Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-09 10:43:27  
Alexander.Shazo said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I forgot to add Futae in the Trust Behavior >.>
Oh well
Maybe they'll make him so powerful that Futae isn't needed.

I think the MP battery Samurai would've had a ton more use, considering that trust healers tend to use their most expensive cure the moment another party member gets sneezed on.

I'm actually very curious how much damage he'll do with nukes. Did they give him the magic stats of an actual nuking set with the melee stats of a TP set? Did he at least farm Gokotai if he's trying to nuke and melee in the same set? Will he actually try to stand behind the monster with Innin up, or is it the player's job to position him properly?

Probably not. He's gonna be a 99 Ninja with whatever traits 99NIN/49BLM gets - 24 MAB, 7% MBB. Innin at start would give him +30% Ninjutsu Damage if it activates properly.

MP Battery is basically a TP-feeding Monberaux. I haven't had any issues with Trusts keeping MP with him around, since he cures, status removal, and uses Ether Concoction for 100MP,which seems like every 20~ seconds. That's about as fast and as Moonlight would be used except not AOE.

My guess is he should be able to push 4-6k nukes. Maybe more if he can use Futae, can MB the proper element aligned to enemy weakness (i doubt this, Shantotto doesn't even do this), and you get the Innin bonus. You would have to position him yourself though, since AAHM uses Innin and does not move to the back, nor does Monberaux move after using Cover on the person with primary hate. Several other trusts have positional requirements like Sneak Attack, they don't move around. So I wouldn't expect that either. With the right MM level, might be one of the only trusts I could use that can stay alive and survive certain physical AOE moves, since he would be powered up in there (Shantotto can burst for 8ks lol)

For all intents and purposes, all trusts are considered naked and the only stats they are given are whatever their native job/support gives them, plus job ability enhances enhancements, plus whatever extra stats they tack onto them. So unless they gave him a native +200 mdmg, +40mab, +40 macc etc, Gokotai won't mean anything. Plus I used Deacon Saber + Fudo Masamune as the lockstyle pieces anyways xD
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-09-09 11:10:25  
So unless they gave him a native +200 mdmg,
Hopefully they're gonna follow the Shantotto II route and do something similar to that.... but... we'll see. (They didn't for AATT, so I'm not holding my breath.)

I think the MP battery would have been more useful to people without Manbra, instead of having to rely on Selh'teus' MP restorations.
But either way, none of the options presented for votes were on the level that Cornelia was in terms of usefulness.

Asura.Sechs said: »
So appearently Sheol C won't be the end of Odyssey.
Wonder what they have in store for us after that? I have no clue.
Any ideas?
They've actually already said in the Fre'Pi from when they first started Odyssey: what's left is to add in gear drops.
They haven't said what they're gonna be like (or even if it's drops v purchase) but "gear from Odyssey" is what's left to do.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-09 14:27:24  
FaeQueenCory said: »
They haven't said what they're gonna be like (or even if it's drops v purchase)

I guess there's multiple ways to go about it, since you put it that way. I didn't think about a purchase method for loot, but that makes a lot of sense.

They could link Izzat to use for drops directly in the zone, which would give people a bigger incentive to use Izzat for chests vs just keying. You would also have to prioritize this since it does take a little bit of time to get the amount of Izzat needed to pop chests. This would make sense since people could simply kill NMs for drops, or they could have a chance at a drop via chests as well. So people not in a position to kill NMs could also get a chance at the same items. Kinda fits the whole Odyssey theme of being able to make progress whichever direction you choose.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-09-09 17:15:06  
endxen said: »
You don't get a ton of Izzat per run and you lose it at the end of the run. Doubt it will have anything to do with it.

All they need to do is add the respective drops (augmented or not) to the nm's drop pool in the areas and that would be good enough.

But... Buying the weapons is where Izzat!

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-09 17:23:55  
You don't get a ton of Izzat per run and you lose it at the end of the run. Doubt it will have anything to do with it.

If you can clear just 2 agon halos+Beastmen and all surrounding monsters, that's 24 izzat. That's enough for 4 chests with capped discount, or a couple chests and a coffer. The izzat isn't particularly useful if you bring materials anyways, it would give it another use. it isn't retained between runs, just means you pick a goal and focus on it pet run, same as it's always been
VIP
By Lili 2020-09-10 10:20:20  
For all intents and purposes, all trusts are considered naked and the only stats they are given are whatever their native job/support gives them

That's true generally, but not always: Rughadjeen wears the Algol and has the enfire and triple attack that go with it, Ferreous Coffin wearns Mjollnir and gets the refresh effect of it (tho lower than normal refresh) and the aftermath, etc. There's quite a few examples, tho generally yeah they be nekkid.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-09-16 12:43:38  
Digest of FP52 - https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57274-%E3%80%8C%E7%AC%AC52%E5%9B%9E-%E3%82%82%E3%81%8E%E3%81%9F%E3%81%A6-%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BB%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%80%8D?p=630768#post630768

New chat channel "Assist Channel" (November)
UI implemented in October update.

Channel that veterans can help new/returning players. They want to add this for in-game assistance rather than just BBS/online help for returning players.
  • No maximum number of people, unlike unity

• Conditions must be met to talk in the channel.

• Function like blacklist will be added that hides certain people. Unlike blacklist, certain people with authority can globally mute nuisance players from speaking in the channel

• GM should deal with annoying players.

The Voracious Resurgence

They are aiming for a schedule of 2 updates in a row that will add missions/story, and the third month will be skipped. That being said, there will not be any additions for TVR in October. New chapter is going to be added for November's update, which will probably also have a TVR website update. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/resurgence/

Odyssey Sheol C

They know the augments sucked compared to previous months, but this was done "because the parameters were extended evenly" because a lot of the gear already had good stats.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-16 13:00:49  
So Oct we get a new chat channel no one will use since we'll all get muted in it but yet can still talk ***in yell. Great use of resources...

I can't wait to see who counts as "Certain people with authority".
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-09-16 13:02:05  
So Oct we get a new chat channel no one will use since we'll all get muted in it but yet can still talk ***in yell. Great use of resources...
UI is in October but actual channel is in November.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-16 13:22:43  
Seriously doubt there are that many "new players" coming to ffxi to justify this. Most veteran players get annoyed as hell from the same questions over and over and ignore new players anyways. Oh well guess alienating your playerbase by give lack luster updates with no new content and adding worthless ***to the game is what they want to prioritize...

Maybe you're not seeing them because you're a pessimist complaining about a new feature and drives them away. There's a lot of brand new player threads happening pretty regularly on Reddit.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-16 13:27:13  
Seriously doubt there are that many "new players" coming to ffxi to justify this. Most veteran players get annoyed as hell from the same questions over and over and ignore new players anyways. Oh well guess alienating your playerbase by give lack luster updates with no new content and adding worthless ***to the game is what they want to prioritize...
I'm just recently coming back. There's a lot of information to digest after a 5 year break and not a lot of chatter. Nothing approachable, and most my connections aren't around anymore. I could see it being useful, so long as it doesn't fall prey to XIV's Novice-Chat problem, or its not rife with bad attitudes.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-16 13:27:20  
Or maybe there are so few of them that no one notices. New players aren't flocking to an 18 year old game.

Maybe, but also for this game every new player is as important as 100 for XIV, so better to encourage them to stay rather than care only about your veteran life. Keep in mind that you wont have veteran life if they turn off servers.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-16 13:44:37  
SimonSes said: »
Or maybe there are so few of them that no one notices. New players aren't flocking to an 18 year old game.

Maybe, but also for this game every new player is as important as 100 for XIV, so better to encourage them to stay rather than care only about your veteran life. Keep in mind that you wont have veteran life if they turn off servers.

Quoted this because the numbers are incredibly important to process and dead on. But the post above you from someone coming back after a 5 year break is equally valuable. Such a network "could" be a great thing for returnees, as so much changed with the introduction of Adoulin that many returnees are so overwhelmed they dont' stick around often. An in-game option to seek out help may make those returnees feel more a part of the community, and that's what keeps people playing.

Again, I'm just concerned what will qualify someone as a "person of authority" who can essentially mute someone globally (not the GMs).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-16 14:11:48  
Oh no, we get one month where they're not adding new endgame activity, the game is dead for veteran players!!!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-16 14:17:14  
The plural of anecdote is not data. I've seen more players joining than leaving, does that mean the game is more alive than ever?

Quit the game if you're bored instead of whining about something to help new players.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-16 16:42:23  
I don't know- as nice as the idea seems, usually the people that participate as "mentors" are bad/misinformed players themselves.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-16 17:13:04  
That's true, I remember back in the day thinking "M is for morons". Only a certain type of people would keep their Mentor flag on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-09-16 18:10:41  
Siren.Kyte said: »
I don't know- as nice as the idea seems, usually the people that participate as "mentors" are bad/misinformed players themselves.

Kind of depends on if they leave Mentor as it is, or make a higher standard for it. The whole thing looks to be replicating XIV's Novice Network, and the requirements for a Mentor flag in that are a bit more involved than the "level 30 and 180 hours playtime" that XI currently has. Practically speaking, it takes significantly more in XIV to lose New Adventurer status than to get a Mentor flag in XI, but perhaps this would be a reason for SE to update that.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-16 18:23:42  
Why none merc mentoring???
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-16 18:48:52  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Oh no, we get one month where they're not adding new endgame activity, the game is dead for veteran players!!!

Sheol wasn't really "endgame activity".

There hasn't been "endgame activity" in years.

Hope they have plans to change that around yet this year!
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-16 19:23:32  
How are people finishing the current content already? I play a single job and I don't even have everything I need (though most of what's left is just Malignance armor)
By Afania 2020-09-16 19:57:36  

This is false. Asura had 1200-1500 people in 2016, now has close to 4000. Bahamut had 400 people in 2017, now has 1200. Rest of the small server population don't shrink either.

If population isn't growing where did all these extra people come from?

I recalled someone checking AH active account said that active account has about 35% increase recently. I'm pretty sure FFXI has bigger player base compare with several years ago.

Asura.Suteru said: »
How are people finishing the current content already? I play a single job and I don't even have everything I need (though most of what's left is just Malignance armor)

Gearing multiple jobs to usable level actually isn't as time consuming as people think, since you can reuse the gears. However gearing 1 job getting everything takes forever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 427 428 429