Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 47 48 49
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-18 12:53:23  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Fujito confirms the drop rate is set higher than most other htbf across difficulty levels because there are so many drops. Also says there's some condition you can meet in normal and above that will increase the number of drop slots, making it more likely to get multiple drops.

So they've added a proc system on higher difficulty levels. I wonder what the trigger is. Since nobody's reported it yet it sounds like its something obscure. I wonder if it has something to do with the spitewardens. Earlier in the thread people reported that spitewardens can become targetable and be killed, but didn't drop anything directly. I haven't heard any more discussion on that, but it might be possible that the spitewardens are somehow involved in the gimmik.

Then again it could be completely unrelated and be something as simple and obscure as "hit her with 6 weaponskills using 6 different weapon types in a specific order". But the spitewardens would be my first thought. They first appear on normal and higher difficulties right? The gimmic probably lies within the new mechanics that get added at the normal and above, so that's where I'd start looking.

And unless it tells you something special (ala vagary) good luck determining what that special proc system is until we are months in with 10s of thousands of fights done.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-18 13:27:10  
On normal and above there are two phases. Perhaps killing all of the the second phase adds before downing ascendent improves drops. Might require holding the boss until they spawn
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-18 13:44:52  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Perhaps killing all of the the second phase adds before downing ascendent improves drops.
Reminds me of the old school Nyzul Isle theories of killing the Rampart before killing the boss to improve drops.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-18 13:49:15  
Quote:
Lady Lilith summons Dark Gyves after utilizing a TP move.
These possess a magic evasion down aura.
Additionally, a 5-count Doom aura is added, beginning on "Normal" difficulty and higher.
These Gyves will not despawn; even after Lilith Ascendant appears.

From BG. Might have something to do with allowing these adds to spawn and killing them before moving on. It's the only behavior I can recall being unique to those difficulties. IDK just brainstorming
By Mrgrim 2019-09-18 14:19:58  
Artsncrafts said: »
More gimmick speculation plz

Kill fetters?

Lvl 4 SC?

Kill her outside ring while helix is up?

Land x debuffs

Use x weapon types

Any other ideas?

I did kill a light fetter, nada happened. I tried to kill her outside ring, so i landed a Requiem VII @ 1% and brought her outside arena, she stopped taking dmg from requiem. On the lvl 4 SCs, has Ejiin tried that, or he been using a Masa for 4 step? On the debuff part, my rdm partner has crippled her with debuffs and no procs. What I have yet to try is destroying a Dark Fetter, and see if the Spitewarden becomes targetable and see if killing it procs her.
edit: just did lvl 4 SC, no proc on 1st form.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 14:26:33  
So just a gentle reminder; they stated it won't make gear drop, it can increase chance of double drops right?

Not sure we can rule anything out yet, since getting no drops isn't a sign of ruling out a trigger?
 Asura.Korgull
サーバ: Asura
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-09-18 14:35:47  
I think we're all looking forward a proc like abyssea or vagary. Higher drop rate doesn't guarantee anything like you said, but it can help.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-18 14:48:27  
I can't read Japaneese and I don't trust google translate for things like this. However if this is properly translated

Quote:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39824-上位ミッションBCについて?p=619848#post619848
Fujito confirms the drop rate is set higher than most other htbf across difficulty levels because there are so many drops. Also says there's some condition you can meet in normal and above that will increase the number of drop slots, making it more likely to get multiple drops.

Adding additional drop slots is different from increasing the odds that a drop slot will load. Assuming there are normally 2 drop slots that can load on VD, this statement implies that after fulfilling the conditions you would see the original 2 plus an additional 1 (or maybe even 2 if the devs are feeling generous) slots. Meaning the maximum drops you could get is raised from 2 to maybe 3 or 4 in a single run. It would be feasible to believe that after fulfilling the condition the additional slots would have an extremely high chance of loading; possibly even guaranteed. If you could make it so that you had the original 2 slots that may or may not load, as well as an additional 1 or 2 slots that would possibly always load when the conditions are met, that would make grouping up on higher difficulties FAR more feasible.

The wording doesn't specify a proc either. It simply says there is a condition that when met will increase the number of drop slots. There may or may not be a visible proc involved. But going off of past systems they've implemented, IE abyssea, voidwatch, dynamis, Vagary, etc etc, it just feels very likely that's what we should be looking for.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-18 14:51:16  
Personally, I've never seen a double drop, nor a screenshot of a double drop. Do we even know for sure that double drops are even possible without this unknown condition?
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-18 14:57:46  
Actually no, I've never seen a screenshot of a double drop either now that you mention it. That's.... kind of concerning actually. There's the possiblility that fulfilling the condition could add 2 or 3 extra drop slots. But until someone actually finds the trigger it's all speculation at this point, and that isn't very productive. They basically just admitted there's an extra layer to the fight beyond what we've discovered in the first week though. Here's to hoping it's found out fairly soon.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-18 15:12:45  
I never once saw a double drop, but I also never killed all 3 spitewardens. Only ever killed 1 or 2.

Might also not even see the "!!" could just be a hidden condition.
By Meeble 2019-09-18 15:45:30  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
waffle said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39824-上位ミッションBCについて?p=619848#post619848

Have we confirmed the gimmick?

N doesn't have the second phase, so the only mechanic N and VD share that isn't in E/VE is the spitewarden ghosts.

In the missions, her "Fourth Spitewarden" was a clone of the player. My best guess would be holding her and just killing spitewardens to see what happens. Or hold them all, if your WHM is up to it.
By Mrgrim 2019-09-18 15:47:22  
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
I never once saw a double drop, but I also never killed all 3 spitewardens. Only ever killed 1 or 2.

What difficulty did you killed Spitewarden? Just killed Elvaan spite on D, also noticed that they have high physical dmg resistance. Did you guys MBed em to kill em fast? Funnily after finishing fight a chapeau dropped which was my last piece I needed lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-18 15:59:20  
If the gimmick for increasing drop slots is annoying, people won't even bother wasting time fulfilling it.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-09-18 16:13:54  
They change fight today? It seems a lot harder.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-18 16:25:50  
Meeble said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
waffle said: »

Have we confirmed the gimmick?

N doesn't have the second phase, so the only mechanic N and VD share that isn't in E/VE is the spitewarden ghosts.

In the missions, her "Fourth Spitewarden" was a clone of the player. My best guess would be holding her and just killing spitewardens to see what happens. Or hold them all, if your WHM is up to it.
N definitely has the second phase.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-18 16:27:44  
Wiki is wrong, then:

Quote:
Lilith Ascendant ★
Spawns during only Difficult and Very Difficult after defeating Lady Lilith.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-18 16:32:31  
Mrgrim said: »
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

What difficulty did you killed Spitewarden? Just killed Elvaan spite on D, also noticed that they have high physical dmg resistance. Did you guys MBed em to kill em fast? Funnily after finishing fight a chapeau dropped which was my last piece I needed lol.

We killed 1 or 2 spitewardens on D and VD, but never waited around for more. We just tried to burn her down and killed the wardens if they showed up.
As for damage, they seemed to be weaker to magic than to physical, but killing them with physical was possible.
By Mrgrim 2019-09-18 16:49:33  
yes it is possible to kill em melee style, takes forever though. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try again later when my buddies log in and try to kill all 3 spitewardens, and see if that triggers that unknown condition.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-09-18 17:32:48  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Wiki is wrong, then:

Quote:
Lilith Ascendant ★
Spawns during only Difficult and Very Difficult after defeating Lady Lilith.

I'm pretty sure I remember a second form on N as well but I only did N on like the first day so I don't remember.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-18 17:40:07  
Aquila: Pops after Durance Whip, takes 1/4 damage from magical and ranged attacks, normal damage from physical attacks.
Haudrale: Pops after Subjugating Slash, takes 1/4 damage from physical and magical attacks, normal damage from ranged attacks.
Larzos: Pops after Petaline Tempest, takes 1/4 damage from physical and ranged attacks, normal damage from magical attacks. He has some SDT on elements though but Night Terror hurts him for 30~40k with Malaise.
Also saw a Fomor pop after Moonlight Veil, maybe this move can summon any of them.

We were close to kill all 3 Fomors and Lilith in VD multiple times but ultimately failed it's really not easy even with Mewing... D is a lot more manageable with only 2 Fomors to kill and Lilith but only got 1 drop with TH5~6 in 2 runs so far.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2019-09-19 00:23:05  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Aquila: Pops after Durance Whip, takes 1/4 damage from magical and ranged attacks, normal damage from physical attacks.
Haudrale: Pops after Subjugating Slash, takes 1/4 damage from physical and magical attacks, normal damage from ranged attacks.
Larzos: Pops after Petaline Tempest, takes 1/4 damage from physical and ranged attacks, normal damage from magical attacks. He has some SDT on elements though but Night Terror hurts him for 30~40k with Malaise.
Also saw a Fomor pop after Moonlight Veil, maybe this move can summon any of them.

We were close to kill all 3 Fomors and Lilith in VD multiple times but ultimately failed it's really not easy even with Mewing... D is a lot more manageable with only 2 Fomors to kill and Lilith but only got 1 drop with TH5~6 in 2 runs so far.

Great insight as always, Papesse! You guys using a Rune Fencer to hold Lilith and have DDs kill the fetters be4 engaging spites?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-09-19 02:17:32  
Now something to throw in with a screenshot from When Wills Collide
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-19 02:31:54  
Might be worth seeing if Formless Strikes bypasses the resistances on Haudrale and Larzos.

I'd put good money on the gimmick being you need to destroy a certain number of the Gyves or otherwise down all of the Spitewardens.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-09-19 02:41:12  
Mrgrim said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

Great insight as always, Papesse! You guys using a Rune Fencer to hold Lilith and have DDs kill the fetters be4 engaging spites?
Basically yes. We used SMNs and RNG to kill the Fetters, they don't have the BP nerf and die relatively fast with Volt Strike and ranged attacks, especially if Conduit is used. Fetters have 250k HP, Fomors 300k HP.

Durance Whip popped the Galka so I guess it's random but they always come from the TP moves I mentioned. Lilith can also spawn fetters that don't have a fomor once one has been defeated.
 Bismarck.Casnik
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2019-09-19 10:25:20  
Do the Spitewardens keep popping after the fetters are down? Or does she keep popping fetters -> Spitewardens.

Also: I was soloing this yesterday with relative decent results. Now I'm getting stomped. ??? Did something change?
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-09-19 16:49:31  
Bismarck.Casnik said: »
Do the Spitewardens keep popping after the fetters are down? Or does she keep popping fetters -> Spitewardens.

Also: I was soloing this yesterday with relative decent results. Now I'm getting stomped. ??? Did something change?

That's what I ask. Something got changed cause I could duo E with myself and a mule and now she beats me like I owe her *** money....
By Taint 2019-09-19 16:52:02  
Which TP moves she uses determines if she’s a push over or a challenge. Just panacea the mdef down and turn until spikes are gone to keep her tame.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 47 48 49