フォーラム » FFXI » General » August Ambuscade Volume One
August Ambuscade Volume One
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Igadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-08-08 05:20:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just want people to at least ATTEMPT to figure out the mechanics.

before lolsmnburninitagain

"hey, we found a way that works reliably with a near 100% win rate!"

You: NO! *** DO IT ANOTHER WAY! RAWWWWWR!

It's almost as if you are an SE employee.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 09:08:21  
No where near 100%. I joined ranger only shouts. failed it 5 or 6 times straight. cannot break the shield. so try again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-08 09:43:20  
You can probably do this with a bunch of PUPs as well cycling Overdrive. Summoner group works also. All-BST Unleash Tegmina Buffet spam?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-08-08 19:06:38  
A tip for positioning that my group uses is to pull to the wall on your right 20ish yalms ahead from where you enter similar to how you set up for a cleave, with the tank's back against a halfpillar sticking out from the wall, so they're kinda wedged in place.
This gets all the imps in front so RUN can parry them all, also entrust barrier at the start and they hit for like 0-4 damage.
Also when the tank runs in they do some self ja like vallation and everything like the imps stick to the tank without issue and never come after ranged dd.

Personally not a fan of smn burns, but had much smoother runs without shield bs using ranger+non conduit smn versus arma ranger+ dp cor getting some bad luck with double shield.

smn just using ramuh bps to sc with a ranger to make quick work of all the imps and as a backup shield buster with its pacts is just smoother.

Woulda been fun to try a manawall tank strat like the goblin ambu if not for the eventual full dispel move from the flayer.
 Bahamut.Badstreak
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Streak
By Bahamut.Badstreak 2018-08-08 19:18:26  
Did this a few times last night. I was RUN/BLU but we also had a PUP as a secondary tank.

I held the imps while the puppet held the Soulflayer far away and DDs killed imps one by one. They died horribly and hit for zero on the Soulflayer.

Being a lot sturdier than the BLU and having Lionheart, I let the PUP keep tanking and I acted as the sole DD against the soulflayer.

My observation is that the shield is Phalanx of 1200 or so. Shield down my hits were around 2000 each. Shield up, aroun 800. After a dozen or so rounds of hitting for 800 per swing the shield would break and my damage would increase again.

Needs more testing with other two handed DD.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-08-08 20:28:10  
Yes RUNs can evade it
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-08 22:37:34  
YouTube Video Placeholder

I'd really like to see if melees could do this but the sheer amount of AoE Dispel, not to mention head AoE Blue Magic from the Soulflayer, leads me to believe it's not possible... productively.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 22:53:32  
Realistically, it's not... at least not efficient in any way.

Tried a normal just for lulz, its just miserable. Like ridiculously miserable.

Hold the flayer and pick imps off one by one, then full magic turtle (or use all RUN DD I guess) don't bother with cor/brd go 2 GEO maybe. Still the issue of the shield being ridiculous.
By Afania 2018-08-08 23:15:48  
Ruaumoko said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

I'd really like to see if melees could do this but the sheer amount of AoE Dispel, not to mention head AoE Blue Magic from the Soulflayer, leads me to believe it's not possible... productively.

Thanks for the vid. How difficult it is to main heal ranged setup without WHM cureskin? Looking for ways to swap in more acc buffs for 1450 VD acc requirement, thinking of swapping out WHM for RDM (for distract3) or swap out WHM for BRD(for prelude x2) and make BRD or RDM main heal.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-08-09 00:19:18  
mhomho said: »
Remedy took off the Bio in the VD run last night. Is it not standard to have these things with you already?

Since when does Remedy remove Bio? Or do you mean Panacea?
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-09 00:58:28  
Some dudes said they did this with BLU + THF but said it's very annoying. Definitely not the path of least resistance.
By Afania 2018-08-09 03:27:46  
Afania said: »

Thanks for the vid. How difficult it is to main heal ranged setup without WHM cureskin? Looking for ways to swap in more acc buffs for 1450 VD acc requirement, thinking of swapping out WHM for RDM (for distract3) or swap out WHM for BRD(for prelude x2) and make BRD or RDM main heal.

Answering my own question....appearantly BRD GEO can main heal VD...that makes best setup tank, Range DD x2 (+1 SMN) or 3, GEO, BRD.

I highly suggest people go with a BRD if you can, racc is too valuable in VD.

If you roll without SMN, rogues roll is a good idea to break shield.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-08-09 04:27:05  
Has anybody gotten Lullaby to stick on adds? I soul voiced + nitro + full macc set and got full resists each time. Maybe my BRD just sucks but it was very strange to see full resists after multiple trials.

For what it's worth, Sheep Song apparently DOES work, but Sheep Song and Lullaby have different properties w/r/t resistance.

EDIT: Just tried on VE and BRD sleep got resisted. Repose and Sheep Song were fine. Guessing that they all have high Resist Sleep

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist_Sleep

^ which, according to this page, doesn't account for Sheep Song or Repose
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2018-08-09 05:31:20  
Was able to do it with RUN SAM BRD GEO COR WHM. Killed the imps quickly, but it's RNG with the full dispel and when you get full dispelled it's aids. Buffs were March x2 Madrigal x2 Samurai, Allies Attunement, Vex, Entrust Frailty. It was fun, but like I said it's aids when you get hit with that full dispel. TP spikes are lame also lol. I'll post the clip from my stream when I get a chance.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-09 08:41:08  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Has anybody gotten Lullaby to stick on adds? I soul voiced + nitro + full macc set and got full resists each time. Maybe my BRD just sucks but it was very strange to see full resists after multiple trials.

For what it's worth, Sheep Song apparently DOES work, but Sheep Song and Lullaby have different properties w/r/t resistance.

EDIT: Just tried on VE and BRD sleep got resisted. Repose and Sheep Song were fine. Guessing that they all have high Resist Sleep

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Resist_Sleep

^ which, according to this page, doesn't account for Sheep Song or Repose
I've been told the imps are immune. They've resisted my Nitro Sleep also and my set is by non means horrible.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2018-08-09 17:29:44  
Just in case anyone was wondering bind works really well on this NM. Did VD last night with PLD RDM(/WHM) GEO(/WHM) SMN COR RNG. We struggled for most of the clears because of difficulty positioning the tank + mobs and having GEO RDM be also out of range of the full dispel.

Ended up on a smooth, but bit slow strategy where the tank would run in and I would saboteur bind the NM and then the tank would just take the imps to one of the pillars. Everytime bind would wear I would just rebind it and the tank would take the imps to the other pillar, ping ponging til all the imps were dead. When it's just the Soulflayer left it's way easier to manage killing it.

GEO helped a lot removing debuffs while I focused on curing/keeping people buffed. Sleep can also land with immunobreaks (can take a lot of tries) or stymie. Bind never resisted for me so seemed rather easy to stick it and the NM seems to have no regain or long reaching spells so it just sits there for most part. Took about 10 mins to clear.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-09 17:35:25  
Is there a reliable method outside of SMN to take down 2nd shield? On some runs last night with RNG,COR,GEO,BRD,WHM,RUN, things moved quite smoothly on all runs except one where we left the 2nd shield get up and it was just hell for the next 8 minutes and 6%. Had to resort to back to back wildfires for pittance damage to whittle him down.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-09 18:58:30  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Is there a reliable method outside of SMN to take down 2nd shield? On some runs last night with RNG,COR,GEO,BRD,WHM,RUN, things moved quite smoothly on all runs except one where we left the 2nd shield get up and it was just hell for the next 8 minutes and 6%. Had to resort to back to back wildfires for pittance damage to whittle him down.

Build a critical build on your RNG/COR and use it while the single shield is up. I did several runs last night with pickup groups (RNG RNG COR GEO WHM PLD). I was the only RNG with the critical hit build (mummu body/hands/legs +2, oshosi feet +1, 10% crit back and begrudging ring) and it was enough to remove it fairly quickly before it got the chance to promote.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-09 21:00:33  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Build a critical build on your RNG/COR and use it while the single shield is up. I did several runs last night with pickup groups (RNG RNG COR GEO WHM PLD). I was the only RNG with the critical hit build (mummu body/hands/legs +2, oshosi feet +1, 10% crit back and begrudging ring) and it was enough to remove it fairly quickly before it got the chance to promote.

Heh. Trust me I've got a crit build for AM3 for my Arma and Gandiva, and ripped out the Arma for when that double shield went up. Like I said, every other run we quickly got rid of the first shield so it never promoted...not looking for "just prevent it from promoting" answer, was hoping we as a community had a way to deal IF the 2nd shield becomes active.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-09 21:15:31  
That second shield.... just don't let him put it up...

Nothing but smn seems to break it or do damage at all as far as I've tried
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-09 21:21:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That second shield.... just don't let him put it up...

Nothing but smn seems to break it or do damage at all as far as I've tried

Figured that was the answer, but a man can dream, can't he?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-09 23:08:19  
So just finished this a few times on VD using the SMN SC method. At first I also thought there was no way DDs were going to survive. But after reading that the NM can be bound I started to wonder if BLUs could win VD. Bind the NM as someone mentioned earlier and take out the imps AWAY from the NM.

If the NM is in any way similar to the Reisenjima counterpart then Sudden Lunge might work well against his spells even delay him until Azure Lore wears. Maybe Malaise and Languor along with COR MAcc/Acc rolls could influence whether the effects land.

EDIT: How does Requiescat do against the shield?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2018-08-09 23:33:05  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
So just finished this a few times on VD using the SMN SC method. At first I also thought there was no way DDs were going to survive. But after reading that the NM can be bound I started to wonder if BLUs could win VD. Bind the NM as someone mentioned earlier and take out the imps AWAY from the NM.

If the NM is in any way similar to the Reisenjima counterpart then Sudden Lunge might work well against his spells even delay him until Azure Lore wears. Maybe Malaise and Languor along with COR MAcc/Acc rolls could influence whether the effects land.

I would imagine for a melee method you would need DDs that have a high crit set to swap into for shield breaking when it's put up. The full dispel would still be super obnoxious though to say the least.
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-08-09 23:43:19  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Cerberus.Boogs said: »

I would imagine for a melee method you would need DDs that have a high crit set to swap into for shield breaking when it's put up. The full dispel would still be super obnoxious though to say the least.

Crit method seems to work, but I cannot help but wonder if there is some other gimmick like a specific WS (hence my reference to Requiescat). Does something like Spirits Within (and similar) bypass shields?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8