2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 380 381 382 ... 433 434 435
By SimonSes 2023-05-17 06:29:00  
Asura.Sechs said: »
This would give an incentive for people to keep doing sortie, since most people are probably done with the Empy+3 upgrades. I have 14 jobs and I'm almost done myself so...

Pretty sure there is tons of people not even close. My static still focuses on finishing Odyssey and it's pretty slow process solo. Also not everyone have time to do both. Even assuming 15k per run and doing Sortie 5 days a week it's not even full set per month. Easily over a year to finish 15+ jobs.

One thing Im worried the most is if Galli will be a part of upgrading Primes and I would need to choose to upgrade more empy+3 or Primes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-17 07:39:42  
Asura.Haxetc said: »
I find it hard to believe they'll do something like an obnoxious amount of Galli for upgrades. That would lock you out of upgrading Empyrean gear if you were pursuing a weapon. I could see you speeding up the process by buying the currency needed to upgrade from the Gobbie but I imagine it'll require a bunch of stones (that drop just like Eikon does now) and some galli (10k-100k) to upgrade.
I can fully see them requiring an obnoxious for the weapons this is SE and I'd imagine the new "content" we getting will supply it in some form. What makes me annoyed is they semi locked you out with the 100k cap for upgrading multiple pieces price could've been 50k and let people go two pieces +3. I know why they did all this and it makes sense why the did it still hate they did it.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-17 08:33:05  
Which "new content" are you referring to?
Pretty unlikely we're getting any new end game content for quite a long while, if ever.

In hindsight I suppose the low cap to gallimaufry made sense if they already foreseen its use for prime weapons. They simply didn't want people to stock a gazillion of galli and being almost done the moment they release prime weapons.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-05-17 08:49:34  
I'm pretty sure we already know stones are going to be ex so that severely limits their flow

also unsure if funk shared this but they also made mention of an upcoming exhibition in august, and this twitter page was made to broadcast info on it:

https://twitter.com/ffxi_exhibition
 Ragnarok.Trixi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-05-17 09:13:44  
Did they say when and when about the merch?

They really need to stop making jet-black shirts.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-17 10:47:59  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
I find it hard to believe they'll do something like an obnoxious amount of Galli for upgrades. That would lock you out of upgrading Empyrean gear if you were pursuing a weapon. I could see you speeding up the process by buying the currency needed to upgrade from the Gobbie but I imagine it'll require a bunch of stones (that drop just like Eikon does now) and some galli (10k-100k) to upgrade.
I can fully see them requiring an obnoxious for the weapons this is SE and I'd imagine the new "content" we getting will supply it in some form. What makes me annoyed is they semi locked you out with the 100k cap for upgrading multiple pieces price could've been 50k and let people go two pieces +3. I know why they did all this and it makes sense why the did it still hate they did it.
As ***as some of SE's game design has been, they have never once locked upgrading AF1/2/3 under the same currency as making or upgrading a REMA. That's why I don't see them doing this.

Also, if they're assuming ppl are soloing shortie to get mats then they'd have to be under the assumption that there are a bunch of ppl with incomplete Empy+3.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-17 11:01:12  
Relic reforge literally uses relic currency brah

Empyrean reforge uses the same items as empyrean weapons, too.

Geo and Run Empyrean cost HP Bayld as well.

But the -ite items will be drops/boxes and you can buy them for galli. That's almost a certainty.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-05-17 11:11:26  
Draylo said: »
Ooh need the merch
NGL that Vermy Cloak looks COMFY
[+]
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2023-05-17 11:44:43  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Relic reforge and Empy reforge both came out well after their respective content and only required 1-2 per piece. AF2+1/2 as well as AF3+1/2 had their own systems. People are trying to make it sound like the 6 month gate is going to be due to Galli which just doesn't make sense if you look at prior content. SE isn't that dumb.

But the -ite items will be drops/boxes and you can buy them for galli. That's almost a certainty.

This is pretty much what I said on the last page
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-05-17 12:11:30  
the ROE: voracious psyche is interesting, wonder if that will mean a lockout of starting one weapon per month? Big feeling we will need that to start stage 3

Not that anyone will be flying through them that quickly, but if it is like eikondrite and you need a base weapon to see drops, it would make sense to try and have one of each stage on you on so you're always stocking up for the next upgrade.

also take my money for that hecteyes (wacom) penholder!
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2023-05-17 12:13:12  
SE isn't that dumb.

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-05-17 12:13:12  
What is with the armor at 2:22
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-17 13:10:29  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
As ***as some of SE's game design has been, they have never once locked upgrading AF1/2/3 under the same currency as making or upgrading a REMA. That's why I don't see them doing this.

Also, if they're assuming ppl are soloing shortie to get mats then they'd have to be under the assumption that there are a bunch of ppl with incomplete Empy+3.

I'm expecting that the various new gems will drop inside sortie just like echondrite but also be purchasable with muffins. Will make it smart to have multiple prime weapons going at once.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-17 14:49:46  
I'm holding out hope that SE will still add a Dynamis Divergence zone for Glacier and Xarcabard. Maybe one day...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-18 03:47:33  

Relic reforge and Empy reforge both came out well after their respective content and only required 1-2 per piece. AF2+1/2 as well as AF3+1/2 had their own systems. People are trying to make it sound like the 6 month gate is going to be due to Galli which just doesn't make sense if you look at prior content. SE isn't that dumb.

This is pretty much what I said on the last page
You must be new here SE has shown us yes they are in fact that dumb. If you spending galli to get the items for weapons then it is because of galli.. Why raise the cap now to 100mil when it won't even be reachable for most? Why not start out with the cap at 100mil? Not saying oh you in fact wrong but this SE we still got a 10 to 1 trade in ratio for omen cards after every single player has spent years bitching about it.

Edit: I'm not saying it's gonna be solely galli btw just wanna note that just its gonna play a part.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-18 03:57:10  
Quote:
Why raise the cap now to 100mil when it won't even be reachable for most? Why not start out with the cap at 100mil?

Because if they started out with the cap at 100 million galli from the get go there would be some people who already have 10 million galli banked. Those players could just buy a stage 5 weapon upgrade as soon as the update goes live. S-E didn't want anyone to have a head start so they limited galla cap to 100k until they were ready for people to begin the real weapon grind. This was as intentional as it gets.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-18 04:13:27  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
Why raise the cap now to 100mil when it won't even be reachable for most? Why not start out with the cap at 100mil?

Because if they started out with the cap at 100 million galli from the get go there would be some people who already have 10 million galli banked. Those players could just buy a stage 5 weapon upgrade as soon as the update goes live. S-E didn't want anyone to have a head start so they limited galla cap to 100k until they were ready for people to begin the real weapon grind. This was as intentional as it gets.
Ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner!

It's as simple as that I'm afraid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-05-18 07:06:39  
Quote:

My statement before is the same as this I was more so asking the person why he thinks se wouldn't do that when they clearly did just that made the cap so people couldn't bank points.

Gal 100% is a big part in it otherwise again why would they even cap? Could've been done with emp gear long time ago if they put the number higher the first time but its was solely so we couldn't bank points. I'm not shocked been here long time this isn't anything new for SE.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-18 10:41:25  
They probably saw people stashing large (100s of thousands) #s of segments to the point people wouldn't need to do segfarms anymore and assumed the same would happen with galli if they didn't cap it during the earlier phases. They really want people to continue spending time in Sortie.

I'm actually a little surprised at how high they raised it, I figured they'd raise it somewhat, but not to the extent that they did. It seemed like they would've kept the balance they did before where upgrade items/costs are close enough to the cap that it forces you to upgrade as you near the cap.

I'd have no issue with this if the cap scaled with the changes made since Sept. The 100k cap with earlier phases of Sortie made sense because it took a lot more runs to get there and when you did, you could get more +2 pieces. IMO they should've scaled it up when +3 came out to 300k or something, because the basement made capping out a lot faster and the 100k limit means you are forced to upgrade even if you aren't ready or don't want to. I guess that was there way of dragging the content out until Primes came around, though.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-18 11:03:41  
100 mil galli cap just seems arbitrarily large considering the very best sortie groups are getting 45-50k a run. That's 2000 runs to cap.

Maybe they'll make them available via copper vouchers :P
[+]
By Aquatiq 2023-05-18 11:10:09  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Draylo said: »
Ooh need the merch
NGL that Vermy Cloak looks COMFY
imagine getting up in the middle of the night and wearing that to the bathroom to poop, feeling extra refreshed
[+]
By Meeble 2023-05-18 11:42:50  
Asura.Saevel said: »
I'm expecting that the various new gems will drop inside sortie just like echondrite but also be purchasable with muffins. Will make it smart to have multiple prime weapons going at once.

We can only hope. Currently, Sortie's value for time is pretty crap once you get the +2/3 gear you need. Giving us the option to cleave muffins for 6 months to finish a prime isn't a compelling reward.

If you could work on multiple prime stages at the same time and get guaranteed cases from bosses it would feel more worthwhile. Maybe also add some kind of additional value beyond muffins and earring lootboxes; Crafting material drops? Locus-quantity EP?
By Murdock 2023-05-18 14:01:41  
Meeble said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

If you could work on multiple prime stages at the same time and get guaranteed cases from bosses it would feel more worthwhile. Maybe also add some kind of additional value beyond muffins and earring lootboxes; Crafting material drops? Locus-quantity EP?

You should be able to, if it ends up working the same way it did for stage 1 to 2. Be in possession of a stage 1 to get Ekondrites as drops, Stage 2 to get Octahedrites as drops, etc. So as long as you have multiple weapons at different stages you can work on them all at the same time.
By Rips 2023-05-18 14:07:22  
I announce to my LS that I'm quitting and then SE throws in a voucher campaign.

And you all think SE isn't monitoring us. Pffffft.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-18 14:56:30  
Quote:
You should be able to, if it ends up working the same way it did for stage 1 to 2.

We have no way of knowing how it's going to work though. For all we know the only way to aquire the hedrites for the stage 3, 4, and 5 upgrades will be via muffin purchase from the goblin vendor. They could charge something like 500k to 1 million galla for stage 3, 1.5 to 2.5 for stage 4, and 5 mil to 7.5 mil or something for stage 5. Or they could make them available via personal drop by fulfilling some complex requirement. There really is no way to know until next week. Just like there is no way to know how good the weaponskills will be until we can play with them to test their mods and tp scaling.

For now everything is just speculation.
[+]
 Asura.Murdokk
user: Murdock
By Asura.Murdokk 2023-05-18 15:41:57  
Quote:
You should be able to, if it ends up working the same way it did for stage 1 to 2.

For now everything is just speculation.

Exactly.
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-18 15:55:00  
While the increased cap is initially concerning, I suspect that the bulk of each upgrade tier will consist of the Octa / Hexo / Meso items and you will have an option to purchase them via Ruspix in addition to getting them as regular drops in Sortie.

I don't think there is any reason to make it more convoluted than that. There will likely be Gallimaufry needed for each tier, but going by what we have had so far it isn't going to be the "primary" resource.

This way you can still use Gallimaufry for armor upgrades or you can fast track your Prime(s) a bit by buying mats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-19 06:17:04  
I think we're all overthinking the Gallimaufry cap. I'd say it's likely going to end up similar to eschan silt, where the cap is similarly humongous but there's no reason ever to work to cap - sure, a primeval brew in escha is 11m silt and you can grind for it if you want, but also you don't really need to do it.

We'll see next week I guess.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 380 381 382 ... 433 434 435