What Weapons Are You Using For Cleaving?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » What weapons are you using for cleaving?
What weapons are you using for cleaving?
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2018-04-05 10:44:41  
Hey! I'm just coming back after a 5 year break and was wondering what people are using to main when cleaving. I've read through the blu/cleaving guides, but not much luck. I've seen Vampirism/Nibiru mentioned, but coming from the Jupiter/Chatoyant Staff Charged whisker days, was wondering if there's anything else I'm unaware of.
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-04-05 11:13:49  
Hey,

Nibiru club x2 is the way to go!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2018-04-05 11:51:12  
Life changing, thank you!
By Lordsoth 2018-04-05 12:19:02  
I was using the nibiru clubs for a while but now is using 2 iris swords. I like them for the added fastcast. +14 fastcast and +60 blue magic skill using path d.

Path D
"Blue Magic Skill"+15
"Magic Accuracy+15
"Magic Attack Bonus"+15
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-04-05 12:30:31  
You can look here:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51585/blu-aoe-party-help/#3301027

But basically this is most you need to know

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Gear:

- 2x Nibiru Cudgels,
- Idle set with 50% PDT and some refresh,
- Movement gear, preferably 18%,
- 60%+ fast cast set,
- Strong MAB set, combo of Herc, Jhakri, Amalric, Samnuha/Carmine.

Spells:

- Spectral Floe and Tenebral Crush are your main sources of damage,
- Leading with Subduction will keep you from getting overwhelmed,
- Charcarian Verve to stop interrupts,
- Reactor Cool is useful,
- Magic Hammer for mp recovery,
- Erratic Flutter to mitigate recasts,
- DW 1,
- Fill the rest.with as much MAB and ConserveMP traits as you can,
- Sub RDM for Phalanx, Diaga (pulls) and Convert.

Practice on weaker targets until you get the hang of it. It's really easy to get KOd in Reisenjima if your sets are weak, or you don't know what you're doing. Adoulin Gates -> Escha Zi'tah -> Reisenjima

Two things to add:
1. Set Occultation for shadows. Have a Blue magic skill set to use with occultation so you get more shadows from the spell.
2. Set Entomb. The AoE petrification can be very useful if you are overwhelmed or need to recover. In Reisin, I'll usually lead with an Entomb, then follow with Spectral Floe since Spectral Floe alone isn't enough to one shot most mobs there.
 Asura.Cloudblade
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-04-05 16:09:54  
Dream flower is a good spell if things go south to be able to cure yourself and set up a strong aoe as well.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-27 11:47:05  
Lordsoth said: »
I was using the nibiru clubs for a while but now is using 2 iris swords. I like them for the added fastcast. +14 fastcast and +60 blue magic skill using path d.

Path D
"Blue Magic Skill"+15
"Magic Accuracy+15
"Magic Attack Bonus"+15

Iris will be lower damage output than Nibiru Club. Make sure you keep in mind that Iris does not have actual "Fast Cast" on it. "Blue Magic spellcasting time -7%" does not affect your recasts. That said, I normally use Iris+Nibiru when AOE'ing (since I've yet to get an extra Colada for nuking augs.) I find being able to engage>Sanguine Blade very reassuring for those WTF moments where I actually get interrupted.
By Boshi 2018-04-27 12:01:24  
If you want a weapon that adds fc for recast use vampirism
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-04-27 13:17:27  
Nyarlko said: »

Path D
"Blue Magic Skill"+15
"Magic Accuracy+15
"Magic Attack Bonus"+15

Iris will be lower damage output than Nibiru Club. Make sure you keep in mind that Iris does not have actual "Fast Cast" on it. "Blue Magic spellcasting time -7%" does not affect your recasts. That said, I normally use Iris+Nibiru when AOE'ing (since I've yet to get an extra Colada for nuking augs.) I find being able to engage>Sanguine Blade very reassuring for those WTF moments where I actually get interrupted.
Colada will lose to nibiru from a pure damage perspective right?
By Nyarlko 2018-04-27 14:55:36  
Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Nyarlko said: »

Path D
"Blue Magic Skill"+15
"Magic Accuracy+15
"Magic Attack Bonus"+15

Colada will lose to nibiru from a pure damage perspective right?

Excluding DM augs, an average Colada would probably still lose, but not by very much tbh, and the benefits of having a sword in main-hand should outweigh a few hundred dmg per 12k nuke IMO. Not sure where a DM-aug'd nuking Colada would fit in since it should be possible to get some pretty crazy stat combos, but a "perfect" one would definitely beat Nibiru Cudgel.

For ease of comparison, here's the nuking stats for the weapons in question, with appropriate/reasonable augments:

Nibiru Cudgel, PathB: MP+50, INT+21, MND+11, MAcc+7, MAB+31, MDmg+124, MAcc Skill+215, (Cure Potency+10%, does affect BLU heals)

Iris, PathD: MAB+29, MDmg+108, Blue Magic Skill+30, MAcc Skill+201, Blue Magic casting time-7%, (Chain Affinity +25, only matters for phys spells)

Colada, Taupe: INT+12, MAcc+30(+15), MAB+29(+15), MDmg+123, MAcc Skill+201, Fast Cast+7%(+3%)

So actually, looking at what I just typed, it seems that if you have a good amount of INT otherwise, I think that a "perfect" non-DM Colada should actually beat Nibiru. I also don't know if Colada can get both types of MAcc/MAB augs at the same time like armor can, so assuming a cap of +20 on each. The lack of INT on Iris is what kills it as a true contender, but it still performs decently enough to be an option in the meantime.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-05 09:52:08  
nibiru club x2

-- edit ---
Jebus top 5ish post and its a 69days necro...
The forum activity is sure not like it used to be