Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-30 23:37:52  
User submitted image

Anyone else playing it?

I'm liking it so faaaar. Gameplay's fun enough, but I'm barely into it. Just past the "learning stages" of which there are a ton at the start and getting into the panels with skill/weapon/magico upgradez. Panels are already looking a little scarce, so hoping the entire game isn't having to choose between cool abilities and having more than one potion on me. lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-30 23:43:19  
<3?

HOP TO!
 Fairy.Seriin
サーバ: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-09-30 23:49:05  
I'm enjoying it as well, but I loathe the beginning. I hate it when games think that you've never played a game before and go over basics. and it is just when a KH game tries to reteach the KH way of things it is just as bad.. This isn't chain of memories where the system was drastically different. The combat is just like 1&2 with a new "controller"... but they wont let me skip these things. It isn't even like "here practice on these bad guys" it is "do this to attack. this is what jumping is. this is how you lock on. this is an item box. this is exp".

I'm also iffy on the mission thing. Not sure yet if I like it or not.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-01 00:10:13  
Yeah I thought they went a little far with the tutorials, but was able to look past it since they're explaining the story as it goes along. I never played the 2nd KH, so I'm a little behind on what's going on. Would've been nice to opt-out of it all, though, or even condense the amount of explanation considering most of it, to their credit, is pretty intuitive.

Larxene's such a ***. D:
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-10-01 00:39:08  
I totally forgot about its existence, one would think with all the forums and websites I visit the world would have exploded in fangirlisms. My dad told me it was coming out the other day....too late, I already turned in my old person birthday lists, too late to weasel my parents into getting it for me I think and Im too cheap to buy it myself. Ill have to wait til Christmas lol.

If its anything like the last 2 KH games though, I dunno why Id put myself through so much torture.....

"theres light in a world of darkness, but Im made of darkness even though I believe in the light, theres so much darkness inside of me that wishes to get out but I will try and control the darkness to get to the light! oh yeah and heartless...and more darkness"

I never finished Chains of Memories for the ps2, it froze on me at alice and wonderland on rikkus pov and I couldnt get past it. And people complained about FF11s grind zoooomg...the rooms! the ROOMS!
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-01 00:42:46  
Caiyuo said:
Yeah I thought they went a little far with the tutorials, but was able to look past it since they're explaining the story as it goes along. I never played the 2nd KH, so I'm a little behind on what's going on. Would've been nice to opt-out of it all, though, or even condense the amount of explanation considering most of it, to their credit, is pretty intuitive.

Larxene's such a ***. D:

358/2 takes place before and during KH2. So you're fine. Not liking the game so far really. Doing the second sidemission when you first get a choice on where to go...and the Super Heartless that's optional to completeing it is kicking my ***. Try again tomorrow...stupid DS battery.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-01 00:51:56  
Eternaltriumph said:
Caiyuo said:

Larxene's such a ***. D:

358/2 takes place before and during KH2. So you're fine. Not liking the game so far really. Doing the second sidemission when you first get a choice on where to go...and the Super Heartless that's optional to completeing it is kicking my ***. Try again tomorrow...stupid DS battery.
haha, I fought him something like 8 times, I wanna say. It's all patience, which is hard to get used to because everything else dies so quickly. I tried rushing some of it by using limit breaks when he'd get me to yellow, but it usually ended up just getting me killed if I got to greedy with attacks. The "dreamy" pink-haired guy helps a ton, and it's really just sticking him in a corner and being patient. Blocking the entire attack so the spin nor the stab hurt you, getting your licks in and repeating till he dies. Not what I'd call a fun fight by any means. lol

Oh and Daus, KH still loves you despite your grumpy resistance to 358.
 Hades.Silentbob
サーバ: Hades
user: Silentbob
By Hades.Silentbob 2009-10-01 01:14:56  
I just got this today and started to play only to find out the LB is broken on my DS. Either I shell out some money for a new DS or I go through the game without shortcuts for spells and with crappy camera movements. So far the plan is to deal with it. /sigh
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-01 04:59:36  
Caiyuo said:

Larxene's such a ***. D:

She's my type of girl <3

Started playing this couple of days ago, so far I like it. Pretty smooth on DS, gameplay is really good too, not really hard to swap between melee and magic mid-fight etc.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-05 17:43:29  
I'm still playing and enjoying the game, around day 170~ now, but the lack of interaction with pretty much every Disney NPC in the game is pretty lame. I get that they're all underground and crap, but it's no fun to see Mr. Skellington hanging around and just having to look on from the outside.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-05 18:18:00  
I still haven't played a single Kingdom Hearts. Always wanted to, but meh.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-05 18:19:54  
Haseyo said:
I still haven't played a single Kingdom Hearts. Always wanted to, but meh.

after the original, GBA and the second one...I said *** it.
revisiting alice in wonder land and crap 3+ times...I was tired of it. too much crappy Disney story lines and not enough kingdom hearts story it how I felt.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-05 18:21:38  
I wish there would be a Kingdom Hearts-like theme, just with all the Final Fantasies (not counting Dissidia - I want a normal FF RPG style game.)
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-05 18:48:47  
KH2 had a horrible story and feel as compared to KH1, yeah. They tried too hard to connect with Disney and forgot that the game had it's own story, Ludo. You're right. Just finished 358, and they almost completely omitted Disney sotries this time around. With the exception of the worlds (which are all Disney, except for Base), Jack Slellington because he's badass, one character in Never Land which plays a vital role in how you travel, and very minor cameos which explain why the Disney events in KHII came to be...it's a complete revamp of the story. It fills in any and all loophole in wondering what happened while Sora napped between Chain of Memories and KH2, but doesn't feel like it's telling anything you know.

Summed up, where Roxas came from, why he can Dual Wield keyblades, who the Organization is (well...half of them. By like day 30, half the cast goes to Castle Oblivion to take part in Chain of Memories, which only one returns), what they were after, backstory about Namine, why Sora slept for a year, what Riku was doing. And of course, the last fight of the game is one of the opening scenes to KHII, so it sifts right into the story in the end. It drags at times, but the ending levels much more than make up for it.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-05 18:57:44  
Was the GBA game any good? The story as explained by ET sounds pretty interesting, and I was under the impression it was a card-battle game, so I never touched it. lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-05 18:59:11  
Caiyuo said:
Was the GBA game any good? The story as explained by ET sounds pretty interesting, and I was under the impression it was a card-battle game, so I never touched it. lol

when you get the hang of the cards its fun.
at least the GBA spiced it up from the same old button mash of 1 and 2
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-05 19:03:18  
Well. >.> The GBA one was okay as well. The story was really boinked at the time, and the ending of it was also boinked as well. It also didn't transfer well into KHII at allll since no Disney character except Donald, Goofy and Mickey remembered him. Hence, where 358 comes into play again!

My only beef with the story really is no game has explained who the *** DiZ is. >_> Maybe in the prequel released JP ONRY but meh...hopefully get to slay him in the next game. D:
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-05 19:06:15  
Really grinds my gears how so many newer rpgs need to come out in 3+ different games to explain the whole story and stuff.
 Carbuncle.Okamiwolf
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: okamiwolf
By Carbuncle.Okamiwolf 2009-10-05 19:15:51  

I love this game, and I love how they eat Sea Salt Ice Cream! If you listen carefully in the game you can hear the "crunch" when they take a bite! XD
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-05 19:26:03  
haha, that's awesome. I'm glad they kind of skim over the sea salt meetups later in the game, though. Axel's pretty lovable the way he props his knee up and sticks his neck out when he's nomin the ice cream.

I never got to play any of the good games on GBA so I nabbed an emulator recently to try to cover stuff I've missed. Might visit KH, tooo.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-10-05 20:52:30  
I'm thinking of getting it. I have been looking for some new DS games recently. And I've heard some conflicting things since i've never played previous KH titles. I've been told, "go out and buy it right now..." and "you won't understand the story maybe you shouldn't get it."

any advice?
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-05 20:55:04  
Well. To be honest, you won't get the whole entity of the story. You'll get the surface of it, but you will undoubtedly ask questions like "what the *** is a Nobody and why are there heartless in Disney places to begin with?" Having a friend crash course you on the questions you have as you go along would be nice. But otherwise, it's a good DS game with a decent battle system and customizable weaponry and statistics.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-05 21:03:36  
Wardens said:
I'm thinking of getting it. I have been looking for some new DS games recently. And I've heard some conflicting things since i've never played previous KH titles. I've been told, "go out and buy it right now..." and "you won't understand the story maybe you shouldn't get it."

any advice?

What ET said is true, but I really suggest you go play at least the first two Kingdom Hearts games. They're great games, AND you'll understand the story. Win-win.
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2009-10-05 21:13:13  
i beat the new kingdom hearts in like 3 days XD it has great play time, took me about 30 hours to beat it (yea and i beat it in 3 days >.>) best thing about it... it doesnt try to connect the story to the disney stories so much, its pretty much all about the orginization which is why i liked it so much
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-05 21:13:26  
Adding on to Enterius' statement...by the first two games, I don't think he meant Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. This game takes place before 2, so you'd miss absolutely nothing by not playing it first.

He likely meant Kingdom Hearts 1, and Chain of Memories. Chain of Memories was released on Game Boy, but then ported to PS2. If you have a PS2, you can get both games for like $25 now. It's worth the money imo.