users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » KSNM30 for Destroyers
KSNM30 for Destroyers
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-10-06 12:41:01  
I'll be hitting 73 on my MNK today after i do a couple more campaign battles when i get home from work. I'm really looking forward to getting Destroyers, but i was told MNKs aren't very good for those. I'm looking for anyone to either help me with a run in which case i'll bring the orb and you can anything that drops besides Destroyers, or a group tha is already planning a run that wouldn't mind alliancing with me and letting me lot Destroyers. if you can help, reply here, send me a PM on here or /tell ingame. i should on around 2pm pst.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-06 12:47:30  
MNK not good for any KSNM30?

whaaaaaaaaat.

Grab some friends and do some Royale Ramble runs, just ask if you can lot Destroyers if they drop.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-06 12:49:26  
Nightfyre said:

whaaaaaaaaat.

Grab some friends and do some Royale Ramble runs, just ask if you can lot Destroyers if they drop.

This, RR is really really easy, you can in fact do w/ 5 ppl, I do Pld Dd/nin x3, whm/rdm/sch and a smn. PLD voke's King of Cups, SMN Takes Queen of Cups(1 on left) SMN CAN Solo w/ Fenrir, DD kill Queen of Batons as PLD kites King, You can either kill the SMNs one or kill King, I generally kill SMNs solo so he can assist on King, Very easy KSNM.
 Remora.Beltenebros
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Beltenebros 2009-10-06 13:06:45  
As the other two have suggested, Royale Ramble is the way to go because it's simple and incredibly profitable (*everyone* will make at least ~180k or whatever the going price for O. Ingots on your server is).

Our usual group was NIN/WAR, DDx3, WHM/SCH and RDM/WAR (for voke-kiting the queen of cups. Our RDM loved going /WAR for the lulz) SAM can go /WAR /DBC /RNG or /DRG if you trust them (SE&TE can absorb Bludgeon more efficiently than Shadows) I'd recommend having at least two vokes from the DDs since Deal Out can cause issues for the main healer if you choose to go with a similar party setup.

Average clear time for us was about 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-10-06 13:44:45  
Could also do Copycat KS30. Not as profitable and just as easy with the right setup.

Last time I did CC the setup was PLD/NIN, SAM/THF, BLU/NIN, MNK/NIN(me), BLM/RDM, WHM/SMN. Out of 6 runs it used 2 2 hours and we even messed around killing people who got charmed, WHM included.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-10-19 01:50:45  
Rumaha said:
Nightfyre said:

whaaaaaaaaat.

This, RR is really really easy, you can in fact do w/ 5 ppl, I do Pld Dd/nin x3, whm/rdm/sch and a smn. PLD voke's King of Cups, SMN Takes Queen of Cups(1 on left) SMN CAN Solo w/ Fenrir, DD kill Queen of Batons as PLD kites King, You can either kill the SMNs one or kill King, I generally kill SMNs solo so he can assist on King, Very easy KSNM.

ok seriously, what gives. just almost 8hrs doing 15 runs on this with above strategy and got one win at the end with a coffinmaker drop.

at the moment i'm out of seals, so if anyone can let me tag along and lot or has done this and can help when i have seals again, i would appreciate it
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-10-19 02:24:04  
dood when I did RR for mine we got like 4 pairs.

just sayin, good drop rate.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-10-19 02:32:08  
yeah i noticed its got an awesome droprate, we just couldn't get a win til the last orb. then when we did we ended up with a coffinmaker.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-19 02:55:49  
Boundsoul said:
yeah i noticed its got an awesome droprate, we just couldn't get a win til the last orb. then when we did we ended up with a coffinmaker.

Our strat: NIN/DNC BLM/WHM (me) healer (WHM or SCH) DD x3

NIN grabs King of Coins and drags it back to entrance. I Stun-claim Queen of Cups and walk back to the middle, using Blink and Stoneskin to mitigate damage. It's easy to hold, it will stop about 15' away from you and just cast spells from time to time. I let it sit in the low part of the walkway. I also help heal the NIN if necessary. Melees kill Queen of Batons in the circle, then Queen of Cups, then King of Coins. Don't use any wind-based skillchains (Fragmentation, for example), we think wind-based stuff is a rage mode trigger. I do nothing but hold the Queen of Cups and provide support cures and -nas, along with Escape at the end to provide the coffer opener a shorter walk back (everyone else exits first). Hope that helps, we've only failed once this way and that run the King raged.

EDIT: Our other theory was that a /DNC move from the NIN caused the rage. Curing/Healing Waltz only. Wish I could say for sure but we win consistently with our current method and don't feel like potentially wasting 30 KS to test hypotheses.
 Garuda.Celille
サーバ: Garuda
user: Celille
By Garuda.Celille 2009-10-19 03:03:29  
If you're losing to royale ramble then you're either:

1) Casting any type of magic on the mobs causing them to become super buff.
2) Well lets not call people names...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-19 03:11:49  
Celille said:
If you're losing to royale ramble then you're either:

1) Casting any type of magic on the mobs causing them to become super buff.
2) Well lets not call people names...

Queen of Cups has never raged in all the runs we've done, and I've Stunned it every single time. It's more specific than just "any type of magic", whatever it is.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-10-19 03:20:26  
with what i read up on, no magic of any kind can be used on the cardians. the first couple runs the pld was flashing king of cups, which i warned about so thats why those failed. pld also had issues keeping hate on king so that didn't help. but yeah, i'll try the nin/dnc strategy next time i have seals.

also if anyone on cerberus wants to lend a hand, let me know.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-19 03:32:36  
Hate reset is definitely the most dangerous part of the fight, as somebody who isn't prepared can go from 100% to dead in a few seconds if the Cardian gets mean. I'm not sure whether all our melee go /NIN or not.

Regardless, having two people sharing healing duties means you shouldn't run into issues - if you have more than a couple deaths using the strategy I provided you're doing it wrong, and you really shouldn't be dying at all.

I'd reiterate what I said about it being more specific than "all magic", but nobody seems to be paying attention to that so I'm just gonna go to bed. Stun and Ninjutsu are used every time we do this KSNM, just saying...
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-19 03:37:07  
When I normally do RR, I typically run with PLD/WAR voke spam and Cure when the king stops to cast.

DD/NIN x3, it doesn't matter what DD it is. They're /NIN.

WHM or RDM/WHM RDM BLM SCH SMN Whatever floats your boat.. This guy/girl is your main curebomber at first >_> They'll be keeping your DD's alive and occasionally tossing the PLD some help. (RDM works well so they can refresh the PLD)

WHM or RDM/WAR to kite the Queen of Cups away at the beginning.

We always (or rather, used to.. I've not been on a run in a while and apparently they decided to change this) claimed King of Swords (PLD) because it didn't Chainspell >_>

I'd usually WHM/WAR and pull Queen back to the entrance area. All 3 DD have to kill the BLM before they get a couple of bad spells off (Sleepga on healer > Thundaga III on DD.. bad >_>)

Had 3 wipes on this (all on the same runs) with this setup, mostly because the PLD was an idiot and didn't understand the basic premise behind kiting >_>; Kept randomly stopping to cast spells on himself with a card beating on his face..

Something to note, which you may already know or not, Physical BLU Magic doesn't seem to affect it! I know a BLU that does RR a lot, so I can't imagine he's just sitting their as a halfass DD swinging swords >_>

Good luck ^^

EDIT:
Nightfyre said:
I'd reiterate what I said about it being more specific than "all magic", but nobody seems to be paying attention to that so I'm just gonna go to bed. Stun and Ninjutsu are used every time we do this KSNM, just saying...

The PLD's I've gone with have said similar things, they haven't noticed anything happen when they use Flash, but personally I'd rather not chance it as some of my DD have said otherwise XD
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-10-19 03:47:59  
well yeah, dd/nin were using ninjutsu on themselves, but i did notice the king of cups was hitting pld alot harder on the runs where he was flashed. i think nightfyre is right and its specific magic, probably changes based on what king you take. but yeah gonna just continue pt'n withou them til i have the seals for another run and will try the nin strat this time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [187 days between previous and next post]
By LordT 2010-04-24 09:45:52  
LOL dont worrie bound we will get them today or your going to die trying :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-24 09:50:15  
Holy necrobump