Dev Tracker - Discussion

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 109 110 111
Offline
Posts: 5771
By Pantafernando 2019-01-26 00:46:43  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Was confirmed by Funk few weeks ago, see top of the page.

I guess we can rule out Eld'narche's chair is a mount and not another /sit emoji. That polearm looks unique. Might mean all the ambu weapons have their own new model now.

They said they hired some professional to take care of weapons design. Plus they stated that ambuscade weapons will be the second one just for the best so i bet they want some impressive looks for those.

Iirc the weapons wont be in its final stage this update so more waiting still.
 Asura.Yojimmbo
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yojimmbo
Posts: 1138
By Asura.Yojimmbo 2019-01-27 06:04:24  
Any news or updates? Or a link to click on? I'm intrigued by these weapons and wonder if the next stage is an Augment of some sort.
Offline
Posts: 5771
By Pantafernando 2019-01-27 10:43:40  
Quote:
Ambuscade Weapons
(00:29:50)
In addition to adding a third and fourth phase of the Ambuscade weapon upgrade, we're also planning to change the design of the weapon as well. The weapon upgrade phase doesn't end on the fourth phase but will go on just a bit longer. As for the final stats on these weapons, we're thinking of setting them so that these weapons are adequate enough before obtaining the “best” weapon.


http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54950-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-43-Digest
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 408
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2019-01-27 14:22:42  
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Ambuscade Weapons
(00:29:50)
In addition to adding a third and fourth phase of the Ambuscade weapon upgrade, we're also planning to change the design of the weapon as well. The weapon upgrade phase doesn't end on the fourth phase but will go on just a bit longer. As for the final stats on these weapons, we're thinking of setting them so that these weapons are adequate enough before obtaining the “best” weapon.


http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54950-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-43-Digest


So they're going to make them BiS just prior to REMA weapons?
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2156
By DirectX 2019-01-27 14:32:37  
Sounds that way but that means the dagger and sword are going to be insane for COR macc?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5857
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-27 14:45:42  
Wide variety of passable weapons from a myriad of content? Naw, ambuscade grinding bros.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5346
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-27 14:47:40  
Glad I didn't spend 150m on Su5 offhand accuracy piece. I'll wait for the augments~
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bitchtits
Posts: 157
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-01-27 14:51:15  
INB4: Ambu weapons surpass almost all RMEA weapons > Community freaks dafuq out > > new RMEA upgrades are announced now requiring $1.5B gil worth of items from ambuscade and a complted crafting shield to make.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2220
By Taint 2019-01-27 14:55:05  
You know they are saving Rank25 REMA for a reason.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2156
By DirectX 2019-01-28 06:46:52  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Glad I didn't spend 150m on Su5 offhand accuracy piece. I'll wait for the augments~
For what job?
 Asura.Baroma
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: baroma
Posts: 437
By Asura.Baroma 2019-02-01 10:14:00  
Any clue as to what mobs they are removing from escha Ruann? Sounds odd to me.
 Siren.Mosin
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-02-01 10:15:52  
Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
INB4: Ambu weapons surpass almost all RMEA weapons > Community freaks dafuq out > > new RMEA upgrades are announced now requiring $1.5B gil worth of items from ambuscade and a complted crafting shield to make.

good god man, don't give SE such ideas.
 Asura.Neufko
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: siskotaru
Posts: 235
By Asura.Neufko 2019-02-01 10:21:32  
Asura.Baroma said: »
Any clue as to what mobs they are removing from escha Ruann? Sounds odd to me.

They're probably removing the Pots around the entrance. They often agro randomly when you're talking to the NPC. They're also a PH to a very annoying NM if you're not prepared.
Offline
Posts: 5771
By Pantafernando 2019-02-01 11:01:38  
Asura.Baroma said: »
Any clue as to what mobs they are removing from escha Ruann? Sounds odd to me.

Quote:
Eschan Zdei from Escha - Ru'Aun (Posted on the Japanese forum)
We mentioned that in the next version update we're planning to remove the Eschan Zdei in specific areas based on the feedback we received.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3285
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-01 11:07:06  
So that when you stand around at start of zone those jerk faces don't float over and agg you.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2019-02-01 14:14:53
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 2156
By DirectX 2019-02-03 05:37:21  
What can they be doing to RDM? If they make Ascension work with Haste 2 and Temper that would be cool. Otherwise I cannot see anything interesting coming.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 782
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-03 06:28:44  
Battle-related
Implementation Timing Update Task and Overview In-progress Task Notes
February Red Mage ・Adjust effects of certain abilities


So what animation is in the image on the update notes? what Job ability is that?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
Posts: 251
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-02-03 12:50:15  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
So what animation is in the image on the update notes? what Job ability is that?
Saboteur.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5346
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-03 15:59:39  
What enhancement to saboteur could they possibly make? Enhanced potency?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 79
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2019-02-03 16:06:46  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What enhancement to saboteur could they possibly make? Enhanced potency?

Lower recast,
increase duration (more),
increase potency (more),
adjust potency vs nm's,
create a potency tier for dia/bio added effect when combined with sabo

I am sure I can think of a few more
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3285
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-03 18:06:32  
Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What enhancement to saboteur could they possibly make? Enhanced potency?

Lower recast,
increase duration (more),
increase potency (more),
adjust potency vs nm's,
create a potency tier for dia/bio added effect when combined with sabo

I am sure I can think of a few more

Oh man, 1 min recast like Divine Caress and Cascade, yasss, didn't even think of that. It'd put it in line with recast timers of BLM and WHM around that level.
Offline
Posts: 1168
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-03 18:25:26  
I think it's going to be a reduction of the penalty when it's used against NMs as well as an Elemental Seal effect being added to it.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
Posts: 1171
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-02-03 18:50:52  
Ruaumoko said: »
I think it's going to be a reduction of the penalty when it's used against NMs as well as an Elemental Seal effect being added to it.

If it's the latter's case, they would have to make other adjustments accordingly by making it mutually exclusive so it doesn't stack with Elemental Seal, and I guess also do a little change to Saboteur's job point effect. SE does do sneaky underhanded stuff
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3285
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-03 19:41:57  
I dunno man, I really like the idea of them bring Saboteur to 1 minute. I think it's the easy route for them, probably a lot easier than boosting the effect in anyway, coding-wise. Additionally it puts the ability in line between RDM, WHM, and BLM. All three of those jobs get a mini-1hr at 96, mid 80's BLM and WHM get a 1min ability to enhance one of their primary roles, just need to put RDM's ability in line with that.
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1167
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-02-03 21:25:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Ambuscade Weapons
(00:29:50)
In addition to adding a third and fourth phase of the Ambuscade weapon upgrade, we're also planning to change the design of the weapon as well. The weapon upgrade phase doesn't end on the fourth phase but will go on just a bit longer. As for the final stats on these weapons, we're thinking of setting them so that these weapons are adequate enough before obtaining the “best” weapon.


http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54950-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-43-Digest


So they're going to make them BiS just prior to REMA weapons?

I wouldn't say "best in slot" for these weapons. Most of them seem to be going the MAB & Mag. Acc. route. I can see the Dagger being extremely useful especially for COR. And I can also see the 1-hand axe being useful for those who enjoy Cloudsplittering all the things.

But other than those, the weapons are totally situational assuming a WS that is MAB based is used.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2341
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-03 23:41:51  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Ambuscade Weapons
(00:29:50)
In addition to adding a third and fourth phase of the Ambuscade weapon upgrade, we're also planning to change the design of the weapon as well. The weapon upgrade phase doesn't end on the fourth phase but will go on just a bit longer. As for the final stats on these weapons, we're thinking of setting them so that these weapons are adequate enough before obtaining the “best” weapon.


http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54950-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-43-Digest


So they're going to make them BiS just prior to REMA weapons?

I wouldn't say "best in slot" for these weapons. Most of them seem to be going the MAB & Mag. Acc. route. I can see the Dagger being extremely useful especially for COR. And I can also see the 1-hand axe being useful for those who enjoy Cloudsplittering all the things.

But other than those, the weapons are totally situational assuming a WS that is MAB based is used.

It'll be the same flavor as the Ambuscade armor, there will be a high amount of stats that make them look really good, but in reality are just high potency options. It'll have really high acc/att/macc/mab, but there won't be any TP bonus, STP, DA, TA, WSD, etc. that allow them to be BiS everywhere. I imagine this will be potency upgrades for AE, Cloudsplitter and Leaden/Trueflight, which are technically "offspec" for those weapon types. Good news, we'll finally get upgrades to the SR MAB weapons!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
Posts: 2867
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-02-03 23:43:51  
I'm excited about the Axe, Polearm, and Dagger. That is about it.

I really wish they had an Ambuscade shield for multi jobs.
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1167
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-02-04 00:36:16  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm excited about the Axe, Polearm, and Dagger. That is about it.

I really wish they had an Ambuscade shield for multi jobs.

Raiden Thrust ftw?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1745
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-04 00:56:33  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm excited about the Axe, Polearm, and Dagger. That is about it.

I really wish they had an Ambuscade shield for multi jobs.

Raiden Thrust ftw?

prolly leg sweep
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 109 110 111
Log in to post.