Random Politics & Religion #34

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 133 134 135
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 13:16:39  
Nausi said: »
Which of course should beg the question, why is he still there?
If the he you mention is Sessions, because the GOP believes that canning him before the midterms would loose them votes.

And even if the Dems take both houses there is will be a lame duck session where the GOP is still in control for almost two months.

While our political views differ, I thought you had at least a basic understanding of politics.

/sigh
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 13:18:09  
By Nausi 2018-08-24 13:24:17  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
If the he you mention is Sessions, because the GOP believes that canning him before the midterms would loose them votes.

And even if the Dems take both houses there is will be a lame duck session where the GOP is still in control for almost two months.

While our political views differ, I thought you had at least a basic understanding of politics.

/sigh
There is nothing more predictable than the reaction the media and the left make every time Trump attacks Sessions. Everytime that happens, the media rush to legitimize Sessions and claim he’s above reproach.

If you think that isn’t a theatrical strategy by Trump, then you don’t know Trump.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 13:29:01  

/sigh
There is nothing more predictable than the reaction the media and the left make every time Trump attacks Sessions. Everytime that happens, the media rush to legitimize Sessions and claim he’s above reproach.

If you think that isn’t a theatrical strategy by Trump, then you don’t know Trump.
Then that's another reason why he is still there.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 13:32:22  
One of the best ideas Bernie has come up with. And this one is even possible!

Thousands of Amazon workers receive food stamps, and Bernie Sanders wants Amazon to pay up

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will soon introduce legislation that would require large employers like Amazon, Walmart and McDonald’s to fully cover the cost of food stamps, public housing, Medicaid and other federal assistance received by their employees. The goal, he says, is to force corporations to pay a living wage and curb roughly $150 billion in taxpayer dollars that currently go to funding federal assistance programs for low-wage workers each year.

The bill, which Sanders plans to introduce in the Senate on Sept. 5, would impose a 100 percent tax on government benefits received by workers at companies with 500 or more employees. For example, if an Amazon employee receives $300 in food stamps, Amazon would be taxed $300....
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 14:05:56  
One of the best ideas Bernie has come up with. And this one is even possible!

Thousands of Amazon workers receive food stamps, and Bernie Sanders wants Amazon to pay up

Quote:
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will soon introduce legislation that would require large employers like Amazon, Walmart and McDonald’s to fully cover the cost of food stamps, public housing, Medicaid and other federal assistance received by their employees. The goal, he says, is to force corporations to pay a living wage and curb roughly $150 billion in taxpayer dollars that currently go to funding federal assistance programs for low-wage workers each year.

The bill, which Sanders plans to introduce in the Senate on Sept. 5, would impose a 100 percent tax on government benefits received by workers at companies with 500 or more employees. For example, if an Amazon employee receives $300 in food stamps, Amazon would be taxed $300....

You guys aren't going to be happy until a loaf of bread costs $150.00. THESE JOBS ARE NOT MEANT FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE OFF! Go get a real damn job. Tons of trades are hiring people with ged/diplomas/low level education. The electricians and plumbing unions up here in NY are begging for apprentices and they pay like $14 an hour to start. Not a huge wage but you are just an apprentice. There is zero excuse in this job market to not have a decent paying job unless your lazy. Vocational schools are begging for students up here and especially in nursing program. No excuse. Just like the $15 a hour mcdank complainers. Get off your *** and get a real job, no reason for anyone 25+ to be working in fast food unless your disabled/college/highschool student. It is called ambition.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 14:34:46  
For high school and college kids. There are reasons these places do not offer retirement or benefits, it is not long term work.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-24 14:49:17  
The deficit in earnings is being made up in Federal assistance anyway, which, you know, was the point of the legislation.
By fonewear 2018-08-24 14:55:37  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Lol Hillary can be thrown into max, or a bottomless pit, or Azkaban
or whatever your fantasy is for the rest of her life and it wouldn't diminish how quickly this is spiralling downward.
hahahahaha

I guess for sure Blumpf is done this time...

Drumpf is finished I read that on a sugar packet !
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 15:00:37  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
For high school and college kids.

Why would they be lazy and take these jobs when they could get jobs with better wages?

Hell how can those without any parental/financial support even afford going to school if they can't live off minimum wage?

There are many grants and help for these programs, do not give me that line of woe is me ***. If you qualify for public assistance you also qualify for tuition assistance through many state and federal programs.

Tap/Pell/Employment and Training Grant/Income Based Education Grant/Union hall apprentice program/student loans. A simple search for low income education assistance pops up about 30 programs. If you want long term college money there is always the military.

Answer me one question please. Why is it the left has a excuse to not better yourself for everything. It's like you want people to rely on the government.
By Nausi 2018-08-24 15:04:17  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The deficit in earnings is being made up in Federal assistance anyway, which, you know, was the point of the legislation.
Cancel the assistance. That should motivate workers to seek better jobs and skills.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-24 15:12:44  
I'm sure they'll get to it in between foraging for bugs to eat and building a house out of palm fronds.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 15:21:00  
Victim mentality at it's best.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 15:21:03  
Answer me one question please. Why is it the left has a excuse to not better yourself for everything. It's like you want people to rely on the government.
Why is it that the right always finds an excuse for corporate welfare?

Why do you enjoy paying taxes so that wallmart, mcdonalds, and amazon can avoid paying a living wage?
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 15:23:40  
Why is it that the right always finds an excuse for corporate welfare?

Why do you enjoy paying taxes so that wallmart, mcdonalds, and amazon can avoid paying a living wage?

I never once mentioned corporate welfare, nice try though. As long as people line up for these ***jobs they will continue to get ***wages. You cannot legislate common sense no matter how hard you try. The left keeps coddling the poor and then wonder why they won't get off the ***.

I posted 5 grants out of about 30. There is no excuse for not bettering yourself.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 16:30:08  
Micky D and wallmart were both posting notices telling their employees how to apply for government assistance.

In case you didn't realize it, government assistance is payed for with your tax dollars. Forcing you to subsidize corporations who pay low wages. Which is one of the many forms of corporate welfare.

P.S. Never running out of excuses is part of the human condition.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 17:38:39  

Often it's because you just can't afford the time and/or energy to better yourself. A single mom with 3 kids working 2 jobs doesn't have the time and energy for that.

Minimum wage should at least be able to cover for housing / food / school for kids.

Im not talking about luxury here, just the basic stuff.

Do you think you should stop giving lifelong benefits to veterans? Its just a glorified handout for working a couple of years.

20 years is a couple? That's how long you have to be in to get military benefits unless you get hurt and get a medical. Trust me did 12 years before I got hurt and discharged.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-24 18:05:43  
Im not talking about luxury here, just the basic stuff.

Except for the fact that luxuries are being viewed as "basic stuff" nowadays.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-24 18:27:51  
DirectX said: »
What are midterms and why do they matter so much?
Our lower house, 1/3 of our upper house, many governers and state houses are all on the ballot.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 18:31:39  
control of both houses.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 18:36:07  
20 years is a couple? That's how long you have to be in to get military benefits unless you get hurt and get a medical. Trust me did 12 years before I got hurt and discharged.

Versus 40+ year for a civilian to get way less benefits, yes its not that long.

I cannot believe a person as smart as you seem to be would compare military to civilian. 2 totally different monsters. I and all military members do hard pt 6 days a week for your entire career, deploy to hostile countries, get shot at, watch buddies die and be deployed for years at a time. Come on, really? The pay is also no where near civilian sector, but it's more pride than money. We ran at least 3 miles everyday and once a week we did a 10+ mile ruck march. I am sure some mos's have it easy, me myself I was 11B which is light infantry. Did not wish to go to combat when I joined but I wanted to go to college and if you went infantry you got the army college fund AND the GI bill.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-24 18:44:57  
But you used that job as a stepping stone. That is what I am getting at. These are not meant as career positions and people want them to be such.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-24 19:13:17  
I've worked in grocery stores when I was younger and trust me it was way more demanding than my actual job.

Same here. Some people view that as incentive to get additional training/education and do something they actually enjoy, but foresight isn't exactly a primary focus in grade school curriculums....

I mean, seriously. Kids are getting high school diplomas and the only thing a lot of them are taking with them are a basic understanding of how to pass classes and a mountain of useless information that has been and will be forgotten.

Money management, investing, business networking, career development, interviewing skills, entrepreneurship, etc., are all things that are barely (if ever) addressed, and they're some of the most important things that you need to know if you want to avoid getting stuck in a crappy job for your entire life. But boy am I glad that I had to become an expert on Lord of the Flies during my senior year of high school.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 133 134 135