users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » September 2018 Version Update
September 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-10 01:11:16  
Where the hell do you even get the starter items to begin the process for gathering points? Mask of Darkness? Doesn't even tell you how to get it aside that it's from Dynamis-D. Is it a random drop? Is it received after beating all wave 2 bosses? Need some clarification.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-09-10 01:12:00  
I had thought they initially said that damage done by your alliance/group would count towards everyone's totals.

But that was weeks ago.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-10 01:12:29  
Gonna throw an educated guess: You get it from encountering the Wave 3 boss. They did say you would need to "meet" the Wave 3 boss during the livestream a couple of weeks back even if you've already killed him.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-10 01:13:34  
I for one, look forward to capping 20 jobs worth of JP to unlock (probably) a single weapon. Just to begin the process of getting RP, which i'm sure will not be easy, and not cheap if tradable/auctionable.

No idea what they were thinking, and I hope the JPs backlash as much as I think they will because we all know gaijins opinions don't matter.
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2018-09-10 01:14:50  
it does seem that the jp route is only for one weapon
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 01:16:05  
Do you really think they're gonna give a ***, to be brutally honest?

The goal of OMEN was to take 2 years.

The goal of Dienamis was to take 2 years.

This seems right on track for them.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-09-10 01:16:15  
Ruaumoko said: »
More thoughts...

From how it's worded it seems that it doesn't matter what job you're on for the Dynamis Wave 3 clear, only the zone matters. You will get the KI when the MB is defeated even if you didn't deal damage, which is a real bone thrown to mages. Having said that, your group better be able to actually defeat the MB otherwise your mages went all the way out there for nothing.

I am fairly confident the in game tracker is going to track alliance damage to the boss rather than just reward the 4~ people coming on DD for already coming on the most fun role.. However they have done some dumb stuff in the past
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 01:16:32  
Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I really don't see the logic in the 700 a week lock out.

That's excessive, even for square logic excessive.
I can see the 700 limit being raised in a future patch, it seems like such an odd number. Fully capping out a job twice in a week is 1000 points, which is why I'm surprised it wasn't that.

I really, really hope it does. Otherwise it becomes the next coalition lockout scenario, but far more impactful.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-09-10 01:16:39  
Sp 10,000 JP is to only upgrade 1 weapon where getting the key item from killing the wave 3 boss is permanent for any weapons of that type? Ugh....murder there.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-10 01:17:01  
When I see this Job Points requirement I feel pretty relieved I'm on a "dead" server, as there'll always be somewhere decent to CP. Also I can CP on what I like, instead of having to form the party around the one job. Might even level BLM because of this .. thanks SE lol. Gives us something to do.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-10 01:17:03  
Bismarck.Vize said: »
why arent the augment paths for the REMA's listed under new items to each weapon there is only 1 path for each of those they should be laid out clearly -_-

the dynamis weapons i understand there is multiple paths but the REMA's only have 1 path

Quote:
Note regarding Augments:

Augments on weapons have always been server side, but we do have a list of all potential augments in the game. I will make a note on the BGWiki page listing all new Augments.

The new augments might not be in the .DATs at all, and there is no way to associate them with each weapon via the .DATs. Unless SE straight up tells us what is on each weapon, we will need to use our best guesses based on the Scythe pictures they have already released.

are you really this illiterate
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-10 01:19:40  

*Any damage inflicted prior to this version update will also be counted toward the cumulative total. If you have already met the conditions above, your Mask of Darkness will transform into the corresponding Mask of Light upon receiving it.

This is insanely relieving
[+]
 Odin.Spoiled
サーバ: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-09-10 01:20:50  
Anyone remember how hard Lamia Ambus is?
By Justuas 2018-09-10 01:21:00  
I really don't see the logic in the 700 a week lock out.

That's excessive, even for square logic excessive.

I know their(and your rationalization) yes, I'd rather bot 10k jp in one week. And yes, it's totally doable. But 3 months is pretty insulting.
The logic is to prevent people like you to bot the whole progress in one go and invade all the camps.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 01:21:25  
Odin.Spoiled said: »

pets only, because it is literally impossible without.

Charm city.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-10 01:21:58  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50210/ambuscade-volume-1-discussion-january-2017/
 Lakshmi.Igadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-09-10 01:22:26  

pets only, because it is literally impossible without.

Charm city.

SMN burn ALL the things

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-09-10 01:24:03  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Gonna throw an educated guess: You get it from encountering the Wave 3 boss. They did say you would need to "meet" the Wave 3 boss during the livestream a couple of weeks back even if you've already killed him.

*Players can acquire these items along the way to their confrontation with the Wave 3 bosses.

You're more than likely right about encountering the boss. Their ambiguous note reads as if it could be from fetters or volte mobs too.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-10 01:26:14  
The way I'm reading this is .. you either beat the wave 3 boss and get one weapon done (after getting the 30m HP thing), or you need 10,000 JP at the 700JP a week rate to get the same effect.

Those in the best dyna-D groups will get theirs done quickly enough (in a week or two?), while the rest will have to set up a tent in Dho/Moh Gates for a few months. Seems about right either way.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 01:27:52  
On the bright side

You can literally not ever, even attempt to say "there's nothing to do" You'll be getting JP for the next 10 years if you own some rema.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-09-10 01:28:13  
DirectX said: »
Also if you don't have to kill the bosses and only have to deal damage to them, why bother to kill fetters? You could fight them at 80-100% HP while intentionally curing them with skillchains and keeping them in easy mode to hit 30M damage?

Maybe that's what they were intended for?

Asura.Hrohj said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The way I'm reading this is .. you either beat the wave 3 boss and get one weapon done (after getting the 30m HP thing), or you need 10,000 JP at the 700JP a week rate to get the same effect.

Those in the best dyna-D groups will get theirs done quickly enough (in a week or two?), while the rest will have to set up a tent in Dho/Moh Gates for a few months. Seems about right either way.

"After defeating the Wave 3 boss, or when the cumulative damage you have inflicted exceeds 30,000,000 HP, the aforementioned key items will transform as follows..."

Oh that's not too bad then. At least it doesn't exclude those groups who have yet to beat wave 3s completely.
 Lakshmi.Igadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-09-10 01:28:15  
HAHA the "I've wasted more of my life on this game than you for longer therefore I know better" card. Get real. Get a life.

No he's right. Asura *** blows.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-09-10 01:28:26  
Asura.Topace said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50210/ambuscade-volume-1-discussion-january-2017/

Ahhh! The fun PUP ONRY Ambuscade! Count me in! Master PUP here and after I re-suscribe and update several months worth of updates, I'm available for PUP style mayhem!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-10 01:29:37  
Also if you don't have to kill the bosses and only have to deal damage to them, why bother to kill fetters? You could fight them at 80-100% HP while intentionally curing them with skillchains and keeping them in easy mode to hit 30M damage?

Don't the fetters grant a -DT effect to each boss?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29