Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:12:20  
DirectX said: »
So by your very logic a murder of a downs syndrome person because they are downs syndrome it would be just a murder and hate crime does not exist. If not, how is this logically inconsistent with your premise?

Murdering babies...normally that is frowned upon unless the baby has a gun.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-03 10:14:11  
So by your very logic a murder of a downs syndrome person because they are downs syndrome it would be just a murder and hate crime does not exist. If not, how is this logically inconsistent with your premise?

This right here is why you're not understanding your own question.

A fetus is not a person, legally speaking. Legally speaking, a fetus is a biological organism that is growing inside a person.

When it becomes a person is subject to your personal belief, and can sway your own decisions about abortion.

However, it renders your argument invalid because in order to legally be a hate crime, it would have to be perpetrated toward someone who is legally a person.

If they were to pass a law stating that all fetuses are persons under the definition of the law, an abortion would be both murder and, in your instance, a hate crime. Legally speaking.

But as it stands your question does not have merit because, again, legally speaking a hate crime cannot be perpetrated on a non-entity.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-03 10:14:41  
fonewear said: »
Murdering babies...normally that is frowned upon unless the baby has a gun.

Don't you oppress that baby's Second Amendment rights, you monster.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:15:35  
Ramyrez said: »

This right here is why you're not understanding your own question.

A fetus is not a person, legally speaking. Legally speaking, a fetus is a biological organism that is growing inside a person.

When it becomes a person is subject to your personal belief, and can sway your own decisions about abortion.

However, it renders your argument invalid because in order to legally be a hate crime, it would have to be perpetrated toward someone who is legally a person.

If they were to pass a law stating that all fetuses are persons under the definition of the law, an abortion would be both murder and, in your instance, a hate crime. Legally speaking.

But as it stands your question does not have merit because, again, legally speaking a hate crime cannot be perpetrated on a non-entity.

What if the baby hates abortions...then yea something !
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:16:15  
If that baby wants to a hate crime let em ! This is America !

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:17:45  
What point is a baby alive...when they sing "Hit me baby one more time"

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:20:23  
I don't think you should kill babies unless you have a good reason. And having downs syndrome to me is not a good reason.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-01-03 10:22:44  
'hate crime' is a stupid term, made up by retards trying to punish other retards more harshly for things they would've already been punished for.

A murder is enough. the reasons behind it are really neither here nor there once a life has been taken. the reasons should obviously effect the punishment, but that's what our courts have been doing anyway since we decided to part with the throne.

I think we need to drop 'hate crime' from your premise to move forward. you sound silly.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 10:24:31  
There could be many rationals for murder of anyone that does not include a hate crime.

Indeed in "stand your ground" stated all that is needed is the quite subjective "I felt threatened". I vaguely remember a case where someone in an SUV rolled down his window and blew someone with down's syndrome away. All perfectly legal because "I felt threatened".

Several states have passed laws baring abortions due to genetic abnormality, but the reason would be quite hard to prove without breaching physician - patient confidentiality.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:26:00  
The main problem with DirectX is he is from the UK...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 10:28:09  
Edit: states.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-01-03 10:29:31  
I'm not American, little about America surprises me. I think the problem here is you're all American.

doesn't mean we can't have a pint and share ideas, mate.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:30:11  
That's it I'm going to dump tea in the ocean just to protest DirectX.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-01-03 10:30:18  
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff?

Quote:
“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad ***, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

Bannon went on, Wolff writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up “in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people”. Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”.

Bannon added: “You never see it, you never know it, because you don’t need to … But that’s the brain trust that they had.”

Bannon has criticised Trump’s decision to fire Comey. In Wolff’s book, obtained by the Guardian ahead of publication from a bookseller in New England, he suggests White House hopes for a quick end to the Mueller investigation are gravely misplaced.

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to *** Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Last month it was reported that federal prosecutors had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, the German financial institution that has lent hundreds of millions of dollars to the Kushner property empire. Bannon continues: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner ***. The Kushner ***is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

Scorning apparent White House insouciance, Bannon reaches for a hurricane metaphor: “They’re sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five.”

....Fire and Fury will be published next week.

In the words of the Mooch. “He’s in the corner trying to suck his own ***.”

Happy New Year.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 10:31:01  
I'm not American, little about America surprises me. I think the problem here is you're all American.
Could be.

We do have other non American posters here. None active at this moment. Also our more right wing posters are suspiciously absent.

QUICK!!! Alert Alex Jones!!! This is a conspiracy!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:32:23  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Could be.

We do have other non American posters here. None active at this moment. Also our more right wing posters are suspiciously absent.

QUICK!!! Alert Alex Jones!!! This is a conspiracy!!!

They are putting stuff in the water to turn the freaking frogs gay !
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:33:12  
The gay bomb is currently in San Francisco and it is fabulous.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-03 10:42:45  
I think the problem here is you're all American.

Xenophobia is always helpful.

If a person believes that a baby at 24 weeks is a person, and they believe that killing a person because they have downs syndrome is a hate crime (as well as a murder) then could that same person rationally argue that aborting a downs syndrome baby is not a hate crime (as well as an abortion), in your opinion?

The obvious answer here is yes. That's a simple if > then equation.
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:44:24  
What we need is the magic school bus. To go inside the womb and interview the baby. See if it is self aware.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-03 10:45:29  
What we need is the magic school bus. To go inside the womb and interview the baby. See if it is self aware.

I see your Magic School Bus and raise you a:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-03 10:51:55  

I see your Magic School Bus and raise you a:

Raise you this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-03 12:26:49  
Things are getting a bit explodey today...

Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'
CNN

Best lines:
Quote:
"The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers," Bannon continued, according to the Guardian. "Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s***, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

Bannon also reportedly told Wolff: "They're going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."

Exclusive: Previously undisclosed emails show follow-up after Trump Tower meeting
CNN

EMAILS!!! And not Hillary's!!!

Fusion GPS co-founders slam GOP's 'fake investigations'
CNN

Kinda tame compared to Bannon's but...

And I will check other sources on this stuff.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-03 12:51:19  
Yeah, you can't be calling Steve Bannon a lunatic for years and then turn around and claim his words suddenly matter when he starts talking like Candlejack.
By Ramyrez 2018-01-03 12:56:09  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah, you can't be calling Steve Bannon a lunatic for years and then turn around and claim his words suddenly matter when he starts talking like Candlejack.

Works both ways though. He was brilliant...until he wasn't?

He's was a raging xenophobic douchebag...until he said something we liked?

The guy is a worthless piece of ***a year ago and he still is today.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-03 13:02:25  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Works both ways though. He was brilliant...until he wasn't?

He's was a raging xenophobic douchebag...until he said something we liked?

The guy is a worthless piece of ***a year ago and he still is today.

I dunno, I never cared for him in the first place.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-01-03 13:06:24  
Criticism of Bannon was moreso his involvement with Breitbart, and that he's a bigoted opportunist who wormed his way into a top White House position he had no business holding. Not really that he was a lunatic. Either way I'll take whatever he says with a grain of salt.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-03 13:11:37  
Trump says bannon has lost his mind and all he is doing is sounding off in the same way trump does...sooooo....
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57