Finally releasing this addon; GearInfo
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Odin.Ewellina
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 15:08:24  
Asura.Inuyushi said: »
Just relogged in and thought you should know that if loading GI at the login screen, it fails to load:

GearInfo: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Statics.lua:4: attempt to index global 'player' (a nil value). I don't know the fix, but just thought you should know incase this goes to global windower.

to be fair ive only ever had GI load once logged in automaticly, so never experienced it, will fix asap. ty for the heads up
 Asura.Inuyushi
サーバ: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-04-03 15:23:47  
Ah, new bug. If you have GearInfo on a job without a sub job you get:

GearInfor: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Calculator.lua:282: attempt to index field 'sub_job' (a nil value)
 Asura.Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-04-03 15:32:12  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Don't use GS.

But... why? It’s sooooo gooooood

Don't know how to, so just stuck with gear sets.

Should look into ashita, i found xml's to be much cleaner and easier to work with than using luas for gearswap and what not.

Ashita XML's are easy, yes. However you cannot do as complex things with XML's as Gearswap lua's. Not without basically writing a Gearswap equivalent for Ashita. I've talked with Comeatmebro about it in another thread before because Ashita has functions built into it that I have to mimic in Gearswap that sometimes get messed up.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 15:48:01  
Ah, new bug. If you have GearInfo on a job without a sub job you get:

GearInfor: Lua runtime error: gearinfo/Calculator.lua:282: attempt to index field 'sub_job' (a nil value)

the character im using to test doesnt have a mule without sub job lol, but i think i fixed it.

i assume if u dont have a sub job then windower.ffxi.get_player().sub_job returns NON
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-04-03 16:08:14  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Don't use GS.

But... why? It’s sooooo gooooood

Don't know how to, so just stuck with gear sets.

I just spend this weekend setting it up and learning gearswap for the first time. In about 10hrs I was able to understand what I was looking at, replace all my gear in the lua and have it running. Its intimidating but if your computer savy its doable with a little bit of effort.

Its absolutely *** amazing. I wish I learned it day one it was released.
 Asura.Lasareth
user: lasareth
By Asura.Lasareth 2018-04-03 17:02:35  
Looks like a handy addon. One thing I can't seem to figure out... the dual wield and dw needed values are not taking into account dw from main/sub jobs, and manually changing to dw value to account for job traits does not change the dw needed value. Not sure if it is intentional or mine's not communicating correctly. Otherwise solid features!
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 17:04:40  
Asura.Lasareth said: »
Looks like a handy addon. One thing I can't seem to figure out... the dual wield and dw needed values are not taking into account dw from main/sub jobs, and manually changing to dw value to account for job traits does not change the dw needed value. Not sure if it is intentional or mine's not communicating correctly. Otherwise solid features!

the DW shown is from gear, the calculation for DW needed does take main job sub job, job traits, job points and blue spells equipped into concideration
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 17:06:47  
Kilobyte said: »
Is there a possibility to display DT/PDT/MDT values?

This would be cool as well. I concur.

how is this? worked on the dt stuff and also fixed / enhanced the accuracy tracker. This is just basic for now, i havnt added caps and Aegis' cap breaking ability.

By Kilobyte 2018-04-03 17:12:56  
Odin.Ewellina said: »
Kilobyte said: »
Is there a possibility to display DT/PDT/MDT values?

This would be cool as well. I concur.

how is this? worked on the dt stuff and also fixed / enhanced the accuracy tracker. This is just basic for now, i havnt added caps and Aegis' cap breaking ability.

That's what I was looking for!
Once the caps are in place it will be better, obviously, but it's still handy.
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-04-03 17:15:17  
OS do I need to re download the file? every time you make changes?
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 17:17:52  
Bahamut.Neb said: »

yes and also redo a //gi parse command, to reflash all your gear to file, due to changes i possibly made.
 Bahamut.Neb
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-04-03 17:20:26  
Odin.Ewellina said: »
Bahamut.Neb said: »

yes and also redo a //gi parse command, to reflash all your gear to file, due to changes i possibly made.

Sorry if this is annoying but replace all files or a specific one in the zip?
 Asura.Lasareth
By Asura.Lasareth 2018-04-03 17:22:04  
Thanks for the quick reply. I may not be looking at it correctly.

Here's what I have... /nin SJ (25DW) and 16 in DW from gear, maxed magic and gear haste. I believe I should be capped on delay but the program says 11 DW is needed:

(link if the above doesn't work) Link

I'm not the best mathologist so I may not be calculating correctly though. The DW needed value also does not change when I change support jobs from NIN to DNC, which I believe it should based on DNC having low DW natively. Edit: DW needed does change, must have bugged out when I first checked.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 17:35:49  

the DW from gear is not taken away from the DW needed value. the only way for u to drop the DW needed further is for u to go /dnc pop haste samba and go poke a mob. GI will tetect that u are hitting the mob giving u haste spikes and will adjust the value. it just so happens that even if u are /dnc or /nin u need the same amount of DW with capped magic haste.

here is an example 1st is /nin with same gear equipped but 300 magic haste and second is /dnc with 300 magic haste again

so in essence u need the DW to match the DW needed value, and you are golden, anything over and your tp/hit will start to drop pointlessly as you are at attack speed cap and DW lowers your tp per hit
 Asura.Lasareth
By Asura.Lasareth 2018-04-03 17:38:42  
OK, thank you. I guess I misunderstood. So if my DW values is = or > than "DW needed", I should be at delay cap. Is that correct?

Thanks again!
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 17:39:55  
Asura.Lasareth said: »
OK, thank you. I guess I misunderstood. So if my DW values is = or > than "DW needed", I should be at delay cap. Is that correct?

Thanks again!
indeed you are correct
 Carbuncle.Rajang
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-03 18:17:35  
Hello, this looks great!

I just wanted to point something out. When the haste values on my equipped pieces are 8, 4, 4, 6, and 3, I shouldn't be getting 256/1024 for gear haste, since a rounding down to the closest value out of 1024 occurs per piece. I think in the Gear_Processing.lua, the haste values stated on the pieces are being summed first, then rounded to a fraction out of 1024, when the rounding needs to happen before summing.

Unless I am doing something completely wrong here, with the above example, I should only be at 252/1024.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 18:32:25  

ok i added caps and check for pdt2 and mdt2. Will be uploading it soon

[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-03 18:35:39  
Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Hello, this looks great!

I just wanted to point something out. When the haste values on my equipped pieces are 8, 4, 4, 6, and 3, I shouldn't be getting 256/1024 for gear haste, since a rounding down to the closest value out of 1024 occurs per piece. I think in the Gear_Processing.lua, the haste values stated on the pieces are being summed first, then rounded to a fraction out of 1024, when the rounding needs to happen before summing.

Unless I am doing something completely wrong here, with the above example, I should only be at 252/1024.

Exact haste values for equipment have always varied by piece. ._.;; There is no hard/fast rule to go by, so it's only safer to round down. The old rule of thumb to aim for 26% was just to account for not knowing every piece of equipment's precise haste values. In other words, it's entirely possible that with your exact gear, rather than 252/1024, you could just as easily be at 250/1024 or 260/1024+.. It just depends on the gear.

For the purposes of this addon, I think it's fine to go with the 25% = 256/1024 assumption. Maybe change the cappped value color change to over 26% to compensate?
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 18:40:36  
Hello, this looks great!

Thanks for that and i have fixed it, will push update shortly with all the above fixes and additions
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-03 18:44:02  
Ah, thanks for the reply, Nyarlko.

I was under the impression that the exact values were just int([stated value]*1024/100) out of 1024, so each piece was always missing a small fraction. I think most of us already just go to 26%~ in gear, so it shouldn't be an issue. I just wasn't entirely sure if the proposed calculation would affect the required DW values if someone was sitting at 24, or 25%, for instance, so I wanted to bring it up.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 18:52:20  

I was under the impression that the exact values were just int([stated value]*1024/100) out of 1024, so each piece was always missing a small fraction. I think most of us already just go to 26%~ in gear, so it shouldn't be an issue. I just wasn't entirely sure if the proposed calculation would affect the required DW values if someone was sitting at 24, or 25%, for instance, so I wanted to bring it up.

i change dit now so.... Dont make me change back lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-04-03 18:54:33  
That's awesome. \o.o/

Sorry for the nitpikcing. I love the addon so far.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 19:02:19  
ok i pushed the new update 'v1.6.4.0'. you can find it here. I also updated the link in the original post. I'm goin to bed now, its 1am, and wife is prob super pissed lol. Any more bugs / Requests will be delt with another time.

Only bug i didnt fix was error when loading addon at loading screen. just load it once character is fully in game. if the acc parser isnt accurate then open equip screen (its a packet issue).

new command also added //gi show dt to show the new displays with cap calculatiosn based on what u have equipped.

dont forget to //gi parse after getting the new files or some of the new stuff wont work.

edit: found a funny bug, lua thinks that 0 x (-1) = -0 ... i find that rather amusing ^^. will fix it tomorow.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-03 19:22:47  

I believe the majority of known values are like Haste+4 = 40/1024, but I also know there are exceptions to this, and that there are exceptions within the exceptions that the exact value is higher than what would be normally expected. :/

DW/MA apply before any haste effects, so even at the worst case scenario for precise haste values involved, DW+1% would more than cover the loss of Haste+1%.
 Odin.Ewellina
By Odin.Ewellina 2018-04-03 19:33:58  
if you literally just grabbed 'v1.6.4.0', grab it again. i messed up the upload.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-04-03 20:01:20  
Ty good sir - this is a gift in its own right -

If you were on bismarck id hug you ~
 Asura.Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-04-03 20:12:13  
Defence is spelled incorrectly. It's Defense. Keep up the awesome work! I want to keep working with this to try and integrate it with my Lua's so I can feed information back and forth.
By Kilobyte 2018-04-03 21:29:44  
DT set bonus from Souvern +1 doesn't calculate (not sure if it's possible), but wanted to let you know.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-03 21:36:54  
Defence is spelled incorrectly. It's Defense.

Defense is only correct in the USA. Everywhere else (Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc), the proper spelling is defence.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14