COP Chapter 4 The Savage & The Secrets Of Worship - Siren

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » COP Chapter 4 The Savage & The Secrets of Worship - Siren
COP Chapter 4 The Savage & The Secrets of Worship - Siren
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-13 14:45:56  
Looking for a party to complete chapter 4 with.

I'm only doing this in order to let as much people know, as not everyone pays attention to the shout spam in whitegate.

I'm trying to get these 2 "intimidating" fights out of the way so I can be caught up with some linkshell friends.

If you need these missions or want to help me which many people did to get me this far please send a tell! /

For these two fights my jobs that I can be are RDM MNK and RNG.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-10-13 14:51:32  
Good luck. I finally completed 4-2 last week and half of 4-3 last night. I'll tell you now that the BLM burn (2-4 BLMs) is the way to go.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 14:54:55  
4-2 should be a joke. All of the fights in CoP that had items which could be used to affect the enemy were easy. My static never failed either of these fights when using the items.

(animas, yellow liquids, etc)
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-10-13 14:56:00  
Krizz said:
Good luck. I finally completed 4-2 last week and half of 4-3 last night. I'll tell you now that the BLM burn (2-4 BLMs) is the way to go.

BLM Burn is definitely sweet for this mission.
If you can get one together, that mean's you're going RDM.

DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE!!!!
My group a long time ago... actually DD'd it to death.
DAMN that was a ***.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-13 14:58:43  
Krizz said:

Yeah I know, but all I've been getting tells from were people with only DD jobs. I don't like turning down people for missions, yet I don't wanna waste gil buying 5/6 mistmelts. So I'm stuck waiting for people with smn or blm to help.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-10-13 15:05:36  
Eagleeyes said:
Yeah I know, but all I've been getting tells from were people with only DD jobs. I don't like turning down people for missions, yet I don't wanna waste gil buying 5/6 mistmelts. So I'm stuck waiting for people with smn or blm to help.

You'll need the Mistmelts regardless.
Even in a Sleep/Nuke set up, the second those nukes hit...he'll take off.
and you can't sleep him in the AIR! Someone will have to ground him.

BTW...
Eagleeyes said:
I'm trying to get these 2 "intimidating" fights out of the way so I can be caught up with some linkshell friends.

Why not ask those Linkshell friends to help you?
Not much of a friend if they wont help now... are they...
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-13 15:31:52  
Kuz said:
Eagleeyes said:

You'll need the Mistmelts regardless.
Even in a Sleep/Nuke set up, the second those nukes hit...he'll take off.
and you can't sleep him in the AIR! Someone will have to ground him.

BTW...
Eagleeyes said:

Why not ask those Linkshell friends to help you?
Not much of a friend if they wont help now... are they...

They're often busy. They helped before. and yes I know I need mistmelts I've already bought 6. I ment buying even more from failed attempts
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-10-13 15:36:21  
Eagleeyes said:
Krizz said:

Believe me, I understand completely. I leveled BLM from 40-50 in 4 days just for 4-2.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 15:44:59  
If more than just you need 4-2 then they need to provide also. Really if you get 3 BLMs then you just need 2-3 melts.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-13 16:12:35  
about how much damage does freeze deals to ouryu anyways.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-13 16:27:57  
Get 3 blm and like 5 Mist Melts and time nuke and the just rotate sleep starting of course with ES Sleep2. I just did this fight a month or so ago and it was pathetically easy with blm's. And I don't think that Blm get stoneskin by lvl 50 or any other good buffs so if your blm have /sch makes it so much haster and easier on MP. 50% MP on freeze is sweet.

If you can't find more than say 2 blm try to get maybe a pld that can just voke voke voke or maybe some sam's meditate 2 ws right at the start before ES sleepga.

**Side Note**
If I remember correctly they changed it and Ouryu can now be slept while in the air. Either way just have one of your nonblm ppl make a macro as soon as you see him fly hit the macro to bring him down.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 16:28:17  
I'm averaging ~720-740 per freeze. Takes about 6-8 Freezes to do the fight. This is to account for 1-2 resists.

I've done the fight trio(blmx2, whm/blm), full pt(samx2, pld, whm, blm, rdm: SAM meditate and ws after each freeze lands and sleep) and I've done it blmx3,rdm/blm.

I've failed first run because we went in to fight it like a normal pt.
 Unicorn.Cycl
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Cycl 2009-10-13 16:43:07  
Quote:
yet I don't wanna waste gil buying 5/6 mistmelts. So I'm stuck waiting for people with smn or blm to help.

If gil is the problem, these can be farmed, but aside the point, if your worried about spending 5-6k per melt now, and don't want to farm the special items yourself later, then you are looking at ~30k a pop for the CCB pumps on 6.4
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-10-13 17:01:51  
Cycl said:
Quote:
yet I don't wanna waste gil buying 5/6 mistmelts. So I'm stuck waiting for people with smn or blm to help.

If gil is the problem, these can be farmed, but aside the point, if your worried about spending 5-6k per melt now, and don't want to farm the special items yourself later, then you are looking at ~30k a pop for the CCB pumps on 6.4

10~11k on siren.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-13 17:46:40  
I'd also suggest bringing a WHM for Repose if you're short on BLMs--having a RDM or the BLMs Sleep/Sleep II/Sleepga allows for Ouryu to begin resisting Dark magic around the 4th sleep, I believe? Not entirely sure, but it helps! Also, yes, PLD for the hate build in case Ouryu wakes up and start smacking people around. Flash and Provoke even when he's asleep!