users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232 233 ... 424 425 426
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-12-03 13:59:11  
last time I saw alliance-sized EXP'ing was cleaving Abyssea while we were going from 75 to 99. Outside of that, its a clear identifier of botting of some sort, as no one would choose the penalties associated with the returns unless they truly were just afk leveling.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-03 14:00:57  
I wish they would do something similar to the bots in starting areas. Nerf the crystal RoE in to the ground for anyone in an alliance, and that should kill (or discourage) RMT running around those areas every weekend.

What does the "Remove K.O. penalty" mean on AMAN Trove? You get rewards even if Chest-O-Plenty eats you?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-03 14:02:10  
It's kind of interesting actually, now that I think about it.

Follow me here; People complain too many sellers, so nerf the sellers by making it suboptimal in an alliance.

....except, now they'll have to make twice as many sellers and take twice as many camps to move the same volume.

Oops.

Optimally, if they removed the penalties alltogether, less bots need less camps because they can field 16 buyers in one camp. instead of 3 camps.

This "solution" gets more subs from more bots and inconveniences real players MORE, not less. causing more people to feel the need to buy. All about them dolla bills.

At least someone other than me understands what will happen lol.
Quote:
If the alliance was acting as a training agent and this correction was made, wouldn't the trader naturally
disassemble the alliance and become 3PT, leading to further pressure on the hunting ground?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-12-03 14:13:39  
Depending how they nerfed alliance exp this may force regular people to go refill exemplar points outside of ls events more if they can't rely on the small trickle they get during dynamis/omen etc. to make up for any deaths.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-03 14:20:10  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
What does the "Remove K.O. penalty" mean on AMAN Trove? You get rewards even if Chest-O-Plenty eats you?

Just removing the exp penalty. Mostly pointless gesture, but as the orb is a "bonus" or a minigame or whatever thing it is and not an "event" there should be no downside to doing it, so no exp loss. I assume that's the logic there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-12-03 14:22:58  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Just removing the exp penalty. Mostly pointless gesture, but as the orb is a "bonus" or a minigame or whatever thing it is and not an "event" there should be no downside to doing it, so no exp loss. I assume that's the logic there.

Considering the number of "WTF??? I just lost a mastery level from the damn Ka-Thwack!" I've seen in LS chat over the past couple weeks, I'd wager its because of bitching related to that. ;)
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-12-03 14:25:05  
People were probably bitching about their 2% TNL loss of Exemplar Points because they didn't put up RR and have a quick Warp option.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-03 14:26:06  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Considering the number of "WTF??? I just lost a mastery level from the damn Ka-Thwack!" I've seen in LS chat over the past couple weeks, I'd wager its because of bitching related to that. ;)

Ohh! I did not consider that. Makes sense now, lol
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-05 02:25:04  
They're going to fix the Ob znm *** up, another bonanza, the DQX event

Yeah, I got to see what they did with Ob tonight. Also, yay for DQX event. Missed that the two times it has happened before. DQ event, VS Lion, Jingle Baas (or whatever to get the monster feed shirt), and Moogle mount are still some of the rarest things that I will resub for for alts/mules.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-05 08:10:12  
Oh nevermind that's old ***

It just so happened to be posted on 12/6, except 2012 lol. It's still "true" it's just not new.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-12-05 10:23:25  
Oh nevermind that's old ***

It just so happened to be posted on 12/6, except 2012 lol. It's still "true" it's just not new.

That's precisely what I deleted earlier, guess we saw the same post referencing it. My machine translator bit off the date with the year, so I jumped the gun.

It's interesting, though, to look back on. Here's an example of what their stance was like back in 2012. A team of accounts is being a nuisance, selling Cleave parties in Abyssea and shouting endlessly. Square was willing to nuke all of them working in tandem, not just the shouter. It would be nice to see that kind of action in 2021.

Quote:
Precautions regarding RMT companies recruiting power leveling (12/6)

The RMT company is recruiting party members who wish to have power leveling in exchange for the consideration of gil etc., and we are confirming the activity to use the received gil for RMT. RMT vendors are recruiting endlessly in the Juno area and other areas, and the Special Task Force is disciplining these RMT vendors.

Such activities themselves may be a nuisance to other players, and endless solicitation of party members may be punished as a nuisance. Punishment may be given not only to the soliciting account, but also to the accounts that cooperate with the solicitation. Please be careful not to take part in the RMT vendor.

If you find an activity that seems to be an RMT vendor, please report the details to the Special Task Force from the email form of our support center.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-05 11:52:07  
I guess you watch "the bot is left unchecked forever" thread too lol
By Starbucks 2021-12-07 02:21:00  
What does remove KO penalty mean?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-07 02:56:03  
It means the Exp reduction that comes with dying is removed. We used to delevel in the days when we didn't have an exp buffer. People are experiencing de-master-leveling now I guess. Read like... six posts back.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-12-07 17:52:57  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
They're going to fix the Ob znm *** up, another bonanza, the DQX event

Yeah, I got to see what they did with Ob tonight. Also, yay for DQX event. Missed that the two times it has happened before. DQ event, VS Lion, Jingle Baas (or whatever to get the monster feed shirt), and Moogle mount are still some of the rarest things that I will resub for for alts/mules.

What was wrong with Ob?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-07 17:55:41  
New mobs are in the path to it

Can't blame them, it's not like they knew there was a znm in the way, it's not like any of them have ever played or anything.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-12-07 18:28:10  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
It means the Exp reduction that comes with dying is removed. We used to delevel in the days when we didn't have an exp buffer. People are experiencing de-master-leveling now I guess. Read like... six posts back.
Oh yeah
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 02:12:03  
So January brings adjustments to ambuscade and ODYSSEY.
What ever could they be adjusting, I wonder?

Here's hoping for them to give a new purpose to Sheol A/B, a new purpose to Lustreless Wings and most than everything: storeable Moglophones! GFDI!

Not sure what they could do with Sheol A and B. Simple thing would be to make the bonus at the end different. It's 20% for Sheol C, right?
Make it 50% for B and 80% for A?
Change numbers accordingly so that A and B are maybe not identical to C in terms of efficience, but at least close enough so that if you want a variation (or simply have worse gear) can go there for a different and more relaxed experience.

As for Wings they could make a lot of interesting things, but the simplest that comes to my mind would be to make so they can be traded to the moogle for Segments, with a daily/weekly cap (so that you cannot get 2 billions of segments in a day).
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-12-24 02:22:22  
Wouldn't mind moglophone IIs being on the same system as Moglophones with one being given out every 20 hours to help solo/lowman groups attempt NMs more consistently. Could even let IIs stack up to 3 on the npc since we need 3 to enter.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 02:28:17  
I don't see that happening. Moglophone II requiring Segments is the primary "weapon" in SE's hands to force people to do Sheol A/B/C.

Sheol A/B/C became irrelevant quite fast and a lot of people skipped the content entirely because they simply bought the relevant Lustreless items from Bazaars/AH.

REQUIRING players to farm Segments to enter Gaol is the instrument SE deployed to force Sheol A/B/C to become "relevant" content again.
So, from this perspective, allowing people to get Moglophone II daily instead of with Segments, would defeat the primary purpose why Moglophone II exist to begin with.

Unless you meant to leave the current system (buy MogloII with segments) as an additional method but still giving MogloII once per day to each player.
That's a better compromise, but I still don't think it's gonna happen.
I can see them easing the gathering of Segments even further than they already did (with the bonus at the end), but I don't see them changing the tiered system where you constantly have to go back to Sheol A/B/C to be able to enter Gaol.
Changing the rate at which you have to do it is one thing, letting you skip that is another.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-12-24 02:29:08  
Ob isn't even that bad - you can easily wait a few mins for the mobs to be out of the way and go around the edge of the room. Pop RR to be safe and, worst case, die at the pop & recover. There are no gears in the room where the ??? is.
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2021-12-24 02:37:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »
REQUIRING players to farm Segments to enter Gaol is the instrument SE deployed to force Sheol A/B/C to become "relevant" content again.

I don't think Sheol A/B were ever relevant again for most people doing ody to be honest. It was an annoying 30 mins coffer farm before Gaol, and now it's the same except on mules because you're probably doing C on your main for segs.

I would love them to either make scales/hides drop from C, or allow wings to upgrade any unm items. But I guess that won't happen.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-12-24 02:44:45  
just a viable exchange method of scales/hides/wings would be lovely, preserve the "benefit" if you're upgrading scale/hide UNM items to still do A or B, but not lock us into it when for so many segments are the priority.

I do foresee storage of Moglophones ala Canteens. Content has been out now long enough to where it isn't going to mess anything major up.
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-12-24 04:02:24  
Unless you meant to leave the current system (buy MogloII with segments) as an additional method but still giving MogloII once per day to each player.
That's a better compromise, but I still don't think it's gonna happen.

This, I don't see why not, hardcore groups can still farm 10k+ and get 3 Moglophone IIs daily while solo/lowman can barely get 1 a run, if that (I'm not sure what a good average is for solo). The best groups will hardly be affected while the lower end can be lifted to actually attempt the NMs and progress to Bumba.
By Felgarr 2021-12-24 04:08:28  
So January brings adjustments to ambuscade and ODYSSEY.
What ever could they be adjusting, I wonder?

Here's hoping for them to give a new purpose to Sheol A/B, a new purpose to Lustreless Wings and most than everything: storeable Moglophones! GFDI!

Not sure what they could do with Sheol A and B. Simple thing would be to make the bonus at the end different. It's 20% for Sheol C, right?
Make it 50% for B and 80% for A?
Change numbers accordingly so that A and B are maybe not identical to C in terms of efficience, but at least close enough so that if you want a variation (or simply have worse gear) can go there for a different and more relaxed experience.

As for Wings they could make a lot of interesting things, but the simplest that comes to my mind would be to make so they can be traded to the moogle for Segments, with a daily/weekly cap (so that you cannot get 2 billions of segments in a day).

I have a few ideas. I guess that SE implementing a T5 NM, or Gaol II with a separate tier 1-4 of NMs or maybe even Sheol D/E/F?....but who knows for sure? ...SE is great at being underwhelming.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-24 05:00:31  
Could also be veng 20 NM's so we can RP to 30 on current gear since it's in the dats already.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-24 05:03:02  
Oh right I completely forgot about that.
Considering they just gave us ML20, you know what? It could be exactely what they have in mind.

Can't say I'm dying at the idea of farming 10 more RP levels though. At least it's "something to do".
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-24 07:48:10  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Could also be veng 20 NM's so we can RP to 30 on current gear since it's in the dats already.

Rank 30 Odyssey sets would be completely broken tho (I mean some are already broken, but at R30 it's getting ridiculous). Especially Nyame. Also having only one Nyame set would hurt me even more since R30 path A would be crazy even for jobs with Malignance and path C would be make or break for NIN free nukes and bursts (it kinda is at R20 already).
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232 233 ... 424 425 426