Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-12 15:05:03  
DirectX said: »
Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Once full it changes into a light mask. You trade an Afterglowed weapon that matches the mask you have earned to Oboro, and there you go, you can now augment using Crystal Of Swart Astral Detritus.
So you lose the mask when you trade it once? So if you had 2 Aeonics you would need to kill Jeuno boss >> upgrade one with white mask >> get another black mask, upgrade to white and then trade for 2nd Aeonic?
It works like Ou. If you have multiple clears and trade in a weapon, you lose all the KI's. Also, your airship pass, for some reason.
 Asura.Splendid
サーバ: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2018-09-12 15:15:07  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
So having ANY Mythic/Ergon equipped in the proper dyna zone during wave 3 will earn credit for that entire category, and its damage dealt by the alliance (so support jobs don't get screwed..an Idris GEO can earn credit for their Burtgang and Death Penalty while wearing the Idris for example.

This isn't correct. You don't need to wear anything specific to gain credit for unlocking the augments. It's based solely on alliance damage dealt to the boss.

There's a lot of confusion about these augs. It's easier to think of it as two entirely different systems, one for RMEA and one for Dyna gear.

Unlocking RMEA Augs: Requires either 30m damage on the wave 3 boss of a weapon's given zone (Jeuno for Aeonic, Bastok for Mythic/Ergon, Windy for Relic, Sandy for Empy) or by progressing thru the 10k JP hoops. Speak to Oboro to begin the JP steps, or speak to him after completing your Light Mask and trade your weapon to begin augmenting.

Unlocking Dyna Gear Augs: Just trade the Dyna weapon/neck to Oboro and choose your path, nothing else needs to be done, except (probably, I dunno) having visited Dyna D before.

RP for RMEA: M. Astral and S. Astral crystals from Omen and Dyna only. Trade them to Oboro along with your weapon to apply their value.

RP for Dyna Gear: Killing mobs in Dyna-D zones while wearing the gear (will split the RP between weapon and neck if you have both on) or trading Oboro Heroism Crystals along with the piece of gear. FWIW, a wave 3 boss clear that wasn't optimized for wave 1 and 2 trash provided the first 12 ranks of a neck. The augment items for Dyna gear largely just feels like an option for those that don't Dyna or those who want to augment gear for a job they rarely get to take. You'll cap out a piece of gear within 3 full runs with ease.

Really stinks for REMA. I wonder why they couldn’t just allow us to generate RP for REMA the same way Divergence gear is generated.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-12 15:33:55  
It seems like nobody could verify that it works like Ou. There's only been one chance to obtain a mask since the patch hit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-09-12 15:34:16  
Observations from today's Dynamis run:

wave1 fodder = 10 points for neck/dynamis weapons
wave2 = 20
wave3 = 30, 50 for higher level mobs, 0 from fetters/aurix

terrifying part was the end, talking to oboro he will only ask you about any rmea you have, just say yes. it has no influence on what you can trade after, and you can trade multiples. the only part I don't understand is why even after clear do you get a second mask KI and it earns points. will update more after our next run on saturday.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-12 15:37:36  
So that when you're done augmenting your current weapon you can start augmenting a new one is my guess. If you can use a mask for RP that would be great too.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-09-12 15:49:56  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
Observations from today's Dynamis run:terrifying part was the end, talking to oboro he will only ask you about any rmea you have, just say yes. it has no influence on what you can trade after, and you can trade multiples. the only part I don't understand is why even after clear do you get a second mask KI and it earns points. will update more after our next run on saturday.

Nothing to be terrified about. You don't lose your mask of light. The mask of darkness returns and you earn points back. Cap it out again and receive a free large crystal. Kill a fetter to get it back, repeat. There's some goofiness the first run because if you killed the boss enough and had an overflow of credit from damage to the boss, you received your mask of darkness, lost it, and gained the mask of light on the first fetter. You then got a mask of darkness again on another fetter, followed by losing it and getting a crystal on the next if you've killed the boss enough.

A LS member ran into an issue today when trying to get his Aeonics flagged for augs. He had the mask of light and was acknowledged by Oboro as being capable of augmenting, but he couldn't figure out how to get him to aug his weapon. Turns out, you can't trade a murky crystal, it has to be a swart crystal.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-09-12 15:50:55  
^you're right, nothing to be terrified about but it seemed that way initially as I stated.

You can augment multiple RMEA simultaneously. One clear from dynamis-jeuno and I'm able to augment Fomalhaut and Lionheart
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-12 16:18:18  
^you're right, nothing to be terrified about but it seemed that way initially as I stated.

You can augment multiple RMEA simultaneously. One clear from dynamis-jeuno and I'm able to augment Fomalhaut and Lionheart

smart man.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-12 16:39:12  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Observations from today's Dynamis run:terrifying part was the end, talking to oboro he will only ask you about any rmea you have, just say yes. it has no influence on what you can trade after, and you can trade multiples. the only part I don't understand is why even after clear do you get a second mask KI and it earns points. will update more after our next run on saturday.

Nothing to be terrified about. You don't lose your mask of light. The mask of darkness returns and you earn points back. Cap it out again and receive a free large crystal. Kill a fetter to get it back, repeat. There's some goofiness the first run because if you killed the boss enough and had an overflow of credit from damage to the boss, you received your mask of darkness, lost it, and gained the mask of light on the first fetter. You then got a mask of darkness again on another fetter, followed by losing it and getting a crystal on the next if you've killed the boss enough.

A LS member ran into an issue today when trying to get his Aeonics flagged for augs. He had the mask of light and was acknowledged by Oboro as being capable of augmenting, but he couldn't figure out how to get him to aug his weapon. Turns out, you can't trade a murky crystal, it has to be a swart crystal.

Yeah I like that it still gives something to those who might of already got the unlock, gives incentive to help others get their unlocks.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 19:02:40  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Testing Physical Damage Limit + using DRK +2 neck (rank 11, +4%).

Capped PDIF, capped fSTR, Earth Staff, no neck: 159-167
Capped PDIF, capped fSTR, Earth Staff, Neck: 165-173

Uncapped PDIF (735 attack vs level 80 Gigas Hurler), capped fSTR, Earth Staff, no neck: 78-106
Uncapped PDIF (735 attack vs level 80 Gigas Hurler), capped fSTR, Earth Staff, neck: 77-106

The differing lower bound is simply because I didn't bother to kill 50 gigas to find the true lower bound in both cases.

So, it looks like it's a straight increase to the pDIF cap. This means that it starts increasing damage at:

One-handers: >2.875 cRatio
Two-handers: >3.375 cRatio
H2H: >3.125 cRatio
Markshamship: >3.125 cRatio
Archery: >2.875 cRatio
were you using that addon that combines a combat round's damage into one total number?
No. I used battlemod to scan the mobs' levels, but turned it off before I engaged.
I find it very interesting that you're hitting 6 damage more than me at capped ratio and fstr then. I'm using a mahogany staff, which is also base 30 damage, and smacking level 1 mobs to guarantee I'm capped. All of my values are between 153 and 160. my crits are also within expected ranges of 194 and 204 with my highest at 203. this would also suggest your damage is floored before you multiply by the random 1 to 1.05, so how are you hitting 167?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-12 19:11:23  
Don't know, maybe Saurumugue Skinks have something odd about them. If you're bothered by it, I'll test on something else sometime.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 19:12:25  
but you tested on gigas? and yes I'm bothered by it, because it pretty much invalidates any testing you've done if you're lying about results with known values
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-12 19:13:48  
Gigas were for the uncapped part of the test. Also, lol at lying. I have literally no reason to lie, considering I'm sure that lots of partially upgraded damage limit necks will be around soon to be tested.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 19:20:29  
6-7 damage is quite a bit out of range of values you should have, which is why I initially asked if you used the windower addon that combines damage since I don't have much knowledge of it as I use ashita. the values you're posting also seem to fall in line with what a lot of people think the ranges should be, when they're not.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-12 19:31:07  
I was also confused by the results. The numbers did not quite add up to my expectations (3.75 * (30 + 11)) * (1.0~1.05) = 153~161. I think there might be some species term in there for blunt? idk. I don't think it invalidates the testing though unless you think he's lieing. Despite the reason he's getting slightly higher numbers than expected, we still observe about a 4% increase in overall damage.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-12 19:35:25  
I'll try on something else tomorrow with screenshots if you are bothered by it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 19:36:44  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I was also confused by the results. The numbers did not quite add up to my expectations (3.75 * (30 + 11)) * (1.0~1.05) = 153~161. I think there might be some species term in there for blunt? idk. I don't think it invalidates the testing though unless you think he's lieing. Despite the reason he's getting slightly higher numbers than expected, we still observe about a 4% increase in overall damage.
it seems like floor(41 * 3.75) * 1.05 is correct, I've yet to hit 161 and topped off at 60. Same for my crits being floor(41 * 4.75) * 1.05 since I haven't hit 204 but 203 a good amount of times. and unless raptors take less than 5% blunt damage extra, I doubt it, which is why I asked about the windower addon.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-12 19:41:09  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Once full it changes into a light mask. You trade an Afterglowed weapon that matches the mask you have earned to Oboro, and there you go, you can now augment using Crystal Of Swart Astral Detritus.
So you lose the mask when you trade it once? So if you had 2 Aeonics you would need to kill Jeuno boss >> upgrade one with white mask >> get another black mask, upgrade to white and then trade for 2nd Aeonic?
It works like Ou. If you have multiple clears and trade in a weapon, you lose all the KI's. Also, your airship pass, for some reason.
I thought the KI was permanent and you could upgrade weapons in a category as you go. This is crazy - is it the same with the JP method? Make 1 in 14 weeks and then you can make another in another 14 weeks?
It seems like nobody could verify that it works like Ou. There's only been one chance to obtain a mask since the patch hit.
I feel like I'm on crazy pills.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-12 19:44:16  

What other gear were you using?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-12 20:04:27  
I thought the KI was permanent and you could upgrade weapons in a category as you go. This is crazy - is it the same with the JP method? Make 1 in 14 weeks and then you can make another in another 14 weeks?
I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

Yes the mask KIs are permanent. You lose the 1st Dark Mask when it upgrades to Light and get it again when you kill another fetter. You do not lose the Mask of Light KI after you start upgrading RMEA.

My theory is each time you kill the mega or deal 30M damage to fill the meter, it rewards you with a M. in personal which would explain why we randomly saw it after killing 2nd fetter and why it gives you a Dark Mask KI again after you already have Light.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 20:30:52  
I went out and hit sauromugue skinks and within 2 hits already had numbers below your range.
By Aerix 2018-09-12 21:06:47  
I went out and hit sauromugue skinks and within 2 hits already had numbers below your range.

Were you still using Mahogany Staff or did you use an Earth Staff like Geriond? Might be that the Elemental staves have something that could affect the results of the damage calculation, even if the base DMG is identical.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 21:24:02  
with auto attacks? no
By Aerix 2018-09-12 21:28:59  
with auto attacks? no

Elemental staves might have a hidden Weapon Rank bonus compared to other weapons.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 21:37:18  
no earth staff on ah, so used an ice staff. first hit 160, second 157. second is below his lowest already
By Aerix 2018-09-12 21:39:18  
no earth staff on ah, so used an ice staff. first hit 160, second 157. second is below his lowest already

Then I'm stumped, as well. Unless Smite V from his DRK99 increases fSTR cap and not just Attack, but that seems unlikely.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-12 21:47:40  
changed to drk, first hit 156. if it raised cap to even get one base damage, my lowest hit would be 157.

floor(41 * 3.75) = 153
floor(42 * 3.75) = 157
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 27 28 29