フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21
 Carbuncle.Rajang
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-10-27 20:23:40  
A JP guy that actually counted each one ended up with 99,936 spirits and mentioned he probably just missed a few. I'm guessing it's 100,000 exactly.
By Boshi 2017-10-28 03:36:43  
Carbuncle.Rajang said: »

!

o?

sup.
By formula76 2017-10-28 23:20:55  
Is there any info on what 6 step synth chains are did anyone figure it out yet. I’m on last part and this might take me 6 months or more at 5 points for a tier 2 synth
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-11-04 10:24:28  
Some funny test done tonight, lowered the stability bar until i got the green light and went to bed, today its back to full with blue light, this either tells there's some sort of stability regen overtime of sorts, quite useful if u wanna do 3-4 lv1 chaftchains to end a session lol (i know it isnt much but its a thing since there's so many lv1s compared to the others)
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-11-04 11:25:30  
Yes, the bar recovers over time as well. It actually recovers pretty fast.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
サーバ: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2017-11-25 16:01:28  
Feel like I'm doing something wrong. I have mog enhance and am using proper crystal but my desynth is about an 80% fail rate.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By eliroo 2017-12-26 08:14:40  
So How much gil is required outright for the Synth Catalysts if you do only 6 steps?
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-26 08:49:20  
3.5 billion
By eliroo 2017-12-26 09:45:53  
Yikes that is just the the MC-I Items? That is insane.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-27 11:19:30  
no thats for the spheres
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-27 12:20:18  
Asura.Toralin said: »
no thats for the spheres
Yeah my Japanese friend who finished his first on Odin told me because of the breaks etc a couple billion weeeeeseee
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-02 08:33:59  
These are the best:

>> / If I buy the mats could you try to make me a +1, maybe ill get luck with a hq

I hope people just dont understand how the shield works, but its like yeah man here bring me 5m in mats and lets see if i get lucky... IT ONLY HQ'S. I kind of get the "social norm" of crafting someone "trying to hq" with mats on a 110 craft, but I think its not the same with the shield.
[+]
By Takisan 2018-01-02 12:55:28  
Asura.Toralin said: »
These are the best:

>> / If I buy the mats could you try to make me a +1, maybe ill get luck with a hq

I hope people just dont understand how the shield works, but its like yeah man here bring me 5m in mats and lets see if i get lucky... IT ONLY HQ'S. I kind of get the "social norm" of crafting someone "trying to hq" with mats on a 110 craft, but I think its not the same with the shield.

Translation: Hi, I know you spent tons of hours and probably around 100 Million to 2 Billion gil making your shield. Do you mind working for free?

Thank you to those who have made these shields. I always tip my crafters. It is just the right thing to do for those who busted their butts for the rest of us. Especially with gil so easy to fabricate now, gawd its the least you could do.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-02 13:24:16  
Takisan said: »
Translation: Hi, I know you spent tons of hours and probably around 100 Million to 2 Billion gil making your shield. Do you mind working for free?

Thank you to those who have made these shields. I always tip my crafters. It is just the right thing to do for those who busted their butts for the rest of us. Especially with gil so easy to fabricate now, gawd its the least you could do.

Well you're close, but not close enough.

"Hi, I know you were dumb enough to make that shield, so I know you must be dumb enough to work for free too, here do this"
[+]
By Taint 2018-01-02 13:43:39  
You could probably make great gil charging per attempt.

Just make a macro explaining, this ***is going to break or HQ, either way I'm keep your X amount of gil for attempting.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-02 14:57:53  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Takisan said: »

Well you're close, but not close enough.

"Hi, I know you were dumb enough to make that shield, so I know you must be dumb enough to work for free too, here do this"

This sentence is as close as it gets, im close to finish the gold shield and got several tells already from people i really dont know asking if i could do their stikini +1s once i finish the shield, of course for free because why offer some reward on big ticket items when the crafter took months and 100m+ (if u farmed all spheres) to finish the shield lol.

Now imagine they introduce new accesories made with shields only (or SU4 gear), the amount of QQing from people against escutcheon owners is gonna be big because "how can you charge me, you bad!!"
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-01-02 14:58:15  
Taint said: »

Just make a macro explaining, this ***is going to break or HQ, either way I'm keep your X amount of gil for attempting.

This.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-02 15:23:59  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Taint said: »

This.

Toralin CRAFTING SHIELD LOTTO, 1 synth 5m Come and get it!!! Who gets the left over mats on a break? if it loses just the crystal do they get a free /lastsynth?
 Carbuncle.Arakon
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-13 19:40:43  
Is there a ninja update to sphere crafting in the Jan patch? I found that I am no longer seeing non-critical failures with no material loss. I was using desynth with strong lightning energy support. I was at 22% critical failures before the patch and it is now 35%.

Also, having a problem with this chain:
Detonation -> Scission -> Liquidification -> Impaction -> Fragmentation -> Light

By the time I use Light Sphere, I am seeing the chain already reset (i.e. only 1 spirit). Is there any timing tricks involved?
Or will this only work when the light is changed to green?

Edit: Got the Detonation and Scission in the wrong position.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2018-01-13 19:43:59  
The lights on the apparatus has nothing to do with the craftchains not connecting. That thing's colour is just related to the stability. The reason your chain is resetting is a time thing. Just like real weapon skillchains, the acceptable time frame for the next synthesis becomes shorter and shorter. You're better off shortening that craftchain so you don't waste those light spheres.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-13 20:08:58  
Guess I will just stick to T1s to T2. The only annoying part is the separate farming for impaction.

Is there any tips of using the other spheres from Quadavs? I can only think of Induration -> Reverbation -> Fusion -> Light

Am stuck with a pile of Gravitation, Distortion and Darkness spheres. Compression seems painful to farm.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-13 20:13:36  
In case anyone is interested, I made an add-on to help track the stats and trigger crafting with the craft add-on when the item drops. The farming is so mindless that I had to do this to keep myself occupied.

https://github.com/coldmix/windower-lua-add-ons

These are some of the stats I collected so far:
Items - 3116, Attempts - 3935, Success - 1738
T1 (1218) 30.95%, T2 (355) 9.02%, T3 (165) 4.19%
Failure, no lost (819) 20.19%, Lost (1378) 35.02%

I expect the Failure, no lost to go to 0 if you start after this update.

It also track the Spirit Imbue and Lost and the number of T1, T2, T3 catalyst used. I am pathetically poor, so it helps me to predict my budget.

I only track the "The <item> will be used" message so if you select it then backout, it will falsely add 1 to the catalyst.

You can reload the addon to avoid this since the stats is only saved when the spirits imbue message appear.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-14 03:00:27  
Not 100% sure but am seeing some new behavior crafting spheres.

I switch out Mog: Desythn for Mega Mog: Alchemy for spirit imbuing and forgot to switch it back.

While farming for compression spheres (which is something new for me), I am seeing the non-critical failures again. I suspect that the Jan update could have changed the recipes from desynth to normal synth recipes.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
By clearlyamule 2018-01-14 03:24:02  
If they'd done that success rate would've likely gone up.

I'm confused how getting non-crit failures is abnormal. Haven't done spheres myself are they some kind of unique desynth that didn't have no loss failures?
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-14 05:32:24  
Before the update, I was farming mainly quadavs. It's quite common for me to see a few synth failures (i.e. repeat attempts) for a single drop. I was having about 22-24% critical failure.

After the update, I was farming Impaction and Induration, the total percentage of critical failure went up from 22% to 35% so it seems a big jump. The stats was collected since I started, so the actual percentage would be much higher to skew my stats from 22% to 35%.
By xenomasterkenshin 2018-01-14 07:34:15  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Is there a ninja update to sphere crafting in the Jan patch? I found that I am no longer seeing non-critical failures with no material loss. I was using desynth with strong lightning energy support. I was at 22% critical failures before the patch and it is now 35%.

Also, having a problem with this chain:
Detonation -> Scission -> Liquidification -> Impaction -> Fragmentation -> Light

By the time I use Light Sphere, I am seeing the chain already reset (i.e. only 1 spirit). Is there any timing tricks involved?
Or will this only work when the light is changed to green?

Edit: Got the Detonation and Scission in the wrong position.

I try to use 5 spheres and do 4-step, try this:

Stone > fire > thunder > frag > light

You have roughtly 3 seconds to do the last light, adding 1 more step cuts it 1 second so u have to be real fast, i rarely fail this combo.

And by the way, almost done! D:
By Revive328 2018-01-16 01:07:04  
Can do scission,liquification,impaction,gravitation,distortion to create darkness. 2 tier catalysts was but 29 points
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-01-16 06:57:18  
Revive328 said: »
Can do scission,liquification,impaction,gravitation,distortion to create darkness. 2 tier catalysts was but 29 points
Thanks, with that, I have all the T2 covered.

• Detonation -> Scission -> Liquefaction -> Impaction -> Fragmentation

• Scission -> Liquefaction -> Impaction -> Gravitation -> Distortion

• Induration -> Reverbation -> Fusion

Can easily remove a T1 and stack a T3 to the first two chains or light to the third chain.
34.7K vs 154.1K gils for Catalyst and 74 vs 115 spirits

Either 47 mil or 135 mil in catalyst alone (No HQ or breaks), but probably a mix since not using T3 is a waste.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-16 09:04:10  
Can any1 make an addon to track how many spirits are imbued already? thx!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 09:12:47  
Why would you need to know?

You're either done, or you aren't.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21