Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 198 199 200
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 20:59:53  
NYT: Second Whistleblower that corroborated initial account considers coming forward

I'll post the daily beast link, because the NYT is probably behind a paywall. Anyways, all the attacks on the credibility of the initial WB have failed, and now this second one might have more information. Remember, we already have the transcript of Trump pressuring the Ukraine to investigate the Bidens, his political opponent. Then we have the text messages expliciting setting up a Trump sit down in exchange for starting an investigation for Trump. So, press on. Keep investigating.
By Eboneezer 2019-10-04 21:00:25  
Viciouss said: »
lol, we have a transcript of Trump asking the Ukraine to investigate the Bidens, and offering US resources to do it, repeatedly. Then we have Trump asking China in the WH lawn to investigate the Bidens. He is specifically saying the Bidens, his political opponent.

He also points to the fact that he is bragging about questionable activities. Asking to investigate the circumstances is not illegal. It isn't pressuring anyone to do anything. Just because the man is running for President now, doesn't mean he didn't do anything illegal in the past or free from investigations. It also doesn't mean that the request for the investigation has anything to do with getting dirt, when the entire conversation was on past corruption and questions regarding past money they received. Seems reasonable to investigate where that money went before we give any more.

Meanwhile, we have no evidence of any of the conspiracies nausi and Saevel have put out there. There is no evidence the Dems helped the WB write the complaint, zero. There is no evidence Joe Biden walked away with millions from China, zero. There is no evidence of any Biden crimes, zero. Yet I don't see you asking for them to post any sources?

Would you agree that there should be an investigation?
By Eboneezer 2019-10-04 21:01:03  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I have posted evidence.

Well it wasn't posted in this thread. Wherever you posted evidence, please present it here. I'm very interested in reading it
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-04 21:01:25  

What more do you frelling want?
By Eboneezer 2019-10-04 21:04:07  
Nausi said: »
"Hi NYT, second whistleblower here. Im just sending you this email because i just wanted to let you know that i was considering being a whistleblower."

Hey, third whistleblower here, I just read an opinion piece linked from ffxiah.com that quoted a text of someone else's opinion on what happened. So I have first hand knowledge of what went down and feel like the POTUS should be impeached.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 21:05:41  
Eboneezer said: »

Would you agree that there should be an investigation?

An investigation into what? There is no evidence of actual wrongdoing. So far, everything Giulani has brought forward has been fabricated. The video in question has been factchecked, and debunked. Biden is taking too much credit for ousting that corrupt prosecutor, that reminder, the GOP, the Dems, the UK, the Germans, the IMF, all wanted fired because he was corrupt as ***. His account of sitting there and getting them to fire the guy or he wasn't releasing the money has been deemed false. There is nothing to investigate, for the Ukraine or China.
By Eboneezer 2019-10-04 21:06:32  
You do know what an opinion piece is, right? Someone's opinion isn't evidence. And someone's text of THEIR opinion on why Trump is withholding money....also not evidence.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 21:08:32  
You do know what an opinion piece is, right? Someone's opinion isn't evidence. And someone's text of THEIR opinion on why Trump is withholding money....also not evidence.

And we will continue investigating the money. So far, all the explanations have been debunked. It wasn't being held up by the Pentagon, they cleared it in May. There were no corruption concerns. It wasn't being held up because Europe wasn't paying enough into the Ukraine, because they have actually paid more. It was being held up by Trump, because the Ukraine wasn't doing what he wanted them to do.
By Nausi 2019-10-04 21:09:03  
Biden is on tape bragging about his own corruption. And the crime in question would be extortion. Biden extorted Ukraine into ignoring his son's company by threatening to withhold billions, and it's hard to imagine he could have done that without the knowledge and approval of Obama. We do have evidence of that. We have Biden on tape bragging about doing it.

Trump not only has a personal interest in investigating that corruption, but he has an executive interest as the president of the united states to investigate on behalf of the American people.

Vuc is arguing that Biden should be above investigation and the law.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-04 21:12:30  
I would be surprised if Trump was the one who called the NYT claiming to be the 2nd whistleblower. Forcing libs to pour gasoline on this hoax before he lights a match.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 21:17:10  
Biden is on tape bragging about his own corruption. And the crime in question would be extortion. Biden extorted Ukraine into ignoring his son's company by threatening to withhold billions, and it's hard to imagine he could have done that without the knowledge and approval of Obama. We do have evidence of that. We have Biden on tape bragging about doing it.

Trump not only has a personal interest in investigating that corruption, but he has an executive interest as the president of the united states to investigate on behalf of the American people.

Vuc is arguing that Biden should be above investigation and the law.

Regurgitating the same conspiracy theory over and over doesn't make it any more truthful.
By Nausi 2019-10-04 21:39:05  
Aoc now trying to pull a hairpin turn and declare that INPEACH is boring.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2019-10-04 21:41:52  
And we will continue investigating the money.

Cool, let us know when you get evidence of anything important.

everything Giulani has brought forward has been fabricated.

Kind of a general statement. What specifically has been fabricated? You can downplay his admission from the video all you'd like. Shokin's sworn statement, and any evidence he can present, should at least be investigated.

Lutsenko says he believes Hunter Biden received millions of dollars in compensation from Burisma. We should at least find out why he believes that and decide if it should be investigated further.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 23:08:16  
And we will continue investigating the money.

Cool, let us know when you get evidence of anything important.

everything Giulani has brought forward has been fabricated.

Kind of a general statement. What specifically has been fabricated? You can downplay his admission from the video all you'd like. Shokin's sworn statement, and any evidence he can present, should at least be investigated.

Lutsenko says he believes Hunter Biden received millions of dollars in compensation from Burisma. We should at least find out why he believes that and decide if it should be investigated further.

Shokin was a corrupt as *** prosecuter that everyone in the West wanted fired, even his own office personnel was resigned because they knew he was dirty. So of course he will sign any document Giulani puts in front of him. No one is going to investigate anything because those two got in a room and made up some ***. Giulani has made up a bunch of ***about money transfers, investments, yada yada yada. He hasn't brought forth a sliver of credible evidence of any wrongdoing, and the only reason he was in the Ukraine was to fabricate exactly that.

Hunter Biden received millions of dollars in salary from Burisma. We know that. So what? Whats the crime? He got paid as a member of the board. We know his monthly salary, we know how long he was there, add it up, it results in millions of dollars. Why should that be investigated?
By Eboneezer 2019-10-04 23:30:37  
Hunter Biden received millions of dollars in salary from Burisma. We know that. So what? Whats the crime? He got paid as a member of the board. We know his monthly salary, we know how long he was there, add it up, it results in millions of dollars. Why should that be investigated?

Because he has no credentials to hold the position, nor make that kind of money. It's a very reasonable question of conflict of interest and trading. Hunter has said he never discussed Burisma with his father. Then contradicts that statement in an interview with The New Yorker. Government watchdog groups from different countries have expressed concerns. Shokin was allegedly a corrupt prosecutor, but if he has evidence of any wrongdoing in a case that already looks suspicious enough, it should be investigated...especially if it sheds light on any possible corruption from our government.

Just remember, Trump has been accused and has released everything asked to prove his innocence. He challenges his accusers every day, all day. Biden, who is on video claiming to do what Trump is being accused of, is attempting to silence everyone and deflect. I would just like to see just as much of an investigation go into him. We are after the truth, right? Or is it true that no one is allowed to investigate Democrats?
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 23:51:39  

Because he has no credentials to hold the position, nor make that kind of money. It's a very reasonable question of conflict of interest and trading. Hunter has said he never discussed Burisma with his father. Then contradicts that statement in an interview with The New Yorker. Government watchdog groups from different countries have expressed concerns. Shokin was allegedly a corrupt prosecutor, but if he has evidence of any wrongdoing in a case that already looks suspicious enough, it should be investigated...especially if it sheds light on any possible corruption from our government.

I asked what the crime was, you didn't list one. Hurt feelings is not a crime. Not having credentials to serve on that board doesn't make it illegal to serve on that board. Everyone has acknowledged, both now and then, that it was a conflict of interest. Not a crime. No evidence has been brought forth of any wrongdoing by either of the Bidens. Giulani went over there to dig up dirt, he didn't find any, so he made it up. The lies get bigger everyday. Trump was warned that Giulani didn't have anything, he never should have gotten involved.

Also, Trump has hardly released everything that has been asked of him. After releasing the damning transcript, he has gone right back to stonewalling and outright lying. His tantrums have been great.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-05 02:24:18  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
No, I was asking for evidence. Not an opinion piece of a text of someone else's opinion. We have transcripts of phone calls. We have secret witnesses. There were numerous people that were actually on the phone call that never found the need to start an inquiry. I'm interested in actual evidence that Trump withheld foreign aid to force the Ukraine into opening an investigation into corruption.

There's a whistleblower. Said whistleblower has no malicious intent and the information he gave was trustworthy according to the IG. Now there's an impeachment inquiry due to what has been reported bu the whistleblower. Tons of subpeona are coming and we'll get the big picture eventually.

"Show me evidence now" is just stupid, it's going done in a couple of months before we have a definitive answer.

I can't wait to see Rudy under oath. The stress will make him say even more crazy stuff.

Ehh that's not what the IG said, not at all.

*puts on black belt in administrative violence*

The IG said the complaint was valid, meaning the witness didn't lie or have malicious intent. That's no where near the same thing as the witness's interpretation of the events being accurate. The former just indicates that there is a need for a investigation, which there was. The later can only be determined by an investigation, which did occur and was determined not to be illegal activity.

And no there is no impeachment inquiry, it's something the Democrats invented for CNN. An official impeachment inquiry requires the resolution to be in front of the house for debate and a vote taken, which only requires a majority. That would then generate a congressional panel, represented by both parties, that could call witness's and so forth. That hasn't happened and instead we have Schiff's and Nadler's committee's acting independently from the rest of the house.

It's a smart tactic by Pelosi, she gets to pretend to do an impeachment with media attention without risking vulnerable Democrats by having them go on the record for voting.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-05 02:29:07  
Asura.Saevel said: »
That is just you attributing your own meaning and insinuating stuff without evidence.

Biden is on tape bragging about how corrupt he is. Trump has a duty to investigate that.

It doesn't seem to bother you too much, oh wait, left bad, where did the left touch you?

But let's be serious a moment.

It is a quid pro quo.

I disagree, there is no evidence that there was while there is evidence that there wasn't. All parties involved insist there was no quid pro quo and there is nothing contradicting anything they say.

Your attempts to turn public belief against a Presidential candidate for the 2020 election is blatant interference. So why don't you Canadian's stop campaigning for the Democrats and interfering in the US election.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-05 07:45:49  

Just remember, Trump has been accused and has released everything asked to prove his innocence. He challenges his accusers every day, all day. Biden, who is on video claiming to do what Trump is being accused of, is attempting to silence everyone and deflect. I would just like to see just as much of an investigation go into him. We are after the truth, right? Or is it true that no one is allowed to investigate Democrats?
of there is no corruption, why would Joe tank the investigation into his sons company?
By Nausi 2019-10-05 07:47:12  
That is just you attributing your own meaning and insinuating stuff without evidence.

Biden is on tape bragging about how corrupt he is. Trump has a duty to investigate that.

It doesn't seem to bother you too much, oh wait, left bad, where did the left touch you?

But let's be serious a moment.

It is a quid pro quo.

I disagree, there is no evidence that there was while there is evidence that there wasn't. All parties involved insist there was no quid pro quo and there is nothing contradicting anything they say.

Your attempts to turn public belief against a Presidential candidate for the 2020 election is blatant interference. So why don't you Canadian's stop campaigning for the Democrats and interfering in the US election.
The word favor specifically means a request that does NOT carry with it an obligation of reciprocity.

Lefties are just making everything up as usual.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-05 08:55:56  
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the recent stuff. I don't really watch the news, too much personal opinion interjected with random facts.

So is the question whether or not Trump/Giuliani requested the Ukraine and China to contribute negative information about Biden...or is the question whether this contribution would be considered right or wrong?
By fonewear 2019-10-05 09:20:46  

That is a common thing when people talk about politics.

People think opinions are facts facts are just things that get in the way of their personal worldview.

Liberals especially don't do well with facts.

A fact to a liberal is just something they agree with.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-10-05 09:25:19  
Most political articles don't rise about FFXIAH standard.

I don't like Trump...therefore impeach.

That is the type of "journalism" we have today. They use how the feel to project how you should feel about Trump.

They don't investigate they just write fluff pieces to give the readers what they want. Trump bad.

You reinforce that enough even the average joe six pack would hate Trump.

But when ask a liberal a simple question like. Why do you hate Trump....they probably deflect mock can't even get you a straight answer.

Hatred has replaced logic and reasoning. So there is no sense in reasoning with a liberal. The best thing to do is laugh at how outraged and hysterical everything makes them.

Crack a few offensive jokes and let the good times roll.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-05 09:48:33  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the recent stuff. I don't really watch the news, too much personal opinion interjected with random facts.

So is the question whether or not Trump/Giuliani requested the Ukraine and China to contribute negative information about Biden...or is the question whether this contribution would be considered right or wrong?

The objective is to make you think investigating the Bidens for his on tape confession of corruption amounts to an impeachable offense.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-05 10:59:54  

President Trump requested that the Ukraine government look into possible corruption from Biden's son.

Democrats are trying to say that President Trump was withholding military aid from Ukraine if they didn't do his request.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-05 11:15:59  

President Trump requested that the Ukraine government look into possible corruption from Biden's son.

Democrats are trying to say that President Trump was withholding military aid from Ukraine if they didn't do his request.

okay, that is making more sense to me now. So I take it The Ukraine and China have info showing corruption from Biden and his son? I guess it's a good idea to keep that corruption out of the White House come 2020.
By Viciouss 2019-10-05 11:23:33  

okay, that is making more sense to me now. So I take it The Ukraine and China have info showing corruption from Biden and his son? I guess it's a good idea to keep that corruption out of the White House come 2020.

No, they don't have any info on the Bidens, in fact the Ukraine gov't has completely cleared them. Trump made up a reason to investigate a political opponent for political reasons. No one is investigating the Bidens.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-05 11:34:53  

No, they don't have any info on the Bidens, in fact the Ukraine gov't has completely cleared them. Trump made up a reason to investigate a political opponent for political reasons. No one is investigating the Bidens.

Well now, if that is the case I guess Trump should be worried about those high crimes. According to the following government website, it is illegal to accept contributions from a foreign national "in connection with an election to any political office or in connection with any primary election, convention, or caucus held to select candidates for any political office."

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=title:52%20section:30121%20edition:prelim
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-05 11:39:46  
Well now, if that is the case I guess Trump should be worried about those high crimes. According to the following government website, it is illegal to accept contributions from a foreign national "in connection with an election to any political office or in connection with any primary election, convention, or caucus held to select candidates for any political office."

Trump never accepted any money from them. Past that the burden is on the accuser to show that some non-monetary contribution was both requested and delivered, which btw was at the center of the Russian Collusion investigation.

There already was a text message where one official asked about that and the response from the staff was that there absolutely wasn't any quid pro quo happening.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-05 12:09:49  
No one has alleged Trump accepted any money, the only question has been did he try to leverage foreign aid in exchange for a political favor. That question has not been answered, hence the inquiry.
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 198 199 200