Random Politics & Religion #34

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 133 134 135
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-29 21:06:28  
Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Of course not, Hitler was a white straight male!

White and males are also a protected group, you failing to make a point.
No they aren’t.
Well I mean you can’t discriminate against someone because they are white or male so yeah it can fall within the laws that protect people from discrimination... do you think that white people, men specifically, aren’t protected by discrimination laws? Can you give me examples of how they are not protected or how white males or white people in general are targeted by laws or other people?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-29 21:14:58  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Being a white male doesn't make you a nazi.

According to the left it does. Or haven't you been keeping up with the times.

It is against the law discriminate against someone because he is white or a male.

And they do it all the time. Or did you miss out on the Google memo where HR informed hiring managers to discard applications from anyone who was white and male to encourage diversity within the organization.

And lets not get into "affirmative action" which is just legalized discrimination.
It does not make you a nazi according to the left and it’s just silly for you to make that assertion...

I’m not familiar with the example you provided there but from reading what you just said could you not also assume that people of color might have been discriminated against in the first place since there was such a lack of diversity there already that they would have to take measures like that? I find it interesting that you make a solid statement, without doubt, that there is discrimination against whites through affirmative action but don’t seem to see any merit in it or possibility that others have been discriminated against to the point that we might need laws like those...

You obviously seem to think white men are discriminated against but do you think anyone else is?
By fonewear 2018-08-29 21:16:08  

It's just monkey business. Clearly.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-29 21:16:25  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The only way that could be racist is if someone thought black people are monkeys.

In this case sense the media are feigning offense, is it safe to assume the media is full of racists?
This is ridiculous response mostly because there’s years of precedent where black people in America have been referred to as apes or monkeys in America in a negative way to insinuate an iferiority... this is willful ignorance to ignore that... in this case the way the title is framed seems more like clickbait and when you see the quote in context to the rest of his statement it doesn’t seem like racism but more like a stupid way of saying what he wanted to say...
So what?

The phrase "monkey it up" is innocuous. The only people who take offense to things that are innocuous are weak people who are incapable of seeing themselves as anything other than a victim.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-29 21:17:58  
I mean do you know how many years "monkey business" or "monkey it up" has been used in reference to something other than a racial slur?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-29 21:19:34  
As someone that evolved from a monkey I find this all very offensive. My great grandfather was a monkey.
By Viciouss 2018-08-29 21:27:54  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Being a white male doesn't make you a nazi.

According to the left it does.

More *** from Saevel.
By Nausi 2018-08-29 21:38:50  

No they aren’t.
Well I mean you can’t discriminate against someone because they are white or male so yeah it can fall within the laws that protect people from discrimination... do you think that white people, men specifically, aren’t protected by discrimination laws? Can you give me examples of how they are not protected or how white males or white people in general are targeted by laws or other people?
Sure I do, if they were, there wouldn't be any such thing as affirmative action.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-29 23:20:46  
The only way that could be racist is if someone thought black people are monkeys.

In this case sense the media are feigning offense, is it safe to assume the media is full of racists?
This is ridiculous response mostly because there’s years of precedent where black people in America have been referred to as apes or monkeys in America in a negative way to insinuate an iferiority... this is willful ignorance to ignore that... in this case the way the title is framed seems more like clickbait and when you see the quote in context to the rest of his statement it doesn’t seem like racism but more like a stupid way of saying what he wanted to say...
So what?

The phrase "monkey it up" is innocuous. The only people who take offense to things that are innocuous are weak people who are incapable of seeing themselves as anything other than a victim.
I merely responded to what you said that’s all... I mean geez I pretty much agreed with you on your opinion that it seemed to be a pretty innocuous statement...

This idea that people that infer it to be racist are weak and can only see themselves as victims is just silly... idk where you even came up with that...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-29 23:26:30  
I mean do you know how many years "monkey business" or "monkey it up" has been used in reference to something other than a racial slur?
Idk how many years it was used like that... idk how many years black people have been referred to as apes in a negative way either other than both were around at least as long as I’ve been on this earth... I don’t get your point though... there a plenty of words or phrases in the English language that have changed to incorporate new meanings or uses... i remember my grandpa being pretty angry about homosexuals taking over the word gay in that it used to primarily be used to explain some kind of happiness and now it’s mainly used to say that some one is homosexual or now even just as a general insult...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-29 23:27:42  

No they aren’t.
Sure I do, if they were, there wouldn't be any such thing as affirmative action.
Ok?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-30 01:02:41  
This whole "monkey it up" nonsense is completely beyond the pale. Not only is it a severe stretch to link the phrase to his opponent in the first place, but it's actually doing a disservice to black people in general by forcing an association into the minds of those who wouldn't otherwise be making a connection. This perpetuates racist notions of the past that would be already be close to dead if social justice warriors weren't constantly reminding us of them.

But hey, congratulations. You scored cheap political points at the expense of further alienating normal people who are sick of having to walk the ever-growing minefield of political correctness. If you want to know how that ends up, then you can use 2016 as a perfect reference point.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-08-30 08:19:58  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
This whole "monkey it up" nonsense is completely beyond the pale. Not only is it a severe stretch to link the phrase to his opponent in the first place, but it's actually doing a disservice to black people in general by forcing an association into the minds of those who wouldn't otherwise be making a connection. This perpetuates racist notions of the past that would be already be close to dead if social justice warriors weren't constantly reminding us of them.

But hey, congratulations. You scored cheap political points at the expense of further alienating normal people who are sick of having to walk the ever-growing minefield of political correctness. If you want to know how that ends up, then you can use 2016 as a perfect reference point.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-30 08:20:59  
Monkey knife fight:

[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-30 08:28:27  
Idk how many years it was used like that... idk how many years black people have been referred to as apes in a negative way either other than both were around at least as long as I’ve been on this earth... I don’t get your point though... there a plenty of words or phrases in the English language that have changed to incorporate new meanings or uses... i remember my grandpa being pretty angry about homosexuals taking over the word gay in that it used to primarily be used to explain some kind of happiness and now it’s mainly used to say that some one is homosexual or now even just as a general insult...
Monkey Wrench
Barrel of Monkeys
Money Business
Monkey's Uncle
Monkey on Your Back
Monkey Around
Monkey House
Cheeky Monkey
Monkey Suit
Spank the Monkey
Monkey See Monkey Do

Did I leave out any racist monkey idioms?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-30 08:37:41  
Monkey paw:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Brynach 2018-08-30 08:37:58  
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-30 08:57:39  
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-30 09:04:10  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I like the Monkees more than the Beatles wanna fight about it !
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-30 10:27:17  
fonewear said: »
I like the Monkees more than the Beatles wanna fight about it !

I hate the *** eagles beatles man....

Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-30 10:28:07  
He insulted the valued employees of Primate Programming Inc.

http://www.newtechusa.com/ppi/main.asp

Now that is some serious monkey business.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-30 10:36:34  
Monkey Wrench
Barrel of Monkeys
Money Business
Monkey's Uncle
Monkey on Your Back
Monkey Around
Monkey House
Cheeky Monkey
Monkey Suit
Spank the Monkey
Monkey See Monkey Do

So you’ll just double down on this? You’re failing to even recognize the word has been in a negative context before... it’s like you’re putting blinders on and trying to ignore the fact it could be used in any context or meaning than what you’ll provide here... most people in here, including myself, agree with you on the fact that what this man said was pretty innocuous but you seem to still think the only way to combat this is to just deny it could ever be used in a way some accuse it to have been used in this situation...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2018-08-30 10:39:54  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

It’s almost as big a stretch as you saying it’s a disservice to black people to make an accusation like this...

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-30 10:44:44  
Hate group, tea party, I mean they're basically indistinguishable amirite?
No but there is an unfortunate amount of overlap.

Personally I know several tea party republicans who aren't haters and the one hater I know is way beyond tea party politics.

The one actual nazi I know ignores American politics.
By Viciouss 2018-08-30 10:45:03  
The FBI contradicted Trump yesterday about Hillary's emails being hacked by China ... facts I don't like is the enemy of the people ... right?

He will just keep pushing conspiracy theories that can be debunked in a matter of seconds. His "fight" against Google is going nowhere.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-08-30 11:14:30  
Monkey Wrench
Barrel of Monkeys
Money Business
Monkey's Uncle
Monkey on Your Back
Monkey Around
Monkey House
Cheeky Monkey
Monkey Suit
Spank the Monkey
Monkey See Monkey Do

So you’ll just double down on this? You’re failing to even recognize the word has been in a negative context before... it’s like you’re putting blinders on and trying to ignore the fact it could be used in any context or meaning than what you’ll provide here... most people in here, including myself, agree with you on the fact that what this man said was pretty innocuous but you seem to still think the only way to combat this is to just deny it could ever be used in a way some accuse it to have been used in this situation...

Monkeying around is my number one issue for 2020. Hell I refuse to go to the zoo till they shut down the monkey exhibit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 133 134 135