Ambuscade Volume 1-December 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 14:20:55  
Asura.Geriond said: »
3 minute clears on D without a single SMN isn't a waste of time or effort.

That's way to much work when smn takes 25 seconds, and a minute of afk time to mmm
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-15 14:22:28  
It's not work when it's fun. It works on VD, too, with it just taking slightly longer.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-15 15:13:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
3 minute clears on D without a single SMN isn't a waste of time or effort.

That's way to much work when smn takes 25 seconds, and a minute of afk time to mmm

I think someone created a thread to whine about SMN...
None of the comments here showed interest in your favorite AC/AF strat~
 Asura.Technicz
user: technicz
By Asura.Technicz 2017-12-15 19:01:53  
Quote:
To lock debuffs we did cast barspell matching the Bozzetto Breadwinner Ability.

Freezing Meeble Warble = Barblizzara
Flaming Meeble Warble = Barfira
Shocking Meeble Warble = Barthundra
Deluging Meeble Warble = Barwatera

You may want to erase the tank after he did Drill Claw (HP Down).

• Afflatus Misery + Esuna is very handy on this particular fight since many different debuffs going out

• Was unable to dodge the AOE's using Afflatus Solace and max cure distance, so may want to just group up to heal and scatter when Housekeeper comes out; dangerous but very efficient to AOE Esuna the debuffs

• I did not notice a pattern the to TP moves, so assuming they are randomly selected

• Seen the same element-based TP move back to back; for me it was Lithicx2

• As a result, I'm unsure how you would lock the debuffs by just happening to guess the right element before he uses the TP move

• By the time he uses the TP move, I'm mostly doing Esuna, Curaga, and/or Cura (more potent in Misery) if the damage was minor enough

• I can Bar the new element after this, but it seems like a waste if I clear the debuff and he may just swap elements with a new TP ability

Unverified thoughts:

If you Counter/Retalliation and hit the Urchins, then you're gonna have a bad time.
If you have Spikes on and damage the Urchins, then you're gonna have a bad time.
I'm unsure if you directly need to target them, or if any damage whatsoever causes NM to Soul Eater + Hundred Fists and rip your face off.

Any other tips/tricks would be nice to know for this one!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-15 19:18:32  
Using BLU in this V1 proved to be the best option so far with RUN
They have access to Harden Shell AoE making the fight a lot easier under 50% and should last till it’s dead.
Plus a multi sc ending with Radiance is the way to go so plan accordingly.
Unless you’re in closer proximity to Japanese servers, keeping up with bar changes might be an issue but you could try that one too.
If you can’t get a SMN for buffs then WHM BLU BLU/COR RUN BRD GEO works just fine. If COR use MEva or Defense roll with Samurai.
You will rarely get adds or even Housemaker if silence was on full time.
Hope that helps
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-12-15 19:25:51  
Asura.Technicz said: »
Unverified thoughts:

If you Counter/Retalliation and hit the Urchins, then you're gonna have a bad time.
If you have Spikes on and damage the Urchins, then you're gonna have a bad time.
I'm unsure if you directly need to target them, or if any damage whatsoever causes NM to Soul Eater + Hundred Fists and rip your face off.

Adds uses Souleater/HF after the boss does his next move, it has nothing to do with attacking them. Basically, from the moment they spawn you have about 30 seconds before Souleater/HF.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-15 19:34:44  
As Geriond pointed out, can do VD without SMN. Our group did RUN DRK BRD SAM COR WHM GEO. Used Scherzo for 5th song. WHM should stand in range for MIsery Esuna. RUN pulls NM to corner as far as he can. GEO silences, or sam/drk can gecko. Basically it's a standard fight, as long as tank doesn't die, it's not hard at all. Biggest threat is max HP down, which is extremely potent (took me from around 2900 - 550), and the virus is about -350 tp loss/tick.

Started the fight with RUN using Full Break, then it was spam fest from there on. When adds popped, Use Battuta to control your damage taken, and OFA for help with hate helps too. Pflug comes in handy.

BRDs job to keep adds asleep as soon as they pop. Probably 500x easier if we had just did a consistent 3-step for max dmg but we were just winging it. Required a few SPs (bolster, SVCC) to edge it out, but it's not nearly as impossible/impractical as it's made out to be. It's a fun challenge and I wouldn't mind doing VD1 anytime with that setup.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-12-15 19:51:11  
Did you mean WHM instead of COR I assume? You have 7 jobs you list in that post.

Edit: For those of you not SMN burning, don't forget you can dispel souleater off the adds.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-15 20:22:49  
Asura.Technicz said: »
Quote:
To lock debuffs we did cast barspell matching the Bozzetto Breadwinner Ability.

Freezing Meeble Warble = Barblizzara
Flaming Meeble Warble = Barfira
Shocking Meeble Warble = Barthundra
Deluging Meeble Warble = Barwatera

You may want to erase the tank after he did Drill Claw (HP Down).

• Afflatus Misery + Esuna is very handy on this particular fight since many different debuffs going out

• Was unable to dodge the AOE's using Afflatus Solace and max cure distance, so may want to just group up to heal and scatter when Housekeeper comes out; dangerous but very efficient to AOE Esuna the debuffs

• I did not notice a pattern the to TP moves, so assuming they are randomly selected

• Seen the same element-based TP move back to back; for me it was Lithicx2

• As a result, I'm unsure how you would lock the debuffs by just happening to guess the right element before he uses the TP move

• By the time he uses the TP move, I'm mostly doing Esuna, Curaga, and/or Cura (more potent in Misery) if the damage was minor enough

• I can Bar the new element after this, but it seems like a waste if I clear the debuff and he may just swap elements with a new TP ability

Unverified thoughts:

You can barspell after he starts readying but before he pulls it off to nullify them all (get a barspeller that doesn't do much most of the time, like a cor, geo, or brd).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-15 21:55:43  
meant whm, thanks
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-12-15 23:33:00  
So question, if using devine/healing causes the meeble to target the whm, would using Regen5 with acc/perp outside be enough to keep ppl up if sleeps go well and what not?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-15 23:40:43  
From my experience, it's not HP recovery that the add targets. Every single time we've done it, the add specifically targets the COR/WHM, and the only things they do are roll and Bar- spells.

That being said, having somebody give Regen 5 outside is fantastic to cut down on healing needs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-16 02:04:18  
If the goal was to use the bar before the move, they would've made the moves in a set order.

It's really not that hard to use misery and esuna/cura

yes, it's annoying. but the aoe is so large, whm should be in range anyway.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-16 02:19:52  
Using bar's is definitely what they planned considering even /whm bar works. It's pretty easy to do at lower difficulty but it's still perfectly doable at higher, though connection/distance plays into that.

If you're not in Japan it's probably easier to just pick one element you don't wanna deal with and just power through though, hehe.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-16 04:05:58  
Edit: iSuck sorry
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-16 07:44:11  
Some additional info:

1. On VE, there is no Housekeeper; it does not even spawn behind the pillar. Housekeeper spawns behind pillar on E and higher.

2. Barspells do in fact counter the Warble moves, and /WHM is more than enough to counter it. You have about 1 second to cast the spell. It does not appear to be a move that is spammed; would not be surprised if Warble was on a timer. The same element can be repeated back to back.

3. Threnody + Silence from BRD/WHM was not enough to land silence (threnody landed fine); however Threnody + Paralyze landed fine.

4. Even when BRD/WHM uses Cure IV, Housekeeper will go after WHM; there seems to be a separate hate list for curing. Even when WHM died and reraised, it would still go after WHM despite BRD using plenty of Cure IV and curagas.

5. On every single run we've tried, the Housekeeper did not run in to attack until boss was under 50% HP.
By tyalangan 2017-12-16 08:12:51  
On every VD or D run I’ve done we’ve had a silencer and the Housekeeper still aggroed. Several pages back it was determined that silence prevented HK aggro. Now, have we determined it just keeps him from aggroing for a longer time or are the silencers I’ve used letting it wear?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-16 08:47:52  
tyalangan said: »
On every VD or D run I’ve done we’ve had a silencer and the Housekeeper still aggroed. Several pages back it was determined that silence prevented HK aggro. Now, have we determined it just keeps him from aggroing for a longer time or are the silencers I’ve used letting it wear?

We've kept it silenced the entire fight and at 5% it ran over and blasted us on VD. On D it seems to never be an issue if kept silenced. VD has something different about it. Same with the adds, we are able to perfectly cycle barspells and on VD the adds would still occasionally pop on warble.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-16 09:27:23  
Silence reduces the odds of HK aggroing or adds popping, but it doesn't eliminate them. I've seen both on N and D even when the boss was silenced at the time.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-12-16 10:03:56  
Just think about silence having some sort of interrupt chance when it is active for things like adds. Not that it entirely prevents them. One reason our group just decided to kill adds when they spawn regardless, though we still do silence. Two WS from a geared DD into a self SC kills the adds on VD no problem, so they are just a minor nuisance. This has allowed us to neglect this requirement of bard for setups that may not allow it. So basically our setup for the most part now consists of 2 support, 1 cor/whm, 2 DD, RUN as tank/dd. COR just runs away if housekeeper happens to show up. Then immediately comes back for bar spells.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-16 10:17:18  
If you manage to get it down to 50% before the third warble, then the chances are you will not encounter adds nor Housmaker~

This is still to be confirmed, since the amount of times this happened was 13/15 and on both cases when it did happen Plauge got the BLU and we were slow to RAD it to 50%.

Also the proximity of Breadwinner to Housemaker seems to affect Warbles effect.
By Darksparksnot 2017-12-16 11:48:55  
So hows smn burn? Just conduit? How many smn, what pact?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-16 12:37:36  
Darksparksnot said: »

3 Well geared smn, geo cor run / prebuff sch regen pro shell

G/R fire > conduit Flaming Crush takes 25 seconds 6 pacts per SMN VD

You DO need a very good set. I'm about 50~ macc short of perfect, and resisted a good 25%. (missing af+3 body/feet and better aug on Grio)

Volt burning doesn't work very well... but it's possible.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-16 13:09:29  
Has anyone else seen the Breadwinner stop usin Warbles?

was runnin some N yesterday and during 1 fight he stopped usin them all together around 40% or so. Cant say for certain but it seemed like when we turned around for 100 fists after that he cut em out.

Not sure if it was a bug or if there is a trigger for it.

EDIT : didnt read the last few posts. someone already mentioned the speed of kill could have to do with it.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-12-16 13:44:22  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Darksparksnot said: »

3 Well geared smn, geo cor run / prebuff sch regen pro shell

G/R fire > conduit Flaming Crush takes 25 seconds 6 pacts per SMN VD

You DO need a very good set. I'm about 50~ macc short of perfect, and resisted a good 25%. (missing af+3 body/feet and better aug on Grio)

Volt burning doesn't work very well... but it's possible.

Are you sure it's an macc issue? A friend was saying how the mob's guarding messed up dps. Anyone tried spreading out the Ifrits to prevent blocks? Could be a solution for SMNs who don't have the best of sets.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-16 13:54:13  
Not 100% sure macc is the issue, but there was a very good run as tank using sphorzo and odyllic.

Most of the low damage Crushes were at the start of the fight, before an avatar could've turned it.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-12-16 14:03:15  
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot MACC is important but I don't know how much is needed. Our RUN usually does 3 Ignis Rayke.
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-16 15:18:12  
Did a few more runs today mostly on normal and difficult. I got the sense that the Urchins are tied to how effective the party can put up barspells against the Warble move. We never bothered with silencing, and noticed that if we always nulllified the Warble move with the corresponding barspell, then Urchins never popped. On the other hand, the runs where we started to miss several Warble moves in succession, the Urchins did pop. It can happen early on (i.e. before 50%) or even late in the fight.

Also the HK seems to target whichever support job does the most AoE -- be it buffs (barspells, songs, or curagas).

Scherzo does not seem to be completely necessary from what I could tell. Even on difficult, our PLD could handle adds ok. Definitely kill the adds when the pop (and Lullaby, of course). It was only when we started missing barspells (petrify or disease, plus the DoT effects) that things started to go downhill.

Beyond silence log messages, can anyone confirm/deny whether the effects of Warble are reduced potency/duration with silence? Does silence prevent the effects from even being "cast"? My suspicion is that silence helps reduce potency of Warble and barspells affect whether Urchins pop (if you miss too many barspells). This would need testing of course. It seems like more than just coincidence with our runs that we only saw Urchins after repeatedly missing barspells.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-12-16 15:46:43  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Did a few more runs today mostly on normal and difficult. I got the sense that the Urchins are tied to how effective the party can put up barspells against the Warble move. We never bothered with silencing, and noticed that if we always nulllified the Warble move with the corresponding barspell, then Urchins never popped. On the other hand, the runs where we started to miss several Warble moves in succession, the Urchins did pop. It can happen early on (i.e. before 50%) or even late in the fight.

Also the HK seems to target whichever support job does the most AoE -- be it buffs (barspells, songs, or curagas).

Scherzo does not seem to be completely necessary from what I could tell. Even on difficult, our PLD could handle adds ok. Definitely kill the adds when the pop (and Lullaby, of course). It was only when we started missing barspells (petrify or disease, plus the DoT effects) that things started to go downhill.

Beyond silence log messages, can anyone confirm/deny whether the effects of Warble are reduced potency/duration with silence? Does silence prevent the effects from even being "cast"? My suspicion is that silence helps reduce potency of Warble and barspells affect whether Urchins pop (if you miss too many barspells). This would need testing of course. It seems like more than just coincidence with our runs that we only saw Urchins after repeatedly missing barspells.

From what I've read, it seems like WHM seems to be a common tie between the Housemaker coming or Urhins spawning. Which would make sense. Given the names of these monsters, it would make sense that Housemaker goes after the WHM or someone with /WHM if the barspells do stop the adds from spawning. If my theory is correct, the Housemaker wants the adds to spawn to "make house" with the main NM.

Seeing as barspells can stop the adds from spawning, it would make sense that the Housemaker only targets a WHM or /WHM. The Housemaker wants to have the adds spawn.

How this helps, I don't know. But I wanted to share my thoughts. I've only been in AF/AC burn groups that are either win or lose.