フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 456 457 458 459 460
 Asura.Mcdoogle
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Montigo
By Asura.Mcdoogle 2024-10-07 07:27:02  
WS is probably the best implemented wall of the 3 walls (Nuke/BP/WS).

Nuke easily could allow for more than one full potency or lock out potency based on spell, not element.

BP wall doesn't allow for you to even bring more than one SMN unless you space out your rages exactly 10 seconds apart. Also, it kills Apogee completely for no reason. It could've been based off of Avatar/Rage BP as well.

So I fail to see the warranted complaints about WS.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-07 07:35:14  
Pretty sure BP wall is WS wall, so if you wanted to SMN burn you just need enough different viable BPs and relatively consistant activation speeds across your SMNs.
By Pantafernando 2024-10-07 07:38:22  
I wonder if even without the wall the SMNs would still be prefered to the current endgame.

My opinion is that no, even bursting the BP, it wont be clearing any content from Dyna onwards, what makes even stupid the wall: the content would naturally favor other jobs.

It just made even worse trying to do shitz with SMN
By Shichishito 2024-10-07 07:56:25  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Pretty sure BP wall is WS wall, so if you wanted to SMN burn you just need enough different viable BPs and relatively consistant activation speeds across your SMNs.
I'm not sure about this, I remember some ambu month a while ago, joined a group with 2 SMN. Both used the same standard Ramuh or Siren BP, the second SMN subsequently ran into the wall so he tried to evade it by using different summons.
I think Ifrit, Garuda, Titan and Diabolos were tested afterwards and from what I remember the wall still took effect.

Afaik BP rage causes the wall proc, independantly from which particular blood pact rage was used.
By Dodik 2024-10-07 08:07:06  
Yes, any BP will cause any subsequent BPs to be walled. That's not the same as the current WS wall.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-07 08:30:28  
Long-Horned's tests used Mewing Lullaby as part of the measurement for WS wall, so I'm pretty sure they are the same wall. But, if all BPs count under the same category, it is definitely far harsher to SMN.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 08:54:50  
Dodik said: »
If anyone said "job X needs Y to do Aminon fight" I am sure Male would jump up and claim how you don't actually need it you just spend 40 more minutes on the fight instead without it.

Always obvious when someone has nothing else to fall back on when they focus on semantics.

Try to find any item that makes aminon take 40 minutes more and we'll start there.
By Dodik 2024-10-07 09:02:58  
Let's see you actually do Aminon without REMAs first. Or even just without Idris.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 09:09:26  
Let's see you actually do Aminon without REMAs first. Or even just without Idris.

Huge difference between taking a single item out of the game and banning 5 categories of items outright.

The whole reason I brought this up was people's claims that the reason prime weapons aren't worth the squeeze is that they don't allow you to beat content you couldn't beat without them. Once again...this implies that these specific items are bad unless they enable you to beat content you previously couldn't beat without them.

I attempted to retroactively apply this to other items to show how absurd it is. I asked you (plural) to find an item that is so powerful that you can't beat some endgame event without it.

Nobody has come up with a single example yet, they're prefer to nitpick the words I use (irony at its finest) and make petty ad hominems, and still haven't heard an actual sound logical answer to the question.

Which item in the game today allows you to beat a boss you otherwise couldn't beat without it? I'm STILL waiting.

edit: oh sorry, beating Aminon without Idris is a complete joke and laughably easy. That can't be a serious answer. What would make you think it's even remotely difficult?
By Dodik 2024-10-07 09:10:00  
without Idris.

Looking forward to your Aminon video.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-10-07 09:14:46  
without Idris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhO-RVhtOfo

There you go.

RDM/DRK, DRK/DRG, RUN/SCH, BRD/GEO, BST/DNC and COR/DRG.

Its like people forgot that TP denial kiting was a thing when Animon HM was released that made stationary GEO bubbles an absolute waste of a slot.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 09:19:16  
without Idris.

Here's another one:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2269639907?t=0h24m30s

Note how Mirukuu's TP never drops when he casts Geo-Fury, then he uses Dagda, a WS which cannot be performed with an Idris?

I didn't watch the whole fight, but I'm 99% confident his lua is locked on Lorg Mor and never changes to Idris the entire fight. Let me know if you see his TP wipe during any of his bubbles.

Not our best performance, but still ~10 minutes. Guess Idris didn't save us 40 minutes after all, god damn.
By Dodik 2024-10-07 09:19:50  
"Aminon - Hard Mode [Pre-September]"

"With the September Update, Square Enix implemented '25% damage-resistance' for Aminon (to counterbalance EFGH adjustments). "
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-10-07 09:20:56  
Without Idris, sure possible, will take more time, without P dagger, sure same = more time and posi has posted quite a while ago a video about that. COR don’t use rema, RDM don’t use rema, BRD same just a ***lot longer (4 songs with 10min cap) and PLD would be a problem. Anyway, knowing that most ppl have a group that actually have all the rema and yet don’t even try, the biggest problem is that invisible box ppl put themselves in, “I can’t”.
By Dodik 2024-10-07 09:21:13  
Sigh. Ok Male, you're always right and everything you say is 100% grammatically and semantically correct.

Including when someone makes an off the cuff comment like "this will take you X times longer to do" that you then take as 100% pure gospel from the Lord Savior's Tanaka's own bossom.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-07 09:22:06  
Ironic, he's always the one who's wrong.

He took the right side for once.

You should've said carn and watched him twist in knots. Alternatively, said "it can be done but not efficiently, efficiency is the only thing that matters, checkmate"
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-10-07 09:22:20  
"Aminon - Hard Mode [Pre-September]"

"With the September Update, Square Enix implemented '25% damage-resistance' for Aminon (to counterbalance EFGH adjustments). "

Ok so 20min fight would take 25-30mins.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 09:22:34  
"Show me a video of you doing this thing"

-Shows video of someone doing the thing

"OK, well you're a poopy head"
[+]
By Dodik 2024-10-07 09:23:47  
Ah no but you see, a poopy head has poop on his head and you do not, in fact, have poop on your head.

I'm sure you're right anyway.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 09:27:22  
I love how I'm the one who gets the reputation of being a nit-picking semantic, but other people are quoting definitions at me and attacking the words I use while I'm providing video evidence, discussing the actual stats on items, and the mechanics of the game while they're slinging insults and targeting the language I use instead of the facts of the case.

Yup, I'm on the wrong side of the facts and just twisting people's words to make it seem like I'm right. As ever, I'm just picking apart people's words instead of facing the facts here. That's definitely what's happening on my side of the discussion right now.

Still waiting.
By Dodik 2024-10-07 09:28:07  
I think some meds need re-adjusting in here. Have fun.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-10-07 09:31:38  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I love how I'm the one who gets the reputation of being a nit-picking semantic, but other people are quoting definitions at me and attacking the words I use while I'm providing video evidence, discussing the actual stats on items, and the mechanics of the game while they're slinging insults and targeting the language I use instead of the facts of the case.

Yup, I'm on the wrong side of the facts and just twisting people's words to make it seem like I'm right. As ever, I'm just picking apart people's words instead of facing the facts here. That's definitely what's happening on my side of the discussion right now.

Still waiting.

People don't like to face the fact that you(the royal you) don't need these "game changing" items to beat the hardest fights in game when you have a competent group. They like to think "well we don't have X REMA so its not a player skill issue but a gear issue".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 09:42:21  
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »

Still waiting.

People don't like to face the fact that you(the royal you) don't need these "game changing" items to beat the hardest fights in game when you have a competent group. They like to think "well we don't have X REMA so its not a player skill issue but a gear issue".

I'm sure that's part of it, but I also think it's just a lack of willingness to intellectually engage with the game. It's much easier to make surface-level observations like "this item is so good for this job" than it is to actually think about a specific situation and how that battle would be altered if you removed an item from it.

Most people just follow their patterns, like "every time I sing songs I do 5 dummies then 5 potent songs" or "every time I sing songs I put Carn on" where sometimes you don't need to do those things. Same thing with GEO; you can wear Idris full-time any time you have a bubble down because you don't want to think about it, but if you know the mob's TP moves and figure out how dangerous it is, you can remove Idris (and probably pretty significantly reduce the amount of pet regen you have, if any). If you're putting down a Bolster bubble and it will last 3.5 minutes without any regen and you're fighting Procne, there's no reason to wear pet regen. On many Gaol fights they last between 10-15 minutes which means you'll need to do 2 sets of rolls. This means roll duration merits (and some gear like Compensator) aren't doing you any good, so it would be better to change those merits and not equip compensator. If you're not doing damage (Ngai) it would be better to lock roll Rostam the whole time so you can retain TP while rolling.

But most people just apply one-size-fits-all answers to every battle and never bother to think about how important (or not important) an item is to a situation. You get people insisting on Carn for 3 minute long ambus and other nonsense (I've heard, not personally experienced).

That's kind of a larger more grandiose point, but I think it's true in this case. Loads of people have pointed out in this very thread that you can't beat Ody bosses without an Idris which is, in my opinion, just ignorant.

It's certainly helpful and I would suggest that anyone wanting to try those bosses have one. I used it every time I fought them. If I didn't have one though, I would still be able to beat those bosses, it would just be a little bit tougher. Kinda like prime weapons; they sure have helped smooth out the edges of all of our Ody and Sortie fights in my group.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-10-07 09:51:47  
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »

Still waiting.

I'm sure that's part of it, but I also think it's just a lack of willingness to intellectually engage with the game. It's much easier to make surface-level observations like "this item is so good for this job" than it is to actually think about a specific situation and how that battle would be altered if you removed an item from it.

Most people just follow their patterns, like "every time I sing songs I do 5 dummies then 5 potent songs" or "every time I sing songs I put Carn on" where sometimes you don't need to do those things. Same thing with GEO; you can wear Idris full-time any time you have a bubble down because you don't want to think about it, but if you know the mob's TP moves and figure out how dangerous it is, you can remove Idris (and probably pretty significantly reduce the amount of pet regen you have, if any). If you're putting down a Bolster bubble and it will last 3.5 minutes without any regen and you're fighting Procne, there's no reason to wear pet regen. On many Gaol fights they last between 10-15 minutes which means you'll need to do 2 sets of rolls. This means roll duration merits (and some gear like Compensator) aren't doing you any good, so it would be better to change those merits and not equip compensator. If you're not doing damage (Ngai) it would be better to lock roll Rostam the whole time so you can retain TP while rolling.

But most people just apply one-size-fits-all answers to every battle and never bother to think about how important (or not important) an item is to a situation. You get people insisting on Carn for 3 minute long ambus and other nonsense (I've heard, not personally experienced).

That's kind of a larger more grandiose point, but I think it's true in this case. Loads of people have pointed out in this very thread that you can't beat Ody bosses without an Idris which is, in my opinion, just ignorant.

It's certainly helpful and I would suggest that anyone wanting to try those bosses have one. I used it every time I fought them. If I didn't have one though, I would still be able to beat those bosses, it would just be a little bit tougher. Kinda like prime weapons; they sure have helped smooth out the edges of all of our Ody and Sortie fights in my group.

Oh absolutely agree.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-07 10:11:02  
Vana'Bout 3 rewards:
Bronze:
Mog Pell (Green)
Kupon W-Eth
Kupon I-Aby
S. Reraiser Tank
Maven's Scythe
Maven's Staff
Pungent Powder III
Dial Key #Fo

I'm presuming its multiple Kupons again, possibly multiple Keys as well. One Key seems dumb. YMMV on best reward, but for most people it would probably be I-Aby again.

Silver rewards:
100 Deeds
Abdhaljs seal
Facility Ring
Mog Pell (Red)
Mog Pell (Marble)
M. Silverpiece
100 Byne Bill
L. Jadeshell

100 Deeds reigns supreme again. Depending on where your current Deeds count is, you could get 6 Abdhaljs Seals just from the 100 deeds. The rest of the rewards are mid, unless someone wants a rare furnishing from Marble Pell.

Gold:
Exemplar points
Job Points
Impish Box
Moogle Memo.
Ra'Kaznar plate fragment
Old Case+1
Alexandrite
Umbral Marrow
Mulcibar's Scoria

Gil wise: Scoria trumps Alex and Marrow.
Otherwise probably Case+1 or plate, but those seems kinda underwhelming. Instead of a plate, they coulda done a one-time use double muffin buff.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-07 10:29:43  
Gold tier is weak this time and IDK what they were thinking with "these will help you get to endgame"

Moogle Memo (if it's only 1) could get you 3 Ody boss clears, but that presumes that you have someone who can bring you into and kill the bosses for you, at which point...they can just get you the segments? Pretty GD underwhelming for a brand new player, though not totally useless compared to the rest of that nonsense.

The plate fragment could be helpful if you ever find yourself in a situation where you want to go with a different group but still want to have the plate for your "main", or if you accidently use the wing instead of tossing it at D. Or hypothetically if you full wipe with no RR, or wipe underneath a boss's feet. Wouldn't know anything about that though.

Old case+1 is...alright at best, for a newer player. Downright insulting for vets who get (usually at least) one per night.

I'll probably go for Eth kupon (only because of exclusivity), 100 deeds, and plate fragment (only because of exclusivity) on my main characters. I can get gil/scoria anywhere, can't get another Ruspix plate anywhere.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-07 11:46:47  
Problem with the plate is that if you have a set group, and anyone in that group doesn't choose the plate, it becomes almost worthless. I don't think this is really an issue, since light casual content shouldn't be giving particularly powerful things, but it is disappointing. A consumable that resets the entire party's timer when used would have been nice, that gives a new player the option of tagging along with a group they may otherwise burden and then reset them afterward. But, also open for abuse.

I'm not really sure how they could better 'help people get to endgame', though. The process of gearing your character is a huge part of FFXI and you can't make a character endgame ready without giving out a shitton of gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-07 11:50:29  
Lower the eva/att of odyssey mobs, lowers the bar to more entrants.

Traditionally their answer to getting anyone into things they havent done; make it easier(weaker).

Odyssey mobs are for all intents and purposes impossible to hit by trust and one shot them all. Their attack is regoddamndicuous. Even in Shoel A, a trust gets hit for 800 damage in one attack by the first mobs you run into. MM is not the answer, you need MM to get MM.
By K123 2024-10-07 12:01:45  
Loxotic mace+1 is a game changing item
Ngai, Gigelorum, Henwen V25 maybe not possible in melee without it?
By K123 2024-10-07 12:04:07  
K123 said: »
Are there fights where the fact that you have a Caladbolg means DRK is better than WAR?
Mboze?

Not even close. Weapon choice means nothing on this fight. IF you bring a DRK to Mboze, you're doing so for their JAs, not because they have a Caladbolg. Also any other DRK REMA could easily replace Calad.
ITT: you can kill Mboze v25 with a DRK using Ragnarok
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 456 457 458 459 460