Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2019-11-28 09:57:46  
It would be nice if they could make it that a shield like Aegis actually gets a viable block rate through some kind of trait. Right now it's an expensive swap piece you hardly ever use.

A trait that helps in enmity generation or retention?

Fealty/divine emblem/chivalry recast by half would also be a pretty decent update.

Decent auto-refresh rate?

Give PLD foil ! I guess reprisal is our but they can at least make it so reprisal generates hate in a similar fashion to .

Fix cover so you can use it on alliance or not have to a player and it just becomes a buff on the PLD and anyone on top of the hate list standing behind the PLD benefits from it.

I can go on and on but they'll probably end up with some underwhelming update :( I'm excited nonetheless. Both jobs have been overdue for an update forever.

edit: sp
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-28 10:17:05  
Asura.Veikur said: »
TPBonus +500 should beat a x1.1 Multiplier and +23 Base Damage for raw Torcleaver damage.

It does, TP Bonus is that good on both Torc and Reso.

What makes Calad such a nice weapon is that Torc is the better WS due to the insane amount of WSD Dark gets access to and Calad boosts that. That is why the margin between them is very small.

X-hit definitely helps Torc, Torc isn't linear and moonshade just exaggerates it. Without moonshade and 1K as the baseline, 2K is 1.57 times the stronger then 1K, 3K is 2.0 times stronger then 1K. Both cases the time to get that TP is longer then the extra damage it provides. Plus the entire concept of x-hit was to optimize TP generation to fire off high powered WS's as fast as possible. Since Torc does have good TP damage growth, TP overflow just serves to generate more damage. Having more Store TP then necessary isn't wasted damage, provided there wasn't better MA gear to swap it with.
[+]
By Azorius 2019-11-28 15:00:02  
I would really hope that the picture from the dev post isn't a preview of what is to come... especially for PLD

If going by the picture alone I'd say its purely Scythe Update for DRK and something with Cure Enmity for PLD :/

But we can all hope its something more!
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-01 16:43:57  
DRK's change will be 'Last Resort applies when any weapon is equipped not just 2handers' or something to that effect, refer to all the Ambuscade weapons DRK gets to use as the reasoning for this.
By Fayona 2019-12-01 16:45:00  
Make Scythe Great again! For the aesthetic!
[+]
By volkom 2019-12-01 18:10:30  
Asura.Saevel said: »
TPBonus +500 should beat a x1.1 Multiplier and +23 Base Damage for raw Torcleaver damage.

What makes Calad such a nice weapon is that Torc is the better WS due to the insane amount of WSD Dark gets access to and Calad boosts that. That is why the margin between them is very small.

X-hit definitely helps Torc, Torc isn't linear and moonshade just exaggerates it. Without moonshade and 1K as the baseline, 2K is 1.57 times the stronger then 1K, 3K is 2.0 times stronger then 1K. Both cases the time to get that TP is longer then the extra damage it provides. Plus the entire concept of x-hit was to optimize TP generation to fire off high powered WS's as fast as possible. Since Torc does have good TP damage growth, TP overflow just serves to generate more damage. Having more Store TP then necessary isn't wasted damage, provided there wasn't better MA gear to swap it with.

Torcleaver also looks way cooler than anything else too
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-01 18:24:00  
volkom said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Torcleaver also looks way cooler than anything else too

It does have an air of Ned Stark's "Ice" decapitating someone ;)
By Pantafernando 2019-12-03 04:46:37  
To "further diferentiate" PLD and RUN, RUN provides dmg plus tools to enhance dmg while PLD have cures and banishga.could as well give esunaga too.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-03 05:11:20  
Not entirely sure what they're gonna do to Domain Invasion, other than adding new drops and some drops-exchange system?
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-03 05:24:59  
My guess is the adds no longer appear and the dragons won't fly. They may even remove spike flail.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-03 06:35:38  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
My guess is the adds no longer appear and the dragons won't fly. They may even remove spike flail.
Hmmmm no, wouldn't be in their style, would it?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-03 06:43:33  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Watch them give PLD Curagas
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 06:57:57  
If the JA is sufficiently good enough (IE, not a 2 minute duration 5 minute recast thing), PLD might actually get some niche use over RUN if bringing a PLD let you bring a RDM or SCH instead of a WHM to some AoE heavy fights.

Won't exactly "fix" the job, but could be interesting.

As for Domain Invasion, given the text at the top about making it more friendly for solo and small groups, my guess is that they're planning on scaling the NMs down if there are less players currently fighting.

Post deleted by User.
By Fayona 2019-12-03 07:25:25  
MAKE SCYTHE GREAT AGAIN!!!!

Also RIP PLD's guess ill be leaving all my PLD gear on my mule for the foreseeable future. Not sure how SE expects a pld to aoe cure faster than a whm can. By the time they've fired off the spell everyone will be at full health again. Unless it also comes with inspiration like Valliance.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-03 07:46:36  
Asura.Geriond said: »
If the JA is sufficiently good enough (IE, not a 2 minute duration 5 minute recast thing), PLD might actually get some niche use over RUN if bringing a PLD let you bring a RDM or SCH instead of a WHM to some AoE heavy fights.

My first impression was garbage, but this is actually a really neat point. Would be awesome if it made non-WHM a more viable healer.

I was hoping instead of or in addition to a direct nerf to DI, they did something about the ridiculous participation system and changed it to a flat rate 500 beads or whatever.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-03 07:56:50  
Doesn't necessarily have to be a JA with a recast. Could be a stance, lot of ways to implement it.

Cures become AOE if you aren't at the top of any monsters hate list. Would make it an easy hate regrab, and give you more use against fodder type stuff where tanking isn't practical or needed.

Cures become AOE if you have at least 300, 500, w.e tp, but consume all TP. No longer limited by time, costs something, still can't use it nonstop.

Cures become AOE and cost 50-100% more MP.

Etc. A plain JA is boring, but knowing SE you're probably right and it'll just be accession-1.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-03 08:19:12  
DirectX said: »
I fear it will be. I bet DRK will just be more "break physical damage limit" when using Scythe too.

If there's not even a new BC in this patch I am glad I am not paying subscription at the moment. They should deliver something new this month to be worth paying for.

they are adjusting Dominion invasions...?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-03 08:30:32  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
I fear it will be. I bet DRK will just be more "break physical damage limit" when using Scythe too.

If there's not even a new BC in this patch I am glad I am not paying subscription at the moment. They should deliver something new this month to be worth paying for.

I think it will just be an attempt to prevent botting, but let's see.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Prevent botting..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I do hope they make it a bit more soloable for everyone. Still lacking some Zitah kills.

Post deleted by User.
By Torzak 2019-12-03 09:33:49  
Outside of some kind of initial aoe threat tag, I don't see Banishga being useful for PLD. It'll probably be largely treated as a diaga pull (that'd I'd do on rdm/nin) that comes with no dot. Useful for rounding up targets at a distance.

The Curaga thing could be nice, but it depends heavily on exactly what the ability does. It has the chance to really change the way PLD plays or party dynamics work, or it could be something people rarely even touch because the value just isn't there. I'm hoping it brings some demand for MP regeneration for PLDs, personally.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-03 10:22:30  
Watch them give PLD Curagas

Winnar!
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-03 10:34:21  
Torzak said: »
I don't see Banishga being useful for PLD.
Assuming up to T3.... it's basically Foil on a hard 10min timer. (unless its against a bunch of light immune/absorbing mons)

So....

Garbage. But... better than not having it? I guess?

Shiva.Humpo said: »

They're adding a KI(?) reward redemption system sorta like how the WKRs got one through RoE. (Though I have no info for if it's through RoE here.)
Sounds like they also might be making the flying phase less of a thing too? Maybe fulltime grounded campaign. Wouldn't be the first time they made a campaign fulltime (salvage plans).

EDIT: having read the JP side now, most definitely sounds like a fulltime grounded campaign. Though seems there's a new currency for the reward exchange? Unless "専用ポイント" somehow is meaning a KI... pretty sure that's "unique point(s)".
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-03 10:47:09  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Wouldn't be the first time they made a campaign fulltime (salvage plans).

On that note, they should honestly make NNI on fulltime campaign as well. AFAIK, no one in their right mind does vanilla NNI and when the campaign is on, it still doesn't get nearly as much traffic as it used to. It would be a nice alternative (albeit much less profitable with alex unless very lucky) to doing Salvage II once monthly ambuscade alex limits are reached.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-12-03 10:52:58  
FaeQueenCory said: »
EDIT: having read the JP side now, most definitely sounds like a fulltime grounded campaign. Though seems there's a new currency for the reward exchange? Unless "専用ポイント" somehow is meaning a KI... pretty sure that's "unique point(s)".

Some sort of point system that accumulates as you go would make a lot of sense. One of the issues Domain Invasion has, as a public, drop-in sort of events is how all-or-nothing it is. You either get in early enough to get a good evaluation and see the wyrm defeated, or you don't bother with it at all.

Rewarding players more as they go would do a lot to improve on that, even without softening some of the battle mechanics, relaxing/removing the timer, or any number of other things they could do.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 114 115 116 ... 424 425 426