Spell Interruption Lua Question

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Spell interruption lua question
Spell interruption lua question
By daviant 2019-09-04 19:50:50  
I'm trying to include a spell interruption set in my lua. I'm using the selindrile Luas . Does anyone know where i would include this set i've looked through it to the best of my ability and havnt figured out where to put it.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-09-04 20:33:09  
spell interrupt goes into midcast
By daviant 2019-09-05 06:26:21  
i thought you MAB set went into midcast? or are their two midcasts?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-05 08:49:05  
His RUN one has a sets.Enmity.SIRD, and then there is a casting mode SIRD.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-05 09:24:01  
daviant said: »

Midcast is Midcast I’m afraid.

So you’ll have to prioritize. Is your spell something that has an effect you want to land?

Midcast for MACC

Is it a Nuke?

Midcast for MACC/MAB

is it something you DO NOT want interrupted but the potency is meaningless? (Utsu, Cocoon, Stoneskin, etc)

SIRD. Otherwise you’ll have to make a hybrid
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-09-05 10:02:48  
LOL, you cant have your cake and eat it too
[+]
By daviant 2019-09-05 10:26:55  
Asura.Toralin said: »
LOL, you cant have your cake and eat it too

with technology all things should be possible
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-05 11:10:30  
I really don't see why there isn't an SIRD phase tbh, let's say a spell takes 1 full second to cast.

Step 1) Precast, obvious.

Step 2) Swaps to SIRD for .8 seconds

Step 3) "actual cast" set, where you stick macc/mab/enmity

You lua wizards should really have no issue doing that, always wondered why it wasn't a thing. Or... if that's literally impossible for some reason, a lua to send out an interrupt override packet. (which I know exists for running, but not one for getting hit?)
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2019-09-05 14:15:11  
Between calculating cast-time accurately, lag, and packet loss, all I foresee is a lot of super-impotent spells happening.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-09-05 14:24:50  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Midcast is Midcast I’m afraid.

So you’ll have to prioritize. Is your spell something that has an effect you want to land?

Midcast for MACC

Is it a Nuke?

Midcast for MACC/MAB

is it something you DO NOT want interrupted but the potency is meaningless? (Utsu, Cocoon, Stoneskin, etc)

SIRD. Otherwise you’ll have to make a hybrid

Do people not care about Stoneskin potency?
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-09-06 10:39:42  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Between calculating cast-time accurately, lag, and packet loss, all I foresee is a lot of super-impotent spells happening.

^This

BLU Spells are generally very fast so trying to get an LUA to accurately read and swap out for Affect will be difficult to have done reliably. It’s not like with Quick-Cast where packets flag on proc, you’d need something to actively read spells based on fast cast levels and hope you don’t run into latency problems between you and the server.

Besides, BLU spells are so fast that you can usually get off whatever spell you want with good timing. Even when cleaving.

And for Bippin:

No, not until the Stoneskin Formula is revised. It currently hard-caps at a useless 300HP and I don’t think any “Enhance Stoneskin” gear works for BLU Spells? It’s a case of our HP Pools vs Monster Damages usually makes that spell not worth equipping more often than not
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Xzerper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2019-10-17 05:49:23  
Just seen this post, so I figure I'd contribute. Hopefully you all enjoy! THIS IS A GOOD REASON TO NECRO BUMP THIS THREAD. Hope it helps someone!

This is something I posted into my Discord after talking to Kale(Sen) about the idea/concept of a Spell Interruption set in the instance Aquaveil/Verve is not up.

For the BLUs that have, and are using Sen's LUA. There is a SIRD predefined the rest of the Gearswap that I was made aware of.

However, this is not set as a standard in the namehere_blu_gear.lua file. So you have to manually add it in there, to utilize it. Unlike some of them that already have it, such as the RUN LUA.

So, with that being said, for those who do not know already:
Pressing WIN+F11 cycles through casting modes. You need to add "SIRD" to the casting modes at the top of the LUA.

Should look like this: state.CastingMode:options('Normal','SIRD','Resistant','Fodder','Proc')

This is not originally in there, so you have to put it in there exactly as its typed above here.

Once that is done, copy, and paste this into the LUA. It can be anywhere, but I personally put it the section that has "--Other Specific Spells-- for the sake of clarity.
(The first set will cast when Veil/Verve is already up, second set will cast with its not up.)

sets.midcast["Dream Flower"] = {
ammo="",
head="",
body="",
hands="",
legs="",
feet="",
neck="",
waist="",
left_ear="",
right_ear="",
left_ring="",
right_ring="",
back="",
}

sets.midcast["Dream Flower"].SIRD = {
ammo="",
head="",
body="",
hands="",
legs="",
feet="",
neck="",
waist="",
left_ear="",
right_ear="",
left_ring="",
right_ring="",
back="",
}

When you are in SIRD casting mode and do not have Verve up or Aquaviel...

It will use this set for casting that predefined spell.
AKA: A 102% Interruption Rate down set for Dream flower so you'll never interrupt. Even if you have VERVE/Aquaviel down because you either didn't catch it or it suddenly wore off in the middle of a pull/cleave.

This will also overwrite your Dream Flower set entirely, not using the sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].MagicAccuracy sets that is usually used for Sleeps, or anything that just needs to land.

So you'll have to pre-define Dream Flower entirely again there. I just copy/pasted my sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].MagicAccuracy gearset for Dream Flower on the first part.

Just put the standard set you'd use Dream Flower with, on the sets.midcast["Dream Flower"] gearset line.

Then put your spell interruption rate/magical acc set for Dream Flower as the sets.midcast["Dream Flower"].SIRD gearset.

Otherwise it will not swap any gear to use on dream flower at all. Since Dream Flower is defined, it won't use your Magical Acc spells anymore, it'll use the set you have here.

I am not sure a way around this, just what I worked with, with the limited knowledge I have to edit and contribute to a LUA file.

If you want to go the easy route and decide you don't want to have to cycle casting modes every single time you go out on BLU, you can put SIRD as the first set in the Cycling Casting Sets, and it'll be set as your default set. So it'll always be on. So you don't have to worry about cycling to SIRD every time, making it monotonous, and just automatic.

You do so by editing the casting mode at the top of the LUA as follows.

Originally, before editing it: state.CastingMode:options('Normal','SIRD','Resistant','Fodder','Proc')

What it should be after, to make it active by default:
state.CastingMode:options('SIRD','Normal','Resistant','Fodder','Proc')

Just remember, you'll need to define the Dream Flower set for your standard set, and the Dream Flower.SIRD set with Spell Interruption Rate down equipment. Enjoy.
#savethebluemages #lessdeathsnow

If anyone can make this more efficient, I'm open to suggestions. Hope this helps anyone that needs it!
[+]
 Odin.Vikter
サーバ: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2019-10-24 13:53:00  
Can someone post their SID 102% set so I can throw it into dream flower? Think that’s the only spell I would want not to be interrupted especially during cleaving.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-24 14:22:35  
Odin.Vikter said: »
Can someone post their SID 102% set so I can throw it into dream flower? Think that’s the only spell I would want not to be interrupted especially during cleaving.
Just quickly threw these together. You could cap PDT if you offhand a Hermit's Wand for the spell. Doing so would also save you the hassle of needing to augment a Taeon Chapeau and possibly Ambuscade cape with SIRD.

27% PDT 102% SIR
ItemSet 369315

50% PDT 102% SIR
ItemSet 369316
 Bismarck.Xzerper
By Bismarck.Xzerper 2019-10-25 11:47:33  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Just quickly threw these together. You could cap PDT if you offhand a Hermit's Wand for the spell. Doing so would also save you the hassle of needing to augment a Taeon Chapeau and possibly Ambuscade cape with SIRD.

27% PDT 102% SIR
ItemSet 369315

50% PDT 102% SIR
ItemSet 369316
Bismarck.Sterk said: »

27% PDT 102% SIR
ItemSet 369315

50% PDT 102% SIR
ItemSet 369316
You would not really need any PDT/MDT during a midcast set, as this is when the spell is going off. Not during fast-cast phase where its being charged up to be cast.

Midcast happens instantly, where FC is being used for the windup and the PDT would matter more, for example.

Midcast is where the interruption gear happens to take into effect, and prevent the interruption of the spell being cast, because this is the actual casting of the spell.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2019-11-29 06:18:24  
Bismarck.Xzerper said: »
You would not really need any PDT/MDT during a midcast set as this is when the spell is going off. Not during fast-cast phase where its being charged up to be cast.

Midcast happens instantly, where FC is being used for the windup and the PDT would matter more, for example.

Midcast is where the interruption gear happens to take into effect, and prevent the interruption of the spell being cast, because this is the actual casting of the spell.

Worth a necro to correct this absolutely wrong information. Precast is the one that happens in an instant. Precast is for Fast Cast and the like.

Midcast is on for virtually the entire length of the cast.

FC is put on in the beginning and sets the pace of the spell cast. GS then immediately swaps to Midcast. It's necessarily this way to ensure that the Midcast set (mab, cure pot, skill, whatever) gets the oomph behind the spell.

So yes, a Midcast set for aquaveil, phalanx, stoneskin, and even self cures should be stacked with -DT and spell-interrupt gear.
[+]