users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Goblin Ambuscade V1
Goblin Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
By sequdaz 2018-05-23 18:22:45  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Zingus said: »
the real question is the strat for solo with trusts...

The strat for V1 solo:

Don't do it.
lol facts
V1 easy solo on pup with trusts(tank/koru/apururu/qultada):
deploy the maton on the Don in tank/dd hybrid attachments and let them tickle each other in a corner.
kill the war 1st then the drk, by the time you start fighting the drk the Don should be dead or close to.

i've only done it once and had no trouble at all
By Afania 2018-05-23 22:10:19  
sequdaz said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Zingus said: »
the real question is the strat for solo with trusts...

The strat for V1 solo:

Don't do it.
lol facts
V1 easy solo on pup with trusts(tank/koru/apururu/qultada):
deploy the maton on the Don in tank/dd hybrid attachments and let them tickle each other in a corner.
kill the war 1st then the drk, by the time you start fighting the drk the Don should be dead or close to.

i've only done it once and had no trouble at all

Pretty sure he said don't do it because congestion.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-23 22:11:55  
Not even about congestion. It's a waste of your own time to even bother doing it. Let alone everyone elses with you taking an instance.

You can hold these gobs completely naked. There is zero excuse for not grabbing 5 randos and doing easy v1 as a bare minimum. V2 doesn't even need to exist anymore.

and it even highlights scrub mentality by letting you sub dancer and make it even easier.

You can slap on 5/5 hizamaru with sparks and coalition katanas sub dancer never swap gear with no buffs and still solo kill each gob in like 4 minutes. Only reason people fail is they try to shoehorn in glasscannon darks wars and sams that cant hold their own *** let alone a mob.

You can go on mnk and the drk goblin will literally beat itself to death. You can afk the entire time.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-23 23:58:40  
I feel like every month the ambuscade talks resort to: Soloing it (or sometimes doing anything less than a full pt) is terrible and you're terrible for trying. Stop being terrible and git gud or don't play
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 00:00:08  
Ambuscade is the one thing it's not ok to solo. You waste the entire servers time, including your own.

It's just dumb to do it. Save that effort farm some sparks and pay someone to carry your dead *** through a normal for a mil. if you have to.

You'd get more points from that single run than you would for the entire month soloing.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-24 00:04:31  
Ok fine... all that or just continue being terrible but merc it.

All you people talking about congestion... there like 10 people total in Mhaura at most given times over on Shiva lol. And half of them are using as a new place to bazaar stuff
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-24 00:18:35  
clearlyamule said: »
Ok fine... all that or just continue being terrible but merc it.

All you people talking about congestion... there like 10 people total in Mhaura at most given times over on Shiva lol. And half of them are using as a new place to bazaar stuff

Yeah well some of us left Shiva so we could play FFXI as if it's an MMO.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 00:30:57  
If you have literally no choice because you're the only person on the server. I still wouldn't do it.

You would be better served finding 2 humans leveling pup and wasting 30 minutes doing easy than you would be all soloing VE's

Blow overdrives crush the goblins and go get your 2hours back since there is no one else killing the cactus. You'll accomplish 3x more points + gallantry. In half the time.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-24 10:29:19  
I don't think you thought thru those numbers lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 12:56:25  
They're hyperbolic but you get the point.

Take you 20 minutes to solo VE if you even manage to pull it off for 200 hallmarks.

Or 30 minutes to clear Easy for 600 points + 400 Gallantry(which you cannot even get solo)

In an hour you got 600 points vs 1200+800 Gallantry

200 solo'd marks and zero gallantry, you'll take 100 runs, thats 3 a day every single day. for zero gallantry.

Or, be intelligent, do 10 Normals, in one day, and be totally done for the month.

And yes, normal can be done by literally anyone. Even the worst possible players (provided they're on a survivable job nin dnc mnk drg pup bst smn blu rdm) can team up and do it. I've done it with 5 dd whm, zero attack buffs, no one used food, and we still beat normal in under 15 minutes.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-24 13:22:27  
Stop being terrible. Got it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 13:37:53  
It's not even about being terrible. It's about not trying to glasscannon everything when you obviously don't have the ability. Yes, a glowingfailbolg drk will get wrecked trying to hold the warrior. yes, you will fail if you try to hold 2 goblins with one pld. Yes, your whm does need a set of working eyeballs and a curaga spell.

Winning > soloing > failing.

Minimal effort, no master, no HQ gear, no REMA, no bard, no cor, no geo, just utility jobs. You don't even need to ws at all. Straight white damage will kill them on normal.

No matter how bad you are, if you have no gearsets, you still shouldn't solo ambuscade.

Hell I've even had a pld kite war+drk naked while 4 dd killed don. It's that easy.
5 nins 5 dancers 5 monks 5 meleerdms 6whm/dnc 5 pups 5 bsts or any combination of them can do normal. Theres no excuse for soloing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-05-24 15:44:52  
Thread makes me 1/2 want to make a Ambu_Solo linkshell just to troll Eiryl.

I mean, come on, solo'ing is a grand tradition of Final Fantasy.
Let alone Final Fantasy XI.

Its pretty darn impressive to take down a foe solo, that normally requires the coordinated effort of a larger group.

I remember doing solo challenges back when Final Fantasy VI was the newest FF on the market.

Ambuscade is no exception.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 15:59:01  
You're not cool and no one cares if you solo Genbu on RDM in 2004.

Same is true for 2018.

You were a douche-bag then, and a douche-bag now. Pissing everyone else off making them wait for you.

FF XII is XI but solo, play that if you want to solo.
 Lakshmi.Zingus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2018-05-24 16:11:41  
i mean, it was really just a question if it was possible or not so i did not have to deal with finding people. didnt mean to get your chonies all bunched up
By clearlyamule 2018-05-24 16:24:56  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Thread makes me 1/2 want to make a Ambu_Solo linkshell just to troll Eiryl.
Please post it. It's a nice diversion from the same monthly tirade. Try holding it till the last second too!
 Shiva.Kasaioni
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-05-24 21:15:41  
Need gallantry? Just sextuple bot.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 22:10:31  
You're free to do as you please, it's just stupid to do it.

You get nothing from soloing. Grab 5 randos and make it at least worth while. Maybe you'll even make a friend.

Sparks pld tanks as well as August and a naked whm heals as efficiently as yoran, a level 50 bard sings as well as joachim and a level 20 corsair rolls as well as qultada. 99 melee does more damage than any trust dd. So if you're willing to solo with 5 trusts, take 5 humans instead, everyone wins.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-24 22:19:12  
If you get on PUP, wear 5/5 NQ rao sub rdm or dnc

Your auto can tank the war, you can hold the drk (regen set rao is pet DT and master regen, it's perfect!)

and any 5 random pieces of human garbage with hooves for hands can kill the don. you get 600 hallmarks and 400 gallantry. Instead of 200 hallmarks and zero gallantry. and if they're slightly better than absolute garbage you get 1200 hallmarks! and 900 gallantry!

Easy choice.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-24 22:28:12  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Tarage 2018-05-28 04:52:10  
Am I dumb or did my group just discover a stupid easy way to do this on VD?

So like... I'm a SMN main. I pretty much only SMN. I have enough gear to make a somewhat passable WHM, and since SMN isn't at all useful for this I switched to WHM and found a group gullible enough to take me. And... I have died at all.

The first run we did, I saw one goblin run up to me near the end of the Don being alive but he died before he got to me. Ever since then, I have not seen any goblin come at me. The only explination I can come up with is either my group is killing the Don faster than he can spawn them or we're far enough away from them that they never make it to me. I stand on the other side of the room with the tank and pick grass...

Considering everyone and their mother has told me how hard this month is and how I should give up, this seems WAY too easy. Did we discover the way to do this accidentally? Or is this common knowledge? Or are we just getting stupid lucky?

And no, before anyone asks, we were doing VD.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-28 04:56:55  
If the group is good enough to kill the don in ~2 minutes, there are no bombs.
By Tarage 2018-05-28 04:58:24  
Huh. I guess maybe that's it. Also our BRD started meleeing this last run and we all died so...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-28 09:15:41  
We've done several no bomb VD runs, in one of them the whm claimed he was more than 20 yalms away. So there is a possibility that if healer stays far enough it won't pop.

That being said the bomb is random as hell so it may be just luck.

Regardless bomb is easy enough to deal with Saevel's sacrifice method. Whether they pop or not it makes no difference with this method. So I really don't think it matters.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [561 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2019-12-10 03:26:24  
Bump for December 2019 V1 Ambuscade

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ambuscade_Archive#Goblin
By Mrgrim 2019-12-10 04:03:00  
Went in MNK, COR/WAR, BRD/WHM, DRK, WHM, and GEO with decent enfeebling set. Pretty straight forward ambu. Separate 3 gobbies brd sleeps blm, and main heals most of the time while whm gets blown up by bombergobs. GEO basically tries to silence the Don asap, indi focus helps a lot for initial silence it also helps in silencing the drk gob also (damn break). Once the don is silenced a monk can easily kill it within 45secs-1min spamming Shijin>VS>VS when zerging it with Vereth. GEO assists the mnk with indi fury and geo frail along dia. Once Don is dead the battle is basically won, the COR can grab and hold the drk gobbie, and the drk can grab the gobbie war. You can replace DRK with RUN or other tankier DD, but drk works as long as they spam catastrophe. Took me 4-5mins to clear with this setup. since I am controlling 4 chars I believe that it can be definitely done faster with this setup, probably 2-3mins. Also Accesion regen along Mantra helps a lot on this fight.

Edit: This was VD, forgot to add to use barbliz/para and kill don on hybrid meva DD gear.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2019-12-10 04:55:12  
during intial pull GEO and BRD should spam dispel/finale on Don, he is buffed to hell
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11