FFXI Maxing CPU With 5 Instances Running.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI maxing CPU with 5 instances running.
FFXI maxing CPU with 5 instances running.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-25 19:56:05  
Jetackuu said: »
Staleyx said: »
windower run unlimited fps
You shouldn't do this.
He's been saying this for a while but doesn't say why.
I found a couple posts by him saying the same thing while looking up mentions of fps on the forums. Never explains why though.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-26 00:08:03  
Why are you so angry son?

I'm not angry at all.

Shichishito said: »
carefull, the report button is probably already glowing.

This is the kind of dumb ***you've said in the past that has gotten you banned from threads.

At least explain why it's a bad idea instead of just trolling post's all the time.

Again: I don't troll, literally are you illiterate? It's not recommended to do by the windower devs for a list of stability reasons. Search in the discord if you want to find why, I'm not going to look it up for you. However like I said: I'm not positive that your workaround limits/eliminates those issues, still seems like a bad idea.
By Shichishito 2019-10-26 02:29:28  
Jetackuu said: »
This is the kind of dumb ***you've said in the past that has gotten you banned from threads.
i only ever got thread banned once.
i didn't quote you, i didn't even post directly under your post, i'm not sure why you'd feel personally adressed. please, calm down.
By Staleyx 2019-10-26 03:07:49  
You are confusing running un capped compared to 70. Yes uncapped causes issues and stability problems, like running in slow motion while everything else is sped up. Me and others have found using rivatuner or any other program that can cap fps to 70 has made our experience better. Even with high end hardware we would get dips in fps like with songs or rolls. Using this it no longer happen, again just something to "try out". The 6 people I have helped set it up say its night and day difference.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-26 16:13:24  
You are confusing running un capped compared to 70. Yes uncapped causes issues and stability problems, like running in slow motion while everything else is sped up. Me and others have found using rivatuner or any other program that can cap fps to 70 has made our experience better. Even with high end hardware we would get dips in fps like with songs or rolls. Using this it no longer happen, again just something to "try out". The 6 people I have helped set it up say its night and day difference.

I'm not confusing anything, k, thanks.

Also, please learn how to use proper tense in words.
By Staleyx 2019-10-26 17:26:15  
Getting requests on how to set this up. I will make a step by step once home.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-26 18:31:17  
After a bunch of tweaking 60fps with config and the new dgvoodoo was most performance enhancing. Don't bother going over 60 if your monitor doesn't hit over 60.
By Staleyx 2019-10-26 20:02:40  
Yes did forget to mention that. Just check what refresh rate you can get to. Pointless to go over 60 if you have a older monitor.
By Shichishito 2019-10-26 23:23:44  
for a slow paced game like FFXI more frames are neglibile but for faster paced games like fps more frames are always better.
By Staleyx 2019-10-27 05:50:31  
1.Windower>Plugins>Settings Then open config.xml in notepad++
Change framerate divisor to look like "<FrameRateDivisor>0</FrameRateDivisor>"
Save

2. Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

3. Open up before or after logging in and change framerate limit to 70 then minimize.

Make sure to exit the program before running any other games. There are other programs that can cap fps just like rivatuner so to each there own.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2019-10-27 10:36:36  
I used to run this game on a Phenom X4 9600 which was a 4C/4T CPU and it ran fine 3 boxing until my dumbass decided to 6 box and holy crepe it would take 2-5 seconds to alt tab to a character lmao. I ran all windows at 1920x1080 to make matters much worse.

What helped a ton was this one program that some guy on here used to keep updated called Mercury I think? It helps reduce CPU usage on windows that are running in the background while keeping the program/window you have active running at full speed. This certainly helped me a ton when I was 6 boxing. Windows detects it as a threat and I was using the older version at the time so unsure if its even being kept updated now.

But to help OP/necrobumper out, I would suggest moving onto a newer cpu with 8 cores for this particular situation because FFXI is poorly optimized and uses CPU more than anything. *cough* grab a Ryzen 7 2700x while its at 200 dollars *cough*
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-27 10:44:08  
'Project Mercury' is just someone's first app and changes task priority. It's placebo, windows already has a shitton of logic involved in handling task priorities on it's own. Windows 7 or newer is going to accomplish the same thing without an extra application running. I do not recommend it to anyone.

If you want results of the sort described, but actually making a difference, lower the framerate cap on background processes. This could be done automatically based on which window is in focus, or just set chars besides your main to run at FPS divisor 6(will cap them at 10fps and they'll take far fewer resources).

A newer cpu, especially the ryzens, is going to make a real difference. Anything else will be quite minimal or reduce your image quality or framerate.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2019-10-27 10:48:27  
Yeah haha, I did forget to mention I was running windows xp at the time and it actually made a difference then. My build then was a struggle D:
By eeternal 2019-10-27 11:14:36  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
A newer cpu, especially the ryzens, is going to make a real difference. Anything else will be quite minimal or reduce your image quality or framerate.

Assuming Intel i9 9900k would be able to run 6 instances max without any hassle, correct? as I have one already, just need to upgrade other components, MB,SSD,etc.

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2019-10-27 11:17:19  
Definately. 9900k is a beast and that's overkill for FFXI.
By eeternal 2019-10-27 11:19:04  
Thanks mate and my gratitude extends to the community for helping.. appreciate it.. keep the love guys
By Jetackuu 2019-10-27 11:29:01  
9900k is a super beast and I'm totes jelly.