I Wanna Be Runfencer !

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » I wanna be runfencer !
I wanna be runfencer !
 Asura.Nifnif
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nifnif
By Asura.Nifnif 2018-12-01 07:53:03  
Hello everyone,
so like the topic said "I wanna be Runfencer" ! I asked few ppl and read lot of topics, and everyone is ok to say run is an awesome tank and an awesome dps !

so here I am, paper tank and poor dps !!!!
I figure I need epeolatry to be such an awesome tank and the lionheart to be such a dps...

but how ? Im returning player, woth a friend, since 1/2 month ago. Do I need to lvl another job to gear up my run ? if so , wich one ?
is Run this awesome or should I leave this idea far behind me ?

My friend is smn, what job do you think I should play to let us go further in the game, to be able to gear up both my Run and his Smn ?

Im on Asura, feeling that all you need is gils, for JP or Gear, all is merc... But whatabout ppl playing "old ways" ?

thx everyone !
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-01 08:12:09  
Grab an Aettir for tanking and a Montante for DPS, and start building your gearsets out. As long as the content you are doing matches your gear and JP progression level you will be fine.

Lower tier Ambuscades are a good place to start, and Zitah and Ruann T1s.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-01 08:14:29  
welcome back start here

runeguide

returning

if you take your time, progress slowly, steadily and in a logical order you don't need to buy gil or clears.

there is a huge amount of game to play in an immense world to discover. take your time, good luck have fun.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-01 09:23:49  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
Grab an Aettir for tanking and a Montante for DPS, and start building your gearsets out. As long as the content you are doing matches your gear and JP progression level you will be fine.

Lower tier Ambuscades are a good place to start, and Zitah and Ruann T1s.
This, mostly.

Except JPs, they are less important when it comes to RUN specifically, if you can spend your time getting gear, do so instead. However, make sure to get JPs once you have a comfortable self SC set, it's a lower priority but still is one.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-12-01 09:52:13  
Direct benefits of Job Points for RUN may not be huge, but Gifts are.

While tanking is largely dependent on what you can do yourself - gear, self-buffs, etc, DD is highly reliant on external buffs.

If you aren't finding RUN to work well for lower tier progression stuff, you might consider BLU or another light DD that shares a fair amount of gear with it. Personally, while I have them geared to a similar level, I tend to use BLU over RUN for lower tier things.

That said, I CP'ed RUN with one of my alt's SMN, and set up for that for Geas Fete stuff and the like sometimes. The two jobs do work well together, even if you're not a great DD yourself, since it just takes opening SCs for their avatar. Ideally you would want a GEO or perhaps a COR as well (I usually use my third on GEO if setting up for that). You don't really need to do a different job if you don't want to.
[+]
 Asura.Nifnif
By Asura.Nifnif 2018-12-01 10:00:18  
thx everyone, that's all I need to read ^^

another questions now, for you, what gear should I need to focus getiing first ? Im doing af/relic/empy +1 obviously, but what gear, for you, makes a gap between before have it , and after ?

agin, thx alot !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-01 10:07:21  
Asura.Nifnif said: »
what gear should I need to focus getiing first ?

it's in the guide.

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Except JPs, they are less important

this may be the dumbest advice ever given on this forum [-]

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Gifts are.

exactly, you won't be able to hit jack ***when you get to the geas fate nms without the accuracy gifts.

jp are easily duo'd and you should master run before you try to get an aeonic....or you'll get stuck on the 135s and end up begging/buying help
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-01 10:26:39  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Except JPs, they are less important

this may be the dumbest advice ever given on this forum [-]
Oh look, it's Nikolce quoting only half of a statement and sharing his bad mood.

How have you been, I thought you'd have grown out of this angry teenager act by now.

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Direct benefits of Job Points for RUN may not be huge, but Gifts are.

While tanking is largely dependent on what you can do yourself - gear, self-buffs, etc, DD is highly reliant on external buffs.
Absolutely.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-12-01 10:50:11  
another questions now, for you, what gear should I need to focus getiing first ? Im doing af/relic/empy +1 obviously, but what gear, for you, makes a gap between before have it , and after ?

Try to get your Ambuscade sets if you don't have them. Both Ayanmo and Meghanada are solid hybrid options, and can have other benefits (Ayanmo legs for fast cast, Meg hands for WSDMG, etc). They aren't all you'd ever want or need (lacking in MEVA for instance), but you'll get a lot of use out of them on RUN or any other job that can use 'em.
Capes are also a big improvement over other options, so, it's worth putting the time in there.

Carmine(+1) head/legs/feet may also be an early target, particularly for boosting fast cast sets.

Aettir also, as mentioned, augmented. Lots of ACC, and it remains your best MEVA option.

You may also want to spend vouchers/login points/etc on Taeon Phalanx sets or whatnot as you need.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-01 10:51:18  
thx everyone, that's all I need to read ^^

agin, thx alot !
Rune AF/Relic/Empyrean armor is the core of virtually every defensive set/ability you use so keep working on those. I would honestly focus on getting all three sets (preferably 119) before genuinely taking anything on.

As Sidra said, get an Aettir as soon as possible. It will carry you a LONG way as a tank! A Macbain from Alluvion Skirmish is a good holdover on the DD side until you can get your hands on a Montante. (Personally I think Macbain is better but it's largely dependent on augments)

Oh yeah, Kylos has been writing up an elemental defense refenece guide so to speak for RUN, so feel free to check that out as well. Good luck friend!
 Asura.Nifnif
By Asura.Nifnif 2018-12-01 11:31:36  
thanks everyone !
Im about having all af 119 so far, missing 2 heads only.
Got the aettir augmented too.
I have full meghanda +1 set.

so I guess I just have to be patient and go on, cause it seems Im on the right way ^^

see ya in game ^^
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-01 11:45:57  
How have you been, I thought you'd have grown out of this angry teenager act by now.

I'm super, thanks for asking.

I went from angry teen to grumpy old douche without ever skipping a beat.

And I've had it up to my eye teeth with people asking for help BEFORE they have done anything in logical steps to improve their situation on their own. It's called being carried. I play this game to have fun, not lug a bunch of dead weight, want to start at the end instead of the beginning, lazy, cry baby, participation trophy getting, handout waiting for, gil buying, content skipping, non guide reading, emotionally unstable, lazy half wits.

it's all right there in black in white in the guide that OP should not be asking other people to read for him. SO YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!

YouTube Video Placeholder