言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Goblin Ambuscade V1
Goblin Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By ceinwyn 2018-05-11 15:52:44  
hmm, dynamis goblins didn't work for KI for me. ideas best spots so far?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2018-05-11 15:56:32  
movalpolos home point
 Asura.Biglovin
サーバ: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-05-11 19:00:33  
Unity warp (119) to Bibiki Bay has gobs too if you don't have Movalpolos HP.

Did vol 1 VD this afternoon after work with good success.

PT setup: Pup x5 and Cor
Ranger tank build X3 and 2 Sharpshot DPS frames.
Cor does evokers (all Pup /whm, /rdm, or /sch for heals/SS/reraise ECT) and beast roll.

Position the drk to the right pillar, war to the left pillar, and Don to the far back. Gets pets in position and gather to middle to share bomb damage. After baby bomber spawns the Cor runs off from group as the baby will continually go after him (have a few reraise earrings set) just stay there and have automations kill. Pretty simple.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 19:02:43  
VD but no mention of the 4th Goblin

and a bit presumptive, but if you're using tali'ah you're timing out on anything over normal.
By Afania 2018-05-11 21:52:22  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I don't have the game available at the moment, but somebody should test if COR/WHM can fill the spot of sacrificial lamb. Being able to have rolls on this fight would drastically boost kill speed.

Tried but bomb gob will run to GEO and DD RUN 1 instead of killing the cor. So you need to stack pt member and use hp set+wilt+multiple fast curaga II for it to work in VD.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 22:01:46  
It seems like the bomber goes for the person with the largest spell list.

Would like to see what happens with a blm, or really 6 dancers/war (no casters) just to see what happens.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 22:19:59  
Basically it looks like there is a hard coded job priority list, goes after WHM, SCH and RDM first then GEO, BRD, SMN and so forth with tanks and DD's being at the bottom. Maybe SE had some sort of crazy dance competition we're supposed to do, but honestly better to just have someone take one for the team cause the mobs aren't even difficult.

And guys, this month the main healers are BRD and GEO not WHM. Seriously people need good healing sets on those jobs. Most wipes I've seen so far is slow heals when the WAR decides to MS and start hitting hard.
By Afania 2018-05-11 22:58:26  
From my experience Rdm has higher bomb priority than cor and brd, and geo or run(unsure exactly which one was gob target) has higher priority than brd/whm.

I haven't count the spell list of every job listed above to tell if the priority is based on job or spell list.

I also think the sacrificial lamb should sub cor for weak rolls or something, and get hymnus from brd.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 23:24:54  
Thinking if you can trick them into pld being highest priority, use twilight,
profit
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-11 23:45:45  
Anyone test if the bombers are triggered by certain jobs (i.e. buffers/support)? I recall an ambuscade before that triggered dumb ***if there was a roll, song, or bubble effect on it.
By Afania 2018-05-11 23:59:47  
Afania said: »
From my experience Rdm has higher bomb priority than cor and brd, and geo or run(unsure exactly which one was gob target) has higher priority than brd/whm.

I haven't count the spell list of every job listed above to tell if the priority is based on job or spell list.

I also think the sacrificial lamb should sub cor for weak rolls or something, and get hymnus from brd.

Decided to do a bit of setup optimization theorycraft, Assuming geo is on higher priority list than run.

Has anyone considered RUNx3, geo(sacrifice), brd(heal), cor(heal or DD depending), and prebuff with sch regen 5 before enter to minimize the heal required?

So the kill order is the same, RUN DD on don, ravager, deathbringer and sleep 4th. All run opens with armor break, geo pop fury/frailty on ravager, cor + run focus on DD ravager down first.

By the time the bomb goblin approaches the geo immediately run to the center and die. Then RR up and frailty on gob again.

If the geo has quick reflex he should be able to run far enough from other pt member that they don't eat bomb moves, since bomb move really has long charge time. It's very easy to run away from other pt member by the time bomb lands.

If the geo has bad reflex then just give up on indi bubble, pop entrust+geo bubble and stay in the center.

Compare with run x3, whm, brd, geo setup you get:

1)A DD cor for extra dmg.
2)Rolls that's active on all 3 DD run instead of bubbles that's active on just 1 DD run.

The brd would be really busy with this setup, in that case cor could still /whm and get the benefit of rolls.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-12 00:02:19  
Ability to reraise becomes the issue lots of items

They wouldn't make the event like this. There has to be something to stop them from spawning.

Tunnel vision on using 3 tanks
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-12 01:57:06  
No.

Idris Frailty is that strong and is present on 3.4/4 of the mobs. The GEO BoGs frailty to kill the only dangerous mob, the WAR along with wilt. Then runs over and both DDs finish the DRK, then BLM then RDM. Hopefully by then the third guy has worked it down to half.

What slows you dowm isn't buffs but the synced TP moves of paralysis, blind and stun. The DRK in particular is annoying with absorb-attri and on-hit absorb TP with k-club attack speed. It's absolutely imperative to reduce the number of simultaneous mobs up. The real tank is the WHM as they are holding the truly dangerous attacks.
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-05-12 07:25:30  
Has anyone tried binding? What about gravity kiting one of them?

Instead of "real" tanks, what about DD/NIN and blind/para/slow? Do those debuffs stick well? If so (or not), which goblins are susceptible (resist)?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-05-12 07:34:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That doesnt matter though. You posted the video, now its all anyone cares about.

It doesnt matter what can work, it matters what did work and then thats the only way it gets done, until someone finds a faster safer way.

The power of the sheep is overwhelming.

Or you can try a proven method, then learn and adjust the setup from those experiences.

hardly sheep~ish
By Afania 2018-05-12 08:52:56  
Asura.Saevel said: »
No.

Idris Frailty is that strong and is present on 3.4/4 of the mobs. The GEO BoGs frailty to kill the only dangerous mob, the WAR along with wilt. Then runs over and both DDs finish the DRK, then BLM then RDM. Hopefully by then the third guy has worked it down to half.

Oh, just to clearify, my idea came from wardenivs video yesterday. They did not use geo, instead they had cor and all 3 DD RUN had rolls. Their clear time was roughly 5:00 include buffs.

The biggest Contribution to kill speed is that the RUN on Don solo kill from 100% to 0% by the time every other dd finish the other 3. Compare with other pt without rolls don would be at 30% or more when other adds are done.

Without chaos roll and dia4 I'm not sure a frailty less RUN can solo kill Don in 3 min. Attack penalty is DD RUNs biggest weakness after all.

Most run don't seem to use armor break, so with armor break it may somewhat "catch up" with pdif.

So adding "occasionally functional" frailty in the setup could maybe push kill speed to something close to 4:40ish.

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Has anyone tried binding? What about gravity kiting one of them?

Instead of "real" tanks, what about DD/NIN and blind/para/slow? Do those debuffs stick well? If so (or not), which goblins are susceptible (resist)?

Para slow sticks, blind is lol. And tbh dd run is tough to beat as job choice this month so far. Just need to figure out a way to deal with 2 run underbuffed and increase kill speed.
By Afania 2018-05-12 09:54:23  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD
Our kill order is Don > Ravager > Deathgringer > Incanter.
Incanter is slept, tank holds Ravager+Deathgringer with a max HP set, their double Goblin Bomb does 1036 + 1417 dmg.
DDs zerg down the Don asap in a corner. If you kill him before Chainspell's end you won't have to deal with Dirty Bomb (Needles) and Blasting Bomb (Dancing Fullers), you can Stun him too. WHM stays out of range of everyone in any case.
Finale Protect/Phalanx/Ice Spikes on the Don.

Found a jp VD video using the strat above in case anyone needs to see them visually. No bombs, so I'm not sure what triggers it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-12 10:47:33  
So the whm never had to heal the person with enmity on the don. The don can't use tp moves during chainspell. But it looked like longer than 30 seconds to kill it. Have to watch again.

Too small to analyze on phone u_u

Aggro at 28:30 just under 2 minutes to kill don. 26:40ish.

Run can tank dark literally forever with turms mittens and no cures. Elegy slow silence paralyze let the nin tank easy.don gets no tp until war starts hitting.

Ive seen bombers come out in as little as 51 seconds. But never timed the first.

First bomb is ruas video is only 30 seconds after aggro.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-12 11:12:44  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
I think so long as DON is alive the bomber will come out. Bomber comes out roughly every 1min 30s or so, they kill it just before that time.

Yes there are several strats that rotate around this including a SMN one with a payer spot. It's a bit of a luck strategy because if you don't kill that guy fast enough then your dead.

Found a jp VD video using the strat above in case anyone needs to see them visually. No bombs, so I'm not sure what triggers it.

That's not the strategy you theory-crafted, that's just killing the Don ASAP to hopefully prevent the bombs. And since the viability of that strategy hinges on the Don dieing before bombs a GEO would actually be better, they just wanted to use a COR cause reasons. The guy holding the other two is going to be hard pressed to stay alive for any extended period of time, that strategy rotates around killing Don ASAP then separating out one of the others and easy-peasy from that point on.
By Afania 2018-05-12 11:18:34  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So the whm never had to heal the person with enmity on the don. The don can't use to moves during chainspell. But it looked like longer than 30 seconds to kill it. Have to watch again.

Too small to analyze on phone u_u

Aggro at 28:30 just under 2 minutes to kill don. 26:40ish.

Run can tank dark literally forever with turms mittens and no cures. Elegy slow silence paralyze let the nin tank easy.don gets no tp until war starts hitting.

Ive seen bombers come out in as little as 51 seconds. But never timed the first.

First bomb is ruas video is only 30 seconds after aggro.

The whm opened with silence at start and specifically mentioned it in description. Does silence on Don prevents bomb gob from popping?

And tbh with a whm and 5 person and a bubble splitting the dmg even if bomb drops they would survive easily.

That's not the strategy you theory-crafted, that's just killing the Don ASAP to hopefully prevent the bombs.

My theorycrafted strategy is based on Warden's stream and their strategy is same as yours just with different buffers, that video is just a visual illustration of Papesse's strategy while discussing possibility to prevent bomb gobs from popping at all.

So that's totally 2 different discussions, lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-12 11:22:36  
My theorycrafted strategy is based on Warden's stream, that video is just a visual illustration of Papesse's strategy while discussing possibility to prevent bomb gobs from popping at all.

Looked like you were talking about swaping out the GEO from our original video to a COR, something we looked into and it didn't work out very well because the GEO is basically a healer for that fight and /WHM doesn't give COR much of any heal power. BRD pulls it off because their actually on mage gear.
By Afania 2018-05-12 11:24:43  
My theorycrafted strategy is based on Warden's stream, that video is just a visual illustration of Papesse's strategy while discussing possibility to prevent bomb gobs from popping at all.

Looked like you were talking about swaping out the GEO from our original video to a COR, something we looked into and it didn't work out very well because the GEO is basically a healer for that fight and /WHM doesn't give COR much of any heal power. BRD pulls it off because their actually on mage gear.

That's a very fair point, hence I specifically mentioned regen V from sch before enter to lessen the heal required.

Otherwise I agree with you that it's more risky that way. But that's part of optimization.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-12 11:25:13  
I have silenced the don, it didn't stop bombers. But it could have worn and I didn't notice.

It looks more tp related, that's why they used a nin tank. But no idea why they didn't get bombed immediately after cs wore. It took 2 whole minutes to kill.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-12 11:44:04  
Otherwise I agree with you that it's more risky that way. But that's part of optimization.

Going after the Don first is risky but if you can kill him before really bad ***happens then the fight is a joke. About the power of COR on individual NM's, I usually fought the DRK and COR buffs wouldn't of helped. The biggest problem when fighting that guy is all the status ailment spam and various *** he does to you, like En-Absorb TP, and he swings with a Kraken Club.

Bombs are random but usually one to one and a half minute apart. We tried to figure out if there was a "trigger" and couldn't fine one. It always seemed easiest to have a sacrificial WHM or SCH.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-05-12 15:05:36  
P.S. for the JP video Hoshimi is on our Server Bahamut. He explained that it was "just luck" that it went so smooth.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-12 15:32:44  
There's no such thing as "just luck" in ffxi

They did something very specific to get that to work

It's "lucky" that they did "specific thing" but its not chance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-12 15:40:38  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD
Our kill order is Don > Ravager > Deathgringer > Incanter.
Incanter is slept, tank holds Ravager+Deathgringer with a max HP set, their double Goblin Bomb does 1036 + 1417 dmg.
DDs zerg down the Don asap in a corner. If you kill him before Chainspell's end you won't have to deal with Dirty Bomb (Needles) and Blasting Bomb (Dancing Fullers), you can Stun him too. WHM stays out of range of everyone in any case.
Finale Protect/Phalanx/Ice Spikes on the Don.

YouTube Video Placeholder
I'll try this and see if I can put it up.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-12 15:54:57  

What a case study in effective, efficient team play. Really beautiful.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11