SCH Gear Suggestions And Discussion. (Large Post Warning)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Gear Suggestions and Discussion. (Large post warning)
SCH Gear Suggestions and Discussion. (Large post warning)
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 19:36:51  
============================================================================

SCH (Light Arts) Curing gear (Main healing/Max MP)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=115319
User submitted image
Argute Bracers (Can easily get next time they drop [Dynamis])
Altruistic Cape (Going to suck to get [Sea])
Hierarch Belt
Scholar's Pants
Goliard Chapeau
Goliard Saio
Staff Strap
Morgana's Choker (Shouldn't be too hard to get [Einherjar])
Magnetic Earring
Loquacious Earring
Tamas Ring
Serket Ring
Apollo's Staff
Hedgehog Bomb
Scholar's Loafers

Set Notes: With this set it is incredibly easy to surpass 1000MP even on my elvaan. It's in my personal experience that MP+ and Emnity- surpass MND+ and this set delivers all the performance you could want while main healing. If you prefer fastcast or spell casting reduction see the Fast Cast set somewhere below.

SCH (Dark Arts) Standard Nuking gear (Standard mobs/Manaburns/Missions/Quests)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=115290
User submitted image
Mahatma Slops
Tamas Ring
Phantom Earring
Snow Ring
Vicious Mufflers
Moldavite Earring
Uggalepih Pendant
Penitent's Rope (Swap in proper obi's)
Prism Cape
Royal Redingote
Bugard Leather Strap +1
Aquilo's Staff
Phantom Tathlum
Maat's Cap
Yigit Crackows (Will have VERY soon/easily [Assault])

Set Notes: With this set it will be more than easy to hit high numbers on standard mobs. This set offers +51 INT and +22 MAB when Uggalepih Pendant is in effect (+14 MAB without). You will also want to use Helix spells under this set for maximum damage.

SCH (Dark Arts) HNM/Endgame Nuking gear (High Resist/Endgame/HNM)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=115339
User submitted image
Phantom Earring
Argute Mortarboard (Shouldn't be hard to get [Dynamis])
Thunder Grip
Argute Belt (Will suck since we don't do dream lands often [Dynamis])
Jupiter's Staff
Elemental Earring (Just need to farm)
Goliard Clogs
Elemental Torque
Prism Cape
Genie Gages
Tamas Ring
Snow Ring
Scholar's Gown
Mahatma Slops
Sturm's Report

Set Notes: With this set you will reach 320 Elemental Magic Skill and 120 Intelligence (aka the 320/120 build). Using this set you should be able to achieve high numbers on anything HNM or endgame related. You can swap in an Omega ring for the snow ring if desired but will fall to +118 INT if Elvaan. May be situational.

SCH (Either Arts) Enfeebling Gear
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=118292
User submitted image
Goliard Clogs
Goliard Cuffs (Only piece i'm missing [Nyzul])
Elite Beret
Enfeebling Torque (Farming for gil)
Tamas Ring
Scholar's Gown
Sturm's Report
Mahatma Slops
Altruistic Cape (Going to suck to get [Sea])
Penitent's Rope
Raptor Strap +1
Auster's Staff (Farming for gil)
Phantom Earring
Enfeebling Earring (Farming for gil)
Omega Ring (Shouldn't be too hard to get [Einherjar])

Set Notes: You will reach 306 enfeebling skill through this set with max 8/8 enfeeble merits and either arts. This should allow you to land any enfeeble fairly accurately on most mobs.

SCH (Light Arts) Stoneskin Gear (Max 410)
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=118295
User submitted image
Magnetic Earring
Loquac. Earring
Kirin's Pole
Raptor Strap +1
Stone Gorget (Going to suck to get)
Devotee's Mitts
Mahatma Slops
Errant Hpl.
Phtm. Tathlum
Maat's Cap
Penitent's Rope
Prism Cape
Goliard Clogs
Tamas Ring
Serket Ring

Set Notes: With this setup my elvaan reaches +60 MND on top of my base 70 which gives me a total of 130 MND. This is more than enough to give the 350 max stoneskin plus the enhancement from the gorget giving a max of 410. This is listed under light arts because of the accession ability to give this stoneskin amount to the entire party. There will still be plenty of MND+ during dark arts to achieve the cap as well.

SCH (Either Arts) Sublimation
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=118299
User submitted image
Scholar's M.board
Argute Gown (Shouldn't be hard to get [Dynamis]

Set Notes: This is fairly common sense, this will charge sublimation much faster.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 19:38:19  
I could have edited the post but its easier to point out that the Red dots mean i don't have that specific item just yet. Green Obviously meaning i do.

Thanks ahead of time for the feedback.

^_^/
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 19:59:42  
Ok lets start with healing since for some reason I can't see your nuke set. Laggy internets.

I would use errent cape, would not use af1 hands OR argute boots. Otherwise the set looks decent.

For hands I use Argute bracers+1 or Devotees+1. AF1 hands really give you no bonus in my eyes. Oddy enough AF1 feet are better than Argute simply because you have do be using celerity and whatever the other JA is to use, and for AF1 you only have to have grimiore on to activate the 10% casting speed.

I macro in argute gown and AF1 head instead of goliard head and body to get the 4 tick sublimation. But when I do use a cure or AoE magic, I macro in goliard head/body.
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 20:02:48  
I'm not a SCH, but you should have some type of Idle set. Something with Vermy/Relic body, Earth/Terra's, Orochi Nodowa + Garden Bangles to lessen the blow from Sublimation. Actually Ixion cloak could work too, just kinda expensive. Cheviot cape is also very nice for this. Note that Garden Bangles are hideous. :<
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 20:04:39  
Ninian said:
I'm not a SCH, but you should have some type of Idle set. Something with Vermy/Relic body, Earth/Terra's, Orochi Nodowa + Garden Bangles to lessen the blow from Sublimation. Actually Ixion cloak could work too, just kinda expensive. Cheviot cape is also very nice for this. Note that Garden Bangles are hideous. :<

1.) SS absorbs sublimation.

2.) SCH can get 4MP/tick Sublimation with AF1 head and af2 body instead of a vermy or ixion cloak.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 20:07:14  
OH I can see your nuking set now. You don't have much skill in it. Seems to be geared for a blm. I would use Goliard hands/feet over yigit and vicious. What are the augments on your royal Redingote?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 20:16:17  
Yeah I said Vermy or AF2(I call it Relic :s) (not everyone has AF2, and vermy's nice for when you actually get refreshed, or idling in between sublimation recast times), and the regen pieces are nice for idling in anyway regardless. Just lessening the blow of sublimation is a plus.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 20:31:03  
Ninian said:
Yeah I said Vermy or AF2(I call it Relic :s) (not everyone has AF2, and vermy's nice for when you actually get refreshed, or idling in between sublimation recast times), and the regen pieces are nice for idling in anyway regardless. Just lessening the blow of sublimation is a plus.

oh that's true, I forgot the last time I was refreshed QQ;
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 20:32:18  
Aaroca said:
Ninian said:

oh that's true, I forgot the last time I was refreshed QQ;

/comfort Lazy RDMs are lazy ; ; I get the same treatment as WHM/SCH :<
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 20:46:33  
Oh yeah. Another thing I totally forgot about is Elemental Obis instead of penitents. Assuming that you have them for blm. Another peice of nuking gear you might want to look into is Omega ring.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:06:05  
Aaroca said:
Ok lets start with healing since for some reason I can't see your nuke set. Laggy internets.

I would use errent cape, would not use af1 hands OR argute boots. Otherwise the set looks decent.

For hands I use Argute bracers+1 or Devotees+1. AF1 hands really give you no bonus in my eyes. Oddy enough AF1 feet are better than Argute simply because you have do be using celerity and whatever the other JA is to use, and for AF1 you only have to have grimiore on to activate the 10% casting speed.

I macro in argute gown and AF1 head instead of goliard head and body to get the 4 tick sublimation. But when I do use a cure or AoE magic, I macro in goliard head/body.

I figured since the Relic boots had Healing Skill+7 and MP+20 that they would be much better than rostrums (which i also have if that's an option).

Errant cape is 1 million gil on my server and is not worth it compared to the altruistic if i can actually land a lot on it.

The only reason i put AF hands over Devot+1 is that i'm not huge on MND+ for curing, i have some from that set which i feel is decent (not counting for stoneskin) and i am more into MP+ and emnity-

I figured i would need an alternative to AF hands. The Relic hands look like the answer i was wanting, same MP with MND and Emnity- so that's right up the alley i just mentioned thanks.

Also in concerns to the sublimination gear (I didn't mention it but i should have) I had already planned to macro in those pieces during that time it's charging.

so....

now concerning the Dark Arts (Nuking) comments this far, That was my plan to gear as a BLM and then just add in a high resist set where i need more Elemental Magic Skill+.

Keep the conversation going i'm more than open to suggestions or more alternatives. I am on a huge budget at this moment in time as you could tell with what i do have.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:07:21  
Aaroca said:
Oh yeah. Another thing I totally forgot about is Elemental Obis instead of penitents. Assuming that you have them for blm. Another peice of nuking gear you might want to look into is Omega ring.

Yeah Elemental Obi's and the individual grips (such as the ice grip + HQ ice staff) for specific nukes ARE planned. As it is i can never get help with the UFO's since every single RL friend continues not to have sea access yet XD.

I can figure that out though.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:08:52  
Ninian said:

Vermy would be nice but i need to perfect my Curing/Basic nuking before i spend more money on an idle piece. If anything i would just invest into a hMP set which i could later add the vermy into.

Keep the thoughts coming.
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-10-14 21:10:20  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=3773#243619
This was/is the Sch Gear Forum,
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-10-14 21:13:45  
You might also want to look into a 50% casting speed build for SCH. For SCH it is a very easy thing to do.

-15% /rdm
-10% Light/Dark Arts
-10% Scholar's Loafers
-10% Argute Mortarboard
-5% Royal Redingote
-2% Rostrum Pumps
-2% Loquacious Earring

Those are the sources of fast cast that I can pull off the top of my head, but as you can see getting to the -50% casting speed is very easy, and eliminates the need for Celerity and Alacrity unless you're doing it for the recast timers or if you have the Argute Loafers (casting time and recast to 40% of original timer with corresponding weather)
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 21:15:00  
Clinpachi said:
Ninian said:

Vermy would be nice but i need to perfect my Curing/Basic nuking before i spend more money on an idle piece. If anything i would just invest into a hMP set which i could later add the vermy into.

As far as priorities go, I'd actually prioritize a Vermy first. I mean, that's my personal opinion, but refresh is hot. :s Errant body is a better hMP piece anyway.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:15:27  
Chefm said:

I liked NOTHING about any of that in that thread, and i actually modeled my nuking gear after Enternius's who was pretty much the only person i felt had a proper set. I even browsed the SCH item sets on this site.

Everything seemed mixed or lacking.

It seems i am on the right track though. Marylyn had some alright sets as well but i can't obtain things from PW or spend nearly that much gil anytime soon.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:17:29  
Ninian said:
Clinpachi said:
Ninian said:

As far as priorities go, I'd actually prioritize a Vermy first. I mean, that's my personal opinion, but refresh is hot. :s Errant body is a better hMP piece anyway.

I would just have to say this is preference. What good is 1MP/tick refresh going to do for 600k+ if the gear you are using is causing constant resists or inadequate performance. The errant body is head on and what i use for hMP as well.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-14 21:19:15  
Novio Earring instead of Phantom, +1 or otherwise.

I'd also lose the Argute Loafers, the faster casting of even the AF feet or AF+1 feet far surpasses the bonuses granted by +7 Healing magic.
On the same note, The Argute Mortarboard is going to be a better piece for healing as well. I can't overstate the glory of being able to cure a tank back to full after a Tourbillion, before the Knockback effect even kicks in. An incredible life saver. Also note that with the AF feet (Scholar's Loafers) You do not need to waste time with Rostrum pumps or using a Royal Redingote slot for Fastcast. Of course I'm simply speaking from a healing perspective.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this as well, KORIN OBI, that is like your Noble's Tunic as a healer. Just throw up aurorastorm whenever you can afford it, get on Korin Obi, and enjoy some potent cures.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 21:20:32  
Clinpachi said:
I would just have to say this is preference. What good is 1MP/tick refresh going to do for 600k+ if the gear you using is constant resists or inadequate performance. The errant body is head on and what i use for hMP as well.

I suppose that's true, but most of your remaining nuking gear is Rare/ex, right? D:
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:22:02  
Zicdeh said:

I'd also lose the Argute Loafers, the faster casting of even the AF feet or AF+1 feet far surpasses the bonuses granted by +7 Healing magic.
On the same note, The Argute Mortarboard is going to be a better piece for healing as well. I can't overstate the glory of being able to cure a tank back to full after a Tourbillion, before the Knockback effect even kicks in. An incredible life saver.

The Novio is going for 12-15 million on my server, never going to happen. There will always be room for +1 including in the AF should i want to upgrade.

Everyone seems to have in interesting point on the spell casting time build. WILL be looked into soon.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:23:04  
Ninian said:
Clinpachi said:
I would just have to say this is preference. What good is 1MP/tick refresh going to do for 600k+ if the gear you using is constant resists or inadequate performance. The errant body is head on and what i use for hMP as well.

I suppose that's true, but most of your remaining nuking gear is Rare/ex, right? D:

This is very true, after a snow ring i'm fairly set. I only just bought everything you see yesterday/today so it still hasn't sunk in how broke i am/going to further be.

But i think this will be worth it for me.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-14 21:24:41  
Clinpachi said:
Errant cape is 1 million gil on my server and is not worth it compared to the altruistic if i can actually land a lot on it.

I dunno, if you're getting altruistic for the healing skill... I'd say don't bother, it's not gonna make any significant difference on your cures. If you don't want to go errant you're probably better off just cheaping it out with an intensifying cape.
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-10-14 21:24:58  
Another piece to look for is an enfeebling set, nuking set, and an elemental set. SCH gear takes up 73 slots in my inventory if you want to guess how much gear I carry. ; ;
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-14 21:25:31  
Clinpachi said:
Zicdeh said:

On the same note, The Argute Mortarboard is going to be a better piece for healing as well. I can't overstate the glory of being able to cure a tank back to full after a Tourbillion, before the Knockback effect even kicks in. An incredible life saver.

The Novio is going for 12-15 million on my server, never going to happen. There will always be room for +1 including in the AF should i want to upgrade.

Everyone seems to have in interesting point on the spell casting time build. WILL be looked into soon.

Yah, I wouldn't spend that much on a Novio either, but you could have a Sea group, It's not that rare a drop, and Jailer of Love isn't that difficult.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:27:48  
Okamiwolf said:
Another piece to look for is an enfeebling set, nuking set, and an elemental set. SCH gear takes up 73 slots in my inventory if you want to guess how much gear I carry. ; ;

If you can, contribute as much as possible. As someone with that much gear i would love to know your inner workings and ideals.

As stated i have no intentions of arguing or knocking on anyone's gear. I'm actually taking in so much SCH information in the past 1-2 weeks i feel nauseated lol.

I did mention in the OP an enfeeble set will be worked on next as well as a high resist (elemental skill+) build here soon.

I just wanted to get the basics started and then build from there. I'm not even 75 just yet (66 as of yesterday).
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 21:28:51  
-castingtime definitely look into, since you have spellcast it's actually useful! Being broke sucks, so whenever you're unbroke you should look into a Vermy~
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-10-14 21:31:44  
Okay I'll whip you something up buddy. Just give me a minute to post all my gear sets lol I have a few posted in my profile already if you want to take a short look. With my power I've silenced Suzaku during his Chainspell. Truly awesome.

EDIT to not offend anyone.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-14 21:35:27  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=105068

This right here is very interesting for a high resist set. Interesting choices that i honestly didn't think about.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-14 21:38:22  
I think Goliard is better than Numerists, but don't quote me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4