Ambuscade V1 July 2019

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 July 2019
Ambuscade V1 July 2019
By geigei 2019-07-15 02:59:11  
Yes Sechs, thing is if the silence isn'tfast enough (resists, not getting the msg) it still lands.
There's a lot going on this month, i like it.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-07-15 09:36:12  
tyalangan said: »
Yeah, that is how you silence the MB. Debuff him 4 times for the “croak” message then he is susceptible to silence. It’s stated throughout this thread and even at the top of this page. It’s also on the BG wiki strategy page for this months ambu

My apologies for not noticing the information in the thread previously. At least now this guves me a better understanding of the fight. I don't mind personally, but this still seems like a lot of work for your "average" group/pick-up.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-07-18 20:26:24  
wake me up when the next mindlessly easy month happens
[+]
By geigei 2019-07-19 07:41:26  
D is not that bad once you find the rythm.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-19 08:37:37  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Next month will likely be the Moogle. That's probably the worst ambuscade ever.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-19 09:03:35  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Next month will likely be the Moogle. That's probably the worst ambuscade ever.

Nah, at least you can smn burn VD with Moogles.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2019-07-20 09:57:11  
We've repeatedly tried to beat this on VD with fat SC's to burst down the fish and it just never works - it may not be outright impossible, but I'm sick of bashing our head against the wall with it. We wiped half a dozen times on 1 hour attempts last night trying this.

Going to try simple auto-attacking on the fish method tonight after dyna. Other things to note from the video are that the RUN uses thunder Gambit on the first fish, and thunder rayke on the second - by the time they're on the third fish, gambit is back up to repeat. When we first tried the enthunder strat, we were getting enough resists/lowball damage that I don't think we were quite getting high enough to reset the mob's HP. I was a dumb*** though and didn't think to gambit/rayke. Also after looking at our VOD from last night, the fish clearly level up immediately after being weapon-skilled. After they level up ~3+ times, they're basically unkillable.

They're also waiting until the kraken mighty strikes before they start dropping any skillchains - which obviously makes sense, but was just another point we were failing to execute. We go into dyna about 9 PM EST and will be trying this again tonight ~11:15 pm est if anyone is bored and wants to watch us stream it. Pretty confident we'll get some wins with these adjustments. https://www.twitch.tv/lwardenl
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-07-30 09:28:16  
geigei said: »
D is not that bad once you find the rythm.

This is what I've found, too. D requires a bit of coordination but it's not *that* bad. WHM needs to curebomb and GEO needs to enfeeble the Songstress plus the adds plus keep dispelling. DDs don't matter so much, we've done D with one of the best samurai on the server, but we swapped him out for my BLU alt and were still able to win comfortably. Just need to be diligent about switching into hybrid and DT sets.

Every PUG that I've joined has been a disaster on D and above, of course. Asking pickup GEOs on Asura to do anything more than just bubble and afk is too much.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-30 09:38:14  
I have found DRG to be especially useful in this fight. Have been using some Enm- gear in my WS sets, including Kaja Grip, and running a fulltime hybrid set. It's less DPS overall, but the added survivability has really shown with the Spinning Fin/Hate reset spam. Have always been able to keep my hate off consistently with spamming Stardiver SCs/Impulse Drives with cycling in High Jumps. Being able to throw out the occasional Restoring Breath + Super Jumps really helps out your tank during the hate reset
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-07-30 09:46:35  
hmm I remember this fight not being too terrible with pet setup last time around. I know the hp is much higher now, but I remember fighting this on VD quite a bit because I remember the kraken... I don't remember exactly how we did it though.

probably just had 1 bst or pup fight each add solo, with pet tanking and master making skillchains on them

probably used overdrive to tear thru them quickly also.

3x overdrive pups will tear down the adds very quickly. and each pet player manages an add so they don't get ganged up on.

Not sure if thats how it went but guessing from hazy memories.
By tyalangan 2019-07-31 14:01:21  
Trying to knock out as many points as possible this weekend. I’d like to try Normal 3-man. Is there anything I’m missing:

Run to middle. Horde. Ignore songstress. While killing each add spam dispel with GEO. Keep things slept. Win?

I don’t mean to simplify. Just want to key the highlights. Anything I’m missing?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 14:12:12  
That's the jist of it. Try not to get facerolled by counters if you fight the mnks.

99% of all N failures are impatience. They kill the DRGs then.... wait.... but wait too long, grab a mnk, drg spawns aoe stun and wipe.
By tyalangan 2019-07-31 14:14:22  
Okay thanks. Non-tanks fight behind mob.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-05 16:52:51  
For everyone that said "*** this month" don't forget your total marks seal

next month looks like it might be the froggie again. Based solely on the costume and the staff in the pics.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [700 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 07:34:36  
Oh get your salt flowin' it's this month again up next bois

Sahagins.

With power creep, while annoying it should be pretty simple this time. Enthunder keeps tp zero and PDT sets are easier and more functional than ever.
By joemamma 2021-07-05 16:18:06  
I don't remember this one at all...so that means it probably sucks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 16:19:16  
One of the... least liked indeed. It's very unreasonable for unorganized pickup
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 16:26:34  
Oh right, you don't/can't ws so it hurts Epeen, that's why it's miserable.

Had to rewatch the vod. Mobs level up on ws, and get DT/Regen when fighting too far away, and have aoe stun, and counters, and charm and "requires" a good rdm. Just an overall miserable pick up experience.

But again it's been 2 years, it should be simpler this time. Monks Ninjas Thieves (white damage builds) with rdm/sch/smn enthunder
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-07-05 17:56:19  
Rdm, monk and even war are far more played jobs now, all have hit their fotm phases to boost their numbers since the last time this was in.

On top of that DT sets are baked into DD gear, most people don't even seem to get max dps gear anymore they just get the hybrid set(malig and sakpata) and call it a day. Also hate resets are a non issue doing it the en thunder/melee only way.

Should be way easier for shouts to make proper setups. Pugs will be Pugs tho. And its still an annoyingly forced long encounter relative to other months.

Tank/DD/RDM/BRD/GEO/X (healer or DD if the rdm is healing)

Honestly imagine Tank+RDM+BRD+ is all you really need, adding more than that is just to make things safer/faster. Emp am3 DDs aren't required they just speed things up.

- Buff up, RDM or SCH accession enthunder

Pull mobs to corner, sleep them, start on manta. Kill mobs on top of the boss.

4x debuff + silence on boss then engage mob, Only WS on manta and only during mighty strikes. Auto attack only on everything else.

Every time you pull a new mob wait for the boss to bubble armor and repeat the 4x debuff + silence before engaging, Keep new mobs dispelled clean

Mobs respawn after a period of time, usually by the time you are killing the second monk mob, the manta respawns, so don't keep pulling mobs, just wait for respawns.

When it comes time to resleep the mobs at the starting corner, the rdm or sch can petrify them to wake them and keep them CC so the brd can re-lullaby without them moving.

Repeat all of above until boss dies.

Honestly wouldn't be suprised if with current gear some BIS meta setups can kill two mobs within one silence/bubble armor recast speeding this up from the last time. But bad groups can take as long as they want as long as they stick to the points above.
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-07-06 13:55:24  
V1 can be quickly obtained using Proto-Waypoint to SSG and walking out of Mythril Door then heading south to Gold door (entering via Gold Beastcoin).
By joemamma 2021-07-12 12:26:11  
Asura.Emba said: »
V1 can be quickly obtained using Proto-Waypoint to SSG and walking out of Mythril Door then heading south to Gold door (entering via Gold Beastcoin).

There is a unity warp that takes you right to key item also.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-07-12 14:42:37  
Is Bubble Armor on a timer? I'm 5-boxing normal, but it feels like he is using Bubble Armor in under 30 seconds of silence being landed. The RDM part of this seems like it needs full attention which is bad news for multi-boxers. Unless I'm missing something with how Bubble Armor is triggered?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-07-12 15:02:27  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Is Bubble Armor on a timer? I'm 5-boxing normal, but it feels like he is using Bubble Armor in under 30 seconds of silence being landed. The RDM part of this seems like it needs full attention which is bad news for multi-boxers. Unless I'm missing something with how Bubble Armor is triggered?

The MB has a debuff wipe/cleanse so yes the RDM role is intensive this month.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-12 15:30:11  
So two things you can try.

The songstress has regain and enthunder removes tp on the normal mobs. So you can try to melee the bard with enthunder it'll do zero damage bit if it eats the tp it's worth.

Or try mews or blu tp steals.

Don't know if any will work or not.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-07-12 15:40:57  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So two things you can try.

The songstress has regain and enthunder removes tp on the normal mobs. So you can try to melee the bard with enthunder it'll do zero damage bit if it eats the tp it's worth.

Or try mews or blu tp steals.

Don't know if any will work or not.

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably try the BRD enthunder suggestion. I was wondering what the point of enthunder was, but now I know!
By joemamma 2021-07-12 15:45:38  
Yea I've tried on D / VD not very fun.