user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2017-11-13 13:57:46  
DirectX said: »
Shiva.Anoq said: »
I just finished my Ochain the other day after about 1 week
To 119 or 99?

Ochain doesn't go to 119
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 14:10:37  
Hardly anyone even takes it to 99. But afterglow or bust!
 Shiva.Anoq
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2017-11-13 14:29:36  
To 119 or 99?

To 90, all that's needed for Ochain, and I believe the horn only needs to go to 90 as well.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 14:41:30  
To 119 or 99?

To 90, all that's needed for Ochain, and I believe the horn only needs to go to 90 as well.
90 Dura is only +1 song which is same as oboro weapon. Need 99 for 2
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-11-13 17:11:47  
clearlyamule said: »
Hardly anyone even takes it to 99. But afterglow or bust!
Hey I had good reasons to! I had to
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 17:18:48  
The extra mp is actually kind of useful sometimes
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-03 17:45:59  
Just sharing my own experience in building my very first relic (Gjallarhorn).

Having THF and BLU (or BST) makes the process easier. THF just so you can farm whatever you need (mostly). BLU is for farming sparks with AoE (BST can do this as well). Capped sparks can be traded in for approx 1 million gil. Either of these jobs can also solo all the missions (with trusts), which you will want as you can easily get sparks during gain exp (or even if not during gain exp) with all the EXP/CP bonuses from completed missions. Even the most casual of players will easily get capped sparks within a week. So that's around 4 million per month (that's the super low and slow end; most will likely get more if they nab a few gain exp sessions).

A relic will take about 45 million if you do nothing but buy the currencies with gil (I paid 240k per bill, and you need around 180). Spamming ambuscade is (in my opinion) the easiest. Again, even the most casual of players who do ambuscade can make around 6 million each month from selling ambuscade items. Plus you can get a full set of +1 gear from total hallmarks.

So in four months you can get a relic -- and you don't even really have to think about it. This is the "I'm going to wait until a relic falls into my lap" pace.
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2017-12-03 20:04:56  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Just sharing my own experience in building my very first relic (Gjallarhorn).

Having THF and BLU (or BST) makes the process easier. THF just so you can farm whatever you need (mostly). BLU is for farming sparks with AoE (BST can do this as well). Capped sparks can be traded in for approx 1 million gil. Either of these jobs can also solo all the missions (with trusts), which you will want as you can easily get sparks during gain exp (or even if not during gain exp) with all the EXP/CP bonuses from completed missions. Even the most casual of players will easily get capped sparks within a week. So that's around 4 million per month (that's the super low and slow end; most will likely get more if they nab a few gain exp sessions).

A relic will take about 45 million if you do nothing but buy the currencies with gil (I paid 240k per bill, and you need around 180). Spamming ambuscade is (in my opinion) the easiest. Again, even the most casual of players who do ambuscade can make around 6 million each month from selling ambuscade items. Plus you can get a full set of +1 gear from total hallmarks.

So in four months you can get a relic -- and you don't even really have to think about it. This is the "I'm going to wait until a relic falls into my lap" pace.

45 mil is disingenuous because of the costs of taking it to 119 and afterglowing it to finish.