Annoyed By Lags "killing" Precast/midcast In GS

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Annoyed by lags "killing" precast/midcast in GS
Annoyed by lags "killing" precast/midcast in GS
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-01-08 10:03:33  
Do gear sets get affected by this issue? First time in Dynamis lastnight as summoner and my BP timers were all over the place from 35s to 21s and damage was crazy affected.

I would imagine they would be impacted as well if it's communication between client and server..
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-08 10:04:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
If Comeatmebro's explanation is correct (and it makes a lot of sense to me) then in theory you could be able to replicate this even with GS/Ashita, simply creating custom rules that avoid the usage of Precast/Midcast/Aftercast logic but simply execute actions in a sequence with fixed /waits in between.
That's more or less the approach I'm taking in my new attempt. Well, my approach really only goes halfway.

Precast & midcast should always be reliable, because they don't rely on server messages. So my plan is for blood pacts to use midcast to equip BP timer gear, as well as start a 200ms timer to equip your BP gear that would normally be equipped on pet_midcast.

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Do gear sets get affected by this issue? First time in Dynamis lastnight as summoner and my BP timers were all over the place from 35s to 21s and damage was crazy affected.

I would imagine they would be impacted as well if it's communication between client and server..
They shouldn't be, if you're using Gearswap. If using in-game macros, it may be possible. That said, I do sometimes have this happen to me but it's extremely rare, like once a month at most and have never had it happen twice in the same event.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-08 10:23:56  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
as well as start a 200ms timer to equip your BP gear that would normally be equipped on pet_midcast.
Depending on the exact model gearswap uses, you may want to do this differently. I am assuming when you hit the BP macro, it queues the packets for precast, action, and midcast to be injected. If this is the case, packet injections are processed roughly every 350ms.

So, if you are triggering it in the 0-150ms range since last outgoing chunk, you'll end up with:
precast(empty)<action<midcast(bp timer)<bp gear
all inserted into the same chunk, which will ruin your timer.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-08 10:47:38  
No I'm actually setting a 200ms timer in the console to do a callback to Gearswap to equip the BP damage gear via self_command, basically passing the blood pact name back to self_command so it can equip the correct gear for the BP.

So it should hopefully be in separate packets/chunks that way. That's the plan anyway, haven't been able to test it yet. If I need to increase to 400ms instead of 200, that shouldn't be a problem, as BP ready time is 1250ms.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-08 10:49:35  
Right, my point is that the game itself only sends out data every 350ms, and windower can only add packets by shoving them onto the end of the already outgoing data.

Thus, if both the action packet and the (200ms delayed) set packet are processed within the same 350ms interval, you'll end up going straight to BP gear and missing the timer. It doesn't matter how you do the 200ms delay, it matters that a full packet interval has to pass in between your delay gear and your damage gear.

0ms: Action packet and midcast bp delay gear queued
200ms: bp gear queued
350ms: game sends outgoing packet, all of it goes out at once, even though it was queued 200ms apart
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-08 10:50:31  
Ah you responded before I got my edit in! Here's the edit: If I need to increase to 400ms instead of 200, that shouldn't be a problem, as BP ready time is 1250ms.

I may just go ahead and do that anyway. Appreciate the input!
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-01-10 20:15:13  
I've updated my Lua with the new lag compensation mode. Feel free to try it out:

https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

You can access it by doing "//gs c LagMode" or changing the default on line 48 from "false" to "true" if you always want it on.

I ended up going with a 500ms delay. So during JA midcast it will swap to BP timer gear, then half a second later it'll swap to the damage/duration gear without waiting for the aftercast or pet_midcast events to trigger.

No idea when my lag will ever be bad enough to test it again (first world problems right?) so I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who does try it. Cheers!

P.S. If you use "//gs disable all" to lock yourself in BP gear during Conduit then you'll probably want to continue doing that. I wouldn't be surprised if spamming your macro gets this mode a bit confused in heavy lag.

Edit: Sorry it's broken again I'll try to fix it

Edit 2: Fixed
By shubb1282 2019-01-11 06:07:51  
I'll try and sort out where to add your code to the lua i'm using. It'll be early Feb before I'm again in a high lag situation and can really test it out. Thank you and I'll update when I'm able to put it through the ringer.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By shubb1282 2019-03-02 06:42:58  
My lua is a bit different than yours so it was above my understanding to incorporate it. I was able to show it to Arislan and he was able to adapt it. So far it is working perfectly, I haven't stuck it through the ringer yet but I was able to test cleaving in Escha-Zitah. With my normal GS loaded I was not equipping bb dmg gear about 80% of the time. Using your script in my GS modified by Arislan it was working 100% of the time. My smn is now playable again, thank you all for the help.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-04 10:13:58  
That's great news, thanks for the follow-up and I'm glad it's working well for you!