言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 409 410 411
By clearlyamule 2017-11-09 20:23:51  
So yeah they have the update notes announcement up... and the link goes to a fake page lol
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-09 20:26:42  
clearlyamule said: »
So yeah they have the update notes announcement up... and the link goes to a fake page lol

I fell for it too. What the hell is up with that?
By clearlyamule 2017-11-09 20:30:02  
Shiva.Siviard said: »

They put Trump in charge of the announcement feed
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-09 20:30:51  

They put Trump in charge of the announcement feed

Sounds about right.
By fonewear 2017-11-09 20:59:46  

Could this be the end of FFXI...I think so !
By Justuas 2017-11-09 23:05:50  

We got trolled
By knoxvegas 2017-11-09 23:29:39  
By clearlyamule 2017-11-09 23:35:08  
Late to the party. Fake links been up for awhile lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-11-09 23:44:08  
Players will not be able to participate in Dynamis-Divergence if any of the following are true.

- One or more party members has participated in Dynamis-Divergence in the last 60 hours (Earth time)
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-09 23:52:55  
Justuas said: »

We got trolled

If it was a troll it was a damn good one. Well played.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2017-11-10 00:40:00  
24 x 3 = 72

12 hours, half a day of leeway to try to not overlap
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-10 00:40:09  
Yes, the purpose of a 60 hour lock out is to prevent you from going more than once per 60 hours. That's not a surprise.
By Justuas 2017-11-10 00:44:02  
Odin.Geriond said: »
Yes, the purpose of a 60 hour lock out is to prevent you from going more than once per 60 hours. That's not a surprise.
It's for preventing smns burning the content in a week.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-10 01:02:27  
Justuas said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »
It's for preventing smns burning the content in a week.
I think you under estimate smns good sir. They can AC there way thru a simple lockout!
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-11-14 17:54:31  
Nah man, that's an Atomos BP. Sucks you up, and spits you into Dynamis Divergence regardless of timer.

Then we have a PUP pull the whole zone and AC Thunderspark it all down, go to Lower Jeuno, reset, and repeat. You need 1 PUP and 17 SMN. The only hard part is finding the PUP.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-11-16 05:57:00  

There's a face I hadn't thought would be back in the panel.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-27 12:03:21  
Really expected them them to wait on next dynamis zone. Milk those subs hard... but seeing how what a failure Dynamis-San and the feet are, guess they had to rush this one out.

Harpea Ambuscade.... welcome to another SMN onry month.
By Elazar1 2017-11-27 12:12:09  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Really expected them them to wait on next dynamis zone. Milk those subs hard... but seeing how what a failure Dynamis-San and the feet are, guess they had to rush this one out. Totally agree with you the new namis is garbage. But was also expecting the. To drag it out for a few months

Sigh great. Let beat everything to death with smns...... also totally agree dynamis is a huge bust, was expecting it to be a few months on the new zones.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-11-27 12:21:24  
They will probably roll out the first 4 once per month and then Beauc and Xarc with gaps is my guess. There's no need to wait multiple months per zone.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-27 12:21:41  
psh more like pup onry month!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-27 12:26:54  
Not sure how anyone can be surprised with the new dynamis direction. I mean, they literally took the exact same dynamis from years ago, arbitrarily leveled up every monster by 30-50 levels in the same exact zone from the same exact entry point, included a handful of "modified" NMs and statues with no distinct features, gave them a few "new" abilities, gimmicks, and re-displaced them among the zone, and just added a variety of "upgrade materials" that have random drop rates across the board. It's the same dynamis, just ilvl. It's the same relic currency grind of days past, just in the form of gear upgrades. It's the same drawn out process locked behind a time gated entry.

If/when they decide to release Empyrean +2/3, it's almost a certainty it's going to just be Limbus/Apollyon/Temenos 119+ event. They aren't that dedicated to creating anything new. Just repurpose old stuff.
By Elazar1 2017-11-27 12:32:23  
To me they should have put in the feet as low drops,every zone back in the day dropped great gear for your job, but a low chance of a shard dropping and iCard is w/e really, I loved it at 1st music is awesome for it. Honestly it’s just boring.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-11-27 12:34:07  
Elazar1 said: »
every zone back in the day dropped great gear for your job

even when it came out a lot of pieces of relic armor weren't very good tho
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-27 12:41:53  
They have no reason to make this any easier. It's all about subs, longevity, and progressive upgrading. it's going to take the average person a good bit of time get pieces for their preferred job after everyone gets the COR feet. It was created with a specific design in mind. It being boring is the least of their concerns, and I don't expect it to get any better with new zones.

To be fair, though, Omen card farming is somewhat engaging with the objectives thing, and the different paths/bosses you can encounter.

The only real mind boggling aspect of this dynamis is the fact that items can just be purchased on the AH. So assuming you've beaten the boss on the specific job you want, perhaps the easier method of getting what you want is just gil farming and buy the upgrade pieces, or a mix of farming + buying. I imagine for those who have a ton of gil to burn through, there's really no need to spend too much time on that content besides getting the boss win. Which I would think they would want to avoid if their idea was just keeping subs as long as possible. Strange.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-27 12:44:39  
It's not strange. They have to keep gil flowing. They literally have to make things constantly sell-able.

While forcing you to do content keeps some people around for the grind, ability to buy keeps a larger number active and gives the illusion of something to do.

This is mmo-law

To simplify, since you probably don't get it.

Content: keeps one group happy.

Sales: keep 2 groups happy. two larger groups.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-11-27 12:51:24  

[+]
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-27 12:51:48  
V1 is always a beastman related monster, so Harpeia is definitely V2.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-11-27 12:56:55  
It's not strange. They have to keep gil flowing. They literally have to make things constantly sell-able.

While forcing you to do content keeps some people around for the grind, ability to buy keeps a larger number active and gives the illusion of something to do.

This is mmo-law

Content: keeps one group happy.

Sales: keep 2 groups happy. two larger groups.

No I completely get it. That design was not applied to Omen (nothing from Omen was sellable, was locked out for 21 hours?), which just created a black market mercing environment for those who didn't want to clear the content themselves. They could just buy a "spot" with the hopes of their item dropping. With Dyna-D, that's still available as an option for direct drops and boss win, but they made it easier to complete the upgrade completely by allowing the items to be buyable, something they hadn't done in the previous 119 reforge event. Because people are going to buy items regardless of whether they are available on AH or not, because the black market "merc" method always exists. It's not like making these items sellable does any more for the sales crowd that what buying a merc wouldn't accomplish.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 409 410 411