because every few mins her hp ticked down 1%. As THF I thought to try to kill a gyve since I was pretty useless otherwise (we were doing SAM solo dd strat) and this was a light gyve because she did not get a chance to spawn a dark one this run.

So we stacked regens on me to counteract the dia and I went to one spawned gyve farm from her. Here’s the interesting part, I tried to hit it from max melee distance and was unaffected by the aura. I was exactly at 3.5, was doing normal melee and ws damage. Another party member joined me to do the same but after a minute or so standing still eventually started to be hit by the aura.

A third pt member could not melee without being effected by the aura. As for myself, when it hit roughly 10%health remaining, I started to be effected. Again, this is without moving at all.

My theory is that there is a directional element to fighting them, possibly something that moves but have not had a chance to test further.

The other thing I noticed soloing VE today was that she was spamming me with TP moves at one point while I was turned, and that I had pulled her in such a way that she was standing directly on top of a spawned gyve. I’m wondering if they offer her some kind of Buff?
By Artsncrafts 2019-09-22 20:15:50  
Kwech said: »
Couple of observations doing this battle over the weekend.

While doing VD with some ls members, we had her spawn her 5th gyve on her second form and as usual she wasn’t taking damage from us. However some kind of DoT was working because every few mins her hp ticked down 1%. As THF I thought to try to kill a gyve since I was pretty useless otherwise (we were doing SAM solo dd strat) and this was a light gyve because she did not get a chance to spawn a dark one this run.

So we stacked regens on me to counteract the dia and I went to one spawned gyve farm from her. Here’s the interesting part, I tried to hit it from max melee distance and was unaffected by the aura. I was exactly at 3.5, was doing normal melee and ws damage. Another party member joined me to do the same but after a minute or so standing still eventually started to be hit by the aura.

A third pt member could not melee without being effected by the aura. As for myself, when it hit roughly 10%health remaining, I started to be effected. Again, this is without moving at all.

My theory is that there is a directional element to fighting them, possibly something that moves but have not had a chance to test further.

The other thing I noticed soloing VE today was that she was spamming me with TP moves at one point while I was turned, and that I had pulled her in such a way that she was standing directly on top of a spawned gyve. I’m wondering if they offer her some kind of Buff?

could be similiar to the uragnite with doom aura in delve, where galkas could be out of aura range while still in melee range
By green212 2019-09-22 20:37:24  
doom aura happens on fetters if player has gained enmity on lilith, at least on form 1. can avoid by keep dd out of middle until they pop

doing difficult saw armor/clubs on almost every run killing both adds.some double drops. setup was run,cor,thf,geo,pup,sch
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-22 22:08:22  
what makes spitewardens targetable
By Torzak 2019-09-22 23:29:49  
Asura.Nuance said: »
what makes spitewardens targetable

Kill the gyve in phase 1.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-23 00:27:45  
green212 said: »
doom aura happens on fetters if player has gained enmity on lilith, at least on form 1. can avoid by keep dd out of middle until they pop

doing difficult saw armor/clubs on almost every run killing both adds.some double drops. setup was run,cor,thf,geo,pup,sch

PUP SCH GEO COR THF RUN
PUP tanks Lilith till gyve pops wait for corresponding TP move to pop spitewarden
rest kill gyve
makes spitewarden targetable
Normal - 1
Difficult - 2
Very Difficult - 3
Killing them opens up additional possible drop slots

Larzos = Magic ~

Haudrale = Ranged ~

Aquila = melee ~

This the gist of ***?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-09-23 00:31:14  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The weekends are typically the absolute worst time for the waits, predictably enough. Either do chores in between your waits or find something else to do in the weekend because the wait time just transferred from ambuscade to HTBF.

The sad thing is, I've gotten more drops (3) solo on VE than I've seen in groups of diff/vd (2), though I've done considerably more solo than group. Add the competition aspect to lot each piece of gear and you can see why it was not implemented properly. Doing dozens of VEs solo just trades higher drop rate on difficult settings with the advantage of zero competition. The added drop gimmick just made it even less enticing to try in groups; I've talked to plenty of people by now who are 4/5 on the set and are just about done, and got all of it soloing.

I think they could have split up the HTBF somewhere else
What's that gimmick when soloing VE?

I just started paying attention to this, did a round of Es and got jack *** (PUP/THF).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-23 00:39:06  
The gimmick is for N+

(its just kill spite wardens for chance at more drops)
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-09-23 00:42:53  
Oh lol, okay, thought there was something else that was available in all difficulties.

So basically, go VE, just kill Lilith, rinse repeat?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-23 03:29:40  
DirectX said: »
I'm curious - if you zoned into say Odin BC while another group was doing Lilith, could they theoretically add you to the party and you could lot the stuff in their pool? Because it's the same zone? Or is it completely different instances and my thinking is nonsense?

You can have more than one group in any of the 4 dynamis divergence zones at the same time, and that instance IS exactly the same zone. Loot cannot be shared across instances. The whole point of an instance is that it's a completely separate entity from all the others of its kind.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-23 05:20:37  
I was thinking about pup tanking Lilith outside of circle (less TP feed, because automaton would hit for 0) on Normal and kill Gyve with 2 other chars, then kill Lilith phase 1, then tank phase 2 on pup again, wait for Spitwarden, kill it then kill phase 2. Not sure what jobs to use beside pup tho. BLU would cover melee/magic damage and would have good survivability, but then no ranged beside pinecone bomb which would be too weak probably. COR would cover melee/magic/ranged, but would have less survivability. 3rd job would probably be BRD, because no better options there.

So questions:
How much hp has spitwarden on N
When it is killable by ranged, its immune to melee and magic or just have some PDT/MDT towards those sources?
By Aerix 2019-09-23 05:28:54  
Irrelevant for actual farming, but:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-09-23 10:05:40  
SimonSes said: »
I was thinking about pup tanking Lilith outside of circle (less TP feed, because automaton would hit for 0) on Normal and kill Gyve with 2 other chars, then kill Lilith phase 1, then tank phase 2 on pup again, wait for Spitwarden, kill it then kill phase 2. Not sure what jobs to use beside pup tho. BLU would cover melee/magic damage and would have good survivability, but then no ranged beside pinecone bomb which would be too weak probably. COR would cover melee/magic/ranged, but would have less survivability. 3rd job would probably be BRD, because no better options there.

So questions:
1. How much hp has spitwarden on N
2. When it is killable by ranged, its immune to melee and magic or just have some PDT/MDT towards those sources
?

To piggyback this can I also add:

3. How do you kill gyve with melee if you get doom aura? Do you have to bring a ranged/nuker?
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-23 10:18:32  
Quote:
3. How do you kill gyve with melee if you get doom aura? Do you have to bring a ranged/nuker?

Someone in my linkshell told me that the Doom aura is actually applied in a donut shape around the center of the gyve rather than a true aura, and that if you stand at point blank range you can avoid it's effects. I haven't confirmed it yet though, but it kind of makes sense. If someone wants to give it a try and report back with a yes/no that would be helpful. Ranged attacks are probably the easiest option though.

Also Gyves cannot be nuked. They absorb all forms of magic damage. It heals them.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49