フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Rune hate management vs. Paladin
Rune hate management vs. Paladin
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-07-13 18:40:04  
kishr said: »
from main rune thread, just missing the 2 ears.
Throw Eihwaz Ring and Alber Strap into your enmity set also.
By zixxer 2019-07-17 16:12:48  
/endthread
[+]
By kishr 2019-07-17 16:18:32  
He was a great battle, worthy adversary, he meaning my tank buddy, not the chick on the floor.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-07-17 19:14:58  
Subjectively,

Enmity: From what I understand, after playing both Run and Pld, is that Run has better burst enmity whereas Pld has better cumulative enmity. Meaning, for anything that resets hate, Run will have an easier time adjusting to the situation. Whereas Pld will be able to hold hate for a longer period of time on a monster that does not reset hate without needing to take action.

AoE Hate:
I feel like Pld wins here just because Pld's shield can block all frontal physical attacks whereas Run's parry can only affect the player while engaged. With 5 mobs this isn't noticeable, but 20+ it starts to become an issue if sac pulling; or simply pulling.
But in terms of Enmity management, both have options to hold hate. Though I do think that Foil's short recast time gives Run more options for recruiting more mobs to chase the Run then Pld does.

Damage:
Run outright wins. At the moment, Lionheart is simply broken. This means that Run can switch between 'tanking' and 'DD' with ease; whereas Pld needs to change it's sub job.
By Kealohaa 2019-07-17 19:29:32  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Subjectively,

Enmity: From what I understand, after playing both Run and Pld, is that Run has better burst enmity whereas Pld has better cumulative enmity. Meaning, for anything that resets hate, Run will have an easier time adjusting to the situation. Whereas Pld will be able to hold hate for a longer period of time on a monster that does not reset hate without needing to take action.

AoE Hate:
I feel like Pld wins here just because Pld's shield can block all frontal physical attacks whereas Run's parry can only affect the player while engaged. With 5 mobs this isn't noticeable, but 20+ it starts to become an issue if sac pulling; or simply pulling.
But in terms of Enmity management, both have options to hold hate. Though I do think that Foil's short recast time gives Run more options for recruiting more mobs to chase the Run then Pld does.

Damage:
Run outright wins. At the moment, Lionheart is simply broken. This means that Run can switch between 'tanking' and 'DD' with ease; whereas Pld needs to change it's sub job.
I don't know if you have an Epeolatry Senaki but a RUN using that and a good phalanx set can tank a hell of a lot more mobs at once than a PLD. I have both Epeolatry and Burtgang and I feel more invincible on RUN, sad to say cuz I also love my PLD.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-07-17 20:35:04  
Get some Marches/Haste, rotate Stun/Foil/Flash, don't even need JAs, there is no way a PLD can keep up with that. They're literally lacking 2/3 spells and Blank Gaze doesn't make up for either.
Jettatura cooldown is too long to be as relevant as any of those 3 spells and there is nothing else PLD can do.

Under Sentinel you will probably lose hate here and there, if it happens at all.

That's it.
By kishr 2019-07-17 21:46:37  
All in all, a good pld actually can out hate or 40/60 60/40 a rune.
Depends the pld skill. It's Fairplay if u ask me.
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-18 02:43:12  
Subjectively,

AoE Hate:

I get where you're coming from, but this hasn't been the case for at least 2+ years now.
The whole PLD can block, RUN can't parry stuff doesn't matter anymore. RUN takes less damage than PLD without parrying so what's the point? PLD's block rate is so bad it doesn't even matter lol. Aegis is the only shield PLD can use on 90% of content so Ochain doesn't work for the mobs what matters.
Even then, the mobs that do hit either tank "should" hit for 0-10. Blocking wouldn't really do much anyway.

And you got that mixed up on enmity my dude. PLD is like 30 second sex. It blows all of its load in 30 seconds with the use of Sentinel and then it's done, the job's useless. But even with Sentinel, RUN is better at holding hate.

If you really want to see why RUN is invincible watch my Melee Black and White video. I was going DD mode the whole fight, parsed over 1.5M damage as a tank. That whole video is the perfect example to why PLD is the most useless job in the game.
The job is outdated, it's terrible. Any end-game player with any common sense and who knows top tier RUNs will agree.

The only purpose PLD has is that it's easier to understand than RUN, meaning lower skill ceiling, easier grasp, more forgiving it you make a mistake.

And I 100% feel the hate gap between top tier PLD vs top tier RUN is 10/90, with RUN having the upper hand. The only time PLD should pull hate from RUN is when enmity caps lol. PLD is so ***.
By Sieve 2019-07-18 03:37:12  
I glanced through the comments and I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but for my hate spells I go full fast recast, so I can spam spells much faster. Before I was using my enmity set for spells and I was losing hate a lot, especially if I was lacking haste. After, I switched to fast recast, life has been a lot easier for me.

Of course, I still use my enmity set for my JA's.
By Sieve 2019-07-18 03:41:12  
Subjectively,

AoE Hate:
I feel like Pld wins here just because Pld's shield can block all frontal physical attacks whereas Run's parry can only affect the player while engaged.

No Run wins with aoe hate because after a run has hate on all the mobs he has foil and a plethora of self targeting job abilities to keep hate up for each mob.

The pld just has sentinal.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-07-18 04:08:43  
kishr said: »
All in all, a good pld actually can out hate or 40/60 60/40 a rune.
Depends the pld skill. It's Fairplay if u ask me.
First that's not true, second there is no such thing as skill in this context.
It's literally based on timers. RUN even has better MP generation than PLD making it better at spamming mindlessly.

This thread really makes me wonder if the people actually pay attention when they play.

Sieve said: »
Subjectively,

AoE Hate:
I feel like Pld wins here just because Pld's shield can block all frontal physical attacks whereas Run's parry can only affect the player while engaged.

No Run wins with aoe hate because after a run has hate on all the mobs he has foil and a plethora of self targeting job abilities to keep hate up for each mob.

The pld just has sentinal.
This.

Where PLD is stuck casting actual AOEs that need to hit running mobs, RUN can simply spam Foil on himself while generating even more hate on a specific target.
By Nariont 2019-07-18 05:49:54  
To be fair pld has cures to spam for self hate, its no foil but its a tool. But as stated run has better single/aoe gate gain due to its high spike ja selection. Pld has a better initial burst as i beleive i read Sentinel jps went past the 200 cap, but once thats over thats it.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-18 06:04:38  
Nariont said: »
To be fair pld has cures to spam for self hate, its no foil but its a tool. But as stated run has better single/aoe gate gain due to its high spike ja selection. Pld has a better initial burst as i beleive i read Sentinel jps went past the 200 cap, but once thats over thats it.

Senkyuutai explained this about MP. PLD has no form of mp recovery outside of Chilvary, 10 minute cooldown. RUN has literally unlimited MP at its disposal. After a couple of Cure IVs PLD is dried out.

And about enmity thing, I explained previous page why PLD still falls behind RUN for rapid hate generation. Enmity caps at 30,000 Volatile and Cumulative Enmity, Once that 30k is reached it's basically who can spam the most to maintain it.

RUN can get between 25k and 30k VE within 5 seconds using my method earlier. What is the point of having more enmity+ if the overall cap is 30k? RUN wins for getting to capped hate and maintaining capped hate.
By Nariont 2019-07-18 06:32:29  
Not disagreeing which is better, just stating pld does have a self hate option, since above poster said they only had Sentinel,its just not very good, both in hate and mp cost, and that pld has an additional 20% enmity gain with sent up, assuming sent is capping gear enmity as it should, as said once you cap you cap, just pld can potentially get a higher single target burst. Course you let run take full advantage of iys aoe hate tools and thats likely gonna be a wash or in runs favor.

Really feel for pld, job needs some love
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-18 06:36:17  
Nariont said: »
Really feel for pld, job needs some love

I agree. I mained PLD since like '09 and was always my favourtite job. However, it just sucks to play now, it just isn't good anymore in comparison to RUN.

I'd love for PLD to get a good update. I think it was Martel who said this, and I 100% agree with him:
I play PLD because I want to play it, not because someone asks me to go on PLD. RUN just does everything better.
[+]