フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI HD Mods
FFXI HD Mods
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 46 47 48
By RadialArcana 2020-10-03 13:48:26  
[+]
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-04 02:31:03  
Returning to the game after a 2 year hiatus. WTH happened to kireek (OP) and his HD mods?
By RadialArcana 2020-10-07 12:00:42  
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-09 03:04:18  
Looks great, cheers for following it up.

Do you have a DL yet?
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2020-10-09 05:47:14  
Anyone has a link for the latest complete set of FFXI HD files?, would be great , thanks!
By RadialArcana 2020-10-09 09:46:09  
Ruaumoko said: »
Looks great, cheers for following it up.

Do you have a DL yet?

Yeah will zip em up and post later on today, have a few variations and need to double check they are all correct etc.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-09 11:17:13  
PLD AF3 HD mod for all races.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IiWvIEfSKSUB8y8p9uyI1LooicOLl5XK/view?usp=sharing

Normal double size texture mods (1 in image) are all in the race folders, higher res texture of the body (2) is in "ZZ Higher Res Body" and alternate body (3) is also in the same folder.
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-10 21:15:38  
Will you ever make your all in one pack available again to download, Radial?
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-10-13 20:51:56  
RadialArcana said: »

do i need DG voodo for this coz i just tried and does not seem to work
By RadialArcana 2020-10-14 04:36:59  
Asura.Jugsofholyness said: »
Will you ever make your all in one pack available again to download, Radial?

yeah, I wanted to organize the files better / zip into smaller sizes / delete / reupload some stuff cause the google drive is nearing capacity. I just haven't got around to it yet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Onimenokyo
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Onimenokyo 2020-10-15 07:46:59  
Updated the all in one drag-n-drop megapack to fix the UI changes SE made that was crashing ppl and fixed that legless NPC in rakaznar and removed the HD reisenjima for now. As always theres a .txt in there that lists all the dats and who made what.

Mirror 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rp5wrqnX5Zb_GwCgTAlKTYPMWw9Ic-em/view?usp=sharing

Mirror 2

**edit
updated version later in the forum
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-15 10:28:43  
I want to put something to bed regarding black screening in Lower Jeuno & Reisenjima with certain overhaul mods installed.

I have the Zotac 3090, the latest halo product from Nvidia. This is currently one of the fastest graphics card on the planet, with a sizeable 24gbs of VRAM that most gamers will never use.

I still black screen 50% of the time when entering Lower Jeuno & Reisenjima with Amelila's Overhaul mod installed.

For those who don't know, texture mods like those seen in Skyrim (either realistic skin, or big floppy boobs flying around) depend entirely on the amount of VRAM available to your graphics card. No AAA title comes close to needing 24 gigs of VRAM.

So what does this tell us? I have 2 possible guesses:
1. Amelila's Overhaul mod is unoptimized as ***, causing even a $1500 GPU to black screen
2. Amelila's Overhaul mod is optimized, but due to game system limitations it cannot draw more than 2gigs of VRAM from the GPU so it black screens

There is nothing wrong with Amelila's AI Upscale 1 and 2 packs however.

My point of all is don't go blaming RadialArcana or any mod author, "oh why do I black screen cuz of your mod".

I sorted all of these mods by author and installed them one by one instead of an "all in one" pack, so trust me, Amelila's Overhaul mod is the only thing that will cause you to black screen

TLDR: All in one packs bad and you should feel bad.

EDIT: I just noticed your post Onimenokyo. Please know that I wasn't talking about you.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-15 10:35:23  
2. Amelila's Overhaul mod is optimized, but due to game system limitations it cannot draw more than 2gigs of VRAM from the GPU so it black screens

This is an interesting number, because it's also the highest built in VRAM setting in dgvoodoo. I don't suppose you're using dgvoodoo, are you?
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-15 10:42:12  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

This is an interesting number, because it's also the max VRAM you can allocate to the virtual gpu dgvoodoo is utilizing. I don't suppose you're using dgvoodoo, are you?

I am using DGVoodo. I even use GShade (sometimes). Yes, I got GShade, which is meant for FF14, to work with FF11.

I duo box with both accounts running ALL those mods you see in that picture (except for the "Megapack") and ever since I removed the Megapack from XI Pivot I no longer crash in Reisen or Lower Jeuno

EDIT: I even edited DGVoodo's config file to use "24576" VRAM and I still had black screens with the Megapack installed. So I reverted it back to 2gigs, uninstalled Megapack and voila, no more black screens.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-15 10:43:29  
If you're using dgvoodoo, instead of setting the dropdown to 2048 MB for VRAM, try manually typing in something larger (maybe '4096 MB'). Then restart and see if you still crash. It doesn't matter that your GPU has 24GB of vram, if you're using dgvoodoo the game is running through a virtualized GPU with only the amount of VRAM that dgvoodoo is set to have.

(I edited earlier post because I realized that despite the drop down menu only going to 2048MB, it does support typed in values as well.)
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-15 10:49:14  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you're using dgvoodoo, instead of setting the dropdown to 2048 MB for VRAM, try manually typing in something larger (maybe '4096 MB'). Then restart and see if you still crash. It doesn't matter that your GPU has 24GB of vram, if you're using dgvoodoo the game is running through a virtualized GPU with only the amount of VRAM that dgvoodoo is set to have.

(I edited earlier post because I realized that despite the drop down menu only going to 2048MB, it does support typed in values as well.)

Yes, I asked the Windower devs on their Discord what is the correct value for 24gigs in computer programming. They told me 24576 so I tried that to see if I still black screened and I still did.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-15 10:51:26  
24576 MB is more than 24GB, and the value you set for dgvoodoo is used by each instance. So, assuming you did manage to set it correctly to that value, you'd have allocated more than double the VRAM you actually have while dualboxing.
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-15 10:56:31  
I'd like to also add that I have Ashenbulb's HD pack installed, which upscales almost everything in the game from armor, weapons, and faces to 4k. So what happens when I encounter a whole grip of AFK people in Mhaura all in 4k? My FPS drops from 57 down to about 35 average, but still no black screens.

The game is constantly removing people from my game screen, showing me only the ones closest/relevant to me, so my FPS fluctuates a lot between 57 and 35 when I run through a crowd of people like in Mhaura.

So that leaves me with the question:
Is my FPS fluctuating because I've installed so many 4k texture upscale mods, or would it fluctuate anyway because the game is old and unoptimized?

I guess since I'm using XI Pivot I could test it out when I wake up
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-15 10:59:48  
It's fluctuating because of the mods. The game being old and unoptimized is a contributing factor, but even a 1080 can maintain 60 fps on 2 instances without mods.
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-15 11:15:25  

That 40FPS there is consistent with what I would get if I just stand in that same spot with all the 4k textures installed. In that screenshot the only mods active are:

Draw Distance set to 10 via init.txt
DGVoodoo2
RadialArcana HD Fonts
RadialArcana HD Level Up
XI View October 2020
Amelila Mog Houses
Amelila Ru'Aun Gardens
Amelila San d'Oria Shops

Basically all the mods that had to be installed directly instead of via XI Pivot.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-15 11:41:12  
You have windower's minimap up right there, so that's obviously not a complete list of things you're using. Many parts of windower(or ashita for that matter) will process every frame and this can slow things down. Also note that many pivot changes won't apply until you zone.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-15 14:34:42  
I've never had the blackscreen issue, I don't use windows 10 or DGvoodoo, however I also don't install all mods either.

So it could be one of those issues, or it could be simply that FFXI (being a ps2 game) is locked at a certain amount of ram usage and if you go over that it causes the issue.

However I made a smaller verison of Reisenjima you can play with if you want.

Quote:
A smaller version of Amelilas Reisinjima mod, changed from 113meg to 70 meg, if you have any problems with this zone try this smaller version.

Reisenjima smaller version of Amelias HD zone mod.

https://tinyurl.com/y4w2s6f2

Rom > 342 > 73.dat

Also mipmapping with mods is a bad idea, it strains your computer because unlike most games that store the mipmaps (smaller verisons of the textures the game swaps in as you move away from stuff) in the game files FFXI makes them all on the fly.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ashleyz 2020-10-15 14:49:39  
I have never had the black screen issue using HD dats. My system can have 4 characters in Lower Jeuno or Reisenjima HD dat zone at the same time with no issues. I am running a 1080 ti with 11gb of VRAM and I do not use DGvoodoo.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-15 14:54:26  
Asura.Lioncourt said: »
@RadialArcana, any chance you have the Adamas shield or the black Abyssea cloth armor on your to do list? (Ebon coat, frock, talar)

Which race / sex combo?
By RadialArcana 2020-10-15 15:12:12  
Ashleyz said: »
I have never had the black screen issue using HD dats. My system can have 4 characters in Lower Jeuno or Reisenjima HD dat zone at the same time with no issues. I am running a 1080 ti with 11gb of VRAM and I do not use DGvoodoo.

I'll send you a link to a new one to test!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-15 17:31:15  

Mithra black swimsuit bottoms.

Can replace:

rom/357/72.dat (blue fancy swimsuit bottoms)
rom/335/15.dat (red cossie swimsuit bottom)
rom/339/34.dat (track pants)

Since it's a leg and feet combined model it can only replace similar ones.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBMl4q4nf-nYxIw5STfW1XBxubwInRor/view?usp=sharing
By Ashleyz 2020-10-15 17:39:06  
Ashleyz said: »

I'll send you a link to a new one to test!
It works flawlessly and compliments the HD Lower Jeuno mod. Thank you!!!
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-15 20:25:00  
I've never had the blackscreen issue, I don't use windows 10 or DGvoodoo, however I also don't install all mods either.

So it could be one of those issues, or it could be simply that FFXI (being a ps2 game) is locked at a certain amount of ram usage and if you go over that it causes the issue.

A smaller version of Amelilas Reisinjima mod, changed from 113meg to 70 meg, if you have any problems with this zone try this smaller version.

https://tinyurl.com/y4w2s6f2

Rom > 342 > 73.dat

Also mipmapping with mods is a bad idea, it strains your computer because unlike most games that store the mipmaps (smaller verisons of the textures the game swaps in as you move away from stuff) in the game files FFXI makes them all on the fly.

So I've been ingame with your edited Amelila file for like an hour now, standing in Reisenjima. I then zoned out to Tahrongi Canyon and back in four times and still no black screen.

EDIT: I've never had MipMapping on (I've verified that it's still off), and I'm currently using all of Ashenbub's 4k textures too. I'll try playing another MMO and stream at the same time while FF11 is still up to see if I will still black screen with your edited Reisen.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 46 47 48