言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WhiteMage GearSets
WhiteMage GearSets
First Page 2 3
By DaneBlood 2019-02-27 07:46:33  
Since our nice guide at On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2) are no longer updated with current gearsets I Decided to make this little post for putting in optimal and El' cheapo gearsets.

This is also for debate about optimal/good gearsets so if you have a Gearset that you want to suggest, putt it in here.

-- Starting to update this again as some sets appears missing from from the V3 and the fact im borred at work

--- The Wardrobe ---

Cure are probably the most important gearsets so lets start with those

ItemSet 377736

ItemSet 365112
Stats:
Cure potency: 51
Cure Potency II: 16

Enmity-: 56
Conserve MP: 20 (that around 5% reduction in cost)
Haste: 20 ( not counting cape)
Fast Cast: 14 (not counting cape)
Spell interruption rate: -20

Cure to MP: 6%
Weather bonus: yes
Solace Boost : 24

Augments and swaps:

ItemSet 360041

Stats:
CurePot : 49
CurePot2: 7

Enmity: 31~35
Haste: 22
FastCast: 20

Weather: yes + 10%
Solace: +24

MP from cures: 6%
ConMP: 24 (~6%)
MP not depleted when used : 1%

Augment:
Head D: FastCast 10
Hands A: Cure Potency 7 Enmity 6
Feet A: Cure potency +7% Enmity -6
Cape : FastCast 10

where to get it

Some rotation/tweaks:

Cursna Sets
ItemSet 365323
No dual wield setup. I assume /sch here

Stats
AoE: Yes
Cursna Effect: +116%
Healing skill: +129
Haste:24
FastCast:17*
Enmity-: 3*
ConMP: 10

65.16% doom removal rate

* not counted in divine benison effect from WHM job nor yagrush

Augments:

Alternative pieces:

No Potency sets for spells that has a static potency or to fill in empty slots
ItemSet 377720
ConMP: 82
Emnity: 51~55
FC: 26
haste: 21

This is a recast focused No potency set. Very good for Arise
ItemSet 378526
FastCast 81 (80 if you just use Gadda)
Haste: 25
ConMP: 68

Due to rounding we are not fully capped on haste but pretty close. but i see no other slots to get haste from that would not have a negative effect on ConMP.
you can however replace tathlum with hasty pinion +1 to cap Haste with a 4ConMP loss
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-02-27 09:40:18  
I'd recommend not assuming the Adoulin ring. For a main account WHM, it's not really an option if they're serious about any other job, and even on my alts I'd generally rather use something else. At the very least give the alternative. Magnetic Earring is in the same boat, though that piece isn't offering anything as essential that needs to be made up for like the -enmity on Jann. ring.

I agree that Raetic should be considered in high end sets; given the cost of HQ Kaykaus head and feet, Raetic Rod +1 is just as attainable and the extra MP cost is not detrimental.

This is a suggestion for an easy weather cure set, with the goal of also capping -enmity:

ItemSet 365333

Path A for Vanya, essential for capping -enmity, and at least +6% cure potency augment on Gende. Caubeen +1, which caps at +8%. Gende. Caubeen +1 can be obtained with Kupon A-SYW, from the Intermediate>Skirmisher: Yorcia Weald RoE. Wailing Stones +2 are only 50k a stack on Asura currently, so it's a very affordable augment. Vanya Hood is an alternative, with path A, with +2 more enmity and around the same cure potency.

I jumped back and forth on the second earring and second ring. Without the earring and ring, cure potency is at a potential 50% with a perfect Gende. Caubeen +1 augment, or 49% with Vanya Hood, or lower with a less than perfect augment on Gende. Enmity is at -46, or -44 with Vanya Hood. With Prolix + Orison ear, -enmity is capped with the addition of the FC on Prolix, though Prolix is more expensive. The Unity ring, Mephitas's Ring, could potentially cap enmity without the earring, giving the option of Mendi. Earring or Roundel Earring.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-27 10:08:19  
ignore my stupid.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-27 10:36:02  
Chimerawizard said: »
DaneBlood said: »
Cursna Sets
ItemSet 365323
No dual wield setup. I assume /sch here

Stats
AoE: Yes
Cursna Effect: +116%
Healing skill: +129
Haste:24
FastCast:17*
Enmity-: 3*
ConMP: 10

65.16% doom removal rate

Thank you for pointing it out i will do some remath and change it
* not counted in divine benison effect from WHM job nor yagrush

Augments
Isn't that set Cursna Effect: 15+15+15+20+25+41+5= +136%
For ~71% success rate?

I just did a remath and i only see 116
neck 15
glvoes 15
ring1 20
ring2 15
back 25
legs: 21
feet 5
Total : 116

I noticed you wrote in 41 for what appears to be the legs. am i missing anything here ?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-02-27 10:46:57  
oshi, you're right. Could swear I read 41 there before.
not drunk, not high. Guess I'm just stupid. sorry.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-27 10:54:06  
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Nice! Love seeing more whm stuff! Raetic Rod +1 shouldn't be left out.

Im still stil tweaking my raetic set. will post once i get them.

I might look in to queller rod sets as well as they seem popular for some reason
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-27 11:17:37  
Asura.Finbar said: »
Raetic Rod +1 is just as attainable and the extra MP cost is not detrimental.
I'm gonna have to strongly disagree on this point. The extra MP cost is very relevant, especially considering WHM rarely has need to use a cure bigger than Cure IV without Raetic. Why do you need to spend extra MP to make your cures even bigger? Why not just use a bigger cure if and when you need a bigger cure?

Using Raetic encourages you to spend MP in fewer, larger chunks. The modern endgame is about constantly topping people off if you want to stay safe. People don't die from cumulative damage, they die from spike damage. I'll often blast Cure4 for 0HP just to give them stoneskin every time the previous stoneskin drops. That kind of play style just isn't sustainable with Raetic. I know some folks really love the Raetic+1, but my personal opinion is that it's just an epeen pump.

As for Gambanteinn, I afterglowed mine a while back and even added a toggle to my Lua to use it, but literally haven't used it once. I'm loyal to my Yagrush, 98% of the time that I cast Cursna I want it to be AOE. It's not like Yagrush fails to remove doom, it's been many years since the last time that happened to me.

So yeah, Gambanteinn and Raetic+1 definitely deserve a mention, but personally I think they're both overkill. (Which would be fine if they didn't come with significant down-sides.)
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-02-27 11:39:59  
First off, I'll admit I don't use Raetic; my investments go towards other jobs and other mythics at the moment, so I'm not spending a lot of gil on, as you just said, bigger cures. We can and do cap HP without it, I'd agree. That said...

I normally have over 1400 MP (Taru) virtually all of the time. I don't dip under 1000 MP unless I have to Curaga 3 bomb over and over or have to throw out a lot of raises. Raetic +1 is definitely an epeen pump, but damn it if WHM doesn't need a epeen pump. WHM is one of the most bland jobs in the game with very little to strive for, aside from those that risk being in the front line for a little DPS (sometimes that's fine, sometimes it's a risk).

The same thing can be said about our JSE neck. The +2 is one of the least important +2 necks out there, but hey, we can marginally improve our cure sets with it! I do have that and got it as a gift because everyone keeps coercing me to go WHM to Dynamis for the added security of a competent healer. It doesn't remotely matter, but it's just one of those things we get so that we can distinguish ourselves from the army of WHM bots. Hell, Yagrush actually IS useful, but I think 50% of my motivation was just to not feel like every other WHM.

Raetic +1, Gamba, JSE neck +2; it's all about the epeen, because after a point there's no other reason to play the job.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-27 11:51:25  
Just my personally feedback on raetic +1

i replaced my iriadal set with raetic +1 and made som minor adjustment ( om more conmp). but i can "Feel" (not emperical data) a diffrent in mp consumption. it drain me faster.

However this has just been on a "feel" basis and could simply be cause by other factors
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-27 12:11:49  
You make a lot of good points Finbar, and I'll admit I got a +2 torque too... I made myself feel better about it by reworking my fast cast set so I can convince myself it actually served a purpose. :) Recovered one inventory space in the process since it's easier to cap FC now. Yayz! 100m for 1 inventory space, is it sad that this is a good deal to me?
By Aerison 2019-02-27 12:24:33  
Anyone know the code to put a toggle for cursna yag/gam and also to determine if in gambanteinn mode with no strats to use yagrush?

edit: Also does the +10 solace on JSE cape out perform twilight cape when under solace/weather?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-27 13:07:28  
Aerison said: »
Anyone know the code to put a toggle for cursna yag/gam and also to determine if in gambanteinn mode with no strats to use yagrush?
My Lua has the first bit, if you're willing to find the bits and bobs to copy & paste into your Lua: https://pastebin.com/QFDNyyY1

Just do a search for "Gambanteinn" and it should show you all the relevant places, but there's no logic to auto-Accession or anything like that, it's just an on/off toggle. I'm very anti-automation when it comes to stuff like that. My stratagems are precious!

Aerison said: »
edit: Also does the +10 solace on JSE cape out perform twilight cape when under solace/weather?
I mean it's apples to oranges, but yes, I think the general consensus is that Alaunus is better than Twilight. You'll want to use Twilight in Curagas, though.
By Aerison 2019-02-27 13:24:18  
Apples to oranges? that doesn't make sense, question was which back piece was better under specific conditions, i.e. with solace up and weather either active or in zone.

Appreciate the response.
 Asura.Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-02-27 13:28:42  
Twilight Cape will win, but we're usually overcuring, so with anything that gives cureskin, it's better to use the thing that gives more cureskin, which is Alaunus with or without augments (preferably with). If you're riding Misery for Esuna or something, or using Curaga, Twilight (and Theo. Briault +3) wins.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-27 16:21:19  
It's apples to oranges because they serve totally different purposes.

In terms of pure damage recovered+prevented per MP spent, you can easily make a direct comparison.

For example in my situation, my regular cure build has Alaunus. So it gets +25% from weather with Chatoyant (on days other than lightsday and without double light weather), and 49% prevented by solace. They can be treated as separate multipliers so that's 1.25 * 1.49 = 1.8625 total multiplier from weather+solace, including damage blocked by cureskin.

If I were to change to Twilight Cape, it would be 30% weather bonus and 39% solace bonus. So 1.3 * 1.39 = 1.807 total multiplier.

By the numbers, Alaunus Cape is more efficient. However, this gets us back to the reason why it's apples to oranges. The comparison only works if you assume that every single cure hits for full potency (that you aren't overcuring ever) and that every cureskin is depleted from damage rather than wearing off on its own. It's a "perfect world" comparison, and we don't live in a perfect world. Every overcure reduces the value of Twilight Cape, and every cureskin that wears off on its own reduces the value of Alaunus's Cape.

Edit: Removed cure potency from the math because it's unnecessary for this comparison.
By eliroo 2019-02-27 16:41:04  
Where does the Cure +50 Come into the equation for the Raetic Rod +1? Is it before or after other % bonuses?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-02-27 18:13:36  
Before any multipliers, it's like the Afflatus Solace job points. Or another way of looking at it, if you're familiar with elemental damage equations, it's kind of like "magic damage+" for Cures.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [80 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-05-19 00:47:50  
How about enfeebling sets with current gear selection? Other useful sets?
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-05-19 01:11:30  
Asura.Yso said: »

Here's my enfeebling set,

ItemSet 366764

Not sure if there is anything better for neck/waist/ammo, just used what I had on hand really.

Change Kishar to Stikini if you need more M.acc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Claddy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Claddy 2019-05-19 01:35:42  
What is a good alternative for Adoulin ring for cure posted in OP?
By Wotasu 2019-05-19 03:10:28  
I use https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kuchekula_Ring
By Wotasu 2019-05-19 03:21:13  
Shiva.Applesmash said: »

Here's my enfeebling set,

ItemSet 366764

Not sure if there is anything better for neck/waist/ammo, just used what I had on hand really.

Change Kishar to Stikini if you need more M.acc.

Another option. A good augmented Gada also works.
ItemSet 366765
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-05-19 04:33:39  
How about some sets for turtling? DT/PDT etc.
By Wotasu 2019-05-19 06:55:15  
How about some sets for turtling? DT/PDT etc.

DT/PDT all not needed.
ItemSet 366767

Magic Evasion
ItemSet 366768
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-05-19 10:31:16  
Anyone mind posting their base Enhancing duration+ set(s). That's honestly my weakest set and wasn't sure which Alluvion pieces to prioritize first.
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-19 10:43:53  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Anyone mind posting their base Enhancing duration+ set(s). That's honestly my weakest set and wasn't sure which Alluvion pieces to prioritize first.

Gada augmented with Enhancing Duration +4-6
Ammurapi Shield
Telchine head-body-hands-legs
Theophany feet +2/+3 <- these are awesome

fill the rest with Enhancing Skill, or Haste/Fastcast (for recast).
Ultimately Enhancing Skill really only matters for Boost- and Bar- spells, tho for the latter you want a specific set rather than duration. Stoneskin also benefits from skill on paper, but in practice we cap naked, need specific pieces to increase it.

Order does not matter honestly, none of the pieces is any good anymore outside of augments. Legs might be decent if you melee with some specific augments (translation: don't bother), and body has Regen duration, but Relic body has a big chunk of Regen potency and it's preferable. Just get them in any order you can. Returner Campaign is currently active, which means that if you already have an Echad Ring, you have gotten a Red Mog Pell on login today: change it for Mellidopt Wings and use them to get all your Telchine - one red pell gives you enough mellidopt to get head-hands-legs-feet. You'll get another Red Mog Pell in two weeks, if you need more Mellidopt.

Btw, did you move? Haven't seen you on Cerb in a while, I thought you deactivated.
By Wotasu 2019-05-19 10:52:09  
Theophany Duckbills +3 vs Telchine Pigaches with 10%, theophany have more duration even tho the stats says the same %.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-05-19 11:50:52  
Lili said: »

Gada augmented with Enhancing Duration +4-6
Ammurapi Shield
Telchine head-body-hands-legs
Theophany feet +2/+3 <- these are awesome

fill the rest with Enhancing Skill, or Haste/Fastcast (for recast).
Ultimately Enhancing Skill really only matters for Boost- and Bar- spells, tho for the latter you want a specific set rather than duration. Stoneskin also benefits from skill on paper, but in practice we cap naked, need specific pieces to increase it.

Order does not matter honestly, ... body has Regen duration, but Relic body has a big chunk of Regen potency and it's preferable. Just get them in any order you can.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I was overthinking it a bit.

Lili said: »
Btw, did you move? Haven't seen you on Cerb in a while, I thought you deactivated.

Took a break, also been neck deep with real life though I am on.
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-19 14:42:47  
Wotasu said: »
Theophany Duckbills +3 vs Telchine Pigaches with 10%, theophany have more duration even tho the stats says the same %.

That's because duration that is native to gear is a separate term from augments, and they multiply each other.

10% on 5/5 Telchine, plus 5% on Gada = 55%
Ammurapi shield = 10%
Total multiplier = 1.55 * 1.1 = 1.705
Haste 3min (180s) -> 5min 6sec (306s)
Protectra 30min (1800s) -> 51min 9sec (3069s)

10% on 4/5 Telchine, plus 5% on Gada = 45%
Ammurapi shield + Theophany feet +3 = 20%
Total multiplier: 1.45 * 1.2 = 1.74
Haste 3 min (180s) -> 5min 13sec, (313s)
Protectra 30min (1800s) -> 52min 12sec (3132s)

The difference is not enormous, but AF feet +3 also have Enhancing Skill (good for Boost-, Bar-, Phalanx, etc), are an amazing Enfeebling piece (skill + a buttload of Magic Accuracy and MND), and let you skip the augment roulette for that one slot. 10/10 would reforge again.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I was overthinking it a bit.
Took a break, also been neck deep with real life though I am on.

You're welcome! Yeah it turns out this one specific set is much easier to build gradually than it might seem.
Hope you're doing well, glad you're not gone. Take care.
[+]
First Page 2 3