2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 April 2018
Ambuscade V1 April 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By geigei 2018-04-07 03:29:09  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
The boss and adds take double damage when they are under the effect of their SP, this doesn't negate Invincible and Elemental Sforzo.
For some reason, you can skip Invincible phases at 75/50/25% if you stun the boss at the right time. For example: Shock Squall boss at 76% > bring him to 73% with a WS > no Invincible. I think a normal Stun would work because even a 3 seconds Shock Squall is enough to skip Invincible.
Always quality posts, kudos.
[+]
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-07 18:57:22  
A decent pet pdt/master acc set pup can effectively tank and be the aura breaker making a pup-geo-brd-whm-dd-dd party viable with both DDs going ham on the adds
Makes the adds go down faster

To do this them pup just needs the master to dps behind the boss while puppet tanks. This is fine enmity-wise
[+]
 Asura.Darian
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-08 03:40:54  
RUN GEO SMNx4

Buff on entry, marine stewpot on GEO and SMNs. Have RUN run in to tank and place malaise languor bubbles. Two SMNs will Astral Flow and Astral Conduit with Ramuh using Thunderspark. Each add has around 200k HP. Each Thunderspark does about 10k each. During the time that the two SMNs are conduiting, the other two will trade off apogee shock squall. The duelist will likely resist more than the other adds. Have one of the non conduiting SMNs kill him with a Volt Strike.

Once the adds are dead, swap bubbles to Frailty Torpor and have the other two SMNs place their Ramuhs on opposite side of the boss. Both ACAF and spam Volt Strike while the other two SMNs pick opposite sides and trade VS using apogee when it is up.

GEO should be ready to cure RUN should they need it. SMNs be ready for cures as needed (you shouldn't need many).

5-10min fight, but I bet someone out there can get it done in an even shorter time.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-08 04:30:45  
Asura.Darian said: »
RUN GEO SMNx4

Buff on entry, marine stewpot on GEO and SMNs. Have RUN run in to tank and place malaise languor bubbles. Two SMNs will Astral Flow and Astral Conduit with Ramuh using Thunderspark. Each add has around 200k HP. Each Thunderspark does about 10k each. During the time that the two SMNs are conduiting, the other two will trade off apogee shock squall. The duelist will likely resist more than the other adds. Have one of the non conduiting SMNs kill him with a Volt Strike.

Once the adds are dead, swap bubbles to Frailty Torpor and have the other two SMNs place their Ramuhs on opposite side of the boss. Both ACAF and spam Volt Strike while the other two SMNs pick opposite sides and trade VS using apogee when it is up.

GEO should be ready to cure RUN should they need it. SMNs be ready for cures as needed (you shouldn't need many).

5-10min fight, but I bet someone out there can get it done in an even shorter time.

Look at Mr. elite here having to use the SMN cheese method and multiple SP to do the fight in...the same amount of time everyone else is doing it without SP.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-08 04:58:48  
RUN GEO SMNx4
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-04-08 05:43:28  
Quote:
5-10min fight, but I bet someone out there can get it done in an even shorter time

We win
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-08 06:38:09  
I'm not trying to defend nor support smn burning, but on this thread there was no information on how to do it correctly for this month's ambu.

I think that there are probably some people out there that only have smn geared since it's such a op job right now (like I only have PUP), and those people will probably take that smn burn guy's info as valuable information.

If papassee posted the same thing we wouldn't say anything because papassee has been know to kick *** on smn before it was even a thing.
By Felgarr 2018-04-08 06:50:55  
I'm able to win on D as PLD, SAM, BLU, COR, BRD, WHM

PLD fights MegaBoss front and BLU at its back (to WS from behind and break aura)

SAM + COR fights MNK -> BLM -> RUN

Everyone gathers at MB and kills it while always breaking Aura.

BRD sleeps everything periodically and casts buffing 4-buff songs, but Light Carol only if MB's hate resets make breaking the aura too difficult.

Sorry I have not tried VD :(
By geigei 2018-04-08 06:53:41  
The main reason of going smn to ambush is to enter, sp and win, or when other strats are very hard.

This month is stupid easy and any pug can clear vd within 10mins.

Also papesse is known for giving good info while darian is just the forum buffoon.
[+]
By flyingsquirrel 2018-04-08 07:47:20  
Oh Idk who darian is. I only try to read the helpful stuff.. The only buffoon I know in the forums is someone who doesn't even play the game but posts more than anyone

I just saw darians post as legitimate so I didn't understand the attacking, sorryz
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2018-04-08 08:52:29  
Felgarr said: »
I'm able to win on D as PLD, SAM, BLU, COR, BRD, WHM

PLD fights MegaBoss front and BLU at its back (to WS from behind and break aura)

SAM + COR fights MNK -> BLM -> RUN

Everyone gathers at MB and kills it while always breaking Aura.

BRD sleeps everything periodically and casts buffing 4-buff songs, but Light Carol only if MB's hate resets make breaking the aura too difficult.

Sorry I have not tried VD :(
Basically the same strat I've been using for VD, but Geo instead of Blu. Blm>Run>Bst>Pet>Drk>Mnk for kill order. Just have to watch for spikes on the drk and we have the tank build hate on the mnk. Takes 6-9 min after buffs, but has been 100% win every run.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-08 11:06:43  
GEO WHM RUN/BLU DRG DRG BRD

BRD does march x2, madrigal, minuet. DRGs split up with one killing warlock first while other does tamer, GEO and BRD dispel deulist's shock spikes and reaver's dread spikes. Drgs split up and kill those. RUN uses battuta and DRGs kill pugilist. DRGs get on opposite sides of boss and spam WS when his back is turned. Use Angon. Stardiver > Stardiver the entire fight. Each add should die in 1-2 self skillchains. 5 minute fight.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-08 11:11:08  
Change the WHM to a RDM, dispel and silence are a straight -mother ***- to land from a GEO and you get Haste2 and stronger Dia, healing is a non-issue

RDM can land everything "easily" whereas it takes 10-20 casts from a GEO to silence DRK and dispel Boss
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-08 11:16:45  
GEO BRD RUN BLU/WARx3

BLUs start in cleave sets. GEO bolsters languor and malaise. BLUs cleave the group staggering spectral floe and entomb. After 2 cycles of Floe, Entomb, Crush, Anvil the adds should be dead. You may need to weaponskill the duelist once. Switch blue sets to DD that includes geist wall and jettatura. BLUs can easily manage hate to make the boss face the direction they want in order to WS from back. GEO must be ready for cures and BLUs must be able to cure themselves. Very fun fight. 7-10 min.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-04-09 12:31:46  
flyingsquirrel said: »
A decent pet pdt/master acc set pup can effectively tank and be the aura breaker making a pup-geo-brd-whm-dd-dd party viable with both DDs going ham on the adds
Makes the adds go down faster

To do this them pup just needs the master to dps behind the boss while puppet tanks. This is fine enmity-wise

What difficulty are you doing this on? D or VD? It sounds fun and I'd like to try it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-11 16:46:21  
No, no it isnt, in 21 seconds you don't do 1/4 of the damage an actual DD does.

It is not even close to viable, comparatively.

Smn without conduit as a dd is pointless.

You might do comparable damage to a haste uncapped, unbuffed, non-gear-changing DD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-11 20:10:59  
geigei said: »
The main reason of going smn to ambush is to enter, sp and win, or when other strats are very hard.

This month is stupid easy and any pug can clear vd within 10mins.

Also papesse is known for giving good info while darian is just the forum buffoon.

I've posted a wide variety of strats all sub 10 min...not to mention we just beat it last night in 3min swapping one SMN for a chainspell stun. You can call me a buffoon if you want, but I've posted 3 viable strats that allow people to go on DDs, SMNs, BLUs and then if you are down to try to get a best time...I have posted what got me my fastest yet. I think you will be hard pressed to beat RUN GEO SMNx3 RDM/BLM first SMN ACAF Thunderspark with Odyllic on warlock and then the other 2 smns VS the boss while RDM chainspell stuns.

The strats came out of several fights of tweaking and trying to use different abilities and elements in the game. SPs were invented to give characters an ability to be amazing for a short period of time, and you like to take that and twist it to become reverse smug. It's a legitimate element in the game. You gain nothing by being stubborn. Being smug about doing something in a less than optimal way isn't skill, it's stupidity.

Beat it in 3min on your DD and then post something useful for the community to use.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-04-11 20:28:29  
Fastest Run i did so Far is 7min 40 secs with RUN BRD WHM COR RNG RNG on VD
[+]
By kiania 2018-04-11 22:40:20  

Beat it in 3min on your DD and then post something useful for the community to use.

What might you consider useful, posting about how elite you are?
SMH....Moron
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-04-11 23:49:48  
While I haven't done VD successfully yet, I've been running D: Run, Cor, Brd (3-song), Whm, 2x DD. Get roughly 10 min clears. Works pretty well for people mostly non-REMA.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-11 23:52:36  
N D and VD are no harder, not even remotely. They just add one more mob and get harder to silence. That's it.

No danger of anything. No REMA needed. No sleeps needed. No buffers needed.

Everything you add just speeds it up.

5 whm/dnc and a "real tank" can do it on VD
By Quizzy 2018-04-11 23:57:38  
Post a video of your whm run.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-04-12 03:52:26  
Question regarding the Main Orc, did you guys using GEO see a difference in damage dealt when you used debuff bubbles? for us it felt that the dmg was the same with and without. due to hate reset (and careless GEO) maybe? or is it just immune to debuff? it wouldnt be the first nor the last time SE pulls that card.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-12 04:41:51  
Now that you mention it yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he's immune from debuff bubbles like Frailty.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 06:47:46  
I want to disagree. I have a hell of a time landing silence/dispel on the boss, but langour makes it land pretty reliably.

Not enough to prove it, could still be luck.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-12 08:43:27  
kiania said: »

What might you consider useful, posting about how elite you are?
SMH....Moron

Again an example of a person throwing stones and yielding no significant community value. Something useful would be a different strat with decent detail that allows others with limited job options to beat V1 VD in the fastest time possible. They give us one fight a month as new content forgive me for trying a bunch of strats. I guess I can't just like exploring the game for what's best? Maybe I should spend my time like you and be a useless community leech that spends their free time griefing and mpking?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-12 10:02:36  
Assuming a group is fairly competent the primary hold up is going to be the main NM's tendency to use Invincible frequently. This is why you want one DD working the main NM's HP down as the other one is taking care of the adds. Which brings us to the second danger / time sink which is the initial pull and sleep. The Warlock is a huge *** and can often open with Sleepga's and then sleepga again if their woke up while the RDM is still trying to silence it. It has a very potent resistance to silence so will typically need 2~3 casts to land. So there exists a very small window were the BLM can just be a ***.