users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 97 98 99
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-22 23:36:18  
I think a RDM is pretty much a must on a wildfire/trueflight strat design for wave 3- Frazzle 2 has a very high land rand with good gear for those highly resistant mobs where Frazzle 3 is more hassle than the mob lives for.

You didn't mention it because you primarily mentioned the buffs you were using vs the enfeebles applied, but could some of that variance in Trueflight numbers come from when Malaise was on or off? If you're going /drg using kclub, yes you're giving up a lot of macc in that set in weapon slots- but its been shown that people are overcoming it with really solid buff/debuff setups. Your set could just be on that line where malaise landing takes a non resist rate from 20% to 80%, and early Trueflights landing before the bubble was active on the mob might make your gear macc feel weaker than it really is.

From what you describe it sounds like your buffs and macc should be workable, and that only leaves enfeebles- primarily Malaise and Frazzle. Another thing to consider on some of the wave 3 NMs is a smartly timed Rayke/Gambit with Lux Runes by your RUN. If you're using the aforementioned wildfire/trueflight setup you may fight a little with your CORs for what element hehe :)
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 04:29:39  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Your set could just be on that line where malaise landing takes a non resist rate from 20% to 80%

Malaise has nothing to do with resists tho. Was you talking about Languor?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-23 05:02:35  
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Your set could just be on that line where malaise landing takes a non resist rate from 20% to 80%

Malaise has nothing to do with resists tho. Was you talking about Languor?

derp. yeah man. I'm losing it these days, need fresh air lol :)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 08:54:37  
Good Morning all! Wave 3 question.

If our PT is COR COR RNG RNG GEO (WHMorSCHorSMN). Which is better?

boost-agi and aurorastorm from the WHM?

adloquim and aurorastorm2 from the SCH?

aurorastorm and fenrir/shiva buffs from a SMN?

Idea is to make the party static. Bard will swap in for 4songs. We don't have the members for swapping others.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
サーバ: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-23 09:01:12  
I said a couple times that I only tested it during wave 1 and wave 2. Never wave 3. Only person I've heard use it in wave 3 was Ejinn, but he was doing naegling/kc. Idk how his acc was vs su5 mobs. But that evidently worked for him. Mainhand kc in wave 3 might not be very good. Right now we mainly farm wave 1 and 2 and get wins for other jobs. Once that settles I'd like to test it in wave 3.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-23 09:04:29  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good Morning all! Wave 3 question.

If our PT is COR COR RNG RNG GEO (WHMorSCHorSMN). Which is better?

boost-agi and aurorastorm from the WHM?

adloquim and aurorastorm2 from the SCH?

aurorastorm and fenrir/shiva buffs from a SMN?

Idea is to make the party static. Bard will swap in for 4songs. We don't have the members for swapping others.

I asked this question before. Thorny said if all ranged jobs are mythic users and not using something like aeonic guns. Then smn should pull ahead as smn/sch. Aurora storm, crystal blessings and Shiva's favor.

The reason I was asking was because my last LS didnt like moving players around. People dropping and coming into to buff. It became to hectic for some players and made things unenjoyable
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 09:15:37  
OK. trying to maximize these fetters. They are taking forever to kill.

How do you guys do them? We essentially swap to savage blade and sac them. Still don't have alot of time -.-

4song bard buffs doing agi/agi/march/prelude for halphas and then swapping to madrigal/march/minuet/minuet for fetters?

3 geos comes, 2 of which are idris
rdm with very good gear

Our savage blades on fetters are still like 15-20k lol. Is that right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2020-03-23 09:24:14  
Odin.Bluemule said: »
Just out of curiosity how much M.Acc is needed to not get badly resisted on Wave 3.

Current trueflight set has ~+180 M.Acc currently, obviously better herc augs should help, but even with Warlocks Roll, Entrust Focus, and Aurorastorm (only from sub SCH), Quick/Swift Etude, M. Stewpot, I was getting bad resists. I don't think Frazzle was being put up so I know that will help but what else can I do. I hear people talking about how good this setup is but just struggling to see how to get to that point.

Was RNG/DRG w/ K. Club and was doing between 2k to 35k trueflights and everything in between. Would /NIN be better to rock at least one malevolence?

I'm not sure what the threshold is. I can say with max buffs, that I no longer see resists with my current set. (lots of 99k TF's)

I typically swap out Carmine+1 hands for Herc Hands (25 macc 35 mab), and one Malevolence for Tauret.
I end up with 337 magic accuracy from gear + weapons + ammo.

perfect samnuha - 38 macc
gorget +2 - 25 macc
HercHead - 22 macc
HercHand - 25 macc
weatherspoon - 10 macc
belenus - 20 macc
herclegs - 35 macc
hercfeet - 52 macc (42 DM / 10 base)
malevolence - 25 macc
tauret - 40 macc
gastra - 30 macc
quelling - 30 macc

If you add in Malevolence + Tauret's magic accuracy skill. (201 + 250) The total is 788 for me.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 09:33:56  
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Just out of curiosity how much M.Acc is needed to not get badly resisted on Wave 3.

Current trueflight set has ~+180 M.Acc currently, obviously better herc augs should help, but even with Warlocks Roll, Entrust Focus, and Aurorastorm (only from sub SCH), Quick/Swift Etude, M. Stewpot, I was getting bad resists. I don't think Frazzle was being put up so I know that will help but what else can I do. I hear people talking about how good this setup is but just struggling to see how to get to that point.

Was RNG/DRG w/ K. Club and was doing between 2k to 35k trueflights and everything in between. Would /NIN be better to rock at least one malevolence?

I'm not sure what the threshold is. I can say with max buffs, that I no longer see resists with my current set. (lots of 99k TF's)

I typically swap out Carmine+1 hands for Herc Hands (25 macc 35 mab), and one Malevolence for Tauret.

gorget +2 - 25 macc
HercHead - 22 macc
HercHand - 25 macc
weatherspoon - 10 macc
belenus - 20 macc
herclegs - 35 macc
malevolence - 25 macc
tauret - 40 macc
gastra - 30 macc
quelling - 30 macc

If you add in Malevolence + Tauret's magic accuracy skill. (201 + 250) The total is 788 for me.

Which particular mobs? I see 99k's on regular mobs quite frequently. What about NMs and fetters?
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 09:38:46  
Wait... you were mainhanding old kclub? If so that’s your resist problem right there.

You need to equip the highest Macc skill wep you can for dyna or you will get resisted.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 09:51:27  
This is my current TF setup.

ItemSet 371903

When we move onto fetters... I just swap kclub into offhand. LRing and Body can prob be updated.

Suggestions?

Question: Can anyone share WS numbers they've seen on fetters with trueflight and savage blade (rng pls).
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-23 10:59:13  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
Wait... you were mainhanding old kclub? If so that’s your resist problem right there.

You need to equip the highest Macc skill wep you can for dyna or you will get resisted.

You're about 10 pages behind in reading. Came in to solve the puzzle but failed lol.

@kaldaek not sure what your savage blade set looks like, but also haven't done it that way to know what they look like. I know trueflights kind of suck on most of the fetters though. Guy in my last LS did a few 60k+ jinpus on a few of them. No way I can remember which ones anymore though :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2020-03-23 10:59:16  

gorget +2 - 25 macc
HercHead - 22 macc
HercHand - 25 macc
weatherspoon - 10 macc
belenus - 20 macc
herclegs - 35 macc
malevolence - 25 macc
tauret - 40 macc
gastra - 30 macc
quelling - 30 macc

Which particular mobs? I see 99k's on regular mobs quite frequently. What about NMs and fetters?

I don't see 99k on fetters. I think elemental affinities differ between them too much to really get a feel for avg dmg. 30-70k sounds about right.

99k on volte NM and megaboss is very common. x3 geo, x2 run, rdm (sometimes two). My party is always geo, brd, cor, cor, rng. (last spot varies). Always have storms from /sch.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 11:09:58  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

You're about 10 pages behind in reading. Came in to solve the puzzle but failed lol.

@kaldaek not sure what your savage blade set looks like, but also haven't done it that way to know what they look like. I know trueflights kind of suck on most of the fetters though. Guy in my last LS did a few 60k+ jinpus on a few of them. No way I can remember which ones anymore though :/

Not really considering the quote literally said rng/drg using kclub, and a few pages back I had seen people posting sets mainhanding kclub...
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 11:17:44  

gorget +2 - 25 macc
HercHead - 22 macc
HercHand - 25 macc
weatherspoon - 10 macc
belenus - 20 macc
herclegs - 35 macc
malevolence - 25 macc
tauret - 40 macc
gastra - 30 macc
quelling - 30 macc

I don't see 99k on fetters. I think elemental affinities differ between them too much to really get a feel for avg dmg. 30-70k sounds about right.

99k on volte NM and megaboss is very common. x3 geo, x2 run, rdm (sometimes two). My party is always geo, brd, cor, cor, rng. (last spot varies). Always have storms from /sch.

What are your main/sub weps when you do NMs/mega?

Just saw Malev/tauret.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-23 11:19:04  

Not really considering the quote literally said rng/drg using kclub, and a few pages back I had seen people posting sets mainhanding kclub...

That's funny. You just skipped over all the other posts where it doesn't matter. I farm wave 1 and 2 with literally not one resist with hundreds of trueflights and that's with KC main/drg. Properly buffed and geared you dont need ilvl weapons. That's the whole point of this discussion and testing a new strategy. You just walk in the end and act like you solved the riddle. Well, ***, guys. He's right. We're so stupid. Go put on mal daggers, duhhhh.

Wave 3 is entirely different. But from the sounds of it, the new people testing are getting more buffs. Testing with more geos. Shouldn't be resisted with all those geo buffs.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 11:24:41  

Here is my savage blade. Herc has str/acc/att/wsd on it.... Easy enough since I play cor alot, they share gear.

ItemSet 371905

Here is my TP phase.

ItemSet 371906
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 11:31:59  

That's funny. You just skipped over all the other posts where it doesn't matter. I farm wave 1 and 2 with literally not one resist with hundreds of trueflights and that's with KC main/drg. Properly buffed and geared you dont need ilvl weapons. That's the whole point of this discussion and testing a new strategy. You just walk in the end and act like you solved the riddle. Well, ***, guys. He's right. We're so stupid. Go put on mal daggers, duhhhh.

Wave 3 is entirely different. But from the sounds of it, the new people testing are getting more buffs. Testing with more geos. Shouldn't be resisted with all those geo buffs.

just as reference..

Idris geo - malaise/focus/acumen (cor/rng party)
Idris geo - languor/focus/mnd (extra party)
tank geo - does tank things.
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 11:53:14  
just as reference..

I think the big part of high damage tf on NMs and Fetters might be Rayke, Threnody and Gambit.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-03-23 12:02:42  
Kaldaek, do you not have the domain invasion arrow with 20% wsd and 10str? That's what really put ranger into the savage blade slot. It was good. But with cor buffs, it beats out cors savage blades.
I'd have the geo change from malaise to AGI bubble on NMs. Which I think su5 count as one of the NMs? I'd imagine fetters too.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 12:49:41  
Kaldaek, do you not have the domain invasion arrow with 20% wsd and 10str? That's what really put ranger into the savage blade slot. It was good. But with cor buffs, it beats out cors savage blades.
I'd have the geo change from malaise to AGI bubble on NMs. Which I think su5 count as one of the NMs? I'd imagine fetters too.

840/1000

I joined the DI bandwagon late sir....
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 12:50:02  

just as reference..

I’m gonna have to call BS on that claim of no resists, considering I generally run double rostam cor with DP and still get occasional resists on wave 1 stats and mob with salute. And man that’s a lot of extra Macc buffs that would not be needed if you used Macc skill wep in mainhanding anyways... but w/e play as you want but don’t go yelling at me for pointing out the obvious, sorry for raining on your parade but when shits obvious and no one is talking about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , don’t need to start off as a *** about it.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 12:51:59  
Don't Quote me into that nonsense. I'm having an entirely different conversation that you/him are.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 12:57:47  
Hit wrong one sry, also if you want MA wep in mainhand I would instead recommend Atoyac as it at least gives you Macc skill.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 13:07:16  
Hit wrong one sry, also if you want MA wep in mainhand I would instead recommend Atoyac as it at least gives you Macc skill.

For me personally... Im planning to tauret/malevolence or malevolence/kclub depending pew pew or melee TF.

In terms of savage blade id like to naegling/kclub
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 13:17:27  

You have no idea what are you talking about. Macc caps at 95%. You can be 200 macc over cap with your DP setup on COR and still hit resist occasionally, but it wont be the effect of not having enough magic accuracy.

The whole point of using Kclub is insane tp generation. If you wont try it yourself, you probably wont be able to understand the difference. Unless maybe if you play SAM, then imagine SAM tp generation on RNG.

That being said I would probably go hybrid and offhand kclub, instead of main handing it as /drg. I cant really imagine how many buffs you would need to have good acc on melee hits with just kclub on some wave 3 mobs. Its low accuracy even with +50 from dagger and much better accuracy set than posted above. But then again if you sack everything and just kill fetter than maybe its viable, but i dont feel like optimizing for killing fetters is that much needed. They are weak and fast to kill. I suggest using full melee buffs and savagr blade spam them tho. If you really want to TF them then use RUN for Rayke and Gambit and threnody/frazzle them.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 13:27:04  

You have no idea what are you talking about. Macc caps at 95%. You can be 200 macc over cap with your DP setup on COR and still hit resist occasionally, but it wont be the effect of not having enough magic accuracy.

The whole point of using Kclub is insane tp generation. If you wont try it yourself, you probably wont be able to understand the difference. Unless maybe if you play SAM, then imagine SAM tp generation on RNG.

That being said I would probably go hybrid and offhand kclub, instead of main handing it as /drg. I cant really imagine how many buffs you would need to have good acc on melee hits with just kclub on some wave 3 mobs. Its low accuracy even with +50 from dagger and much better accuracy set than posted above. But then again if you sack everything and just kill fetter than maybe its viable, but i dont feel like optimizing for killing fetters is that much needed. They are weak and fast to kill. I suggest using full melee buffs and savagr blade spam them tho. If you really want to TF them then use RUN for Rayke and Gambit and threnody/frazzle them.

That's the plan. Building the savage set naegling/kclub. i've already done a run this way, accuracy wasn't a problem with the buffs.. Need that 20WSD arrow :P
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 13:35:30  

I’m glad you agree the statement of no resists with truflight was inaccurate. In the case of Kclub, no I haven’t tried it as if I’m going to be meleeing anyways I’m not gonna go rng >.>, in the case of TP generation (basing this off cor melee as I don’t melee on rng) there has never been an issue of generating tp too slowly as long as you have capped haste. Again play the way you want to but don’t yell at me for pointing out the obvious...
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-03-23 13:38:19  

I’m glad you agree the statement of no resists with truflight was inaccurate. In the case of Kclub, no I haven’t tried it as if I’m going to be meleeing anyways I’m not gonna go rng >.>, in the case of TP generation (basing this off cor melee as I don’t melee on rng) there has never been an issue of generating tp too slowly as long as you have capped haste. Again play the way you want to but don’t yell at me for pointing out the obvious...

You don't like the idea of nasty trueflights/ then swapping to melee for some things too?

This would benefits the cors to pew pew and melee... especially if they dont have the option to come RNG.

Most people can savage cor, not many can savage RNG (atleast on fenrir)
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-03-23 13:53:13  

You don't like the idea of nasty trueflights/ then swapping to melee for some things too?

This would benefits the cors to pew pew and melee... especially if they dont have the option to come RNG.

Most people can savage cor, not many can savage RNG (atleast on fenrir)

Is your overal DMG output higher than RAing and coronach/LS spamming?
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 97 98 99