October 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-11 15:23:10  
geigei said: »
Sudden lunge all the things, once again blu is king.

On Qutrubs or Skeletons?
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 15:25:44  
So talking to Jamal and he is talking about O melody. Is that new or been there for last few updates?
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-11 15:30:00  
The Qutrubs have absolute crap for evasion; 1100 is enough to cap on N (I didn't try any lower, so don't know what minimum is).
By geigei 2017-10-11 15:32:46  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
geigei said: »
Sudden lunge all the things, once again blu is king.

On Qutrubs or Skeletons?

V1
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-11 15:35:25  
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-10-11 15:48:47  
Davorin said: »
Vol 1 is qutrub, and Vol 2 is spooky taru.

Lol, that makes sense. Thanks
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-11 16:03:57  
Pankas said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Flamma head and feet put HQ Argosy (I only use two) to bed, at least for DRK. Also tons of magic accuracy. Liking some of the Mummu as well. Ayanmo body is sweet for the jobs that can use it. Rings might be useful depending on the set bonus.

Not sure what are you using Argosy head for, but Flamma Head is not even close to beat it. When again one is used for tp and another for ws.

What are you using?
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-11 16:12:34  
When attack capped, Flamma +2 head > Argosy +1 for Resolution.
When not, it's the other way around.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-10-11 16:18:02  
Odin.Geriond said: »
When attack capped, Flamma +2 > Argosy +1 for Resolution.
When not, it's the other way around.

That's what I meant by my post, sorry I wasn't clearer. It was a quick comment before bed.
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2017-10-11 16:26:40  
PSA there are Qutrub in Abyssea - Tahrongi, Flux 8, next to glavoid. 16 spawns.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-11 17:07:56  
Something can cause the mobs to get a massive attack bonus; I just had a run on N where the Astrologer (first set of adds) started hitting me for 800 instead of 200 or less, and the boss finished me off with 1000 damage hit.
By Staleyx 2017-10-11 17:12:24  
Quote:
Something can cause the mobs to get a massive attack bonus; I just had a run on N where the Astrologer (first set of adds) started hitting me for 800 instead of 200 or less, and the boss finished me off with 1000 damage hit.

The Boss can absorb your buffs. Was able to dispel some with bard. One of the moves is aoe haste he gives the adds also.
By anik 2017-10-11 17:19:25  
Staleyx said: »
Quote:

The Boss can absorb your buffs. Was able to dispel some with bard. One of the moves is aoe haste he gives the adds also.
I can second that, it does absorb buffs
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-11 17:24:56  
I am aware, but that doesn't quadruple the damage his adds do (and like 10x for him). After they killed me, their damage went back to normal on the others.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 17:30:24  
Asura.Gotenn said: »
That's great for once a day but the repeatable for xp granting mobs unless they changed it
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-11 17:34:44  
Empy AM3 is really nice on Vol 1 -- 18-19k dagger swings. I'm sure sword and other weapons are even better.
 Bahamut.Baronton
user: baronton
By Bahamut.Baronton 2017-10-11 17:41:42  
clearlyamule said: »
That's great for once a day but the repeatable for xp granting mobs unless they changed it

Yeah, abyssea mobs won't work for the non-daily, even if they give XP. I think it says "non-abyssea" areas in the objective description in the RoE quest. Correct me if I am wrong.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-11 17:58:24  
Set Bonus:
1 Piece: +0
2 Pieces: +8
3 Pieces: +16
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-11 18:18:47  
What are people's clear times on vd1?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-10-11 18:41:27  
Cleared VD intense multiple times with NIN NIN RUN/BLU WHM SMN BRD without killing adds.
- 100~80% : Uses Animating Wail, Mangle and Leaping Cleave.
- 80~60% : Weapon breaks, spawns five adds, uses Hex Palm and Spinal Cleave.
- 60~30% : Equips a new weapon, gains add death, uses Unblest Jambiya (removes shadows) and Gen'ei Ryodan (single target, removes 5 shadows, dispels 1 buff per hit).
- 50% : Uses Perfect Dodge
- 30~0% : Weapon breaks again, loses add death, spam Enforce (VD only), uses Utsu San, Phantom Whorl.
Enforce : AoE HP Drain (15'~ range), drain is based on players current HP and cannot kill them, it also heals the boss for much more than it steals HP, making it unkillable when players are at full HP. The trick is to not cure melees and let them tank with 10 HP to sufficiently weaken the drain.

NINs tank boss, RUN tank adds away from the boss, BRD Elegy everything.
Boss is very manageable with 2 NINs and Slow/Elegy.
The second wave of adds won't spawn if the first wave is already present.
All the adds die when the boss is defeated.
Mewing Lullaby prevent adds from using Triple Reversal. They don't have regain, ML can be used once every 2~3 min, no need to spam it.
Boss can use Triple Reversal but the only time we saw him using it was when the adds were close.

AAHM trust has Utsusemi+1 trait. Ni give him 5 shadows and Ichi 4 shadows (R.I.P. Gessho).
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-10-11 18:45:16  
Odin.Geriond said: »
Set Bonus:
1 Piece: +0
2 Pieces: +8
3 Pieces: +16

All of my WUT
 Asura.Tealsic
user: TTealsic
By Asura.Tealsic 2017-10-11 18:50:58  
Judging from the post it seems like a decently geared bar could find a place in the setup? I have an almost ideal pet double attack set and an Aymur. Wondering how well this would do if given the chance.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 18:58:54  
Bahamut.Baronton said: »

Yeah, abyssea mobs won't work for the non-daily, even if they give XP. I think it says "non-abyssea" areas in the objective description in the RoE quest. Correct me if I am wrong.
I think it does now to avoid confusion but definitely didn't at first which confused a lot of newer players don't realize that the abyssea system works more like a bcnm where you aren't getting xp directly for the kill but are being awarded thru system that among other things counts mob stats when it dies which is why anything that says experience granting mob doesn't work
 Bahamut.Baronton
user: baronton
By Bahamut.Baronton 2017-10-11 20:56:42  

I think it does now to avoid confusion but definitely didn't at first which confused a lot of newer players don't realize that the abyssea system works more like a bcnm where you aren't getting xp directly for the kill but are being awarded thru system that among other things counts mob stats when it dies which is why anything that says experience granting mob doesn't work

That's a good explanation. I assumed it was because abyssea is just too easy to pop in and do 1 aoe. But really, what is the difference between that and an assault after you lower the kill count to 3?

XP mechanics in Abyssea obviously don't follow normal XP rules. Lights (gold, specifically) and order of mob families killed (same family increases xp, alternate increases cruor) factor in. Never thought of it that way, but yeah, more of an X amount like BCNMS, only X can be increased by certain factors. At least to some degree.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2017-10-11 21:00:22  

Just double checked, and yes it works for the daily, but the did update the help text for the ROE, it does now say non-Legion or Abyssea area.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-10-11 21:20:37  
Clearing VD easily with PLD/BLU (supertank), RUN/NIN, BLU/NIN, BRD, GEO/RDM, RDM/smn.

Premise is similar to Papesse's Post, using a strategy where we keep adds alive. RDM is OP for this, Slow2+ elegy make it so NIN isn't necessarily needed. /SMN is for the mew on the adds. Also his description of the boss's HP % phases + the tp moves are spot on. (GEO does wilt for the adds, Indi frail for boss, been experimenting with various entrusts tbh)

Edit: fight takes about 10mins after buffing, Majority ruling on indi-slow of all things lol
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-11 21:40:29  
How many buff/support for the PLD? I found that add nukes are pretty strong so fulltime ochain is risky but with aegis they get a lot move tp/damage due to missed blocks

Edit: and also just found that they can be silenced so ignore lol
By clearlyamule 2017-10-11 21:50:08  

That's a good explanation. I assumed it was because abyssea is just too easy to pop in and do 1 aoe. But really, what is the difference between that and an assault after you lower the kill count to 3?

XP mechanics in Abyssea obviously don't follow normal XP rules. Lights (gold, specifically) and order of mob families killed (same family increases xp, alternate increases cruor) factor in. Never thought of it that way, but yeah, more of an X amount like BCNMS, only X can be increased by certain factors. At least to some degree.
Think they actually talked about it and that's just how the system has always counted it and they obviously aren't going to try and change it for. Side note bcnms amounts can change too. Pretty sure difficulty on the ones that have it do and think rings are effected by it

For vol 1 haven't been doing VD just easy instead but actually tried just having pets sort of super tank them all without killing adds and it worked not bad though hate is a little wonky.

To note endeath doesn't work on the autos. If not being fought the drk add would only use spinal cleave offensively while the blm would only use mangle unless you lowered it enough to 2hr then it would cast. Like this the main would only use turn the table at under 30% which wont actually kill and regular damage against autos was kind of too weak. they could still use the aoe buff moves though. All of them seemed pretty easy too stun too

Also adds would spawn one at a time. First the drk then after I did dmg or maybe just took an action against it the blm would
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-10-11 22:04:35  
Yeah i went to Srivatsa PDT/Block set (still had 50% MDT) and got nuked for 2k at one point, since i'm vanilla been swapping shields when i see nukes, or full timing aegis. And yeah silence helps too XD. Even with Aegis, they hit for 300-500 Magic nukes which is kinda stong.

Basically I use capped (non DM augments) Phalanx set, have Wilt, and 2 defense songs. Then i pop on SIRD. They still hit hard, but very manageable with light cures from BRD and RDM, tbh i probably can keep myself up wit only needing erases here and there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-12 01:03:58  
Will the second wave spawn if you leave one from the first alive?

I know when I did a fast VE it only made one add, never a second since I didn't kill it, but would that work on other tiers. Or would it just replace the killed ones instead of a full wave.

IE: kill 4/5 > will second wave appear with 5? with 4? or no wave?
[+]